May 05, 2024, 03:42:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony, 2, FL Missing since June 16-just reported by mother #54  (Read 314227 times)
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #900 on: November 06, 2008, 01:45:28 AM »

Marymary- the BP person I knew dated a co-worker and trespassed into a dangerous place at night.  When she discovered she was pregnant, lo and behold, he had three other children and a recent baby with someone else.  Surprise, Surprise!  Seems he didn't like to take his meds and his parents stepped up to help her out with support for yet another grandchild.  I felt somewhat sorry for them.

Advice, never get on their bad side!!!  And if they happen to be intelligent too, take the highway.   
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #901 on: November 06, 2008, 01:45:35 AM »

A little about Bi Polar disorder.  No I'm not referring to myself.  But, I did have a close relative with this.  Luckily, she didn't really hurt anyone physically.  But oh what a nightmare she could create and I mean from day one!!  They seem to have no boundaries, it's all about them.  Very close to Borderline Personality Disorder, but a little less deliberate.  People can have dual diagnosis or more. 

I know 3 people with bipolar disorder, only one has tried to physically harm anyone and she acts completely insane, thinks the FBI is protecting her, has bodyguards on her all the time, is obsessed with Elvis being alive, just crazy stuff constantly. 
The second one stays on the severely depressed more than anything, wouldn't harm a flea and doesn't act goofy at all.  The third one has abnormal thinking also but it's more along the lines of prefers to live on the streets, in homeless shelters, with 30 cents in his pocket when he doesn't have to. 
Makes you wonder just how wide that bipolar dianosis is.

The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie.
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

Boycott ALL the Scamthonys THEY are ALL LIARS.

« Reply #902 on: November 06, 2008, 01:46:28 AM »

http://www.xavieramador.com/books/break-the-bipolar-cycle/

His book:

Break the Bipolar Cycle

Break the Bipolar Cycle
This is a symptom-specific guide to help you or your loved ones deal with bipolar disorder. People suffering from bipolar disorder may have difficulty differentiating the vicious ups and downs of their bipolar cycle from the stress and strain of everyday life. This unique guide will help you to identify, isolate, and address these symptoms individually and prescribe appropriate actions for each situation.

Book Excerpts
      Reviews
      Order Now!

Excerpts From The Book
Table of Contents

Part 1 The Big Questions
1. How Do Know That I Have a Bipolar Spectrum Disorder?
Understanding the Diagnosis
2. Is It Really BSD?
Common Diagnostic Dilemmas
3. If I’m Taking My Medication, Why Do I Feel Bad Again?
The Importance of Ongoing Assessment of Symptoms
4. What Exactly Is Going On?
Some Background on the Neurobiology of Bipolar Disorder
5. Do I Have to Take My Meds?
The Role of Medications in Managing BSD

Part 2 Problems and Solutions
6. I Just Don’t Feel Like It
The Effects of BSD on Motivation
7. I Just Want Things to Go Back to the Way They Were
The Effects of BSD on Your Motivation to Recover
8. I Don’t Know Where to Begin
Setting Goals with BSD
9. My Mood Affects Everything I Do
How Mood Regulation Affects Your Functioning
10. I Thought I Was Smart, but I Just Can’t Perform
The Role of Information-Processing Problems
11. Just When I Felt OK, I Got Sick Again
The Dangers of Relapse
About the Book

Part I provides you with up-to-date information on BSD. The chapters show you how to find yourself in the diagnostic criteria and share the latest information on the neurobiology of BSD and on the currently available medical treatments.

Part 2 addresses the effects of BSD on your life. The chapters illustrate the specific ways in which problems in information processing and mood regulation affect your ability to get started and stay focused, to feel comfortable around people, and to stay well. We provide tools you can use to counter these problems.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #903 on: November 06, 2008, 01:46:29 AM »

Mammy-Wow!  I feel sorry for you.  This must happen way more than my naive mind thinks or maybe I just have a small world.

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

« Reply #904 on: November 06, 2008, 01:47:57 AM »

Previously, Dr. Amador was a professor in the Department of Psychiatry at Columbia University, College of Physicians & Surgeons; on the Board of Directors of the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (NAMI); Director of Research at NAMI; and the Director of Psychology at the New York State Psychiatric Institute.

In addition to his books Dr. Amador has published over 100 peer-reviewed scientific papers, and many other publications that have been translated into more than 20 languages.

Dr. Amador was co-chair of the last text revision of the Schizophrenia and related disorders section of the DSM IV-TR (often referred to as the “Psychiatrists’ Bible”).
Press
Yes, really! Emerge from a fight more in love - Today Show
How To Emerge From A Fight More In Love - Cosmo
Making a Difference, Making a LEAP of the Heart - NAMI Advocate
Accused Tantalus killer called unfit by attorney - Star Bulletin
Mau-Goffredo unfit for trial - The Honolulu Advertiser
The plea the system ignored - Monterey County Herald
There “they” go again!
Being single in a couples’ world - Calgary Herald
The Biology of Denial: Not Unwilling to See - Just Unable - Attention
La Biologia de la Negacion: No es que no quiera ver - Es que no puede - Attention, August 2008
Lidiando con la Negacion: Atraviese la negacion, rodeela, pasele pour encima y por debajo usando estrategias para lidiar con los sintomas del TDA/H de un ser querido - Attention, October
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #905 on: November 06, 2008, 01:48:44 AM »

Sorry to all the posters that responded to me who I didn't respond to.  My computer kept shutting down, so I went to the store to buy snacks.  Sure hope someone noticed I didn't respond.   

You were gone???? Just kidding - I was worried sick!  Did you see my post - my husband will be going to the search - to hold my hand!!  I am going to suck it up, go and search!! I pray Caylee is found and I pray by somebody else!!

Mytime-that's exactly why I'll be praying for you all, for whoever actually finds Caylee.  No human being should ever have to experience that.  Just keep Caylee's pic in your mind's eye-you can do it!

I once found a dead body!!  OMG - but I am praying that Caylee was put in something, so.  Plus I dont think the team leader will allow you to go near anything suspicious.  This is making me feel calmer about searching. 

I found a body once, MT.  I thought that I could handle anything until that day.

I will pray for all of you.

I think you both need a (((hug)))

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #906 on: November 06, 2008, 01:50:06 AM »

Mytime-Wow!  I'm sorry you had that happen.  Things were amiss this week with my elderly neighbor (another neighbor reported it) and I had to get a key to open the door.  I was so afraid I'd find her dead.  Just a mistake though, she was alright, but it really scared me.  I can't imagine actually finding someone.  You are very brae and compassionate.

My mother was very ill and when she didn't answer her phone, I would call her neighbor and friend.  Twice she found her near death on the floor.  I cant tell you how much I love this woman!  I only lived 15 minutes away but her friend insisted that I was to call her first.  Thank God for people like her and you!! 
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #907 on: November 06, 2008, 01:51:17 AM »

Well, need to call it a night (many, many typos here).  Having company in a few hours and need some sleep.  Thanks for the company and the good convo.  Take good care everyone!

Forecast for the Day:
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #908 on: November 06, 2008, 01:51:37 AM »

Previously, Dr. Amador was a professor in the Department of Psychiatry at Columbia University, College of Physicians & Surgeons; on the Board of Directors of the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (NAMI); Director of Research at NAMI; and the Director of Psychology at the New York State Psychiatric Institute.

In addition to his books Dr. Amador has published over 100 peer-reviewed scientific papers, and many other publications that have been translated into more than 20 languages.

Dr. Amador was co-chair of the last text revision of the Schizophrenia and related disorders section of the DSM IV-TR (often referred to as the “Psychiatrists’ Bible”).
Press
Yes, really! Emerge from a fight more in love - Today Show
How To Emerge From A Fight More In Love - Cosmo
Making a Difference, Making a LEAP of the Heart - NAMI Advocate
Accused Tantalus killer called unfit by attorney - Star Bulletin
Mau-Goffredo unfit for trial - The Honolulu Advertiser
The plea the system ignored - Monterey County Herald
There “they” go again!
Being single in a couples’ world - Calgary Herald
The Biology of Denial: Not Unwilling to See - Just Unable - Attention
La Biologia de la Negacion: No es que no quiera ver - Es que no puede - Attention, August 2008
Lidiando con la Negacion: Atraviese la negacion, rodeela, pasele pour encima y por debajo usando estrategias para lidiar con los sintomas del TDA/H de un ser querido - Attention, October

Good info. Out4Bull!! Thanks
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

« Reply #909 on: November 06, 2008, 01:51:58 AM »

http://www.psychlaws.org/GeneralResources/article55.htm

Xavier Amador, Ph.D.: "People will come up with illogical and even bizarre explanations for symptoms and life circumstances stemming from their illness."

Anosognosia, meaning "unawareness of illness," is a syndrome commonly seen in people with serious mental illness and some neurological disorders, according to Xavier Amador, Ph.D., who spoke at the 2001 convention of the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill in Washington, D.C., in July.

People with this syndrome do not believe they are ill despite evidence to the contrary, said Amador, who is director of psychology at the New York State Psychiatric Institute and professor of psychology in the department of psychiatry at Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons.

"People will come up with illogical and even bizarre explanations for symptoms and life circumstances stemming from their illness," he said, "along with a compulsion to prove to others that they are not ill, despite negative consequences associated with doing so."

Take Theodore Kaczynski, for example. Kaczynski, otherwise known as the unabomber, rejected claims that he was mentally ill even though it could have cost him his life.

At one point during his 1997 trial, Amador explained, Kaczynski, who stood accused of killing three people and injuring 23 with his homemade bombs, refused to be examined by state psychiatric experts. Although a mental illness defense was his only hope of escaping a first-degree murder conviction and a possible death sentence, he blocked his attorneys from using the insanity defense.

Amador, who served as an independent expert for the court, reviewed Kaczyinski's extensive psychiatric records, neuropsychological test results, and the infamous unabomber diaries. Amador then supplied the court with mounting evidence that Kaczynski's refusal to be evaluated related to anosognosia, a manifestation of Kaczynski's schizophrenia.

Amador's quest to understand the basis of this syndrome lies a little closer to home.

It was his experience as a clinician and as a brother of someone with schizophrenia, Amador said, that led him to do research on anosognosia, "which is not to be confused with denial," he emphasized, although in the beginning, he did not make that distinction.

"That's what I called it when my brother refused to take his medications, and that is what I called it when after his third hospitalization, I found his Haldol in the trashcan," said Amador.

"This is someone who taught me to throw a baseball and ride a bicycle. I really looked up to him and was appalled by what I thought was his immaturity, stubbornness, and defensiveness."

But research points to a much more complex problem.

Intrigued by a 1986 study by William H. Wilson, M.D., and colleagues that found that 89 percent of patients with schizophrenia denied having an illness, Amador conducted his own investigation of the issue.

Amador and his colleagues found in a 1994 study that nearly 60 percent of a sample of 221 patients with schizophrenia did not believe they were ill.

A Frustrating Existence

Amador also described what it is like to work with someone who has anosognosia. One patient encountered by Amador had a lesion on the frontal lobe of his brain. He was unaware that he was paralyzed on his left side or that he had problems writing. When asked to draw a clock, the patient thought he did fine, Amador recalled.

However, when Amador pointed out to the patient that the numbers were outside of the circle, the patient became upset. "The more I talked to him [about the drawing], the more flustered he got. . . . Then he got angry and pushed the paper away, saying 'it's not mine-it's not my drawing.' "

Amador finds the same reaction appears when he talks to people with severe mental illness, which sometimes involves similar frontal lobe deficits. "Instead of being an ally, I end up being an adversary," he said.

Building Trust

Amador urged family members and mental health professionals at the NAMI meeting to understand that collaboration with treatment by someone who has a severe mental illness and anosognosia is a goal, not a given.

"Don't expect them to comply with any treatment plan, because they don't believe they are ill," noted Amador.

It is important instead to develop a partnership with the patient around those things that can be agreed upon.

Amador said that family members and clinicians should first listen to the patient's fears, such as being placed in the hospital against his or her will.

Empathy with the patient's frustrations and even delusional beliefs is also important, remarked Amador, who said that the phrase "I understand how you feel" can make a world of difference.

The most difficult thing for family members to do in building a trusting relationship, he said, is to restrict discussion to the problems that the person with mental illness perceives as problems. "You might see the hallucinations or delusions as the big problem," said Amador. "Your loved one, however, may be complaining about not getting to sleep at night. That is the problem you should be discussing."

Perhaps a patient will only take his or her medications to get family members and clinicians to quit bothering them, and this is sometimes enough, Amador said. "You have to find out what motivates them to take their medications, then reflect that reason back and highlight the perceived benefits."

Amador wrote about getting people with serious mental illness to accept treatment in a book he coauthored with Anna-Lisa Johanson (see story on page 13) titled, I am Not Sick, I Don't Need Help: A Practical Guide for Families and Therapists, published in 2000 by Vida Press. It can be purchased online at www.vidapress.com/INSIDNH-Main.htm for $15.95. Ten percent of all proceeds go to NAMI, the National Alliance for Research on Schizophrenia and Depression, the National Depressive and Manic-Depressive Association, and a fund set up by David Kaczynski, brother of Theodore, to help the victims of the unabomber.

Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #910 on: November 06, 2008, 01:52:38 AM »

Well, need to call it a night (many, many typos here).  Having company in a few hours and need some sleep.  Thanks for the company and the good convo.  Take good care everyone!

G'Night ISpy 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #911 on: November 06, 2008, 01:53:03 AM »

Hey monkeys.  Look at what I found.  Think this may be our "expert" the defense attorney would like to evaluate Casey.  Interestingly enough, he wrote a book on BiPolar.
Dr. Xavier Amador http://www.xavieramador.com/biography/
Bio

Dr. Xavier AmadorDr. Amador is an internationally sought-after speaker, clinical psychologist, professor at Columbia University, Teachers College, in New York City, and author of eight books including the national best seller “I’m Not Sick, I Don’t Need Help!”

Dr. Amador’s expertise has made him a regular contributor to the Today Show and a featured guest on ABC Good Morning America, Prime Time Live, CBS This Morning, NBC Nightly News, 60 Minutes, CNN, Dateline, ABC’s World News Tonight, Fox News, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today and many others.

Dr. Amador has been a consultant to numerous companies and government agencies including the National Institute of Health.

His forensic cases include the Unabomber, PFC Lynndie England, Elizabeth Smart Kidnapping, and Zacarias Moussaoui trials. Dr. Amador has over 25 years experience working with adults, families, and couples. He lives in New York.

NEW 2008 RELEASE!

Nice find.  Wonder if he would consider analyzing Casey? 
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #912 on: November 06, 2008, 01:53:10 AM »

Goodnight Ispy always enjoy your company..
mammy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #913 on: November 06, 2008, 01:54:50 AM »

Mammy-Wow!  I feel sorry for you.  This must happen way more than my naive mind thinks or maybe I just have a small world.

Thank you.  It's something you don't forget.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #914 on: November 06, 2008, 01:57:12 AM »

Thanks, Mytime!  The way I see it we all have to look out for each other and if the Lord is willing, I may be older someday and need a helping hand.  This is the same neighbor who let me use her phone after my toddler accidentally locked me out on my deck in the rain (toddler screaming hysterically, too little to understand how to unlock the door; me-keyless on the deck unable to calm her).  My wise neighbor calmed me down while I frantically called my spouse at work...longest 15-20 minutes of my life!

Goodnight all!  Have a good one! Keep finding those clues and putting the pressure on-this thing's going to blow!

Forecast for the Day:
marymary
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #915 on: November 06, 2008, 01:57:34 AM »

A little about Bi Polar disorder.  No I'm not referring to myself.  But, I did have a close relative with this.  Luckily, she didn't really hurt anyone physically.  But oh what a nightmare she could create and I mean from day one!!  They seem to have no boundaries, it's all about them.  Very close to Borderline Personality Disorder, but a little less deliberate.  People can have dual diagnosis or more. 

I know 3 people with bipolar disorder, only one has tried to physically harm anyone and she acts completely insane, thinks the FBI is protecting her, has bodyguards on her all the time, is obsessed with Elvis being alive, just crazy stuff constantly. 
The second one stays on the severely depressed more than anything, wouldn't harm a flea and doesn't act goofy at all.  The third one has abnormal thinking also but it's more along the lines of prefers to live on the streets, in homeless shelters, with 30 cents in his pocket when he doesn't have to. 

Elvis is dead? 
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #916 on: November 06, 2008, 01:57:41 AM »

Thank you.  It's something you don't forget.

No, NEVER!! 

Good night - ISPY.  Always happy to see you pop in!!
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #917 on: November 06, 2008, 01:58:14 AM »

Elvis is dead? 

mammy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #918 on: November 06, 2008, 01:58:29 AM »

Goodnight Ispy!
Bud's Girl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #919 on: November 06, 2008, 02:02:23 AM »

Elvis is dead? 

According to her, he lives in a house in Sweden that is a duplicate of Graceland, behind the real Lisa Marie who was taken to Sweden shortly after his death and left there with another family, and the Lisa Marie we know here in the U.S. has stolen the real Lisa Marie's identify, not to mention fortune.  But she's going to straighten it all out, she's been working with the FBI on it since about 1998.

So does Casey seem insane to you ?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.