May 20, 2024, 10:48:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sandra Cantu #3 4/15/09 -4/27/09  (Read 447937 times)
Catbert
Scared Monkey

Catbert the Monkey Lover

« Reply #1560 on: April 24, 2009, 11:31:06 PM »

What are the odds of a person with the same name close by being arrested for something like this ? It's all too odd for me to comprehend.
We don't know if Lane Lawless had brothers who this guy could be related to.
Or it could just be a random coincidence in the universe.   

Kat read Blinks update -- they ARE related
I did read that, but I am taking the relationship with a grain this time. I know Blink has sources that are reliable ( and she is a relaible source herself ) , but what does this all mean ?  I still have a hurdle to get over that there is some family that consists of this type of predator in such an abundance. I can go with the Lane Lawless since his name has come up in the past, but more has to come out. And it will.
How the heck did all this happen under the radar for so long ? Melissa does exhibit the classic signs of an abused person. She also exhibits signs of a mentally ill person.
I 100 % believe that she had a trial run with the other girl Blink reported on. I also read or heard that there was another one. And that there have been events with other children. This just all didn't spring forth in 2009.
Right now, it looks as if the Tracy PD are incompetent.   

agree on TPD; there are just too many scary issues occuring in Tracy than should be

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow A Mystery
Today is a Gift
that

is why we call it the PRESENT
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1561 on: April 24, 2009, 11:37:50 PM »

What are the odds of a person with the same name close by being arrested for something like this ? It's all too odd for me to comprehend.

I did read that, but I am taking the relationship with a grain this time. I know Blink has sources that are reliable ( and she is a relaible source herself ) , but what does this all mean ?  I still have a hurdle to get over that there is some family that consists of this type of predator in such an abundance. I can go with the Lane Lawless since his name has come up in the past, but more has to come out. And it will.
How the heck did all this happen under the radar for so long ? Melissa does exhibit the classic signs of an abused person. She also exhibits signs of a mentally ill person.
I 100 % believe that she had a trial run with the other girl Blink reported on. I also read or heard that there was another one. And that there have been events with other children. This just all didn't spring forth in 2009.
Kat gram-
very intelligent position. There is more, there will be more. For the first time in this case, for what it's worth, I feel like I dont want to know.
Blink
Foggy Dew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1562 on: April 24, 2009, 11:39:10 PM »

Good evening, all.

Sorry in advance for the rant. 

I need to regroup after hearing the judge's words.  I was shocked to hear that the evidence might cause public outrage etc.  Those are possibly the most chilling words I can imagine hearing from a judge.  Here I thought that sweet darlin' was horribly victimized and killed.

And it get's worse?  I didn't know her and I felt chills.

Of course this isn't the only case that makes me so sad, helpless and hopeless.  Once in a blue moon I "get" that a child will be lost to a predator/lunatic.  But it goes on and on. 

Mark Klaas, speaking re. the Anthony's in FL being disinvited to the Rieger conference opined that a group of folks had effectively gotten them blown of the dais (my words/interpretation).  He seemed amazed how quickly they were disinvited based on that internet campaign/marvelled that we still had yet to get some important legislation passed (again, my words/interpretation).  His remarks set me back on my heels.  I'm so irked I wanna spit nails.  Our collective complacency (albeit warm and snuggly) is just pretend.  The cold reality is too scary to imagine so its shunted aside.

Mark Klaas struck me like a big dog tonight.  Complacency is for wimpy dogs.  Run w/the big dogs or stay on the porch. 

God help Miss Sandra's parents and all who love her.  I pray that they have counselors and the strong support of friends and residents of Tracy to help Mom and other loved ones buck up to get through this horror. 

Foggy
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1563 on: April 24, 2009, 11:41:57 PM »

Just got home, no news on the 6 PM report? Shoot, I will stay up until the 11 news and post.

Tonight we had an appointment on the side of town not too far from the pond Sandra was found in. I had never been down that road before and had never seen the ponds up close. They are smaller then what I thought. 1 was empty and doesn't seem like it would be that deep. The other one was about 1/2 full and again not that deep. On the opposite side of the street was a ditch that had brush growing so full that you could not see it completely. Seems strange to me that she choose the ponds rather then the ditch. One thing that struck was this place just seemed like an odd place to dump the suitcase. The street seems like a private road, that is what I thought it was to be honest with you, I learned it wasn't from the press conference. It just seems a part of the farm that is there. BTW, the cows are right there.

We also drove down clover  and past by the church. It is not at the end of the street as I thought it was which makes me believe I was mistaken the first time I went down that street. It is about 1/2 down I would say, pretty close to the mobile home park. the building is pretty run down and sort of small. Some of the windows on the right side of the building do not have blinds on them and some do which lead me to believe some had been removed. That little brown wooden shed, I think may be a well house? is right in the front and the white shed is to the left of the building. The grounds and church  is so open and so close to the street. The perspective was really quite different then what I have seen on TV.

Catbert
Scared Monkey

Catbert the Monkey Lover

« Reply #1564 on: April 24, 2009, 11:46:41 PM »

Just got home, no news on the 6 PM report? Shoot, I will stay up until the 11 news and post.

Tonight we had an appointment on the side of town not too far from the pond Sandra was found in. I had never been down that road before and had never seen the ponds up close. They are smaller then what I thought. 1 was empty and doesn't seem like it would be that deep. The other one was about 1/2 full and again not that deep. On the opposite side of the street was a ditch that had brush growing so full that you could not see it completely. Seems strange to me that she choose the ponds rather then the ditch. One thing that struck was this place just seemed like an odd place to dump the suitcase. The street seems like a private road, that is what I thought it was to be honest with you, I learned it wasn't from the press conference. It just seems a part of the farm that is there. BTW, the cows are right there.

We also drove down clover  and past by the church. It is not at the end of the street as I thought it was which makes me believe I was mistaken the first time I went down that street. It is about 1/2 down I would say, pretty close to the mobile home park. the building is pretty run down and sort of small. Some of the windows on the right side of the building do not have blinds on them and some do which lead me to believe some had been removed. That little brown wooden shed, I think may be a well house? is right in the front and the white shed is to the left of the building. The grounds and church  is so open and so close to the street. The perspective was really quite different then what I have seen on TV.

Interesting observations

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow A Mystery
Today is a Gift
that

lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1565 on: April 24, 2009, 11:51:02 PM »

Hi TracyGirl,
A very interesting perspective.  I have a question and I know the answer is likely no, but thought I would ask any way...
Is there any way to figure out who that farm belongs to (where Sandra's body was found)?
lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1566 on: April 24, 2009, 11:56:18 PM »

The "child abuse"  the Pastor was accused of seems to have occurred in a Church.  Interesting because it seems LE thinks Sandra died at the church.

So was the church a private, secure place to abuse children?

http://www.ktvb.com/news/crime/stories/ktvbn-apr2409-lawless_investigation.1080551d5.html
Snipped:

FBI murder investigation leads to Idaho questioning
11:51 AM MDT on Friday, April 24, 2009
KREM.com

"Sources say Lawless was questioned years ago about alleged child abuse at the Lewiston church.

There is little information out about Lawless’ connection with the Idaho church. Authorities in Lewiston say they do not have a criminal investigation open on Lawless."
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1567 on: April 25, 2009, 12:00:56 AM »

agree on TPD; there are just too many scary issues occuring in Tracy than should be

Yes the TPD are incompetent and have a small town, big cop sort of attitude. 
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1568 on: April 25, 2009, 12:08:39 AM »

Hi TracyGirl,
A very interesting perspective.  I have a question and I know the answer is likely no, but thought I would ask any way...
Is there any way to figure out who that farm belongs to (where Sandra's body was found)?

I think it is more like a business rather then a privatly owned farm. Here is a link to the dairy.

http://www.upspring.com/bacchetti-and-silva-dairy-tracy-ca.html
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1569 on: April 25, 2009, 12:21:29 AM »

Sorry to intrude...

I have an OT Monkey Favor Requst:

Can you go here:  http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4858.msg783602#msg783602 and tell me if you think these people look alike?  And leave a post at the thread of your opinion?

TIA, Lovinlife

Thank you...carry on!

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1570 on: April 25, 2009, 12:22:48 AM »

Most of us here ( I am guessing ) have never had any first hand knowledge of anything so vile as what our collective imaginations are imagining right now.
I appreciate Tracygirl for her perspective. If I lived there, I would combust.
Is there an organization in CA that would provide legal help to the Cantu / Castro family ? It's going to be a long haul for them and they are going to be confused by the legal issues. For sure, they re going to feel abandoned by the system. It's all going to be about Melissa and her rights to a fair trial. And rules, regulations, motions, filings, rights, and law and order, blah blah when it comes to MH. Where were these things when the report was made in January about the other girl ?
Why doesn't Melissa just plead guilty and spare everyone more trauma ?
Will they call in Henry Lee to find or plant hairs and try to save the day ? Not trying to be funny, but there is something wrong with the way things work in favor of the defendant.

lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1571 on: April 25, 2009, 12:42:27 AM »

Most of us here ( I am guessing ) have never had any first hand knowledge of anything so vile as what our collective imaginations are imagining right now.
Is there an organization in CA that would provide legal help to the Cantu / Castro family ? It's going to be a long haul for them and they are going to be confused by the legal issues. For sure, they re going to feel abandoned by the system. It's all going to be about Melissa and her rights to a fair trial. And rules, regulations, motions, filings, rights, and law and order, blah blah when it comes to MH. Where were these things when the report was made in January about the other girl ?
Will they call in Henry Lee to find or plant hairs and try to save the day ? Not trying to be funny, but there is something wrong with the way things work in favor of the defendant.

I would bet you a banana that the Chavez-Cantu family have received or (shall soon) offers from high profile attorneys (Gloria Allred comes to mind) pro bono.  The publicity of this case and significance will be enough to attract attorneys at the top of their game, imo.
At least, that's my hope!:)

lonemonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1572 on: April 25, 2009, 12:56:00 AM »

I think it is more like a business rather then a privatly owned farm. Here is a link to the dairy.

http://www.upspring.com/bacchetti-and-silva-dairy-tracy-ca.html

Thanks Tracy!
I just noticed that MH said she had spent time at the farm and was wondering what the connection was?
Catbert
Scared Monkey

Catbert the Monkey Lover

« Reply #1573 on: April 25, 2009, 01:10:55 AM »

seems quiet here ... g'nite Monkeys

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow A Mystery
Today is a Gift
that

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1574 on: April 25, 2009, 01:15:31 AM »

Nite Catbert
oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1575 on: April 25, 2009, 01:17:03 AM »

There is a victim assistance program in California and I think that would involve grief counseling to family members. There are various non-governmental support groups, too. I think a headline-hungry lawyer like Gloria Allred would love to jump on this.

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1576 on: April 25, 2009, 02:16:29 AM »

KCRA report,
Currant pastor confused as to why FBI questioned
Dale Johnson was former pastor, left church without notice. Some people feared something shady
Lawless has not been confirmed as regular at the church at any time in the past... Not too many people knew of him
Dale Johnson maybe in eugine oregon. The current paster said he believes (or guesses?) that the FBI may want to speak to Dale Johnson because he may lead him to someone else.

Not too much I think. Didn't quite live up to the hype.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1577 on: April 25, 2009, 02:17:53 AM »

Oh I forgot something. Apparently in the noon report today the reporter noted many people where not familiar with the name Lane Lawless but some remembered a Clifford lawless.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1578 on: April 25, 2009, 02:21:14 AM »

Correction, Clifford Huckaby
I found that sort strange. It was not stated as to when they recall hearing this name but believe it was associated with the church.

Ok think I got everything now. Going to sleep now. Good night everyone.
Tams
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1579 on: April 25, 2009, 03:08:03 AM »

Everyone keeps talking about the possiblility that 'pastors' Lane Lawless & Robert Roberson are one and the same . . . here they are side by side . . . on the right is Roberson when acquitted in 1995 in Wenatchee (thus 14 years ago) . . . not sure what to think. What do you all think? Alot of similarities, but the nose seems very different to me . . .

(Don't know how to post a jpeg within my post, so am "attaching" it . . .see if it works . . .)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.