May 07, 2024, 04:12:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #7 3/14/09 - 3/18/09  (Read 315732 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1920 on: March 18, 2009, 01:41:08 PM »

HH quote:  Well  Im sure CVZ would have, but until someone mentions it to him, then how do we know that he has heard about it???

Maybe I read wrong...I thought that IM had seen the info on CVZ 's message board and went from there....no?

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1921 on: March 18, 2009, 01:42:25 PM »

Well IMO, about the teacher that posted on that blog about Haleighs hand s in boiling water, I for one believe that IM did the right thing in giving the info to the right person and letting them handle it and find out if it is true or not, In this case thats what its gonna take, start with everything you hearand discard them one by one and eventually when you get to the bottom of the stack there;s gonna be only the truth left, that will be the one thing that cant be desgarded, thats just how thing have to be done,   Let no stone go unturned..........eventually something will be under one when you pick it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITA agree HH.. It doesn't matter who reported this to the police if this is was an incident that happened to Haleigh whether it was IM, CVZ ,  teachers , neighbors or all of them... Let them investigated it... Any info to bring Haleigh home..

Let no stone be unturned...
Hey Jersey ,  thats the way I see it,  the only way to move this investigation forward is to go back and pick up the trail and follow it, especially since Mistie doesnt seem to want get her story straight,  something will lead somewhere!!!!!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1922 on: March 18, 2009, 01:43:28 PM »

but aren't teacher obligated to report any signs of abuse down there to LE? My son is a teacher and he is bound to report any sort of abuse where we live...I should think that if this teacher or any of Haleigh's teachers noticed abuse they should have reported it..
also, did Jr go to preschool since he just turned 4? kids around here generally start at 3, not always....those teachers should be trained to spot abuse as well and report it..
Yes, teachers are definately obligated to report any *signs* of abuse.  I was speaking in generalities, not just about physical abuse.  If I/we see ANY physcial sign of abuse, we are beating down the door to CPS.

Some things we hear, we have to sift through.....I had a student talking about how he had to sleep in the garage.....father, stepmother, and 2 stepsisters slept in the house.  He and his brother had the garage, sleeping on a bedroll next to the diesel truck.  Bottom line, their rooms were being remodeled, the boys admitted to wanting to sleep out there (ugh), and so, yes....there was that grain of truth.  These 2 guys just wanted to play the shock factor to the other 8th-graders!

By the way, in my district, some students (at-risk or low-income or learning disabled) do start in public schools at 4 years.  Generally, most start kindergarten at age 5.

Kudos to your son for being an educator.  Some days I consider it combat duty with the 8th-graders. 

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1923 on: March 18, 2009, 01:43:28 PM »

If there is any substance to what is being said, reported or gossiped about, Child and Family Services are going to investigate it. The lawyer knows that hearsay gossip and innuendo aren't going to cut it, they need first hand eye witnesess
information and I assume that is what she turned over to DFS. If there is a child at risk, it needs to be dealt with. If it is unfounded, it is up to all the agencies and LE to make that determination. And heaven help them if they don't and something happens to the other little one. Is Crystal willing to just stand silent ? I guess not, she got that lawyer for a reason and it will all come out in good time.   

I meant to get back to this one...good post Kat...

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1924 on: March 18, 2009, 01:43:46 PM »

Well.. I just want to toss this into the mix.   

Whether Misty did or did not burn Haleigh's hands, or any other possible abuse, doesn't necessarily mean that Ron knew what she may have done, or participated.  Even tho it does appear that Ron has a temper. 

It's quite possible that *if* Misty was abusive to the kids, that she may then have given Ron a plausible reason/excuse that made sense to him re any possible injuries to the kids. 

And wouldn't that be a kicker *if* it's found that the children were indeed abused.  *If* it's found that Misty was the abuser.  *If* it's found that Ron had nothing to do with any of it, along with no knowledge of it. 

How would that affect a custody battle?  Him now being married to Misty. 

Food for thought... 

Pass the Rolaids, please.

Wykers...anything is possible in this case for God's sake!

how many times do we hear at trials and during investigations of how the step parent was abusing the children and the parent didn't know about it? hard to believe, I would know if there was a scratch on my kids hand or leg and it would be explained how he got it...but some people choose not to confront or want to believe that it happened right under their own noses..

I personally don't think that ron or misty or crystal were abusive to either of these kids ...jmo...Ron admitted that he spanked the kids...some people have a problem with parenting in this way as well....consider it abuse...I know that when we were kids, we were beat with a belt by our father...on our butts but somehow, sometimes, that belt strap went down to our little legs...left lots of bruises and belt marks...so it is no wonder that I am against spanking of any kind with an object other than a hand...but that is just me...others may think that there is nothing wrong with it...
I hope that if Haleigh is no longer with us, that the short life that she had was a happy one and did not have abuse of any kind in it...
but, I am still thinking that she is alive and will be found.....hope soon!

Very true, Cookie, yep!! 

I too hope that Haleigh is alive and well. 

*looks down long long list of theories... yep there it is!* 

One can only hope....

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1925 on: March 18, 2009, 01:45:14 PM »

Wycks~I hope you know I was teasing about the Rolaids.[/color]

Oh yeah, I got that!      

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1926 on: March 18, 2009, 01:45:39 PM »

but aren't teacher obligated to report any signs of abuse down there to LE? My son is a teacher and he is bound to report any sort of abuse where we live...I should think that if this teacher or any of Haleigh's teachers noticed abuse they should have reported it..
also, did Jr go to preschool since he just turned 4? kids around here generally start at 3, not always....those teachers should be trained to spot abuse as well and report it..
Yes, teachers are definately obligated to report any *signs* of abuse.  I was speaking in generalities, not just about physical abuse.  If I/we see ANY physcial sign of abuse, we are beating down the door to CPS.

Some things we hear, we have to sift through.....I had a student talking about how he had to sleep in the garage.....father, stepmother, and 2 stepsisters slept in the house.  He and his brother had the garage, sleeping on a bedroll next to the diesel truck.  Bottom line, their rooms were being remodeled, the boys admitted to wanting to sleep out there (ugh), and so, yes....there was that grain of truth.  These 2 guys just wanted to play the shock factor to the other 8th-graders!

By the way, in my district, some students (at-risk or low-income or learning disabled) do start in public schools at 4 years.  Generally, most start kindergarten at age 5.

Kudos to your son for being an educator.  Some days I consider it combat duty with the 8th-graders. 

kudos right back at ya! He started out being a grade school teacher and now he is at the High school...it is brutal!

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1927 on: March 18, 2009, 01:46:57 PM »

HH quote:  Well  Im sure CVZ would have, but until someone mentions it to him, then how do we know that he has heard about it???

Maybe I read wrong...I thought that IM had seen the info on CVZ 's message board and went from there....no?
But do we know he had read it  already, do we know how often he reads up there, do we know that he did in fact, tell someone, NO.....so whats the harm in double checking, NONE......there's alot of stuff being said, and if they had already checked it then fine, no harm done, but if not then now they can,    why is it such a big deal, I turned in the same info to another source and if they already have it then by all means....set it to the side, say thanks for the info but we have already checked  that out and thats that!!!!!! Id rather be safe then sorry!!!!!!!!!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1928 on: March 18, 2009, 01:47:08 PM »

Wykers...that is about all we have left at this point is hope! but I have plenty of it!
xxxxxx

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1929 on: March 18, 2009, 01:47:16 PM »

This is a question and not facts . Wasn't there mention of a couch on the front porch ? When the children were outside eating and said hello to grandma ?
Interesting, now I am wondering why a couch would be on a front porch.

morning Dolce..    there are a lot of folks who live in the woods, who keep what most would consider house furnature, on their front porch.
I have rocking chairs, but, I see a lot of sofas, mostly in the lower paid folks homes.
Don't we have a pic somewhere of the front of the house?
Thank you for the explanation Mio.  That is, um, different!  My HOA would have a coniption fit if we moved our furniture to the front lanai.  LOL

Am thinking that anyone who thinks of their porch as 'lanai', would want a couch out there.     It's all in one's perspective, that's all.  Gosh, have you seen what some self-described rednecks use as a swimming pool?     A lined back end of the truck!!  What would your HOA say to that being out front?   LOL  Even my sons would be going ermmmm wtf? 

I am not sure how to just reply. it was post on another site that Ron did not smoke in the house. so they put the couch on the porch for smoking. and that it was a nice couch.  I don't post alot because i am not sure how to reply or do anything else

I've heard that too, memaw! 

You posted just fine!  Jump on in with the rest of us and get your feet more wet!   

memaw
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1930 on: March 18, 2009, 01:48:39 PM »

Memaw, you will get the hang to posting, believe me if I can anyone can  It took me awhile to figure everything out. 
I do i get get a cute monkey for my  atvstar like eveyone else. I want one
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1931 on: March 18, 2009, 01:50:19 PM »

PUTNAM COUNTY, FL -- A man arrested for sexual acts on children stopped by the foundation to help find Haleigh Tuesday afternoon, according to the man who is organizing donations for the family.

Jeremiah Regan has been painting and renovating the small building on US 17 this week.

Tuesday Regan told First Coast News, "This gentleman pulled in here and said, 'I don't want any recognition. I don't want anyone to know my name. I heard you need office supplies for the foundation for Haleigh.'"

Regan said the man told him he had furniture at his house he would donate.

Then Regan said he heard the man mention his name to a reporter from Orlando.

"The reporter asked the man his name and he said, 'Snodgrass. Daniel Snodgrass.' A nd that name went BING in my head," Regan told First Coast News.

Daniel Snodgrass was arrested in 2007 on two charges. One was sexual battery on a child as well as a lewd and lascivious charge involving a child.

Regan said he knew of Snodgrass' name and alleged history because he and others have been researching the area.

One man doing some of that research is private investigator William Staubs.

Staubs told First Coast News, "I'm an agent in bail bonds and I'm pulling all the records on the child molesters and child pedophiles... that are out on bond."

Regan said he waited for a colleague, Art Harris, to arrive at the headquarters before traveling to Snodgrass' home just a couple miles away.

Harris is an independent journalist, most known for his program called The Bald Truth. He said he saw desks and chairs at Snodgrass' home.

However, Harris had also investigated various individuals in the Satsuma area and had heard of Snodgrass.

Harris told First Coast New he asked Snodgrass if he had on an ankle monitor and Snodgrass said that he did.

Harris said, "It's a little strange that an accused child molester with an ankle bracelet... would come here to make a community contribution."

Snodgrass is out of jail on bond. His trial is set for this summer.

Captain Dick Schauland with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office said investigators have checked into Snodgrass' location the night Haleigh Cummings disappeared. Schauland said the company which monitors Snodgrass' movements via GPS indicates he was not near Haleigh on February 9th.

Regan says he will not take any donations from a person who has been arrested for sex crimes with children.

Regan said, "I will not accept anything from someone of that character or stature. I refuse to."

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=134030&catid=295
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1932 on: March 18, 2009, 01:52:39 PM »

Good morning Monkeys!

Mother of Missing Girl Accusing Father of Abuse

By
Jeremy Ratliff
@ March 18, 2009 6:48 AM Permalink

The mother of Haleigh Cummings is accusing the girl's father of abusing his two kids.

Crystal Sheffield's attorney Kim Picazio tells our news partner Channel Four that Ronald Cummings abused both of his kids.

"Still, there are laws here that need to be adhered to," says Picazio.  "It's legally and morally wrong, and he needs to be brought to justice."

They are filing a complaint with the Department of Children and Families to get custody of Haleigh's younger brother.

Family members of Ronald Cummings say these claims are completely false.

The D.C.F. says it is checking out the claims.

Haleigh has been missing more than a month and police continue to say they have no idea where she is.

http://wokv.com/localnews/2009/03/morther-of-missing-girl-accusi.html

Well that contradicts what Kim said just yesterday that she was not suing for custody at this time.   She sure doesnt make any bones about making serious allegations not unlike her client & her mother, they better have some very solid evidence and not hearsay after making blanant statements publicly similar to the attempt to say Ron abused Haleigh when it was a witnessed school accident that the school & medical personnel reportedly confirmed....that being said if it can be proven he did beyond speculation, hearsay, or coerced statements of a minor by an adult you bet he should be prosecuted.

They are talking about another incident and they have a first hand witness ready to testify, however IMO Misty and possibly Ron should be prosecuted for obstructing an investigation. If I were Crystal, I'd have filed so fast it would have made their head spin, after all Haleigh did "get stole on the dumb biatch girlfriends" watch, and they have both continued their CoverMy@ss mode and that is NOT helping to bring Haleigh home

good morning, im.....did I read where you went to satsuma?
I agree with your words and thoughts. Bottom line, is Haleigh is missing.

No, I wish~that was HH, I have talked with Marie several times, and she gave me another contact who is there now to give some info I discovered........I thought it may have been bunk, but it was easy to check out because it was "allegedly" from a local HS teacher who had overheard Misty's friends and relatives talking about how much she disliked Haleigh (I'd go with jealousy) and how she had burned her hands in water for punishment.......this contact has the power to find out if this is true or not, and told me that he had heard very similar stories since his arrival.

IM...respectfully, I am shocked that you would repeat such a thing without knowing for sure that this is true...this sounds all like a bunch of hear say and gossip to me....sorry if this offends you but I think that some of this stuff in my opinion is just going way beyond what should or should not be discussed....just me saying this and you carry on, it is your priority of course but I again, am shocked....

?????? This has been "out there" since last weekend..........did U miss it? I sent it to the proper authorities for them to track the IP and either prove or disprove.............

Maybe I AM wrong, but this is a discussion forum last time I checked and anything I see that says it comes from a local teacher should be looked at, and NO you do NOT offend me, I call it as I see it and it's your priority to either read the post or skip over it Cookie.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
lady
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1933 on: March 18, 2009, 01:52:51 PM »

Well IMO, about the teacher that posted on that blog about Haleighs hand s in boiling water, I for one believe that IM did the right thing in giving the info to the right person and letting them handle it and find out if it is true or not, In this case thats what its gonna take, start with everything you hearand discard them one by one and eventually when you get to the bottom of the stack there;s gonna be only the truth left, that will be the one thing that cant be desgarded, thats just how thing have to be done,   Let no stone go unturned..........eventually something will be under one when you pick it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ITA agree HH.. It doesn't matter who reported this to the police if this is was an incident that happened to Haleigh whether it was IM, CVZ ,  teachers , neighbors or all of them... Let them investigated it... Any info to bring Haleigh home..

Let no stone be unturned...
I agree..Gotta go to work now...Bye
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1934 on: March 18, 2009, 01:52:55 PM »

Memaw, you will get the hang to posting, believe me if I can anyone can  It took me awhile to figure everything out. 
I do i get get a cute monkey for my  atvstar like eveyone else. I want one
Memaw ~ head over to the Monkey Lounge, and CBB will set you up!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1935 on: March 18, 2009, 01:54:49 PM »

But do we know he had read it  already, do we know how often he reads up there, do we know that he did in fact, tell someone, NO.....so whats the harm in double checking, NONE......there's alot of stuff being said, and if they had already checked it then fine, no harm done, but if not then now they can,    why is it such a big deal, I turned in the same info to another source and if they already have it then by all means....set it to the side, say thanks for the info but we have already checked  that out and thats that!!!!!! Id rather be safe then sorry!!!!!!!!!

I am not real familiar with his message board...I have read it a few times....I thought that if it was on there that he answered the questions put to him..that I have seen...but I leave it to you to know if that is right or not...and there is no harm in double checking....you are correct there as well....being safe rather than sorry is my policy as well...that is why I don't believe everything that I hear and repeat it as well...
Lets just agree to disagree in regards to facts vs hearsay shall we?

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1936 on: March 18, 2009, 01:57:33 PM »

Hi HH!  Do you have a link to that blog where the teacher posted this.  If so, would you please share.  Thanks!

Heart
minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #1937 on: March 18, 2009, 01:57:49 PM »

I wonder why the teacher didn't report it to someone instead of posting it on a blog.

MM
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1938 on: March 18, 2009, 02:01:25 PM »

I am not real familiar with his message board...I have read it a few times....I thought that if it was on there that he answered the questions put to him..that I have seen...but I leave it to you to know if that is right or not...and there is no harm in double checking....you are correct there as well....being safe rather than sorry is my policy as well...that is why I don't believe everything that I hear and repeat it as well...
Lets just agree to disagree in regards to facts vs hearsay shall we?
Well I do not repeat everything I hear as well and as far as fact vs. hearsay goes, who can tell the difference until it is IVESTIGATED and proved to be one or the other........If I agree to disregard everything on here as either fact or hearsay, well most of the posts would just dissapear!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1939 on: March 18, 2009, 02:01:28 PM »

Wykers...that is about all we have left at this point is hope! but I have plenty of it!
xxxxxx

For sure Cookie!  From what we have heard from LE, it seems that there is no evidence pointing in either direction.  So until/unless LE finds something, or finally tells us something... then... we have to hang onto hope.  IMO.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.