May 16, 2024, 11:06:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #638 6/10 - 6/13/2007  (Read 172631 times)
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #360 on: June 11, 2007, 12:39:16 PM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Peaches
You know we are here for you.  You have become my hero in all that you have gone through.  Right this moment I am praying for a good outcome and I know everyone else is going to be doing the same.  You are not alone. We love you.

What Lala's said Peaches.  I will say a prayer that your surgery will go well and I'm sure everything will be fine.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #361 on: June 11, 2007, 12:40:02 PM »

Peaches ... if you let Him ... God will grant you both strength and peace as he carries you through the storm.  Just reach up.

Sincerely, Janet

FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed
he was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene he noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand: one belonging
to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of
his life there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the very
lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he
questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow
you, you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when
I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #362 on: June 11, 2007, 12:42:52 PM »

Quote from: "Peaches"
I can't dance today.  Too depressed.  Shouldn't clutter the LCD with this but there's nothing going on anyway.

I have to have some surgery on Wednesday.  It turns out as I was busy having ovarian cancer, something else was busy expanding on my right adrenal gland.  Since I've had 3 CT scans, they've been watching it.  Now whatever it is is more than 6 cm which means it has to come out.  

Good news for me is we know it is not a pheochromocytoma.  You medical types know what that means.   And it's on the right and not the left (bigger structures in the way).  But it has to come out.

Ovarian cancer doesn't usually spread to the adrenal glands.  From my CT scan, it appears the ovarian cancer has gone packing.  And that's great.   But what is this thing on my adrenal gland?  

I guess I'll find out on Wednesday.  My surgeon's plan is to try to get this out laparoscopically.  If that doesn't work, then they will convert to an open procedure.   How exciting.  

Alrighty then.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Peaches!   (((hugs))).  Dag nab it.  Sometimes it seems like it is always something.  I am SURE everything will turn out just fine.  

I will hold you up in my prayers for a full recovery and good report.  I KNOW in my heart everything will be fine.

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #363 on: June 11, 2007, 12:47:43 PM »

Thank you all.  I will have Mr. Peaches check in here on Wednesday nite.  I have to check in at 930a for an 11:30 a.m. surgery so by the time he leaves the hospital, he'll have some news.  

I hate to have to have surgery again.  My surgeon is a great guy.  He put in my chest port that I was using for chemo so it's not as if we're not acquainted.  Doesn't make it any better though.  It's still surgery and regular anesthesia.

Can somebody fill me in on Sunfreak's situation??

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #364 on: June 11, 2007, 12:55:12 PM »

Peaches...prayers and hugs....you will do well....!

Sun talked to us recently....good news for her...localized to the area...needs surgery to clean up the edges....she is happy.  Will see if I can find the post.

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #365 on: June 11, 2007, 12:55:22 PM »

Peaches ~ I'm just crushed to hear your news...but, with all of us behind you, you're gonna make thru just fine ~ With all of our positive thoughts and prayers to Him, you will be a-okay.  Thanks for having your hubby keep us posted Wednesday.  Many hugs.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #366 on: June 11, 2007, 12:56:01 PM »

From what I understand Sunfreak had good news.  The cancer is confined to her arm and that seems very treatable at this time.  I am so happy for her.  She has been through a lot lately also.
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #367 on: June 11, 2007, 12:59:49 PM »

Peaches

From Sunfreak....her post on Friday....

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OFF TOPIC

I had my whole body pet scan and nothing lit up. YIPPEE! I'm a stage IIB confined to that one spot on my my right forearm near my elbow. The next step is to to go bcak to surgery and clear the margins. The ONC is looking into entering me in a vaccine trial for people at my stage. I am ECSTATIC over this news.

::::::doing the monkey happy dance::::::

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #368 on: June 11, 2007, 12:59:56 PM »

I am headed to work now, so everyone can talk without me. LOL  Be back later...but I will be lurking at work.
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #369 on: June 11, 2007, 01:04:04 PM »

Quote from: "AZSunny"
I can't dance today.  Too depressed.  Shouldn't clutter the LCD with this but there's nothing going on anyway.

I have to have some surgery on Wednesday.  It turns out as I was busy having ovarian cancer, something else was busy expanding on my right adrenal gland.  Since I've had 3 CT scans, they've been watching it.  Now whatever it is is more than 6 cm which means it has to come out.  

Good news for me is we know it is not a pheochromocytoma.  You medical types know what that means.   And it's on the right and not the left (bigger structures in the way).  But it has to come out.

Ovarian cancer doesn't usually spread to the adrenal glands.  From my CT scan, it appears the ovarian cancer has gone packing.  And that's great.   But what is this thing on my adrenal gland?  

I guess I'll find out on Wednesday.  My surgeon's plan is to try to get this out laparoscopically.  If that doesn't work, then they will convert to an open procedure.   How exciting.  

Alrighty then.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Oh Peaches, how disappointing for you.  It is good they found it however,  and can take a proactive stance though.  I know you are not looking forward to more surgery, so we will pray the laparoscopic technique will work for you.  I am sorry this is happening to you, you really have been through enough.

Peaches!

What AZSunny said.

You sure have been through enough already.

Prayers that this goes as easily as possible for you.

{{{hugs}}}

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #370 on: June 11, 2007, 01:05:07 PM »

Peaches - I'm so sorry to hear about this - {{{ Peaches }}}. Really hoping that the invasive surgery won't be required; that's half the battle right there ...

SunFreak had pretty good news; Stage IIB, apparently meaning it's contained to the area of the melanoma. Further surgery at the spot  (margins?) which will be fairly drastic, considering - a 3 or 4 inch diameter hole in her arm. Plus some further treatment, but that I'm not clear about. I talked to her Friday night and she sounded really upbeat.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Artcolley
Monkey Junky

« Reply #371 on: June 11, 2007, 01:08:29 PM »

Thank you all.  I will have Mr. Peaches check in here on Wednesday nite.  I have to check in at 930a for an 11:30 a.m. surgery so by the time he leaves the hospital, he'll have some news.  

I hate to have to have surgery again.  My surgeon is a great guy.  He put in my chest port that I was using for chemo so it's not as if we're not acquainted.  Doesn't make it any better though.  It's still surgery and regular anesthesia.

Peaches I am truly upset by this news. However, I will pray that it is nothing serious and that all turns out well.

I'll be thinking of you.
With all us Monkeys saying our prayers for you, you should be just fine!
Rooscrew
Scared Monkey

« Reply #372 on: June 11, 2007, 01:16:41 PM »

Peaches~
I'm so sorry to hear this afterall you've been thru'. Sending you lots of {{{{hugs}}}}  I'm joining the others and prayers are going up for you for all to go well with the laprascopic surgery. Hoping & praying for a complete recovery as well.

Roos~

AnnieMW1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #373 on: June 11, 2007, 01:20:57 PM »

Peaches -

Stay strong through the final turn.  Since you've known about this for a bit, the good news is you won't have to worry about it anymore once it's out.  Best wishes for a "light" surgery procedure...and a speedy recovery.

Annie.

p.s. Janet, I just LOVE your posts.  They calm my soul amidst my own trials and tribulations!   Wink
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #374 on: June 11, 2007, 01:26:30 PM »

Peaches,

Echoing what everyone else has said, I, too, am so sorry you have to go through this.  We all love you & your spirit, so don't let this get you down.  I'll be praying that the outcome will be a good one.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #375 on: June 11, 2007, 01:49:36 PM »

Quote from: "AnnieMW1"
Peaches -

Stay strong through the final turn.  Since you've known about this for a bit, the good news is you won't have to worry about it anymore once it's out.  Best wishes for a "light" surgery procedure...and a speedy recovery.

Annie.

p.s. Janet, I just LOVE your posts.  They calm my soul amidst my own trials and tribulations!   Wink

Annie ... we are all travelling down this road call life together and ... some of the bumps in the road are impossible to navigate on our own strength.  It is then that we reach out to other for support ... we reach out to God for the strength and peace that only He can give ... "the peace that passes all understanding".

Annie ... today you encouraged me with your words.  Thank you.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #376 on: June 11, 2007, 03:26:13 PM »

Easy this one is for you
LOS ANGELES -        Paris Hilton says she will no longer "act dumb."

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #377 on: June 11, 2007, 03:36:36 PM »

http://www.24ora.com/  06/11/2007

Turista a fayece na The Mill Resort  

Dialuna mainta un persona ta bin topa cu e curpa sin bida di un persona. Esaki a sosode na The Mill Resort. Ta trata aki di un turista cu nacionalidad Americano cu inoficialmente nos por compronde a muri acausa natural. Dokter a bini na e sitio pa asina constata morto.

Online Pap translation:

tourist owing to fayece at the mill resort monday morning one person is come come across cu the curpa without life of one person. this owing to sosode at the mill resort. is deal here of one tourist cu nacionalidad americano cu inoficialmente we can compronde owing to die acausa natural. doctor owing to come at the sitio for so constata dead.

American tourist found dead at Mill Resort today (Monday 6/11/07). Unofficially understood to be natural causes.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #378 on: June 11, 2007, 04:03:04 PM »

Peaches,

I know this is disappointing and I wish I could give you a huge hug right now, but please remember because of all this vigilance and heads-up by your doctors they are catching this sooner than later. It's all about managing it, it doesn't make it any easier for you to endure, but they caught it and perhaps early enough to keep this laproscopic. God blessed you thusfar and God will again, I'm praying for that for you and your sweet family. Godspeed and we all are with you !

O/T but the Inverness country club in Tuscaloosa is on fire, these fires are spreading closer in AL to structures, all of our AL and TN monkeys along with GA please be safe and careful !

I continue to stand with the girl.
blah
Monkey Junky

« Reply #379 on: June 11, 2007, 04:51:58 PM »

Quote from: "Blonde"
Easy this one is for you
LOS ANGELES -        Paris Hilton says she will no longer "act dumb."

I really dont think she has the ability to "act smart"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.