May 14, 2024, 01:56:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #1 6/5/10 - 6/30/10  (Read 569687 times)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1280 on: June 27, 2010, 02:00:38 PM »

Although I am not a regular poster in Kyron's thread, I wanted to point you all to some great pictures of Portland and Skyline Elementary School, taken today, from radionewz's forum:

http://forums.radionewz.net/index.php?topic=151.0

Thank-you excellent pictures, that school area looks rather scary to me, sort of like out of a horror film. I've lived in a lot of places, and have never seen a school and it's surrounding areas look like that. All my opinion, and probably has nothing to do with anything, but geez, a person could hide around there and grab a kid and who knows what else.

Who would take this challenge? in addition, why?  Monetary reason is the only thing that comes to my mind
 A former Real Estate agent's advice to me was "follow the money"...and every answer is usually money.

Follow the money, or perhaps follow someone scorned in a love connection, I just don't know what to think about that.

Was it a scorned female lover? LOL! 

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1281 on: June 27, 2010, 02:02:46 PM »

great points Newfiemonkey ( love my fellow newfie's) as well as Cartfly. I wonder too about the rural farms and workers that come and go alot of them undocumented or illegal.  I also am concerned as to how extensive the school has been checked. It does appear that the grounds have not been maintained. I wonder if this is the norm throughout the school year?  The community does seem to be a sleepy one. I am wondering why no outrage. If I had a young child in that school district I would be very concerned for the safety of my child. Why would LE tell people not to worry. Either they know who did this or they have evidence leaning that way.
I am still on the fence re: Step-mom Terri.

The things that would clear her would be statements from people she saw after being at the school with Kyron.
1. Babysitter
2. Husband if he worked a half day from home.
3. Did she go the gym, stores, or other places of business? If so witness accounts.
4. Did she talk to anyone on the phone that a.m.?
I am sure LE has researched all of this, yet they still have not cleared her. The only thing we have are rumored pings on Sauvie Island, and a possible posting of the science fair pics around 1:00p.m. that day. So I and many others wonder why is this? Why would LE continue to let the public speculate about the step mom?

First ... Hi NoRose!  Hugs to you!

(and you too newf ... Smile

I'm a Newfie because I have a Newfoundland/Lab mix ... not because I'm a Newfoundlander ... (but I'd love to visit there ... looks lovely!) 

Bolded ... those people ... where are they?  LE usually tells people to keep quiet ... but it's very rare that people do it ... and for everyone to keep their mouths shut is just amazing to me!  Very law abiding.  No 15-minutes of fame types there.  (if you don't count step mom's dad and her "friend" who I think did her more harm than good!)

Other things I find odd:

In the People article SM's dad says the truck was taken by LE ... per LE the truck was taken in for repair (?)

Per the dad in an interview ... LE hasn't checked their computers (?)

I haven't seen where any of the family has been present at any of the searches (?) perhaps I missed it (?) - and again I'm influenced by that other case.  But I'd like to think I'd be out every minute of every day searching for my son ... and mine's 23! and really not all that cute and loveable at times!  But I'd turn over heaven and hell to find him! 

Okay ... back to pondering ...

... trying to chase down all the Anthony's lies ... this may take a while ...
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1282 on: June 27, 2010, 02:37:09 PM »

Thank-you NewfieMonkey that is where the discussion about the computers not being checked by LE got started, People Magazine. There was a discussion about that on another forum and I wondered where they were getting that from.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1283 on: June 27, 2010, 02:40:45 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_search_wraps_up_a.html

This photo shows a concentrated look on Kaines face.
SM has been question "six hours" several times...is she the Key?  Perhaps, not the Culprit?

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1284 on: June 27, 2010, 02:50:21 PM »

Although I am not a regular poster in Kyron's thread, I wanted to point you all to some great pictures of Portland and Skyline Elementary School, taken today, from radionewz's forum:

Great find Brandi, thank you so much! These pics give a better perspective of the school surroundings. Smile

You're very welcome, cartfly.

BTW ... I left you a reply to your post in my thread, cartfly!!! You should check it out! Wink

Be sure to check the URL again today, as new pictures have been added since my post and more are scheduled to be added today!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1285 on: June 27, 2010, 03:07:10 PM »

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_search_wraps_up_a.html

SM has been question "six hours" several times...is she the Key?  Perhaps, not the Culprit?
I believe she is the key, I don't recall anyone else being questioned for that long, at least I haven't read anything about that.  Brandi thanks again for that link to those pictures, it really helps to see this area.  Cartfly, if you are on, could you please go to Brandi's Avatar Thread. Thanks.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1286 on: June 27, 2010, 03:52:05 PM »

Thanks Brandi for posting the link to the pics. I have to say, I almost lost my breath when I saw the door to the mechanical room. I don't know why but seeing that door freaked me out.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1287 on: June 27, 2010, 03:56:15 PM »

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/simon-barrett/2010/06/27/haleigh-cummings--caylee-anthony--and-others

Simon Barrett's radio show will air in a few minutes. Haleigh Cummings, Caylee Anthony and others. I am hoping Simon and guests will discuss Kyron.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
newfie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1288 on: June 27, 2010, 04:06:25 PM »

Thanks Seahorse!  I found this while sifting through the articles it is a pretty good timeline of accounts that day and the days following.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_horman_chronology_of_eve.html
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1289 on: June 27, 2010, 04:07:57 PM »

One of the comments this lady made when she posted the pictures.   
Looking down 2nd stairs
These concrete stairs lead from the side front school door to the soccer field. Note how tall the grass is. PPS is so strapped for cash, much of the yard maintenance is done by parents these days. Very little landscaping maintenance crew or budget. So, the grass is out of control on a slope like this. / Now that makes sense why the school looks the way it does, I'm sure at some point in time it was a nice looking school and area, not like the dump it looks like now, no money for upkeep.
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #1290 on: June 27, 2010, 04:08:15 PM »

I believe she is the key, I don't recall anyone else being questioned for that long, at least I haven't read anything about that.  Brandi thanks again for that link to those pictures, it really helps to see this area.  Cartfly, if you are on, could you please go to Brandi's Avatar Thread. Thanks.
Thanks Norrose! I have officially lost 25 pounds!!! (avi strunk)

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #1291 on: June 27, 2010, 04:10:19 PM »

I mean "shrunk"

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1292 on: June 27, 2010, 04:17:29 PM »

Just a few comments...
Did they close the school after Kyron disappeared or resume the next day as normal?
SM being a former body builder and "look at me" person before seems awful, awful shy now.  Why not head up high and find my stepson?!!!
I believe Blink and always will but this time I have a weird feeling bout SM.  I'm sure it's just cause she was last to be seen w/him but now that I look at the school pics it's real easy to slip a little kid away from there.  What a creepy, unsecured place.  Wonder if they checked the janitor carts with the attached hanging bags.  All schools I have been in and sent my son to have the big industrial push carts with the hanging bags or trash barrel  in front.  Other scenario in my head besides SM is...can't remember his name the man stole him and kept him for years and his brother became the Yosimite killer?  I also am hanging with the detective's comments.  If planned out as skillfully as he suggest then the school opening at an earlier than normal time and classes starting later with folk milling around unchecked/tagged by office would be a SO's dream come true!  Just my rambling thoughts today.  Ya'll have a good one.  Keeping cool as it's sweltering here in FL.  OT question for any Pac. NW person--what is the humidity like in the summer and how hot does it get there.  Just wondering how a body would fare there if outside.  Sorry to be grim. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1293 on: June 27, 2010, 04:25:45 PM »

LOL
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #1294 on: June 27, 2010, 04:37:55 PM »

Just a few comments...
Did they close the school after Kyron disappeared or resume the next day as normal?
SM being a former body builder and "look at me" person before seems awful, awful shy now.  Why not head up high and find my stepson?!!!
I believe Blink and always will but this time I have a weird feeling bout SM.  I'm sure it's just cause she was last to be seen w/him but now that I look at the school pics it's real easy to slip a little kid away from there.  What a creepy, unsecured place.  Wonder if they checked the janitor carts with the attached hanging bags.  All schools I have been in and sent my son to have the big industrial push carts with the hanging bags or trash barrel  in front.  Other scenario in my head besides SM is...can't remember his name the man stole him and kept him for years and his brother became the Yosimite killer?  I also am hanging with the detective's comments.  If planned out as skillfully as he suggest then the school opening at an earlier than normal time and classes starting later with folk milling around unchecked/tagged by office would be a SO's dream come true!  Just my rambling thoughts today.  Ya'll have a good one.  Keeping cool as it's sweltering here in FL.  OT question for any Pac. NW person--what is the humidity like in the summer and how hot does it get there.  Just wondering how a body would fare there if outside.  Sorry to be grim. 
hi MelissaB- this happened on a Friday and if I remember right school resumed on the following Monday. I thought that was odd.

I am on the fence too about SM. She "acts" like she knows something. She seems disconnected but I am not sure why.
Was that Steven Stayner's brother in the Yosemite murder? I remember how sad that whole thing was but don't remember all the names.

I read somewhere but don't know if we talked about it here. It was "said" that the janitor had only been on the job for 2 weeks prior to Kyron disappearing. Anyone know what his name is or if this a fact or not?

OT: MelissB- I am in the south too and OMG the humidity is awful. It doesn't make sense to be sweating at 8 AM. I desperately wanted to go to our favorite beach, Orange/Gulf shores, but as you know thats out.....so sad Sad

NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1295 on: June 27, 2010, 04:39:56 PM »

Norose ... I may have been adding to the rumor mill ... sorry.

I looked back at stuff I'd read and the 'LE hasn't checked the computer" came to my attention on the Oregon Live comments thread ... referring back to an interview done with bio dad ... I thought it was a KATU or KPTV interview ... but I've looked a bunch ... and I can't find it ...

I'm going with it being a rumor since I can't find it and watch it myself.

Still frustrated ... so I'm going back to work ... the problems there I know I can solve Smile

If I could solve everything ... Joran and Casey would be on death row ... and Kyron would be home.

... trying to chase down all the Anthony's lies ... this may take a while ...
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #1296 on: June 27, 2010, 04:40:30 PM »

LOL
I should have asked if my monkey suit made my butt look big.....

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1297 on: June 27, 2010, 04:43:03 PM »

Just a few comments...

Good Evening, Monkeys.

I haven't posted in this thread at all or read all of the posts but did wonder if the school might be using temporary custodians or janitor service.  Custodians know all the possible hiding places in schools and have access to everything and keys to all the rooms.  Perfect job for a pedophile.  I hope they have been checked out completely.  Just a thought I had as I mostly follow this case in the MSM. 

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1298 on: June 27, 2010, 04:45:14 PM »

LOL
I should have asked if my monkey suit made my butt look big.....

It  did.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1299 on: June 27, 2010, 04:45:38 PM »

Sorry this is going to be a big ol' rambling post by me. I am just going to throw this out here.

I can see this, Terri as a key to this and not the culprit. I can also see some woman being obsessed with Kaine (or Terri) and setting up Terri? Something seems to be off but it could be so many things, it is driving me crazy. My first impression was a person who worked at the school took Kyron. I really think someone could have left the school with him in a trash can or a box and no one would have batted an eye. How risky though. This person wouldn't have known when this child would be missing. We all know a pedo loves the thrill of the risk, it adds to their power and control. I just can't help but consider this has to be someone who could control when the panic would happend. But who? Isn't that just a few people? The parents and the teacher, right? Anyone else? I can't think of them although I have tried. Terri (or any of the 4 parents) could have left with him but she too risked his absence being noticed about a second after he went missing or risked being seen with him. A person did notice it not that long after it happened, sometime between 9-10, then a child noticed it for goodness sakes, it just doesn't connect for me. The teacher in a way did control the panic by not giving it any attention. According to the boy she said he was probably in the bathroom or getting a drink, then she explains she must of misheard the mother say he had an appointment taking the blame and focus off of herself and placing it elsewhere. Now that bothers me only because she had papers to fill out, did she do that and handed them back to Terri? Also, why isn't she taking some of the responsibility? She was the adult in charge and whether or not this is her first year, or she is young, (in her 30's, thats young?), it was a hectic day, blah, blah, blah she was the person who could have and should have noticed and acted on Kyron not being in her class that morning after she had seen him just a little bit earlier. Is this a slight on all teachers? No of course not, just like Melissa Huckaby's being a sunday school teacher doesn't mean all sunday school teachers murder children. There is just something about this teachers reaction that doesn't sit well with me.
I hope she has been given a lie detector test or has been questioned for hours as well. I have to be honest and don't want to direct a finger at a possibly innocent person but she is the person in this that bothers me the most. I know the police wouldn't have left her in charge of students if they believed she was responsible, I agree with that, but maybe they didn't consider her a suspect while school was still in.
The parents have said that Kyron was at risk of following a direction that could have left him vulnerable due to a talk they had to have with him because he was not listening to adults at school such as teachers, parent helpers and volunteers. Really a shy and timid kid not listening? So as he was being shy and timid he was also not following directions and being rebellious? That doesn't make sense to me. I wish we could find out more about this because I think it is a clue in this case as to who, what, where, when and how this could have happened to this child.
BTW, it doesn't mean the teacher did this exactly, as was said above regarding Terri, she could be a culprit in this happening.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.