May 13, 2024, 04:32:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hailey Dunn #2 1/12/11 - 1/17/11  (Read 171892 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #480 on: January 14, 2011, 01:06:51 PM »

Boyfriend Now Considered Suspect in Hailey's Disappearance

Colorado City, TX -   Colorado City's City Manager Pete Kampfer confirmed to KTAB News that the boyfriend of Hailey Dunn's mother is now considered a suspect in her disappearance.
Shawn Adkins has not been arrested or taken into custody.

At this point, law enforcement tells us Hailey Dunn's case is primarily a criminal investigation. Texas DPS Senior Trooper Sparky Dean and City Manager Pete Kampfer have said there are several "persons of interest."

Adkins is believed to be the last person to see Hailey alive on the afternoon of Monday, December 27. After failing a polygraph test, Adkins has been staying at a home in Dunn, Texas, After initially being open to interviews, he's no longer speaking out at the request of an attorney. On Friday morning, bigcountryhomepage.com obtained two internet videos that appear to show Adkins smoking pot, cursing, and posing in costume with knives.

Billie Dunn says she no longer knows what to think about the man she dated for so many months.

"I just don't know. I am very confused about it and that is why he is not here (her home) because I don't know," said Dunn about whether Adkins was involved in her daughter's disappearance.

Other people are pointing the finger directly at Adkins.

On Thursday's "Nancy Grace" broadcast on HLN, Hailey's paternal grandmother, Connie Jones, said she fears Adkins has done the worst. Jones told Nancy Grace she's afraid Adkins has killed her granddaughter.

Many of the searchers combing through fields and brush in an attempt to find Hailey also have a growing suspicion about Adkins. Some refused to go on camera with KTAB's Tiffany Tatro Thursday fearing retribution from Adkins. Searcher Freda Radcliff told Tatro things aren't looking good.

"I think it's going to be a horrible outcome," said Radcliff. "The fact that she said she could be found in Scurry County and that they should be looking at both of them. They've done something to her."

Additional search warrants obtained by bigcountryhomepage.com Thursday show investigators seized several electronics from Hailey Dunn's home in an effort to learn more about her whereabouts. They also took a computer from the home of Shawn Adkins' mother that Adkins is believed to have used. The contents of those devices and items were not revealed.

The release of those affidavits followed the release of shocking documents Wednesday that show Billie Dunn and Shawn Adkins failed polygraph exams concerning Hailey's disappearance, held a party after reporting her missing, purchased illegal drugs, and continue to change the stories they're giving to investigators.

Despite all the mounting evidence, the community and law enforcement are trying to remain hopeful and optimistic Hailey could still be found alive. Volunteers are planning additional searches around the town of Dunn on Friday.

Officials now say the information that leads to Hailey's safe return is $15,000. They previously estimated much higher at $25,000.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=331537
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #481 on: January 14, 2011, 01:12:24 PM »

Just to be thorough, lemme do the devil's advocate bit for a sec...

Does anyone know how many cell towers are in the travel vicinity from the Dunn's homes in Colorado City, Tx...Snyder, TX where Billie Jean & Shawn both work...and Shawn's mother's home in Big Spring, TX?

I'm wondering if Shawn's phone could have picked up from that same tower located in or near Colorado City as he was on his way to Big Spring, then as he was going out of range that tower lost signal.

Listen, I doubt it, but kinda want that answer bc it doesn't state in the affidavit that calls were made between 6:35-6:56. It simply states it registered, or hit off of that tower near the home in CCity. It would have pinged just by being on and the battery inside of the phone. I'm wondering if he could have actually been miles away & it still registered on that tower bc it could have been the closest tower near to where he was. Again, just playing devil's advocate.

Furthermore, if Billie Jean left her phone home for her "kids" as she says, then certainly the phone would have pinged or registered on that same tower. So, did it? If it did, it's not in the affidavit or warrant...yet Shawn's is. Why is that? How could the police check out Shawn's phone (where it pinged & how many calls registered on whichever tower) so quickly but not Billie Jean's? The affidavit states Billie Jean volunarily surrendered her cell to officers on 1/4. How did they obtain the info on Shawn so quickly but not on Billie Jean?

I'm starting to wonder if either they're both equally guilty or conversely both innocent in regards to Haleigh's disappearance. Do I think they are to blame? Right now, yes I do, heck yes I most certainly do. Only thing is that something appears "off". Some things just don't add up...starting with Billie.

I keep reminding myself what Jaycee Dugard's family went through. It tore their family apart. Given the surrounding family of Hailey Dunn, certainly some of these friends & family members deserve the scrutiny. Just sayin'...

Is there a link to Verizon towers in the area & surrounding counties?

Does anyone know how many cell towers are in the travel vicinity from the Dunn's homes in Colorado City, Tx...Snyder, TX where Billie Jean & Shawn both work...and Shawn's mother's home in Big Spring, TX?   

Colorado city cell towers that would be in range of BD's house and Snyder cell towers that would be in range of Weaver Pipeline where SA worked.  I do not have SA's mothers address nor BD's work at my finger tips so if you can provide addresses I can get you the towers. You can see that the range for the Colorado City towers do not go past the airport. 

1804 Chestnut Street, Colorado City, TX (Dunn's house)
37 W St, Snyder, TX 79549 (Weaver Services Inc)
2807 Apache Drive, Big Spring, Texas (mom's house)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #482 on: January 14, 2011, 01:13:24 PM »

Wonder what elevated Shawn up to Suspect this morning from POI? 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #483 on: January 14, 2011, 01:17:55 PM »

Just to be thorough, lemme do the devil's advocate bit for a sec...

I'm wondering if Shawn's phone could have picked up from that same tower located in or near Colorado City as he was on his way to Big Spring, then as he was going out of range that tower lost signal.

Listen, I doubt it, but kinda want that answer bc it doesn't state in the affidavit that calls were made between 6:35-6:56. It simply states it registered, or hit off of that tower near the home in CCity. It would have pinged just by being on and the battery inside of the phone. I'm wondering if he could have actually been miles away & it still registered on that tower bc it could have been the closest tower near to where he was. Again, just playing devil's advocate.

Furthermore, if Billie Jean left her phone home for her "kids" as she says, then certainly the phone would have pinged or registered on that same tower. So, did it? If it did, it's not in the affidavit or warrant...yet Shawn's is. Why is that? How could the police check out Shawn's phone (where it pinged & how many calls registered on whichever tower) so quickly but not Billie Jean's? The affidavit states Billie Jean volunarily surrendered her cell to officers on 1/4. How did they obtain the info on Shawn so quickly but not on Billie Jean?

I'm starting to wonder if either they're both equally guilty or conversely both innocent in regards to Haleigh's disappearance. Do I think they are to blame? Right now, yes I do, heck yes I most certainly do. Only thing is that something appears "off". Some things just don't add up...starting with Billie.

I keep reminding myself what Jaycee Dugard's family went through. It tore their family apart. Given the surrounding family of Hailey Dunn, certainly some of these friends & family members deserve the scrutiny. Just sayin'...

Is there a link to Verizon towers in the area & surrounding counties?

Colorado city cell towers that would be in range of BD's house and Snyder cell towers that would be in range of Weaver Pipeline where SA worked.  I do not have SA's mothers address nor BD's work at my finger tips so if you can provide addresses I can get you the towers. You can see that the range for the Colorado City towers do not go past the airport. 

1804 Chestnut Street, Colorado City, TX (Dunn's house)
37 W St, Snyder, TX 79549 (Weaver Services Inc)
2807 Apache Drive, Big Spring, Texas (mom's house)

Thanks!  Big Spring cell towers would not cover Colorado City nor Snyder

Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #484 on: January 14, 2011, 01:22:16 PM »

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26495026/detail.html

NEW FACTS IN HAILEY DUNN CASE: New Document Shows What Was Seized From Vehicle
By George Levesque, KTXS News Director
POSTED: 11:22 am CST January 14, 2011
UPDATED: 11:47 am CST January 14, 2011

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Electric Tape, evidence filters, and debris on a sterile sheet were among the items seized from Billie Jean Dunn's trunk last Friday. KTXS Reported the seizure of that car Friday, January 7th, on KTXS News at Six.

Inventory sheets from investigators have been returned to the Mitchell County Judge, Ray Mayo. These were obtained today by KTXS through the Freedom of Information Act.

Investigators must legally submit what was taken after using a search warrant.

The following property was seized from the Dunn's white 2000 Chevrolet Lumina: -2 Rolls of black electrical tape. -1 Plastic purple cigarette lighter. -6 3M Trace Evidence Collection Filters with trace evidence from vehicle. -Misc. papers -1 Sterile Sheet with debris from trunk of vehicle.

It's not know why those items were taken, and the Texas Rangers have been very tight-lipped as the investigation into Hailey Dunn's disappearance continues.

Question: Why would somebody keep black electrical tape - 2 rolls even - along with a sterile sheet? It compromises the sheet! Just having it in the trunk of the car would compromise the sheet...unless it's still in plastic...

Furthermore, why would Billie Jean feel the need to bring home a sterile sheet? It's not like she could put it on their darn bed! Would Shawn have had access to purchase one? Usually they come in a multi packed box, each individually sealed in plastic. I'm concerned with the sheet. What type was it? Was it the kind that was thick for cadaver blood...or was it thin like they have in doctor's offices? It also could have been thin plastic. Did they give us any other info on the sheet? Maybe a manufacturer #?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #485 on: January 14, 2011, 01:22:40 PM »

I wonder also.   6 3M Trace Evidence Collection Filters with trace evidence from vehicle. -Misc. papers -1 Sterile Sheet with debris from trunk of vehicle.     Does anyone know what those items are?  A sterile sheet, like a bedsheet?
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #486 on: January 14, 2011, 01:25:04 PM »

Yeah, me too...
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #487 on: January 14, 2011, 01:29:43 PM »

corey norwood
Tuesday Jan 4

i am shawn adkins cousin, and it hurts to see everything bad thats being said about him on these sites, he is a member of my family as well as a good friend, he would go outta his way to make you laugh and feel better when you were having a bad day, he is a kindhearted big guy guy and when his name is cleared i hope all the ppl who doubt him feel shame.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/colorado-city-tx/T1FA1VMHCUGFML4NE
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #488 on: January 14, 2011, 01:29:49 PM »

Side note: Klaas, I sure hope Nancy Grace plays those videos tonight. Let's see what Mx Billie Jean has to say about that...

((( Ohhh...I had nooo idea...Honestly...& I shouldn't have to defend myself...I just want everyone to concentrate on finding my daughter...I really didn;t know...I don;t have a computer...blahblahblah )))

Yeah - but ya could use a computer to research & print off all that stuff that was a "hobby" to you. You can think about where to find all that stuff, know how to navigate the internet, look into true crime cases, and so on...but to not look into Shawn or check on your children leaves this Jersey Gal speechless.

I personally think she's dumbing herself down.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #489 on: January 14, 2011, 01:30:59 PM »

Is there digging going on under Billie's house today?

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #490 on: January 14, 2011, 01:32:34 PM »

I wonder also.   6 3M Trace Evidence Collection Filters with trace evidence from vehicle. -Misc. papers -1 Sterile Sheet with debris from trunk of vehicle.     Does anyone know what those items are?  A sterile sheet, like a bedsheet?
Could it mean that LE used a sterile sheet to gather debris or evidence from the trunk.  that is kinda how I took it - IDK - maybe they are qualifying what they used to gather hair/fiber/debris/dirt??
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #491 on: January 14, 2011, 01:37:20 PM »

Northern Rose, a sterile sheet is like something in a doctor's office. Think of a gyno appt. The lay it over the bed and throw it away after the patient gets up. They come in various sizes & thicknesses. They also come as a thin plastic to use as a drape or cover during operations. This is why I asked for the manufacturer #.

The 6 3M collection filters are something that the forensic team brings in. They use a vacuum type device with these filters to collect even the tiniest particles of trace evidence...ie microscopic carpet fibers, skin, old blood that may have been cleaned up, etc.
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #492 on: January 14, 2011, 01:37:26 PM »

The pictures scare me--and I though I'd seen everything.  These people are sick.

No matter how innocent Billie Dunn may try to portray herself, and it is possible she had nothing to do with her daughter's disappearance and probably murder, she isn't innocent. It was she who allowed her scum boyfriend to move into her house knowing there was a young girl living there.  It may be that he was after Hailey, not Billie.  I have read that that happens a lot. 

I'm from a different generation where young men and women didn't just move in together at the drop of a hat.  I'm not particularly condemning it, just it is not something which was acceptable to most people.  I don't even allow an unmarried  young man and woman to use the same bedroom when they visit me.  They are put in separate bedrooms and sometimes on separate floors.  What they do when they are not in my house is not my business, but it sure as h*ll is when they are under my roof.  I know that many people have a different idea about this and that's  OK. This is just mine.

IMO a mother's primary responsibility is to protect her children.  Moving this guy in who apparently does have a sordid past, along with his cohorts and relatives, was not protecting Hailey.  It was exposing Hailey to danger.  This danger apparently did come to fruition.  As Fannie Mae said in an earlier post, some women must have a man to validate themselves.  I think she's right.  And I think it's very sad that one's identity depends on another person, i.e. some man who moves into your house. One would think that in this day and age, with women having successful careers and responsibilities and who support themselves, rarely  dreamed by women of my generation, some of them are still programmed to judge their worth by whether or not they can attract a man--apparently any man.

If a mother fails to protect her children, it doesn't matter what else she does in life.  Her life is worthless.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #493 on: January 14, 2011, 01:38:25 PM »

Could it mean that LE used a sterile sheet to gather debris or evidence from the trunk.  that is kinda how I took it - IDK - maybe they are qualifying what they used to gather hair/fiber/debris/dirt??
You know, I think you are right, read it again and that makes sense.
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #494 on: January 14, 2011, 01:38:55 PM »

Could the sterile sheet be something the police use to put the items from the trunk in?

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #495 on: January 14, 2011, 01:39:45 PM »

Now that would make sense, but why wouldn't they place it in a sterile bag instead? A sheet kinda doesn't make sense to keep papers in as evidence. Kwim? It makes sense what you said, though.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #496 on: January 14, 2011, 01:40:13 PM »

corey norwood
Tuesday Jan 4

i am shawn adkins cousin, and it hurts to see everything bad thats being said about him on these sites, he is a member of my family as well as a good friend, he would go outta his way to make you laugh and feel better when you were having a bad day, he is a kindhearted big guy guy and when his name is cleared i hope all the ppl who doubt him feel shame.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/colorado-city-tx/T1FA1VMHCUGFML4NE

Corey best prepare himself for a visit from LE.  His videos alone open him up to drug charges.  What an idiot.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #497 on: January 14, 2011, 01:43:37 PM »

Could the sterile sheet be something the police use to put the items from the trunk in?

I think so. It would make sense.

With my background, I automatically went to sterile sheets used in hospital settings.

I just don;t understand why they're use a sterile sheet for evidence collection instead of a bag. They make sterile plastic bags for that, as well as coated sterile paper bags.

The forensic team is from Abilene...right? Didn't we read that here?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #498 on: January 14, 2011, 01:44:35 PM »

Northern Rose, a sterile sheet is like something in a doctor's office. Think of a gyno appt. The lay it over the bed and throw it away after the patient gets up. They come in various sizes & thicknesses. They also come as a thin plastic to use as a drape or cover during operations. This is why I asked for the manufacturer #.

The 6 3M collection filters are something that the forensic team brings in. They use a vacuum type device with these filters to collect even the tiniest particles of trace evidence...ie microscopic carpet fibers, skin, old blood that may have been cleaned up, etc.

I think you meant No Rose 
FishstickKitty
Scared Monkey

« Reply #499 on: January 14, 2011, 01:48:41 PM »

just fyi..when I lived in the boonies and had very poor internet connection, I would print off crimelibrary.com stories to read at home..when I was at work. When they'd publish a new one..I'd want to read it in my own time and thought it was easier to just print it off then go on my SLOOOOWWWW internet.

This was years ago..but just throwing that out there.

I think the mom here was so far into her own addiction..and completely out of touch with life..and being sober..read..NOT sedated..that she probably didn't know what was going on with her 13 yr old daughter. And if this guy was a douche to her..she probably retreated further into her self to escape. Too bad she forgot about her kid..  Either that or she's just terribly twisted and knows exactly what happened.

If I were the douche, I'd be afraid of Daddy. I'm not a parent but I can't even tell you how creative I could get with someone who I thought killed my neice.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.