May 21, 2024, 08:01:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #511 8/12 - 8/14/2006  (Read 173141 times)
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #600 on: August 14, 2006, 06:30:34 PM »

Quote from: "flyingmermaid"
Quote from: "Tylergal"
And Third Strike, I did not say I wanted Greta kidnapped.  Please read.  Seriously I said two were captured.  Jokingly I said that about Greta.  If we have gotten so serious on this board that we cannot tell a joke from something serious, I guess we need to stop all personal talk and just stick to linking to statements.

I was the one who said it wasn't funny Tyler - I have a stepson in the Marines in Iraq and my heart skips a beat everyt time I see any capture.

Hope you understand - but those fox reporters have families just like Natalee.

Did you see anywhere that I said it was funny that they were captured?  If you did, I will eat everything you cook in one meal.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #601 on: August 14, 2006, 06:31:37 PM »

Quote from: "KatzHome"
Oh geez ~ for crying out loud...

I've really gotten sick and tired of the fights....

There's no fighting going on Katz.  I was just simply stating my opinion, and I'm sure Anna was stating hers as well.  Friendly debate really...Wink
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #602 on: August 14, 2006, 06:33:25 PM »

And Third Strike, I did not say I wanted Greta kidnapped.  Please read.  Seriously I said two were captured.  Jokingly I said that about Greta.  If we have gotten so serious on this board that we cannot tell a joke from something serious, I guess we need to stop all personal talk and just stick to linking to statements.

I was the one who said it wasn't funny Tyler - I have a stepson in the Marines in Iraq and my heart skips a beat everyt time I see any capture.

First of all you have misrepresented what I said, but unlike me you HAVE NEVER HAD A SON OR A HUSBAND IN THE SERVICE, so you really do not know what it means.  Yes, I had a son in the Gulf War and a husband in Vietnam, and I never said it was funny that anyone was captured.  IF I did, show it to me.  You cannot, because I did not say that.  Now, I am through with this.  So many things said here are taken out of context by people who come here to talk about anything but Natalee, and who look for things to misrepresent.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #603 on: August 14, 2006, 06:36:08 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"

Well, I have never seen Tyler complain but yes, taste is subjective.  Off topic offends me as I think it is taking the focus off Natalee and the reason we are here.  So if we are going to post in such a manner as not to offend anybody, then I don't want anyone to take the subject off topic because that is not the reason we are here.  It offends me when people try to turn a discussion about her into one about themselves or their hobbies or other subjects.

That's the rub with not offending anybody.  Someone is sure to be offended by just about anything.  So you are correct, we have to hold everybody to the same standard and to me implying we all came here to discuss one person's interests is offensive.

I know I didn't.  I'm here only because of Natalee so guess we have to stay strictly on topic so as not to imply we are more important than she is or our concerns outweigh the purpose of the forum.  It's not anybody's personal chat room.  I find it offensive when someone treats it as though it is.

Anna, I know we've been over this before (quite a few times, actually).  And, I think you already know we have a difference in philosophy here.  

Your input is appreciated, however...
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #604 on: August 14, 2006, 06:36:33 PM »

Yes, many days it is difficult to post much of anything without being attacked by someone or other.  But those that do this should be prepared to refrain from offending others as well if they expect not to be offended in the first place.  That only seems rational.

Maybe by staying strictly on topic and not making ANY personal remarks we can eliminate the cause of so much offense.

Oh, and no joking about ANYTHING, right?  That's all I'm saying is that what does offend one doesn't another but something else will.  Always heard you can't please everybody.   Rolling Eyes

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #605 on: August 14, 2006, 06:36:36 PM »

Quote from: "JA"
I vaguely remember at one time someone saying that someone else had a pic of Natalee for the Tickle site and was using her picture.  It wasn't Natalee and therefore might be the possiblity that Fishy did not know Nat.  Anyone cane make up those accounts.  I could be wrong but I remember it being discussed once.

I've noticed several Aruban tickle site that are linked to that NH tickle site.  I don't know if it's by accident or if they genuinely care and are sympathetic.
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #606 on: August 14, 2006, 06:40:05 PM »

First of all you have misrepresented what I said, but unlike me you HAVE NEVER HAD A SON OR A HUSBAND IN THE SERVICE, so you really do not know what it means.  Yes, I had a son in the Gulf War and a husband in Vietnam, and I never said it was funny that anyone was captured.  IF I did, show it to me.  You cannot, because I did not say that.  Now, I am through with this.  So many things said here are taken out of context by people who come here to talk about anything but Natalee, and who look for things to misrepresent.

Tyler...it's all good with me.  You have to look at it from another angle though...wouldn't it concern you if someone else had said that it was "unfortunate" that Greta wasn't among the Fox News journalists kidnapped earlier today?  Just trying to get you to see it from a different perspective is all...
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #607 on: August 14, 2006, 06:40:52 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
[I've noticed several Aruban tickle site that are linked to that NH tickle site.  I don't know if it's by accident or if they genuinely care and are sympathetic.

I wonder if they consider her disappearance just a big mystery.  Like I think it was Arlene who said Natalee just disappeared.  No one just disappears.   Rolling Eyes Or they think Joran left her just fine on the beach as he says and some one else came along. . . .

But at least it is far far better than saying nasty things about her as Dompig and others are prone to do.  And it might cause someone in Aruba to go to that NH site and actually read and think about it and they might just know something and be more inclined to share it.  I think it is probably a good will gesture no matter what their motive.

Might help/

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #608 on: August 14, 2006, 06:41:43 PM »

I try to stay out of these conversations regarding what offends people but I'll tell you what comes mind.  Sticks and stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me.  

I've got pretty thick skin and not much offends me.  Most of what is said that offends people here is either said because frustration and anger for what the family has gone through, or in jest.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #609 on: August 14, 2006, 06:45:30 PM »

Hey Klaas-

we have an old southern saying, one person's junk may be another person's treasure, that's why I never feel the need to say I'm not a fan of Prince  Wink  Laughing

I really like that young James Blunt though, son introduced me to him.

I'm still reading and good to see everyone here, I can use a distraction and still have lots to digest from those statements!

I continue to stand with the girl.
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #610 on: August 14, 2006, 06:45:42 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Yes, many days it is difficult to post much of anything without being attacked by someone or other.  But those that do this should be prepared to refrain from offending others as well if they expect not to be offended in the first place.  That only seems rational.

Maybe by staying strictly on topic and not making ANY personal remarks we can eliminate the cause of so much offense.

Oh, and no joking about ANYTHING, right?  That's all I'm saying is that what does offend one doesn't another but something else will.  Always heard you can't please everybody.   Rolling Eyes

Anna, I'll just say this, and leave it alone.  I will do my very best to consider the sensitivity of others in my postings.  I think everyone is owed the courtesy of at least that much.  But, if you are asking me to withdraw any personal emotions while posting on this site, I regrettably and unfortunately can't agree to that.  It would compromise the integrity of those relationships I have formed by way of social interaction...

Thanks you for understanding.
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #611 on: August 14, 2006, 06:46:32 PM »

Klaas:  Will there be anymore transcripts forthcoming?

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #612 on: August 14, 2006, 06:46:33 PM »

I try to stay out of these conversations regarding what offends people but I'll tell you what comes mind.  Sticks and stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me.  

I've got pretty thick skin and not much offends me.  Most of what is said that offends people here is either said because frustration and anger for what the family has gone through, or in jest.

I find it offensive when someone tells me they were offended by something.

Wink
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #613 on: August 14, 2006, 06:47:05 PM »

Quote from: "nonesuche"
Hey Klaas-

we have an old southern saying, one person's junk may be another person's treasure, that's why I never feel the need to say I'm not a fan of Prince  Wink  Laughing

I really like that young James Blunt though, son introduced me to him.

I'm still reading and good to see everyone here, I can use a distraction and still have lots to digest from those statements!

Hi Nonesuche - I've identified a couple more people mentioned in the statements so check out the Dossier thread at the bottom of that forum.
thirdstrike
Monkey Junky

« Reply #614 on: August 14, 2006, 06:47:52 PM »

Quote from: "blah"

I find it offensive when someone tells me they were offended by something.

Wink

I think I'm offended by this... Shocked
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #615 on: August 14, 2006, 06:48:22 PM »

Hey back Klass!

Can't wait to review it, glad to see Easy and Justins got the auction prize too!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #616 on: August 14, 2006, 06:49:01 PM »

Quote from: "Leslie"

Yes, I believe so but I'm not sure when.
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #617 on: August 14, 2006, 06:49:23 PM »

transcripts are offensive and must be stopped immediatly.  Thank you for your support.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #618 on: August 14, 2006, 06:49:30 PM »

oh Third,

you have to be joking for blah is one of our best jokers on the lively  Laughing

dry wit, I do like that dry wit blah  Wink

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #619 on: August 14, 2006, 06:49:58 PM »

Quote from: "blah"

transcripts are offensive and must be stopped immediatly.  Thank you for your support.

case in point  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.