May 17, 2024, 09:51:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #647 6/25 - 6/26/2007  (Read 164945 times)
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #180 on: June 25, 2007, 10:45:44 PM »

If someone visiting Aruba calls a credit card company and blocks a charge like that, they better be on the plane heading back to the US, if not safely home already. Do that over there and ALE and MEP and AHATA will be accusing YOU of fraud and the goon squad will come for you at your hotel. You can mark that down.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #181 on: June 25, 2007, 10:46:54 PM »

Quote from: "San"
Quote from: "oldfart"
Quote from: "Whodunit?"
My next door neighbors are going to Aruba in the fall with another couple.  Thank God they are not taking the kids.  I must have come accross pretty strong the day she first told me because she doesn't mention it anymore.

She said her travel agent recommended it because it's really affordable now.  GEEZ, I WONDER WHY????????

UGH, disgusted with Aruba and the whole Lorenzo stuff.

Who

Whodunit
I sure wish there was a way your neighbor could talk with San's friend
Oh SAN.... any chance of your friend attempting to post something on one the Aruba Tavel boards... You know where they trips are reported as being sooooo Wonderful ?  
just wondering

OF my friend wouldn't do that.  She is not good with the computer that way.  I did ask her to type out what happened and she said she would send it to me.  What I typed was a little summary of our conversation.

SAN
It was just a thought.... do you think they would talk with Who's neighbor ??

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Whodunit?
Scared Monkey

« Reply #182 on: June 25, 2007, 10:48:02 PM »

Did they ever find that girl, the teacher, in Georgia?  I never did hear.......

No they did not.

I also think that her boyfriend killed her.

Tara Grinstead.  That's awful.  In what percentage of murdered/missing women does it turn out that a spouse or bf did it?  Just curious.........

“We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now.” ~MLK, Jr.
Whodunit?
Scared Monkey

« Reply #183 on: June 25, 2007, 10:49:18 PM »

My next door neighbors are going to Aruba in the fall with another couple.  Thank God they are not taking the kids.  I must have come accross pretty strong the day she first told me because she doesn't mention it anymore.

She said her travel agent recommended it because it's really affordable now.  GEEZ, I WONDER WHY????????

Who

Whodunit
Oh SAN.... any chance of your friend attempting to post something on one the Aruba Tavel boards... You know where they trips are reported as being sooooo Wonderful ?  
just wondering

OF my friend wouldn't do that.  She is not good with the computer that way.  I did ask her to type out what happened and she said she would send it to me.  What I typed was a little summary of our conversation.

SAN

My neighbor is shy and she wouldn't do that.  Besides, she has already paid in full and is SUPER excited about the trip.  Her agent sold it to her as a no-worries trip.  WTFever.

Who

“We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now.” ~MLK, Jr.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #184 on: June 25, 2007, 10:49:32 PM »

Who

Whodunit
just wondering

SAN

Probably not.  If they have any questions I would be more than happy to ask her for them.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #185 on: June 25, 2007, 10:49:33 PM »

Quote from: "sb"
If someone visiting Aruba calls a credit card company and blocks a charge like that, they better be on the plane heading back to the US, if not safely home already. Do that over there and ALE and MEP and AHATA will be accusing YOU of fraud and the goon squad will come for you at your hotel. You can mark that down.

I am sure you are right, SB.  I have always wondered if Beth had reported Natalee stiffed the hotel for her room charges or something like that, ALE might have started looking for her much sooner!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #186 on: June 25, 2007, 10:53:01 PM »

No they did not.

Tara Grinstead.  That's awful.  In what percentage of murdered/missing women does it turn out that a spouse or bf did it?  Just curious.........

I don't know the percentage but it seems just about ALL of them!

And wasn't this BF also a cop???

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #187 on: June 25, 2007, 10:53:28 PM »

Greta just said that the case of the wrestler is being investigated as a murder/suicide.
Whodunit?
Scared Monkey

« Reply #188 on: June 25, 2007, 10:54:57 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"

No they did not.

Yep, Scary, huh?

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #189 on: June 25, 2007, 10:56:04 PM »

Here is a good photo of the girl missing in AZ.  At least I hope we need a photo.   Sad   Says blood in the house so I doubt it.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286616,00.html

PERSONA NON GRATA

sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #190 on: June 25, 2007, 10:57:06 PM »

Anna, there is NO DOUBT that they would say you are trying to get out from under the bill. When you are on THEIR TURF you are at their mercy. You better go ahead and sign that voucher or YOU will be seeing KIA from the inside. Those hotel and restaurant people know that too.

When you get home, THEN you can call the credit card company and explain the situation. I had an attempted ID theft once with a eBay-PayPal scam (probably the most common scam going right now) and when I called my CC company, they froze that card and set me up with a new # immediately, NO questions asked. They will bend over backwards to protect you and they never think that you're the culprit... they know how epidemic this stuff is and they know in the long run it hurts THEM too.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #191 on: June 25, 2007, 10:57:28 PM »

Rolling Eyes  

Has anyone other than me ... been thinking/typing away at a post...
and the Smoke Alarm  starts screaming away   Shocked  Shocked  Confused  
I know I got the oven pre-heating  but... but..

Get to the kitchen   no flames....Fan the alarm, fan it more, pull the battery out..
check the oven..
Yup left a pan in it with some drippings in it  Embarassed

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
Whodunit?
Scared Monkey

« Reply #192 on: June 25, 2007, 10:59:23 PM »

I just am having a hard time coming to terms that maybe the rumors that came here from Arubagirl way back in the day were possibly (likely?) a lot of truth.  That Natalee was being held at his house?  That she feared they'd kill her due to all of the attention they were drawing? I know we'll never know, but I would love to know if Natalee was alive when her mother arrived on Aruba.  If she had been taken all over town in a car chase.  Of the truth about all the raves and parties..........

This Lorenzo brings up such bad feelings in the pit of my stomach.

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #193 on: June 25, 2007, 10:59:55 PM »

Quote from: "sb"
I am just BESIDE myself tonight seeing this story about the girl in AZ. It is like one or more of these happen every day. The fact is that the Internet makes it possible to find out about them and so we see the real magnitude of this nightmare.

A YOUNG LADY SHOULD NOT BE AT HOME ALONE. Period. I realize it's not always possible to avoid that situation but it BETTER not be for long. Kaitlin Aydell... same thing.

These creeps are on the prowl looking for girls sitting around the house with no one else around, and invading the home and snatching them. And the victims almost NEVER survive.

SB Amber had graduated from High School.  When they go to college at 17 or 18 they are alone.  I don't think the parents made an unreasonable decision here. It is frightening, and it looks like her home was some distance from other homes.  It appeared to be a double wide type trailer, or perhaps a prefab home on a large rural lot.  Her mother said she had lots of friends, she probably expected her friends to spend time with her.  

When you have young women you want to hold them close for ever, I know.  But they have to become independent and what is a safer venue than their own home? It is just too sad.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #194 on: June 25, 2007, 11:00:53 PM »

tara grinstead... no they didn't

great to see you who, btw!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Whodunit?
Scared Monkey

« Reply #195 on: June 25, 2007, 11:01:59 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"

tara grinstead... no they didn't

great to see you who, btw!

Thanks, Mrs.  You know a sighting of Lorenzo would fish me out of the murky waters!  Now, where is that clog-clad donkey??????????

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #196 on: June 25, 2007, 11:02:34 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"

No they did not.

he was, I think... at this point I think it's an epidemic...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #197 on: June 25, 2007, 11:03:27 PM »

Rolling Eyes  

Has anyone other than me ... been thinking/typing away at a post...
and the Smoke Alarm  starts screaming away   Shocked  Shocked  Confused  
I know I got the oven pre-heating  but... but..

Get to the kitchen   no flames....Fan the alarm, fan it more, pull the battery out..
check the oven..
Yup left a pan in it with some drippings in it  Embarassed

Old fart the oven is not the place for hiding dirty dishes or pans. Laughing  Laughing

Just a swinging with the tribe
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #198 on: June 25, 2007, 11:04:13 PM »

KLAAS or ******* or Anyone Who Can,

Will you see if you can post the photo of the tourist beaten up by ALE on Page 25 of the Murder and Crime Thread from the article MsMarple posted today?

I want to catch it before they take it down at the paper website.

TIA!

PERSONA NON GRATA

AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #199 on: June 25, 2007, 11:04:19 PM »

klaasend

Maybe this one...

Does it look like the van guy has  wire rim / arm style glasses on ?

And do me a favor ....
Just back away from you monitor 6+ ft  and see it it changes for you

Just wondering

Well, the guy on the right is a lot uglier.

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.