May 01, 2024, 08:33:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD # 6  (Read 549642 times)
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #660 on: October 10, 2009, 09:31:54 PM »

Hi Monkeys - am I late for the reunion?  I hope not - I made some candy corn, licorice nip, M&M, and dry roasted peanut mix.  I am drinking a glass of wine and glad to be warm and comfy. 

Did your snow stop? I am sitting here drinking hot toddy's, salt water (I gargle if I remember) Hot Tea, and ML. They always say drink a lot of fluids if you are sick. 

I was just going to ask you how you were feeling?  You crack me up with your fluid push - with that mixture you may just kill that bug  I really do hope you get to feeling better Fanny - you must lay low.  It just started to flurry a bit ago - it didnt snow this afternoon but it is gosh darn cold out.  I started to clean a few things up in the garden but I had to get the camper cleaned and emptied so the man could winterize it - I'm beat!

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #661 on: October 10, 2009, 09:32:10 PM »

I always look for a reason to post this video because it is so cute.

So HAPPY THANKSGIVING MY CANADIAN FRIENDS

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nDMzHlkB-Yg&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/nDMzHlkB-Yg&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

TYSM . I love that video.  I was very close to my in-laws who have both passed.  They had kids very late in life so lived into their late 80's and 90's.   My FIL was a aviator in WWII.  He  was a pilot first then became the guy that would send the planes into battle.  He said that was the worst for him as he was sending his best friends and when they did not come back battled much guilt.  We have all his medals, pilot year book from his class and other odds that he saved and passed down to our youngest who was named after him.

When we were going through my MIL's items there was a box of items from her parents.  Her father served in WW1 in the artillery. In an envelope we found a hand written note on buckingham palace stationery from King George thanking him for his bravery and sacrifice and wishing him a speedy recovery.  I have spent years trying to figure out what his injury was and what he did in the war to get a hand written note from King George but have not found out yet.  Someday I will.   I do know that after the war he was in a hospital in England.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #662 on: October 10, 2009, 09:36:03 PM »

Northern Rose you are incredible - what a fantastic menu you are serving - now I am freaking starved and I have cheaters stroganoff waiting to be served when husband gets in the house - I would much rather have the cabbage rolls and the twice baked spuds oh and the cheesecake omg that sounds wonderful.  I love cheesecake.  I hope you get some rest tonight so you can enjoy the fruits of your labor tomorrow.

I am on a  break and plan to go to bed early.  My mom used to cook the most incredible holiday meals so I guess I am trying not to disappoint her as I know if she still could do all the work she would.  She turns 70 on the 15th.  I also like all the leftovers!
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #663 on: October 10, 2009, 09:37:33 PM »

Hi Monkeys - am I late for the reunion?  I hope not - I made some candy corn, licorice nip, M&M, and dry roasted peanut mix.  I am drinking a glass of wine and glad to be warm and comfy. 

Did your snow stop? I am sitting here drinking hot toddy's, salt water (I gargle if I remember) Hot Tea, and ML. They always say drink a lot of fluids if you are sick. 

I was just going to ask you how you were feeling?  You crack me up with your fluid push - with that mixture you may just kill that bug  I really do hope you get to feeling better Fanny - you must lay low.  It just started to flurry a bit ago - it didnt snow this afternoon but it is gosh darn cold out.  I started to clean a few things up in the garden but I had to get the camper cleaned and emptied so the man could winterize it - I'm beat!

Actually, I'm feeling quite crappy, but I wouldn't miss this Saturday night with JSM for the world. At least I haven't had to take any pain meds today, because I have done absolutely nothing to challenge my back all day. 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #664 on: October 10, 2009, 09:40:35 PM »

Hi Mission. Glad you are warm and comfy. You are not late for the reunion. 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #665 on: October 10, 2009, 09:41:28 PM »

Actually, I'm feeling quite crappy, but I wouldn't miss this Saturday night with JSM for the world. At least I haven't had to take any pain meds today, because I have done absolutely nothing to challenge my back all day. 

Sorry to hear you are still not feeling well. 
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #666 on: October 10, 2009, 09:41:46 PM »

Northern Rose you are incredible - what a fantastic menu you are serving - now I am freaking starved and I have cheaters stroganoff waiting to be served when husband gets in the house - I would much rather have the cabbage rolls and the twice baked spuds oh and the cheesecake omg that sounds wonderful.  I love cheesecake.  I hope you get some rest tonight so you can enjoy the fruits of your labor tomorrow.

I am on a  break and plan to go to bed early.  My mom used to cook the most incredible holiday meals so I guess I am trying not to disappoint her as I know if she still could do all the work she would.  She turns 70 on the 15th.  I also like all the leftovers!

Nothing quite like leftovers after Thanksgiving, as long as they don't linger too long. I'm not big on Turkey, but can eat it once a year. My Mama would cook every turkey recipe known to mankind with the leftover turkey, and then make soup with the bones. One of my kids asked her one time if she was making bone soup!  Monkey Devil!

Those were touching stories about your inlaws, and their relative.  an angelic monkey

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #667 on: October 10, 2009, 09:43:54 PM »

Daughter won and she had a friend over.  Got my grocery trip from hell finished.  All the checkouts were open and we were still lined up 6 deep into the isles waiting for a teller.  Some genius took all the cranberry sauce and jelly and took it out of the isle and onto an end display right by the tills.  So you think I could get one with everyone waiting to cash out?  Thank goodness I was there for only a few things but at that I did not get everything I wanted like whipcream or cranberries of any kind.  I am sending hubby tomorrow morning to another grocery store at 7am to pick up hat I could not get. 

I am taking it pretty easy cooking tomorrow as we have to eat early to fit everyones schedule so most of my stuff either sits in the oven all day or is a very simple and quick.  Turkey with sausage, cornbread and leek stuffing, lamb, twice baked potatoes and mashed, cabbage rolls, greenbeans, cauliflower and cheese, cornbread and fresh buns and of course gravy. 

For dessert I made a cheesecake, applecrumble and pumpkin pie today.
I hate going to the grocery store, especially around the holidays. That's why I dont' go, but I did today. 

OMG, can you please come to Texas for Thanksgiving so I can have cabbage rolls? PLLEEEAAASSSEEEE!!!!! I love cabbage rolls!! I think that is what I am going to ask my mom to cook for my birthday.      NEVERMIND... she won't be here on my birthday.  She is taking my nephew to England over my birthday week.

I would rather have cabbage rolls over cake anytime. 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL THE CANADIAN MONKEYS. I was hoping to see my Canadian neighbor to wish him a happy one, but I haven't seen him. He must have a hockey game tonight.

If I knew they would make it through the border I would overnight you a casserole full of my cabbage rolls.  Mine are half meat half rice with bacon, onions and lots of homemade tomatoes sauce and garden herbs  that they cook in.
Oh it sounds wonderful and your cabbage rolls sound just like my Grandmother made when I was a kid. I didn't like them when I was little, but grew to LOVE them when I got older.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #668 on: October 10, 2009, 09:44:51 PM »

So this is our pajama party. You know what that means...we gossip.

so I was at KMart today (scored a great pink/white/tan quilt and sheets on clearance) as I was leaving, I saw a LARGE woman in front of me. She was like 3 of me, and I'm not tiny (but am getting there!) Anyway, as I saw her attire, I wondered if NASCAR knows that people are ripping off their checkered flags and making clothes out of them.

She was wearing a long skirt, looked to be made out of T-shirt fabric. And for pockets, back pockets, mind you, she had two checkered flags stitched on her overly large, extra extra large behind!
I wish I would have taken a pic, but there's not a website for bad fashion at KMart.

This also reinforces my MIL advice...keep the back pockets to a minimum, they DO make your azz look big!

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #669 on: October 10, 2009, 09:46:08 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nDMzHlkB-Yg&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/nDMzHlkB-Yg&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

I never get tired of seeing that precious little thing!  an angelic monkey
He is adorable Fanny. I wish I could just pinch his little cheeks and love when he gives the thumbs up. Great kid he is. 

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #670 on: October 10, 2009, 09:47:02 PM »

so I was at KMart today (scored a great pink/white/tan quilt and sheets on clearance) as I was leaving, I saw a LARGE woman in front of me. She was like 3 of me, and I'm not tiny (but am getting there!) Anyway, as I saw her attire, I wondered if NASCAR knows that people are ripping off their checkered flags and making clothes out of them.

She was wearing a long skirt, looked to be made out of T-shirt fabric. And for pockets, back pockets, mind you, she had two checkered flags stitched on her overly large, extra extra large behind!
I wish I would have taken a pic, but there's not a website for bad fashion at KMart.

This also reinforces my MIL advice...keep the back pockets to a minimum, they DO make your azz look big!

Things in the rear view mirror are larger than they appear   
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #671 on: October 10, 2009, 09:57:22 PM »

That is so sweet - I know what you mean - I cook Thanksgiving every year and have my dad and Grama - she is 85 I feel the same as you I want to do for her what she did for us for many many years and her meals were always wonderful.  Every year she tells me how good everything is and it makes me feel so happy.

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #672 on: October 10, 2009, 09:59:18 PM »

Although I am not happy you are feeling crappy - ha ha a rhyme.  But I am glad to here your not feeling pain in your back 

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #673 on: October 10, 2009, 10:00:07 PM »

TYSM . I love that video.  I was very close to my in-laws who have both passed.  They had kids very late in life so lived into their late 80's and 90's.   My FIL was a aviator in WWII.  He  was a pilot first then became the guy that would send the planes into battle.  He said that was the worst for him as he was sending his best friends and when they did not come back battled much guilt.  We have all his medals, pilot year book from his class and other odds that he saved and passed down to our youngest who was named after him.

When we were going through my MIL's items there was a box of items from her parents.  Her father served in WW1 in the artillery. In an envelope we found a hand written note on buckingham palace stationery from King George thanking him for his bravery and sacrifice and wishing him a speedy recovery.  I have spent years trying to figure out what his injury was and what he did in the war to get a hand written note from King George but have not found out yet.  Someday I will.   I do know that after the war he was in a hospital in England.

You are so welcome for the video. I love that little boy saluting the Canadians. Canadians in WWII are the forgotten heroes. When we went to Normandy, I didn't realize how many Canadians had perished until we went to a Canadian cemetary. I can't imagine what you FIL went through sending planes out and them not coming back.

I hope you find out about your MIL's father and his service. I will say one thing about the UK, they keep great records from WWI, WWII and the ones before.

an angelic monkey

Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #674 on: October 10, 2009, 10:00:36 PM »

Hi Mission. Glad you are warm and comfy. You are not late for the reunion. 

Hello guest of honor I am so glad to be here with you. 

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #675 on: October 10, 2009, 10:01:09 PM »

Happy Birthday to your Mom!!!

Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #676 on: October 10, 2009, 10:02:00 PM »

Things in the rear view mirror are larger than they appear   
Rose, I wanna hire you to be my cook! You never make just a plain jane meal, you always make me hungry. Only problem is, I do not have the "ooomph" to make most of your fabulous recipes! Maybe you could mail me stuff? Let's start with the cheesecake...I hear that's good for bewb cancer...uh...yeah, I'm sure I heard that!!

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #677 on: October 10, 2009, 10:02:34 PM »

Lady bug, you go to bed.  Don't swallow salt water, just gargle.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #678 on: October 10, 2009, 10:06:04 PM »

Sorry to hear you are still not feeling well. 

It's ok. I woke this morning with a sore throat, and it's not any better. Low grade fever, just feeling yucky! Bleeh.....

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #679 on: October 10, 2009, 10:06:05 PM »

OMG checkered flags for pockets? That is so dang funny Tevye.  I wish we had a KMart. I love K Mart. I miss K Mart. I would have to drive to Abilene to get to a K Mart. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.