May 13, 2024, 09:13:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #160 4/09/10 - 4/28/10  (Read 279633 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #740 on: April 16, 2010, 05:52:35 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/23175967/detail.html
Jail Friend: Casey Described Using Chloroform
Posted: 4:29 pm EDT April 16, 2010Updated: 5:39 pm EDT April 16, 2010
OCALA, Fla. -- A young woman who was one of Casey Anthony's jailhouse friends spoke exclusively to WFTV on Friday in her first one-on-one interview. She said Casey described how she used to knock her daughter Caylee out with chloroform.
She would pour it on, like, a rag, like, a wash rag, and put it on the baby's face,” 21-year-old Maya Derkovic told WFTV reporter Kathi Belich.

Derkovic is a convicted killer. She said she met Casey in the Orange County jail. Derkovic reported details of her whispered conversations with Casey to detectives; the two used to talk in the jail through an air vent.
[See Images From Interview]
Enlarge Image

See Images From Interview
Derkovic told WFTV detectives only got part of the story. She told WFTV brand new information during an exclusive interview Friday morning.

Derkovic turned herself in and got 30 years instead of the death penalty for murdering another teenager four years ago. Derkovic and others at the jail thought she would have the best chance of convincing Casey to come clean.

Derkovic talked with Kathi Belich at the Lowell Correctional Institution in Ocala for an hour and a half and she answered questions about her communication with accused killer Casey Anthony.

“She said she used to knock the baby out so she could go party and she would put her to sleep. When she'd come back, the baby would still be asleep,” Derkovic said.

She told investigators she didn't know how Casey knocked out Caylee, but Belich asked her.

“Did she say what she used to knock her out?” she asked.

“I can't pronounce it. Chlorofoam?” Derkovic said.
She said she doesn't know where Casey got it, but knows how she used it.

“She would pour it on, like, a rag, a washrag, and put it over the baby's face so she'd inhale it and that would knock her out,” Derkovic said.

Belich asked Derkovic why she hadn't mentioned chloroform to investigators.

“I just want to be clear. Do you remember telling them that?” Belich asked.

“Probably not. Because, like I said, I can barely pronounce the name. I know it's drugs,” she said.

Derkovic described Casey's resentment about the attention her mother shifted to Caylee, once she was born, as being like sibling rivalry.

“She would say, ‘What's so special about Caylee? Why didn't she care about me like that?’ Stuff like that,” Derkovic said.

Derkovic said Casey was jealous of the relationship between Cindy and Caylee.

“When Caylee was born, Caylee was the center of attention, ‘cause she was the baby. It's kind of like siblings. When the new one comes along, the older ones feel left out,” Derkovic said.
Derkovic said Casey was happy-go-lucky in jail and always smiling.

“Did she ever say she was upset in the jail and she couldn't look for Caylee or nobody was doing enough to find Caylee?” Belich asked. “Or anything like that?”

“No, Derkovic said.

Derkovic said she turned herself in because it was the right thing to do and tried to get Casey to open up about what happened to Caylee.

“Nothing I ever said to her really registered,” Derkovic said.

“But when you would do that, she didn't say, ‘I didn't do it’?” Belich asked.

“No, she didn't say that either. She wouldn't say, like, ‘It's not me. It's somebody else. I need to get out of here and find them.’ She never said that. Not once,” Derkovic said.

Derkovic said she called investigators around Thanksgiving last year, because “it was the right thing to do” concerning the murder of a child. She insists she has no intention of asking for time off her 30-year sentence.
MOTION FILED TO HAVE JUDGE REMOVED IN CASEY CASE
Motion: http://www.wftv.com/pdf/23176762/detail.html
Casey Anthony’s defense filed a motion Friday to have Judge Stan Strickland removed from the case.

Jose Baez claims that Strickland should be removed because he has had contact with a blogger, who covers the Casey case, named Dave Knechel, otherwise known as Marinade Dave.
The blogger claims he told defense investigators on April 11 that he received a phone call from Judge Strickland when Knechel was sick, wishing him well.

Casey’s defense team claims Knechel developed a personal relationship with Strickland.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #741 on: April 16, 2010, 05:53:45 PM »

I'm watching the surprise hearing with the Chelsea King/AmberDubois  case. Gardner pled guilty

What a huge difference between the fiasco hearings in this case. Court proceedings elsewhere make Bozo and co. look like fools.  BBL

WOW....so glad to read he pled guilty............I will try to watch it later if it available.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #742 on: April 16, 2010, 05:54:07 PM »

Casey Anthony's friend talks Part 1  of 2  http://www.wftv.com/video/23175347/index.html
                                       Images:  http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/23174801/detail.html

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #743 on: April 16, 2010, 05:56:18 PM »

I seriously should walk away from all this. This makes me so ill, Haleigh's case I could just scream, and John Garners confesses to Chelsea and Amber's death. Way to much too process right now. 
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #744 on: April 16, 2010, 05:58:26 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/4/16/blogger_in_question_talks_with_news_13.html
 Blogger In Question Talks With News 13
Friday, April 16, 2010 5:13:38 PM
Reported by Jacqueline Fell

ORLANDO -- Marinadedave.com used to get about 5,000 hits a month when he had only feature content on his site.

However, ever since he started writing about Casey Anthony, it has skyrocketed to around 100,000 hits a month.

He told News 13 he's a writer who is naturally inquisitive, always asks questions, and talks to just about anybody.

Now he's become a part of the Anthony case.

Dave Knechel is more commonly known as Marinade Dave.

It's his webpage where he mostly blogs about Anthony.

"I go to the hearings, I write about it and I try to take a more neutral stance," Knechel said.

One day after a court hearing in October, his writing was recognized by Judge Stan Strickland.

Knechel was about to leave the court when a bailiff stopped him and told him the following.

“The judge wants to meet with you and I said ‘no, I don't think so’ and sure enough he just wanted to say hello and that he reads my blog,” Knechel said.

A few days after that Knechel blogged about it.

Knechel said Strickland told him "needless to say, I do go on the Internet and read about this case. I must say that you have the best Web site regarding this case. You investigate and you are very fair to everyone."

Later in the conversation Strickland said “No, you are very good as a writer and you stick to the facts. You are very fair and I'm impressed."
Anthony’s defense said that conversation is grounds for the Strickland to remove himself from the case.

In his opinion, Knechel said what the judge reads or watches on TV doesn't make a difference.

"I don't think he would formulate an opinion based on what somebody writes on a newspaper on a blog on a forum on any sort of media outlet," Knechel said.

News 13 asked Knechel about his relationship with Strickland, who said there's nothing there.

"I wouldn't say that we’re friends,” Knechel said.

Knechel said he doesn't make any money from his website, and does it simply because he is a writer and lives in Orlando.

No, it is not enough to get him removed, not to mention besides this tool bragging way too muckin fuch about something that quite frankly isnt that impressive, the defense is taking a huge leap to indicate that Stan the Man's sole comment about  marinadave's blog was in reference to what he has written about this case.

Here is marinadave's entry to refresh everyone's memory:

http://marinadedave.wordpress.com/2010/01/25/a-personal-reflection/

mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #745 on: April 16, 2010, 06:01:26 PM »

I seriously should walk away from all this. This makes me so ill, Haleigh's case I could just scream, and John Garners confesses to Chelsea and Amber's death. Way to much too process right now. 
an angelic monkey  NoRose.....I understand..... at least for once one of these monsters accepted his responsibility and didn't force everyone to have to endure months of hearing the details over and over.    doesn't happen very often.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #746 on: April 16, 2010, 06:03:28 PM »

Cappy,this stinks.Maybe this blogger was on a mission.

~ Peter Frampton
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #747 on: April 16, 2010, 06:04:42 PM »

I'm watching the surprise hearing with the Chelsea King/AmberDubois  case. Gardner pled guilty

What a huge difference between the fiasco hearings in this case. Court proceedings elsewhere make Bozo and co. look like fools.  BBL

Shocking, but he was doing it to avoid either the DP or the chance of being in gen pop...ruthless, black hearted monster.   I saw no remorse

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #748 on: April 16, 2010, 06:10:32 PM »

Cappy,this stinks.Maybe this blogger was on a mission.

Im fuming but I do not think this is a big issue at all.   Although I just said yesterday that the defense would take any opportunity to use ANY communication this presiding judge would hear or read as a reason to get him removed from the case for bias.

Im livid with this wannabe tool for bragging for his 15 minutes, fame of what I have to ask -  that he got a compliment from a judge... So the flip what!   Now that being said, the defense is foolish to point out this blog because I've often wondered why MD often seemed to over sympathize with the Anthonys & at times appeared to be favoring a defense stance on a few issues.   I hope he's proud of himself now that his big mouth & big head has caused this fair judge to have to defend himself...and he wonders why he got so much slack even before this came to light? 

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #749 on: April 16, 2010, 06:12:31 PM »

Jail Friend: Casey Described Using Chloroform
Posted: 4:29 pm EDT April 16, 2010Updated: 5:39 pm EDT April 16, 2010
OCALA, Fla. -- A young woman who was one of Casey Anthony's jailhouse friends spoke exclusively to WFTV on Friday in her first one-on-one interview. She said Casey described how she used to knock her daughter Caylee out with chloroform.
She would pour it on, like, a rag, like, a wash rag, and put it on the baby's face,” 21-year-old Maya Derkovic told WFTV reporter Kathi Belich.

Derkovic is a convicted killer. She said she met Casey in the Orange County jail. Derkovic reported details of her whispered conversations with Casey to detectives; the two used to talk in the jail through an air vent.
[See Images From Interview]
Enlarge Image

See Images From Interview
Derkovic told WFTV detectives only got part of the story. She told WFTV brand new information during an exclusive interview Friday morning.

Derkovic turned herself in and got 30 years instead of the death penalty for murdering another teenager four years ago. Derkovic and others at the jail thought she would have the best chance of convincing Casey to come clean.

Derkovic talked with Kathi Belich at the Lowell Correctional Institution in Ocala for an hour and a half and she answered questions about her communication with accused killer Casey Anthony.

“She said she used to knock the baby out so she could go party and she would put her to sleep. When she'd come back, the baby would still be asleep,” Derkovic said.

She told investigators she didn't know how Casey knocked out Caylee, but Belich asked her.

“Did she say what she used to knock her out?” she asked.

“I can't pronounce it. Chlorofoam?” Derkovic said.
She said she doesn't know where Casey got it, but knows how she used it.

“She would pour it on, like, a rag, a washrag, and put it over the baby's face so she'd inhale it and that would knock her out,” Derkovic said.

Belich asked Derkovic why she hadn't mentioned chloroform to investigators.

“I just want to be clear. Do you remember telling them that?” Belich asked.

“Probably not. Because, like I said, I can barely pronounce the name. I know it's drugs,” she said.

Derkovic described Casey's resentment about the attention her mother shifted to Caylee, once she was born, as being like sibling rivalry.

“She would say, ‘What's so special about Caylee? Why didn't she care about me like that?’ Stuff like that,” Derkovic said.

Derkovic said Casey was jealous of the relationship between Cindy and Caylee.

“When Caylee was born, Caylee was the center of attention, ‘cause she was the baby. It's kind of like siblings. When the new one comes along, the older ones feel left out,” Derkovic said.
Derkovic said Casey was happy-go-lucky in jail and always smiling.

“Did she ever say she was upset in the jail and she couldn't look for Caylee or nobody was doing enough to find Caylee?” Belich asked. “Or anything like that?”

“No, Derkovic said.

Derkovic said she turned herself in because it was the right thing to do and tried to get Casey to open up about what happened to Caylee.

“Nothing I ever said to her really registered,” Derkovic said.

“But when you would do that, she didn't say, ‘I didn't do it’?” Belich asked.

“No, she didn't say that either. She wouldn't say, like, ‘It's not me. It's somebody else. I need to get out of here and find them.’ She never said that. Not once,” Derkovic said.

Derkovic said she called investigators around Thanksgiving last year, because “it was the right thing to do” concerning the murder of a child. She insists she has no intention of asking for time off her 30-year sentence.
MOTION FILED TO HAVE JUDGE REMOVED IN CASEY CASE
Motion: http://www.wftv.com/pdf/23176762/detail.html
Casey Anthony’s defense filed a motion Friday to have Judge Stan Strickland removed from the case.

Jose Baez claims that Strickland should be removed because he has had contact with a blogger, who covers the Casey case, named Dave Knechel, otherwise known as Marinade Dave.
The blogger claims he told defense investigators on April 11 that he received a phone call from Judge Strickland when Knechel was sick, wishing him well.

Casey’s defense team claims Knechel developed a personal relationship with Strickland.

SM is cited on page 8

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #750 on: April 16, 2010, 06:16:58 PM »

Casey’s Defense Wants Judge Removed From Case

Friday, April 16, 2010 4:59:05 PM
Tools: E-mail | Print | Feedback | AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Reported by Adam Longo

ORLANDO -- News 13 has learned Casey Anthony's defense team wants Judge Stan Strickland to remove himself from the case.

The motion said Strickland had an inappropriate conversation with a man who blogs about the case.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/4/16/caseys_defense_wants_judge_removed_from_case.html

OHMYGAWD!  It's marinadebrain!!!  BOZO just digs the hole deeper and deeper

Marinade's brain has been steeping too long.  He should have kept his trap shut!

jen....you are so right.....he is another one of THOSE PEOPLE who love to make themselves look oh so important ..............

Rest in Peace Caylee

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #751 on: April 16, 2010, 06:17:17 PM »

One more thing about Bozo...this confirms he is an idiot because I can guarantee you if case law & precedents back this judge's decisions to deny defense motions or overrule objections there will be no mercy & that gavel will be coming down HARD!    :

Stupid is as stupid does

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #752 on: April 16, 2010, 06:19:16 PM »

snipped from post         

The Justice Administrative Commission objected and said $275,000 previously spent by Anthony's defense team should have been enough to pay for the attorneys and pick up a major share of due-process costs.

Interesting ...  I would think so too.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #753 on: April 16, 2010, 06:19:31 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/04/casey-anthony-in-wftv-exclusive-jail-friend-says-casey-anthony-explained-how-she-put-caylee-to-sleep.html
Casey Anthony: In WFTV exclusive, jail friend says Casey Anthony explained how she put Caylee to sleep
Caylee and Casey Anthony, Jose Baez, WESH, WFTV — posted by halboedeker on April, 16 2010 5:37 PM
Discuss This: Comments(0) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

Casey Anthony said she poured chloroform on a wash rag and put it over Caylee’s face to knock out the child, a jail friend told WFTV-Channel 9.

WFTV’s Kathi Belich conducted the exclusive interview with convicted killer Maya Derkovic at a correctional institution in Ocala. Derkovic, 21, is serving a 30-year sentence for murdering a teenager four years ago.

The interview opened WFTV’s 5 p.m. newscast tonight.

WFTV anchor Martie Salt explained that Derkovic shared “whispered conversations” with Anthony in the Orange County Jail and later told investigators about their chats. Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of daughter Caylee.

“She said that she used to knock the baby out so she could go party,” Derkovic said. “She would put her to sleep. Then she would come back and the baby would still be asleep.”

Derkovic hadn’t told authorities about chloroform, Belich reported. But Derkovic shared that detail in the WFTV interview even though she had trouble pronouncing the word.

Derkovic tried to get Anthony to open up about Caylee, but was unsuccessful, Belich said. “Nothing I ever said to her actually registered,” Derkovic said.

Belich said that Derkovic answered all of her questions in a 90-minute interview. Belich also reported that Derkovic said she wants no time off her 30-year sentence for sharing information about Anthony.

In other Anthony news, WFTV reported that defense attorney Jose Baez is seeking a hearing on the budget for indigent Anthony’s defense. New defense attorney Cheney Mason has put the amount at $200,000, anchor Salt said.

WESH-Channel 2 explored how many tax dollars would go to pay for Anthony’s case.
Orlando defense attorney Richard Hornsby, who offers analysis on WESH, speculated that the amount could be $250,000 initially.

“The real protector of the state’s money is going to be Judge [Stan] Strickland,” Hornsby told Bob Kealing.

uuummmmm and now the defense wants his OUT!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #754 on: April 16, 2010, 06:23:44 PM »

Reported by Adam Longo

ORLANDO -- News 13 has learned Casey Anthony's defense team wants Judge Stan Strickland to remove himself from the case.

The motion said Strickland had an inappropriate conversation with a man who blogs about the case.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/4/16/caseys_defense_wants_judge_removed_from_case.html

Oh brother!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #755 on: April 16, 2010, 06:24:25 PM »

an angelic monkey  NoRose.....I understand..... at least for once one of these monsters accepted his responsibility and didn't force everyone to have to endure months of hearing the details over and over.    doesn't happen very often.

That is very true, very rare.  Now my thoughts are going in the direction, is there a chance that the judge could get kicked off this case, or is this just bs stall tactics. I don't know what to believe reading that what the jail pen pal said about what Casey was doing to Caylee 
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #756 on: April 16, 2010, 06:25:48 PM »

Reported by Adam Longo

He sure does Sunny 

I am surprised Mason allowed this.....ya just don't want to fornicate with the judge!!

I have seen all the fornicating I can stand today.   

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #757 on: April 16, 2010, 06:34:06 PM »

The citing in the defense motion of Scared Monkeys was a court hearing day & we were (inc myself) extremely active that day.   
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4660.0

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #758 on: April 16, 2010, 06:34:37 PM »

Reported by Adam Longo

He probably been waiting for this so he can pay back Strickland for reporting him to the bar and for denying most of his ridiculous motions.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #759 on: April 16, 2010, 06:38:59 PM »

Reported by Adam Longo

He sure does Sunny 

I am surprised Mason allowed this.....ya just don't want to fornicate with the judge!!

Mason isn't quite living up to his reputation as far as I can see. I can't stand him.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.