May 17, 2024, 11:38:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #3 4/15/09 -4/27/09  (Read 447509 times)
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #580 on: April 16, 2009, 11:08:12 PM »

Guess Johnny Huckster will have some photos to sell.
What information could he possibly have that is current or relavent to this ? Nothing !
Info from an ex spouse who has serious allegations against him and who could only see the kid under supervision. Yep, he will have plenty to say. And if it's all fiction, who's
going to bust him ? 
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #581 on: April 16, 2009, 11:18:04 PM »

Hummmmmmm, 

I have heard the term, and used the term "self image", I have never heard the term "self persona"???

The persona is the self as one sees oneself, and may change according to whatever situation the person is in.

Oh.  Guess I could explain that better.   

An example:  A woman can be (at the same time), a wife, a mother, an attorney, a daughter, a niece, an aunt, a g.daughter, a sister, an avid reader.  Each one of these is seperate, yet she is all of them combined as well. 

She can put on her mom "hat" and deal with whatever situation with her kids.  Take that "hat" off and go off to work and deal with defending criminals all day long, her attorney "hat".  Stop by the store on the way home and pick up a gallon of milk and run it over to her mom's house, her daughter "hat".  While she was at work, she was not functioning as a daughter perse.  She functioned as a daughter when the situation called for that. 

All of these "hats" are a seperate persona for this woman.  All of them combined make up her total 'self'.  The way she feels about her total self is her 'self-image'. 

Clear as mud?   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #582 on: April 17, 2009, 12:01:12 AM »

Hummmmmmm, 

I have heard the term, and used the term "self image", I have never heard the term "self persona"???

The persona is the self as one sees oneself, and may change according to whatever situation the person is in.

An example:  A woman can be (at the same time), a wife, a mother, an attorney, a daughter, a niece, an aunt, a g.daughter, a sister, an avid reader.  Each one of these is seperate, yet she is all of them combined as well. 

She can put on her mom "hat" and deal with whatever situation with her kids.  Take that "hat" off and go off to work and deal with defending criminals all day long, her attorney "hat".  Stop by the store on the way home and pick up a gallon of milk and run it over to her mom's house, her daughter "hat".  While she was at work, she was not functioning as a daughter perse.  She functioned as a daughter when the situation called for that. 

All of these "hats" are a seperate persona for this woman.  All of them combined make up her total 'self'.  The way she feels about her total self is her 'self-image'. 

Clear as mud?   

Yes,  it does explain, thank you.  So when he was talking about her "self persona"  which hat was he talking about?? 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #583 on: April 17, 2009, 12:03:24 AM »

For anyone who missed the memorial service from today News 10 has their video up:

http://www.news10.net/video/default.aspx?aid=73164

Sissy's Song

Why did she have to go
So young I just don't know why
Things happen half the time
Without reason without rhyme
Lovely, sweet young woman
Daughter, wife and mother
Makes no sense to me
I just have to believe

She flew up to Heaven on the wings of angels
By the clouds and stars and
passed where no one sees
And she walks with Jesus and
her loved ones waiting
And I know she's smiling saying
Don't worry 'bout me

Loved ones she left behind
Just trying to survive
And understand the why
Feeling so lost inside
Anger shot straight at God
Then asking for His love
Empty with disbelief
Just hoping that maybe

passed where no one sees
And she walks with Jesus and
her loved ones waiting
Don't worry 'bout me

It's hard to say goodbye
Her picture in my mind
They'll always be of times I'll cherish
And I won't cry 'cause

passed where no one sees
And she walks with jesus and
her loved ones waiting
Don't worry 'bout me
Don't worry 'bout me

Alan Jackson

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #584 on: April 17, 2009, 12:03:42 AM »

Hummmmmmm, 

Clear as mud?   

In the famous words of E.T., ooouuuuuch........

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #585 on: April 17, 2009, 12:36:17 AM »

Yes,  it does explain, thank you.  So when he was talking about her "self persona"  which hat was he talking about?? 

This is the quote from Melissa's ex:

"She did suffer from depression. She did have issues with ... her self-persona, who she saw herself as."

Without further explanation from him, it's really anyone's guess which of her "hats" he was referring to.  But he did use the word "issues", so that gives us a clue.  Meaning whatever persona (hat) he was referring to, he was saying that she had issues with it. 

Speaking as her ex, he could have been referring to the way she saw herself as a wife.  Perhaps she had issues with being his wife, or anyone's wife, for example.   

He could have been referring to the way she saw herself as a mother.  Perhaps she had issues with being the mother of his daughter, or being a mother at all. 

He said Melissa suffered from depression.  He could have been referring to the way she saw herself as a functioning (or non-functioning) adult.  Perhaps she had issues with her self-esteem, her self-image, how she relates to life itself. 

Those are just some examples.  Perhaps he will say more about what he was referring to, tomorrow on GMA. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Srobbins
Scared Monkey

Please Bring The Missing Home!

« Reply #586 on: April 17, 2009, 12:55:51 AM »

o/t Anyone see this:

I was on Scaredmonkeys, which is a blog type website, while on the Sandra Cantu forum I found this:

hey you guys i found this of leonard padilla myspace....
i don't know if i am soppose to post it..but thought you might want to see it...

Date: Apr 15, 2009 10:09 PM
Subject: URGENT--LAW ENFORCEMENT--TIP ON HALEIGH CUMMINGS!!!!!!

I JUST RECEIVED THIS MESSAGE FROM ONE OF MY MEMBERS.

A FRIEND OF HERS THINKS SHE MAY HAVE SPOTTED HALEIGH CUMMINGS (DETAILS ARE IN THE MESSAGE THAT FOLLOWS) AND ACTUALLY WAS ABLE TO WRITE DOWN A LICENSE PLATE # OF THE CAR SHE WAS IN!!!
BUT, NO ONE WILL LISTEN TO HER!!!!

CAN ANY OF YOU LOOK UP THIS LICENSE #????

----------------- Original Message -----------------
To: DREAMCATCHERS FOR ABUSED CHILDREN©
Date: Apr 16, 2009 1:00 AM
Subject: heres the message she sent

Susan, do you know any info on this little one? Is she a stranger abduction? I looked at this the other day, as I was leaving work today The car in the next lane waiting at the light was a small girl around 4-5 years old with strawberry blonde hair curls at the ends, strange thing was she kept looking at me like help me.
She was sitting in the front seat and no seatbelt the man driving was a very obese scruffy looking guy and there was a woman sitting in the back seat, things just looked odd, after they pulled away I remembered this missing child, and thought how much she looked like her then I realized that I should take down the liscense #

So I did here it is MO 739 YTW.

It was an older station wagon blue in color with alot of rust. After I got home I pulled this up and am shocked how much that little girl looks like her. Let me know.

Gale

I just got false hope again! I really do hope this is true though!  Good things need to start happening to our young children, hopefully this is it!  Stephanie
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #587 on: April 17, 2009, 08:22:33 AM »

this would be the best news ever if this was Haleigh...

Melissa's ex is coming up on GMA....

Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #588 on: April 17, 2009, 08:23:54 AM »

If anyone's watching, Melissa Huckaby's ex-husband is coming up on Good Morning America. May be interesting!

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #589 on: April 17, 2009, 08:39:13 AM »

If anyone's watching, Melissa Huckaby's ex-husband is coming up on Good Morning America. May be interesting!

just watched him...he seemed like an ok guy...spoke well, looked fine...seemed like a likable guy to me...what did you think?
he denied any abuse charges.....as nutty as Melissa is, would not surprise me at all that she made it all up....

lady
Scared Monkey

« Reply #590 on: April 17, 2009, 08:42:54 AM »

just watched him...he seemed like an ok guy...spoke well, looked fine...seemed like a likable guy to me...what did you think?
he denied any abuse charges.....as nutty as Melissa is, would not surprise me at all that she made it all up....
Good morning monkeys!!!! I missed it cookie b/c I was at work...Anything interesting said??
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #591 on: April 17, 2009, 08:52:44 AM »

Good morning monkeys!!!! I missed it cookie b/c I was at work...Anything interesting said??

he said that their daughter is safe and that she has no knowledge of what is happening. Does not want this to be his daughter's legacy....sympathy to Sandra's family.

basically that he would not have expected anything like this from Melissa...it really didn't get into too much...rather short...maybe they will air more at a later time?

Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #592 on: April 17, 2009, 08:58:48 AM »

Hi Monkeys, I watched Melissa's ex hubby on GMA.

Here is what I heard not word for word, but I did pay attention,LOL.

Before I say the key points I will just give my opinion that he seemed normal enough, like an average guy IMO.

He said that Melissa only had two serious relationships, that he knew of

1. An ex bf named Josh Palmer
2. her marriage to Him, John

He said that he has always felt that she was a good mother to the daughter they have together.
He didn't know her to be a violent or abusive person.

When asked if Melissa had any emotional issues, he said she suffered from Depression, and that she had an issue with her persona, who she was.

When asked if John ever knew her to go for help for her Depression he said No, but she must have recently as she was on some meds now.

When asked if the woman he saw on TV in the prison Jumpsuit at her court appearance looked like the woman he knew, he said NO, it seemed like she was someone else, not the woman he knows.

He can't imagine her doing this.

Cuomo asked John if the charges Melissa brought against him in the past about abuse and Meth use were true or not, he said NO, she made that up .

Cuomo asked how the daughter is. John said that the daughter is doing fine and is in a safe place.

They were divorced in 2003, but I guess they had contact because of the daughter.

Thats about it, not much new IMO.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #593 on: April 17, 2009, 09:04:39 AM »

Elaine..wow...thanks for that info...I thought that I had heard and watched the whole thing but perhaps not cause I didn't hear some of that....was the interview in a few parts? otherwise...I must have been multi tasking and missed it!
I thought that he seemed normal and articulate...not a dead beat looking person....not what I expected for some reason...

Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #594 on: April 17, 2009, 09:05:25 AM »

One quick correction, I think maybe they married in 2003, and divorced in 2005.
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #595 on: April 17, 2009, 09:11:09 AM »

Elaine..wow...thanks for that info...I thought that I had heard and watched the whole thing but perhaps not cause I didn't hear some of that....was the interview in a few parts? otherwise...I must have been multi tasking and missed it!
I thought that he seemed normal and articulate...not a dead beat looking person....not what I expected for some reason...
You are very welcome. The interview was kinda back and forth between Cuomo and John, with Cuomo talking in between. Yes her husband did seem normal and articulate.

Have we ever heard of this ex-BF before? Josh Palmer. That will give you monkeys some work to do.
Maybe he can give an angle on what he thought she was like?
JessStar
Monkey Junky

Please Help Find Justice for Nevaeh

« Reply #596 on: April 17, 2009, 09:12:06 AM »

Good morning Monkeys.  I had the chance over the last few days to do some legal research into the charges that have been filed against MH as they may shed some light on what happened.  First, with regard to the special circumstances, there is a specific provision in the California Penal Code that applies to murder being committed for the purpose of hiding evidence of a crime.  She hasn't been charged with that, which is probably good news.  At least in my mind, it puts to rest the speculation that Huckaby "lost it" and visciously killed Sandra.  More importantly, the provisions that do apply (based on the current charges) appear to support the view that Sandra was drugged, fell asleep, and was unaware of what was happening or had happened to her.  To quote from the code:

"Any person who commits an act of sexual penetration, and the victim is at the time unconscious of the nature of the act and this is known to the person committing the act or causing the act to be committed, shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for three, six, or eight years.  As used in this subdivision,
"unconscious of the nature of the act" means incapable of resisting because the victim meets one of the following conditions:
   (1) Was unconscious or asleep.
   (2) Was not aware, knowing, perceiving, or cognizant that the act occurred.
   (3) Was not aware, knowing, perceiving, or cognizant of the essential characteristics of the act due to the perpetrator's fraud in fact.
   (4) Was not aware, knowing, perceiving, or cognizant of the essential characteristics of the act due to the perpetrator's fraudulent representation that the sexual penetration served a professional purpose when it served no professional purpose.
   (e) Any person who commits an act of sexual penetration when the victim is prevented from resisting by any intoxicating or anesthetic substance, or any controlled substance, and this condition was known, or reasonably should have been known by the accused, shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for a period of three, six, or eight years.

Also, there is a specific section that defines "foreign object."  According to the code, "foreign object" means any part of the body OTHER THAN a sexual organ (in addition to more heinous things).  Therefore, rape by foreign object can be accomplished through digital penetration, however slight. Believe me, I'm certainly not mitigating the crime if this, in fact, is what happened--even this would be egregious.  But it doesn't have to be a "foreign object" in the way some may be intepreting it and which can multiply the gruesomeness factor of the crime exponentially.

Finally, lewd or lascivious acts upon a child are defined by the California Penal Code as "any touching of the child done with the intent to gratify the lust, passions or sexual desires of either the suspect or a child. The touching can occur anywhere on the child's body; it does not necessarily have to be on a sexual organ."  THat's pretty straightforward.  The teacher there near Tracy that is going to be or has been charged under this section was based on touching of the shoulders and I believe stroking the child's hair.  That's lewd or lascivious conduct if the perp gained sexual gratification from doing it.

Maybe I'm just trying to make myself feel better again, but when I look at the California Crimes Code and what MH has been charged with, it seems to paint the picture that Sandra died without suffering, likely from being overdrugged, and likely without knowing what this monster was doing or had done to her.  Significantly, the Prosecution has not YET charged her under PC 190.2(a)(14), which makes it a special circumstance to murder if the murder was "The murder was especially heinous, atrocious, or cruel, manifesting exceptional depravity.  As used in this section, the phrase "especially heinous, atrocious, or cruel, manifesting exceptional depravity" means a conscienceless or pitiless crime that is unnecessarily torturous to the victim."

She also has not been charged with the special circumstances of killing to prevent the discovery of evidence of the crime.

Take care all.  I have a trial starting on Monday (wish me luck!), so you probably wont be hearing from me much until late next week, unless I can break away at some point.  I hope at least some of you are finding my posts a little informative.  Thank you.

lady
Scared Monkey

« Reply #597 on: April 17, 2009, 09:13:49 AM »

Thanks for filling me in...I guess its a wait and see game from here...I dont like the direction this is going in...
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #598 on: April 17, 2009, 09:16:14 AM »

You are very welcome. The interview was kinda back and forth between Cuomo and John, with Cuomo talking in between. Yes her husband did seem normal and articulate.

Have we ever heard of this ex-BF before? Josh Palmer. That will give you monkeys some work to do.
Maybe he can give an angle on what he thought she was like?

in regards to Josh...it seems that she had filed some paperwork in her own handwriting saying that Josh was following her and stalking her....they should the paperwork and his picture on tv...which I thought was rather invasive since he is not involved in this at all and it was prior to all of this happening...what do you think? I wouldn't want that kindof info out there about me with my picture flashed across the tv, especially if it wasn't true what Melissa said, which could very well be the case...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #599 on: April 17, 2009, 09:16:41 AM »

Thanks for filling me in...I guess its a wait and see game from here...I dont like the direction this is going in...

what are your thoughts Lady?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.