May 14, 2024, 07:16:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #478 6/23 - 6/24/2006  (Read 323050 times)
igsigs
Monkey Junky

« Reply #420 on: June 24, 2006, 07:53:47 PM »

Quote from: "sandy leiva"

to report that false police are going around gives aruba a very bad name in light of the tragic circumstances that has already occurred with the natalie case.

Sandy, thanks for Diario trans.

Fake Polis? Imagine that. The perp need not worry, IMO. Since Dompig is still employed, impersonating an officer of the law is clearly not a crime.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #421 on: June 24, 2006, 07:54:01 PM »

Hi Again Justins,

Are you a shoe freak like I am? How many pairs do you have?

I have at least 100 pairs of shoes. They are all in boxes on the top shelf in my closet and they are labeled on the outside and arranged by color and type.

I cannot imagine how long it would take me to pack up the shoes. I'd probably get overwhelmed and cry or need a drink!  

When I was a young mother, we were poor. I had one pair of shoes because my daughter was growing and needed bigger sizes all the time.

I think that's what contributed to my wanting to have shoes that specifically matched every outfit when I started to work in the corporate world.  

What can I say?  I love clothes and shoes, not to mention purses.

Love, Louise

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #422 on: June 24, 2006, 08:00:55 PM »

Sandy - yes, email me with your descriptions and I'll try to mark the photo.  You are talking about the center one right?
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #423 on: June 24, 2006, 08:01:26 PM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"

Sandy - I'm not sure where you are seeing the face.  Could you draw, point or circle the head please?  Thanks.

how do i do that. explain and i will try

cant get it on  will email to kalssend maybe she can post it

Sandy - do you a photo editor or graphics program on your computer?  You would have to right c-lick the photo and copy it into your program.  Then mark it wher you see the face.  Then upload it to a photo storage site and place the link for the edited photo in your reply.  Thanks.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #424 on: June 24, 2006, 08:03:03 PM »

Can someone let me know what a "spillway" is? What is their purpose? And how do we know the spillway in the pic is 3 feet square and 2 feet square inside? And how does the spillway significantly fit into this case?

Thank you in advance.

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #425 on: June 24, 2006, 08:05:53 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "justinsmama"
Almost finished packing my shoes. Anyone wanna help with more packing? Plenty of boxes to go around!

How many pairs of shoes do you have?? Shocked  It would take me about 30 seconds to pack mine, LOLOL  Laughing

Um, I don't know, really... Embarassed

San~ So you'll be just in time to load!

Louise~ Good to see you, too, friend! I see my primary care physician next month. I'll talk with her about it, and see what she wants to do if it is still giving me fits.

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #426 on: June 24, 2006, 08:09:00 PM »

Ah, Louise, that is similar to how my shoe buying began. Grew up with not much $ to spread around five children. Once I was out of grad school, the spree began! Luckily, I am not quite as into purses!

SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #427 on: June 24, 2006, 08:10:45 PM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"

I have at least 100 pairs of shoes. They are all in boxes on the top shelf in my closet and they are labeled on the outside and arranged by color and type......
What can I say?  I love clothes and shoes, not to mention purses.

Hi Mama Louise!  I never knew you were a shoe addict!  Ha Ha!
 Laughing  Laughing   Laughing

I prolly have about a dozen pairs of shoes, but only wear about 3 pair.  I gave up on high heels long ago as they are just torture devices.  However, I used to wear the sexy spike heels back when, but, now I sacrifice fashion for comfort.    Very Happy
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #428 on: June 24, 2006, 08:11:10 PM »

Anna,

How did you find out that two security guards jumped off the high rise hotels last year?  What was said about it and were there any reasons for them to do so? I'm suspicious. Do you think/know if they were in some kind of trouble and were pushed or forced to jump?

As far as I'm concerned, there are much easier and less dramatic ways to commit suicide. Jumping off a building is drastic (remember people jumping out of the Twin Towers on September 11) as opposed to overdosing on drugs, since drugs abound on Aruba. Also, how about a gun? 1-2-3 and it's over.

Please let me know what information you might have about this.

Thank you very much.

Louise

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #429 on: June 24, 2006, 08:16:34 PM »

Quote from: "justinsmama"

Um, I don't know, really... Embarassed

San~ So you'll be just in time to load!

Louise~ Good to see you, too, friend! I see my primary care physician next month. I'll talk with her about it, and see what she wants to do if it is still giving me fits.

Justins Laughing   I'm having my own problem now.  I put a load of wash in the dryer and put another one on and everthing stopped.  I went to hit the button on the plug and heard a buzzing sound Shocked .  Do you know any electricians Crying or Very sad
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #430 on: June 24, 2006, 08:25:23 PM »

San~ I do know an electrician but we are not on speaking terms. Bring your laundry. My units are working!

Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #431 on: June 24, 2006, 08:26:45 PM »

Best site for online games IMO is Pogo.
http://tinyurl.com/k7ylw[/quote]
Me too!  I play there and read here at the same time... Do you go by Leslie on Pogo?  I'm Frijole7.[/quote]
No, that was taken!  I am Coldincanada6 and I play bridge. I usually play while I am reading here also. lol

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
Hotshot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #432 on: June 24, 2006, 08:29:07 PM »

"sandy leiva"  is this what you see?  The person is laying on the left side facing right.  hair crumbled up by the face.

Joran van der Sloot: One day, I will explain exactly what happened, but, right now, I don’t feel ready to do that.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #433 on: June 24, 2006, 08:31:29 PM »

spillway

n : a channel that carries excess water over or around a dam or other obstruction [syn: spill, wasteweir]

Spillway
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Spillway of Llyn Brianne dam in Wales
Enlarge
Spillway of Llyn Brianne dam in Wales

A Spillway is a structure used to provide for the controlled release of flood flows from a dam or levee into a downstream area, typically being the river that has been dammed. Floods are released by spillways so that the water does not overtop and damage, or even destroy, the dam by overflowing the structure. Except during flood periods, water does not normally flow over a spillway. In contrast, an "intake" is a structure used to release water on a regular basis for water supply, hydropower production, etc. Floodgates may be designed into spillways to regulate water flow and dam height.

A spillway is located at the top of the reservoir pool. Dams may also have bottom outlets with valves or gates which may be operated to release flood flow, and a few dams rely entirely on bottom outlets and lack an overflow spillway.

There are two types of spillways: uncontrolled and controlled.

Uncontrolled spillways do not have gates; when the water rises above the lip or "crest" of the spillway it begins to be released from the reservoir. The rate of discharge is controlled only by the depth of water within the reservoir. All of the storage volume in the reservoir above the spillway crest can be used only for the temporary storage of floodwater, and cannot be used as water supply storage because it is normally empty.

A controlled spillway has mechanical structures or "gates" to regulate the rate of flow. This design allows nearly the full height of the dam to be used for water storage year-around, and flood waters can be released as required by opening one or more gates.

Some spillways are designed like an inverted bell-mouth so that water can enter all around the perimeter (also termed a "morning-glory" design). In areas where the surface of the reservoir may freeze, bell-mouth spillways are normally fitted with some arrangements for breaking the ice to prevent the spillway from becoming ice-bound.

Hotshot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #434 on: June 24, 2006, 08:32:05 PM »

The "spillway" if thats what you call it does not have water in it, unless there is an abundance of water.  so the ag is not floating, it is laying on cement....The wind in the video is blowing it but not moving it, just the edges are blowing around.  IMO

Joran van der Sloot: One day, I will explain exactly what happened, but, right now, I don’t feel ready to do that.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #435 on: June 24, 2006, 08:32:10 PM »

That's what I see, Hotshot.

sandy leiva
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #436 on: June 24, 2006, 08:32:20 PM »

Sandy - yes, email me with your descriptions and I'll try to mark the photo.  You are talking about the center one right?

youve got mail;  hope it worked
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #437 on: June 24, 2006, 08:33:10 PM »

Quote from: "Hotshot"
The "spillway" if thats what you call it does not have water in it, unless there is an abundance of water.  so the ag is not floating, it is laying on cement....The wind in the video is blowing it but not moving it, just the edges are blowing around.  IMO

Right, the edges of the plastic bag are moving.  Do you think it's possible for a body to be in that bag?
Hotshot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #438 on: June 24, 2006, 08:33:55 PM »

youve got mail;  hope it worked

Go look at the bottom of page 29 please!  I posted it.

sandy leiva
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #439 on: June 24, 2006, 08:33:59 PM »

Quote from: "Hotshot"
"sandy leiva"  is this what you see?  The person is laying on the left side facing right.  hair crumbled up by the face.

yes yes yes i emailed klass with it too but your pic is neater than mine
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.