May 22, 2024, 11:07:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #155 1/19/10 - 2/23/10  (Read 446542 times)
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #880 on: January 27, 2010, 06:54:20 PM »

Thank-you Sunny that does make sense, never thought about that. I didn't know what was meant by that statement.
Yes, thank you from me too, it really does make sense. I tell you, the hair stood up on the back of my neck when I read that though!

I understand that feeling!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #881 on: January 27, 2010, 06:55:24 PM »

I was just over at Blinks, reading about Morgan Harrington's parents news conference. This was written out....

Gil: “For the first time in 101 days, I am not thinking, ‘What is he doing to her?’ She did not live through that concert. She was not alive long enduring unspeakable things. That girl even had some lovely bones. ”

I mean no disrespect towards the Harringtons what so ever, my heart is breaking for them, but her statement, That girl even had some lovely bones., just jumped out at me due to Casey and Cindy often referring to Caylee as that girl, or that child. Then it occurred to me that maybe, that is the way people refer to someone who has died!    And if so, then Casey and Cindy were subconsciously saying Caylee was dead from very early in the investigation. I mean, DCF even made notation about that phrase being used.  Does any of this make any sense.....is referring to someone deceased as "that" person common?

Again, no disrespect meant towards the Harringtons at all.

I asked a psychologist friend of mine quite a while back about why the A's would refer to Caylee as that child or my granddaughter instead of her name....my friend said this is often a means of protection or insulation for the person speaking....if I don't say her name..it won't hurt so badly kind of thing.

no disrespect to the Harringtons's either....but what a weird statement....she even had lovely bones.....I think Mr. Harrington is going to have a complete breakdown!

Maybe it is a reference to the book/movie "The lovely bones" in which a young girl is murdered- she watches over her family from heaven. She is torn between exacting revenge and allowing her family to heal.    JMO.

Hi WO..possible, but IMO still a very odd statement for a father to make.

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #882 on: January 27, 2010, 07:01:41 PM »

I was just over at Blinks, reading about Morgan Harrington's parents news conference. This was written out....

Gil: “For the first time in 101 days, I am not thinking, ‘What is he doing to her?’ She did not live through that concert. She was not alive long enduring unspeakable things. That girl even had some lovely bones. ”

I mean no disrespect towards the Harringtons what so ever, my heart is breaking for them, but her statement, That girl even had some lovely bones., just jumped out at me due to Casey and Cindy often referring to Caylee as that girl, or that child. Then it occurred to me that maybe, that is the way people refer to someone who has died!    And if so, then Casey and Cindy were subconsciously saying Caylee was dead from very early in the investigation. I mean, DCF even made notation about that phrase being used.  Does any of this make any sense.....is referring to someone deceased as "that" person common?

Again, no disrespect meant towards the Harringtons at all.

I asked a psychologist friend of mine quite a while back about why the A's would refer to Caylee as that child or my granddaughter instead of her name....my friend said this is often a means of protection or insulation for the person speaking....if I don't say her name..it won't hurt so badly kind of thing.

no disrespect to the Harringtons's either....but what a weird statement....she even had lovely bones.....I think Mr. Harrington is going to have a complete breakdown!

Maybe it is a reference to the book/movie "The lovely bones" in which a young girl is murdered- she watches over her family from heaven. She is torn between exacting revenge and allowing her family to heal.    JMO.

Yes, odd. That was the only thing I could think he meant by it though..
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #883 on: January 27, 2010, 07:24:43 PM »

It's Mrs. Harrington who says it at 4:52 in this video-from a Charlottesville newspaper, The Daily Progress:

http://www2.dailyprogress.com/cdp/news/local/crime/article/video_harringtons_deliver_emotional_message/51497/

I think she is just plain exhausted.
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #884 on: January 27, 2010, 08:33:28 PM »

I'm not a shrink, but I'm a social worker lite, and I agree with the shrink (I'm too tired to spell her proper title, no disrespect intended). By not using the victim's name, the family doesn't have to keep taking that stake in their heart. It's almost child-like..."If I don't see her body, say her name, hear her name, maybe she won't really be dead. I mean, I know she's dead, but these are little tactics that keep me from spinning off the face of earth". I understand that strategy.

However, when it comes to the Ants, I don't give them a pass...just because I hate them so much. Maybe if I had only heard snippets and well crafted interviews, I'd feel some sympathy. Actually, at the very beginning, I did feel sympathy...but that only lasted about a month. Now I feel they are every bit the monsters that parented the monster who killed their granddaughter.

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
ccndixie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #885 on: January 27, 2010, 11:48:45 PM »

So, I guess all things considered, it was a pretty good day after all.  We didn't get ALL we wanted (who does?) but she is a FELON, 5 or 6 times over and that is pretty satisfying to me.   Appears the real trial is going to be delayed for as long as the defense can manage, so I will just go on back to lurking and being impressed with the rest of you monkeys and your thoughts and opinions.  Keep fighting the good fight for baby Kaylee.

CCN, please don't lurk.  Join us.  Your dog is beautiful!

Why, thank you Bearly!  You are most kind.  I very much enjoy keeping up with all the discussions here and am just in awe of the knowledge some of the monkeys have and are willing to share with the rest of us.  Thanks also for your comment about Dixie - she is a very good girl.  I look forward to checking back in with you guys.
ccndixie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #886 on: January 28, 2010, 12:52:55 AM »

Can anyone remember the last time we saw Linda K Baden at the defense table??  I thinks she has just quietly slipped away.
Possibilities:
1.  Andrea killed her due to jealousy over LKB's beautiful blonde hair. 
2.  Zanny got her.
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #887 on: January 28, 2010, 01:15:17 AM »

Can anyone remember the last time we saw Linda K Baden at the defense table??  I thinks she has just quietly slipped away.
Possibilities:
1.  Andrea killed her due to jealousy over LKB's beautiful blonde hair. 
2.  Zanny got her.

Kronk taped her up and threw her in the back of Jose's car!   
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #888 on: January 28, 2010, 05:58:39 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys.   

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/os-casey-anthony-20100127,0,2772056.story
Casey Anthony's attorneys want meter reader Roy Kronk investigated
10:41 p.m. EST, January 27, 2010
Prosecutors have no doubt about the identity of 2-year-old Caylee Marie Anthony's killer. Her 23-year-old mother, Casey Anthony, did it, and she's the only suspect they ever had, they say.

But now Anthony's attorneys are stepping up efforts to put someone else under a microscope — the man who found the toddler's remains.

Roy Kronk discovered what was left of the toddler when he was a meter reader for Orange County in December 2008, nearly five months after the Anthony family reported her missing.

The idea that Kronk should be a suspect — an idea first raised by Anthony's defense team in November — is one experts that say is designed to raise doubts among jurors during Anthony's murder trial.

It's also an idea that's not going away anytime soon, even though Kronk and his attorney steadfastly dispute the allegation.

Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against Anthony, who has pleaded not guilty.

This week, her lead attorney, Jose Baez, said on national television that she won't admit to guilt in the murder trial, as she did Monday in an unrelated check-fraud case.

On the same day Anthony was found guilty of six theft-related charges, a judge cleared the way for her defense team to dig up more on violence allegations in Kronk's past.
Orange County Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland is allowing her team to question Jill Kerley, one of Kronk's former wives, under oath.

Kerley already told a private investigator for the Anthony team that Kronk once tied her up with duct tape and kidnapped her for two weeks, records say. Her allegations were videotaped and released to the media.

Duct tape is central to Caylee Anthony's death. Forensic evidence released by the State Attorney's Office shows the toddler's mouth was covered by duct tape when she died.

It is not clear whether Kerley ever filed a criminal complaint against Kronk. Florida records show he doesn't have a criminal history in this state.

Tennessee criminal records show Kerley is a convicted felon who is on probation. Records show she has been charged several times with writing bad checks as far back as 1998.

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation records also indicate that Kerley, who is a nurse, was arrested in 2000 on a controlled-substance charge. The outcome of that case was not available.

If her testimony is entered into the record, it's likely prosecutors will point to her criminal past.

Kronk's attorney said his client doesn't have a violent past, never hurt his ex-wives and had nothing to do with Caylee other than finding her bones.

"This is the continuation of a series of stories that the defense has had to cobble together to come up with a way to defend this case," attorney David Evans said. "To me, the suggestion that Roy Kronk should be suspect makes even less sense than the nanny story."

Evans was referring to the person Anthony said abducted her daughter — a nanny named Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez, who investigators said doesn't exist.
Even though court papers filed by Anthony's attorneys say Kronk should be a suspect, Baez said, "We've never pointed the finger at him."

He called Kronk a critical witness: "We believe he should have been looked into."

Asked about what connection there could be between Kronk and Caylee, Baez replied, "That's nothing that we're going to discuss at this time. We're going to bring it out in court."

Detectives with the Orange County Sheriff's Office and the Federal Bureau of Investigation have spoken to Kronk at length on several occasions, Evans said. The Sheriff's Office said Kronk was never a suspect in the case.

The focus on Kronk is aimed at raising doubts among jurors as well as discrediting Kronk, a witness for the state, according to Orlando attorney Mark O'Mara.

"This is something that the defense can look at and can either expose or maybe even inflate, because one of their jobs in a case like this is to show or expose reasonable doubt," he said.

Evans said he is not concerned about what Kronk's ex-wife might say under oath.

"It's one thing to spew venom to a private investigator, but a different scenario when you're under oath and being cross-examined," Evans said.

Amy L. Edwards of the Sentinel staff contributed to this report. Bianca Prieto can be reached at bprieto@orlandosentinel.com or 407-420-5620.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #889 on: January 28, 2010, 08:34:30 AM »

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/
The Defense’s claim of missing Discovery

Posted on January 28th, 2010 by by Valhall

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #890 on: January 28, 2010, 08:44:01 AM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-7403-Tampa-Crime-Examiner~y2010m1d28-Casey-Anthony-update-Jose-Baez-says-no-plea-deal-on-murder-charges
Casey Anthony update: Jose Baez says no plea deal on murder charges
January 28, 2:31 AMTampa Crime ExaminerCharisse Van Horn
Casey Anthony update: Jose Baez says no plea deal on murder charges

Casey Anthony appeared in court on January 25, 2010 and pleaded guilty on six charges of check fraud. Revealing a side much different than that of the partying, defiant Casey who cursed within an Orange County jail, Casey cried and apologized to everyone for her actions. The plea has caused many to speculate that Casey will accept a plea deal on charges she murdered her daughter, Caylee. If Casey is convicted of first degree murder, she will face the death penalty.

Jose Baez spoke on a televised program and addressed whether or not Casey would accept a plea deal on murder charges. When asked if there would be a plea bargain in the murder case he stated,

Absolutely not. Casey Anthony is not guilty. She`s pled not guilty, and this is going to trial.

Though Jose Baez also stated that Casey Anthony was remorseful for the check fraud and had intended to plead guilty, some feel that she only plead guilty because she had no other option. Some also feel that Casey Anthony’s tears are not genuine, and are not for Caylee but for herself.

Casey Anthony is now a convicted felon with six felonies under her belt. When she stands before a Florida judge and jury, she may find that those guilty pleas will impact her credibility. The guilty plea may also result in the defense’s decision not to put Casey Anthony on the stand.
 Casey Anthony weeps in a courtroom of the Orange County Courthouse after she was found guilty on six counts of check fraud and adjudicated on seven other counts in Orlando, Fla., Monday, Jan. 25, 2010. She remains jailed, charged with first-degree murder for the death of her 2-year-old daughter,

~ Peter Frampton
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #891 on: January 28, 2010, 09:09:53 AM »

I've been following Morgan's case as well and wanted to add my 2 pennies to the "that girl" and "lovely bones" discussion.

Yes, it does stand out to me. But who knows what I would say or do had this been my daughter. I don't know, and so help me God, I do not ever want to know.

Here is what I thought ... "that girl" sounds like reminiscing to me. "Oh my little Jane, remember the time that girl asked me how much money I made in while we were in line at the grocery store?" That girl ...

That child -- well, this even removes the gender. More of an "it." And add to that we pretty much know why Casey used this term -- to distance herself from that child, that past she'd so neatly "disposed" of.

Lovely bones -- she loved her daughter right down to the bones, those same bones had been there all along, holding her up, supporting her, growing. And that is basically all that is physically left of her, so it is something to "cling" to, something to look at, something left of her Morgan. 

Also, keep in mind, Gil is a writer, not sure of her profession, but it is obvious to me she is a natural writer. She may express things in a more poetic or symbolic way than many others. She may "strip away" and get to the heart of the issue -- much as she did when she made the "skeleton" comment a while back.

so, FWIW there is my 2 pennies. 

I remember you, Caylee.
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #892 on: January 28, 2010, 09:19:06 AM »

Hey Goodandmad, it's great to see you!  

Believe it or not, I just caught up reading about Monday's hearing. Thank you everyone that posted the pics. it helps alot! Is Andrea the big trannie? Is she an important part of the defense like Linda Baden? Just wondering. Also, Casey has lost ALOT of weight! Wonder if she cut out the snacks or has been working out alot, because she actually looks thin!! I guess Jose likes her thinner   Anyways, lets get on with the big trial already!!!!  

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #893 on: January 28, 2010, 02:51:05 PM »

Lyon went on all the morning shows on Tuesday saying the media should look at themselves.  Has she looked at herself in a mirror lately? 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #894 on: January 28, 2010, 03:06:04 PM »

Good Morning Monkeys.   

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/os-casey-anthony-20100127,0,2772056.story
Casey Anthony's attorneys want meter reader Roy Kronk investigated
10:41 p.m. EST, January 27, 2010
Prosecutors have no doubt about the identity of 2-year-old Caylee Marie Anthony's killer. Her 23-year-old mother, Casey Anthony, did it, and she's the only suspect they ever had, they say.

But now Anthony's attorneys are stepping up efforts to put someone else under a microscope — the man who found the toddler's remains.

Roy Kronk discovered what was left of the toddler when he was a meter reader for Orange County in December 2008, nearly five months after the Anthony family reported her missing.

The idea that Kronk should be a suspect — an idea first raised by Anthony's defense team in November — is one experts that say is designed to raise doubts among jurors during Anthony's murder trial.

It's also an idea that's not going away anytime soon, even though Kronk and his attorney steadfastly dispute the allegation.

Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against Anthony, who has pleaded not guilty.

This week, her lead attorney, Jose Baez, said on national television that she won't admit to guilt in the murder trial, as she did Monday in an unrelated check-fraud case.

On the same day Anthony was found guilty of six theft-related charges, a judge cleared the way for her defense team to dig up more on violence allegations in Kronk's past.
Orange County Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland is allowing her team to question Jill Kerley, one of Kronk's former wives, under oath.

Kerley already told a private investigator for the Anthony team that Kronk once tied her up with duct tape and kidnapped her for two weeks, records say. Her allegations were videotaped and released to the media.

Duct tape is central to Caylee Anthony's death. Forensic evidence released by the State Attorney's Office shows the toddler's mouth was covered by duct tape when she died.

It is not clear whether Kerley ever filed a criminal complaint against Kronk. Florida records show he doesn't have a criminal history in this state.

Tennessee criminal records show Kerley is a convicted felon who is on probation. Records show she has been charged several times with writing bad checks as far back as 1998.

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation records also indicate that Kerley, who is a nurse, was arrested in 2000 on a controlled-substance charge. The outcome of that case was not available.

If her testimony is entered into the record, it's likely prosecutors will point to her criminal past.

Kronk's attorney said his client doesn't have a violent past, never hurt his ex-wives and had nothing to do with Caylee other than finding her bones.

"This is the continuation of a series of stories that the defense has had to cobble together to come up with a way to defend this case," attorney David Evans said. "To me, the suggestion that Roy Kronk should be suspect makes even less sense than the nanny story."

Evans was referring to the person Anthony said abducted her daughter — a nanny named Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez, who investigators said doesn't exist.
Even though court papers filed by Anthony's attorneys say Kronk should be a suspect, Baez said, "We've never pointed the finger at him."

He called Kronk a critical witness: "We believe he should have been looked into."

Asked about what connection there could be between Kronk and Caylee, Baez replied, "That's nothing that we're going to discuss at this time. We're going to bring it out in court."

Detectives with the Orange County Sheriff's Office and the Federal Bureau of Investigation have spoken to Kronk at length on several occasions, Evans said. The Sheriff's Office said Kronk was never a suspect in the case.

The focus on Kronk is aimed at raising doubts among jurors as well as discrediting Kronk, a witness for the state, according to Orlando attorney Mark O'Mara.

"This is something that the defense can look at and can either expose or maybe even inflate, because one of their jobs in a case like this is to show or expose reasonable doubt," he said.

Evans said he is not concerned about what Kronk's ex-wife might say under oath.

"It's one thing to spew venom to a private investigator, but a different scenario when you're under oath and being cross-examined," Evans said.

Amy L. Edwards of the Sentinel staff contributed to this report. Bianca Prieto can be reached at bprieto@orlandosentinel.com or 407-420-5620.

Thanks trim.....................BTW, do you EVER sleep!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #895 on: January 28, 2010, 03:10:10 PM »

Lyon went on all the morning shows on Tuesday saying the media should look at themselves.  Has she looked at herself in a mirror lately? 

The defense team BLAME the media for everything...yet they are the ones seeking out the media, they are the only ones talking about the case......do they take their cues from the A's or visa versa????   

Rest in Peace Caylee

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #896 on: January 28, 2010, 03:34:00 PM »

Hey Sunny!.I do sleep,but never all night.   

~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #897 on: January 28, 2010, 04:30:50 PM »

The UDC David A. Clarke School of Law and Jamie Raskin, Professor of
Constitutional Law, American University
Present: Andrea D. Lyon, Professor of Law, DePaul University, nationally
recognized death penalty expert.
Author of "Angel of Death Row: My Life as a Death Penalty Defense Lawyer"

Tuesday, February 2, 2010 6:00 p.m.
the UDC David A. Clarke School of Law
4200 Connecticut Ave. N.W.
Building 39, Room 201
Washington, DC 20008

At the Van Ness-UDC station on the Red Line.
This event is free and open to the public.

RSVP on line at: http://www.law.udc.edu/event/Angel_of_Death_Row

Copies of Angel of Death Row: My Life As a Death Penalty Defense Lawyer
will be available for purchase, and Ms. Lyon will sign books. A wine
reception will precede Ms. Lyon's talk.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BaltimoreActivists/message/18233
Girlzrock
Scared Monkey

Next year, boyz....

« Reply #898 on: January 28, 2010, 04:48:20 PM »

So Monday is the day we will see the exculpatory evidence from Baez? (Was the deadline Feb 1st?)  What happens if the day just rolls on by and there is nothing proffered to the prosecution? 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #899 on: January 28, 2010, 05:10:55 PM »

Oh.....he'll prbably get an extension.

Where in the hell do they think Kronk ran into Caylee?? In the park with Zanny?? Kronk and Zanny must have had a plan... Rolling Eyes This is so beyond stupid 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.