May 07, 2024, 09:50:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Somer Renee Thompson #2 10/29/09 - 4/26/10  (Read 728287 times)
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #160 on: October 30, 2009, 03:04:23 PM »

Welcome to all new monkeys     One thing that has not set well with me and frankly it is none of my business, but to exclude Somer's father from the obituary, shows extremely poor taste. I could care less what mom thinks of dad, don't care, that was Somer's daddy like him or not. Somer I am sure loved him, and that is what mattered, not some sour grapes type of bs. IMO

I agree! in fact, were any of Somer's family mentioned on the father's side of the family? grand parents? for sure Dad should have his name in the obit...he is her father...wonder if father could have the obit reprinted with his name on it? it should not be just up to the mom who is listed as survivors imo...
I was also just reading on WS, that the police called the dad to tell him Somer was missing, the mom didn't even do that, has anyone else heard or read that? Wrong, just wrong, I don't believe anyone on Somer's father's side was mentioned, I will have to read that again. Just like they didn't exist.

I agree it's wrong but we don't know the circumstances.  He hadn't even seen her in 2 years.  Definitely a bitter relationship for whatever reason.
i agree 100%
and it seems that usually when a dad stops seeing a kid so does his family members by their choice
candycane
Scared Monkey

« Reply #161 on: October 30, 2009, 03:07:56 PM »

I feel if we look at the basics of Means, Motive and Opportunity I believe it's the Mother 1) Means =the ability  2) Motive = the reason 3) Opportunity = Location. I think she was angry that she had to go out looking for her... They ruled out the sex offenders very quicky. They seemed to know to look in the garbage. They know they are following the case close. They are not really warning the area that a predator is on the loose.  What they dont say -if it was a sex crime which would mean it's a man. That the family has been cleared. Not to mention all the interviews that the mother has made and the letter of thanks which was all very odd if you ask me.

I have read your posts several times now, do you think the mom did this? I have a feeling she has some thoughts about who may have, but I sure don't think she did this to her child. Could you explain this more, if you want?

Yes I think the Mom did it. The mom was in the area searching for her when she left work so that does give her location and no one would think it suspicious either since everyone knows she is looking. The Motive would be anger for running off like that and hiding or playing when you are supposed to come stright home. Mom said she raised them better then that. In the one video the of the mother were she is wearing the purple ribbon she was asked if she knew what the firght was about between the kids and she said she did not know. I think I would have asked my older daughter why she ran off right away that very first day.  In the same video when she was asked how the other kids were doing she got very emotional and could not talk. I think it shows the difference between the mothers fake and real emotions. Also in the same video she said they should pay for what they have done to her family.. Not pay for what you did to my child.
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #162 on: October 30, 2009, 03:09:43 PM »

I've immersed myself in the Elizabeth Olten case and haven't kept up with Somer's case.

Reading back, I'm so surprsied at the new insight into Somer's mom.  I haven't seen the vids but I will go and watch them, with the sound off as Wyks did.

One thing, though.  I do remember a quick look at Somer's mom's myspace page and noticed that she had a friend that was either a person or organization that was Pro-Marijuana.

Wouldn't she remove that from her myspace if she was planning something like this? 

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
penny for your thoughts
Monkey Junky

« Reply #163 on: October 30, 2009, 03:13:08 PM »

I feel if we look at the basics of Means, Motive and Opportunity I believe it's the Mother 1) Means =the ability  2) Motive = the reason 3) Opportunity = Location. I think she was angry that she had to go out looking for her... They ruled out the sex offenders very quicky. They seemed to know to look in the garbage. They know they are following the case close. They are not really warning the area that a predator is on the loose.  What they dont say -if it was a sex crime which would mean it's a man. That the family has been cleared. Not to mention all the interviews that the mother has made and the letter of thanks which was all very odd if you ask me.

-they stated as a protocol that the first thing they did was follow the garbage trail...
-i have my own intense theory as to why they think the perp is folllowing the case closely
-they did say that they have a child killer on the loose (which i was shocked that they would say due to risk of panic)
-sex crime does not mean a man at all there are plenty of sicko women like that dbag who hurt a child in a church with a   
 foreign instrument then put her in a suitcase and dumped her in a pond
-they usually don't clear the family right away but they did say it was a stranger abduction (IIRC)
-as far as her thanking the community i think it is because she is normally the loud take no crap don't nedd nothing fromnobody type... she did say that this was the first time she ever knew/felt what it meant to be part of a community... i think she is genuinely greatful
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #164 on: October 30, 2009, 03:14:33 PM »

Welcome to all new monkeys     One thing that has not set well with me and frankly it is none of my business, but to exclude Somer's father from the obituary, shows extremely poor taste. I could care less what mom thinks of dad, don't care, that was Somer's daddy like him or not. Somer I am sure loved him, and that is what mattered, not some sour grapes type of bs. IMO

Agree with you on this. I can't think of any reason to omit the ex on the obit save for being a pedofile or something of that nature. When my ex would pick up the kids he got as far as the front porch and that's it but I would never delete him from something like this. Out of respect for my child I would include him in whatever relating to the death and funeral of our child. Shows a side of the mother that is too cold........A lot of us on here know what it's like to have an ex behind on child support but that's no reason to act as if he doesn't exist........
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #165 on: October 30, 2009, 03:20:11 PM »

I have read your posts several times now, do you think the mom did this? I have a feeling she has some thoughts about who may have, but I sure don't think she did this to her child. Could you explain this more, if you want?

Yes I think the Mom did it. The mom was in the area searching for her when she left work so that does give her location and no one would think it suspicious either since everyone knows she is looking. The Motive would be anger for running off like that and hiding or playing when you are supposed to come stright home. Mom said she raised them better then that. In the one video the of the mother were she is wearing the purple ribbon she was asked if she knew what the firght was about between the kids and she said she did not know. I think I would have asked my older daughter why she ran off right away that very first day.  In the same video when she was asked how the other kids were doing she got very emotional and could not talk. I think it shows the difference between the mothers fake and real emotions. Also in the same video she said they should pay for what they have done to her family.. Not pay for what you did to my child.
Thank-you for answering, I thought that she was picking up the oldest child at the park? I would like to know more about him, but of course since he is only 13 or 14 I suppose we won't. I really don't know what to think, I sure don't think she killed her daughter, but I suppose if it would turn out that way I would be surprised, but certainly not shocked.
FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #166 on: October 30, 2009, 03:23:16 PM »

penny for your thoughts. I agree with your assessment about the mother. I don't believe she is involved in any way.

jill  Respectfully there are many people who believe in the legalization of marijuana that are not involved in smoking it or doing other drugs. I myself don't see that as a problem or something that the mother would or should care about in the grand scheme of things and under the circumstances. Respectfully IMO

A tribute to those who died at Fort Hood & all fallen soldiers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxJf9ZezTZE
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #167 on: October 30, 2009, 03:27:48 PM »

penny for your thoughts. I agree with your assessment about the mother. I don't believe she is involved in any way.

jill  Respectfully there are many people who believe in the legalization of marijuana that are not involved in smoking it or doing other drugs. I myself don't see that as a problem or something that the mother would or should care about in the grand scheme of things and under the circumstances. Respectfully IMO

Oh, I agree - if she was not involved.  I don't have a problem with that.

But it IS illegal, and if she had commited a major crime, I wonder why she wouldn't remove something that might make LE look at her more closely.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #168 on: October 30, 2009, 03:27:51 PM »

I am shocked that anyone would think the Mum did it. Or anyone in the family.
And the reasoning / logic is just not there to support such an outrageous opinion.

jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #169 on: October 30, 2009, 03:28:44 PM »

and to be clear, I absolutely do NOT see this mother involved in the death of Somer.

I don't think she had motive, means, nor opportunity.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #170 on: October 30, 2009, 03:30:59 PM »

Agree with you on this. I can't think of any reason to omit the ex on the obit save for being a pedofile or something of that nature. When my ex would pick up the kids he got as far as the front porch and that's it but I would never delete him from something like this. Out of respect for my child I would include him in whatever relating to the death and funeral of our child. Shows a side of the mother that is too cold........A lot of us on here know what it's like to have an ex behind on child support but that's no reason to act as if he doesn't exist........

If he was abusive to you or the kids - especially the kids - would you change your mind?

I also think it's sad that he wasn't included, but have no idea of their past circumstances.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #171 on: October 30, 2009, 03:32:16 PM »

I don't think Somer's mom did this either, just interesting to me, what others are saying about this here and other forums.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #172 on: October 30, 2009, 03:34:07 PM »

If he was abusive to you or the kids - especially the kids - would you change your mind?

I also think it's sad that he wasn't included, but have no idea of their past circumstances.
I have no ideas of there past circumstances what so ever, just think it would have been proper to have included him and his family since they are all related, and this being such a horrific situation, that is all I meant by this.
FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #173 on: October 30, 2009, 03:36:42 PM »

This statement from the sheriff is really grabing my attention. It sounds like they have a person of interest but they need more information to find the person or get a warrant etc..

"While case investigators have received a tremendous response from the public," Sheriff Beseler continues, "and hundreds of leads have been called in and followed to their logical conclusion, the investigators are requesting continued assistance from specific individuals in the community."

jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #174 on: October 30, 2009, 03:42:56 PM »

I don't think Somer's mom did this either, just interesting to me, what others are saying about this here and other forums.

yes, me too.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #175 on: October 30, 2009, 03:44:42 PM »

Candycane,  I think you are way off in suspecting the Mother, though you certainly have a right to your opinion.  Have you ever grieved for someone you are very close to?  The range of emotions, and medications they prescribe for you let you get through the day really impacts your emotions, communications, decision making, really just everything.  I think she was very articulate, I certainly do not see any indication that she is smirking, i think those are normal facial expressions for her. She was emotionally connected to her family, and was trying to give the information and interviews everyone was begging for.  She called her boyfriend, picked up her son to search.  Where are you seeing time and opportunity?  She had full support from LE and had someone with her constantly.  I am sure they would be looking for any signs of involvement by the Mom.  When she was speaking, i think she was about to say it could be a neighbor, and then realized she was surrounded by helpful neighbors helping her cope. JMO

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
jill
Monkey Junky

« Reply #176 on: October 30, 2009, 03:46:28 PM »

though I'm not as up on this case as so many others are, I got the feeling last week from what was being said by LE that the killer is a male.

When I realized last week that LE was operating as if this was a given, it made me wonder if there was evidence from Somer's body or evidence connected to Somer's body that indicated that the killer was a male, be it blood or other pointers that could help distinguish (quickly) male or female.

just my hunch.

ALWAYS protectkidz. 
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #177 on: October 30, 2009, 03:47:48 PM »

yes, me too.

I think it is really sad.  I think the woman has gone through enough with the loss of her daughter for people to try to manipulate, or read something into her manner of speaking. Who are we to judge her emotions in this awful case.  Clearly those near her, LE, friends, neighbors and the community think she is not involved, or they would not have rallied their support for her so readily. 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #178 on: October 30, 2009, 03:50:00 PM »

This statement from the sheriff is really grabing my attention. It sounds like they have a person of interest but they need more information to find the person or get a warrant etc..

"While case investigators have received a tremendous response from the public," Sheriff Beseler continues, "and hundreds of leads have been called in and followed to their logical conclusion, the investigators are requesting continued assistance from specific individuals in the community."
Very interesting wording
FindingAnswers
Scared Monkey

« Reply #179 on: October 30, 2009, 03:52:35 PM »

though I'm not as up on this case as so many others are, I got the feeling last week from what was being said by LE that the killer is a male.

When I realized last week that LE was operating as if this was a given, it made me wonder if there was evidence from Somer's body or evidence connected to Somer's body that indicated that the killer was a male, be it blood or other pointers that could help distinguish (quickly) male or female.

just my hunch.

jill the father let it slip out on the Nancy Grace show lastnight that LE had tissue under her nails and defensive wounds. I am sure they have other evidence possibly even semen. They just need someone to match it to that is not in their database yet. IMO I do believe it is a male and a sex crime and murder.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.