May 22, 2024, 05:26:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #153 12/09/09 - 12/16/09  (Read 410941 times)
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1180 on: December 12, 2009, 03:05:30 AM »

YES I just read Lyons lips when Casey was talking to her she said "Sorry I can't"  Yep I could see it clearly being replayed on TruTv

Funny how poor little kc always needs someone to 'protect' her from the big bad meanies. It used to be the snuggle up to bozo, the puppy eyes, the strong arms of her hero around her to keep the press at arms length. Now she's turning to her new rock of strength, Lyons. I'm sure it's been practiced and Lyons is no dummy. She knows kc's image needed a makeover.  Excuse me while I barf.

Too bad caylee didn't have anybody to protect her.

mizjay- Can't you just hear echoes of Cindy & George in their JG and State's depos blaming the school for Casey not graduating.  Can't you hear the perpetual whining of Casey with, "They're picking on me.  Make them stop."?  You're seeing the same image I am...Mommy and Daddy continually rushing to Casey's rescue and defense.  It must have been really hard for Cindy & George when Casey was in labor because they couldn't rescue her from that one..oh, wait, they did rush in, they just couldn't fix it and make it go away that time..bet they were mad.  You can bet Casey's basking in the glow of her attorneys attention.  I bet she really hates being in court because 99% of the time she sits between them and yet, they for the most part, hardly acknowledge her.  Watching numerous court videos, you can easily see she's bored, as her attorneys are the focus of attention...bet she loves that (Sarcasm). For the most part, they talk about her as if she wasn't there, as if she were an inanimate object.  In the meantime, she generally sits dejected at the table until one of them throws her a crumb by speaking to her or handing her something.  That must be pretty frustrating for her, as she appears to be the attention-seeking type (per her photobucket pics, videos, early media coverage videos, parental jail visit videos and calls). Just my own observations.

Forecast for the Day:
God is reigning and the Son is shining.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1181 on: December 12, 2009, 03:20:07 AM »

The defense pulled out all the stops today to the point of a sobbing defendant (albeit too little too late). She should have been in tears constantly since her child disappeared. But no, she was flirty and arrogant until today. They are running scared trying to save their client’s life. And IMO they know KC is guilty and that she will be found guilty and that appears to be the reason for all the protesting against the DP. I’m betting the State has revealed the smoking gun (positively damning evidence) and they have nowhere else to go since their client will not admit her guilt.
Great post.  I think the State has something big, too.  I hope it's a big ol' fingerprint.  That's really all I want for Christmas this year.

A big ole fingerprint would be a great Xmas present. A few months ago several of us discussed the importance of the hairs that were still attached to the duct tape and if they could provide additional evidence for the State's case. What if the hairs could provide proof that the duct tape was placed on Caylee before she died. What if there were hairs of both a live Caylee and also hairs that had the band of death stuck on the tape…….The way Ashton talked today makes me think they have a good idea about what happened. And that’s another thing I wish I knew more about…….

I remember clearly that the hairs in the car apparently showed no evidence of drug use, but what about any hairs attached to that duct tape?  Also, maybe a dumb questions, but how long does it take for fingernails/toenails to decompose?  Vaguely remembering something from college biology about fingernails and drug use/nutritional deficiencies/indicators of specific diseases.  Anyone?  TIA

Forecast for the Day:
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1182 on: December 12, 2009, 03:25:38 AM »

YES I just read Lyons lips when Casey was talking to her she said "Sorry I can't"  Yep I could see it clearly being replayed on TruTv

Funny how poor little kc always needs someone to 'protect' her from the big bad meanies. It used to be the snuggle up to bozo, the puppy eyes, the strong arms of her hero around her to keep the press at arms length. Now she's turning to her new rock of strength, Lyons. I'm sure it's been practiced and Lyons is no dummy. She knows kc's image needed a makeover.  Excuse me while I barf.

Too bad caylee didn't have anybody to protect her.

mizjay- Can't you just hear echoes of Cindy & George in their JG and State's depos blaming the school for Casey not graduating.  Can't you hear the perpetual whining of Casey with, "They're picking on me.  Make them stop."?  You're seeing the same image I am...Mommy and Daddy continually rushing to Casey's rescue and defense.  It must have been really hard for Cindy & George when Casey was in labor because they couldn't rescue her from that one..oh, wait, they did rush in, they just couldn't fix it and make it go away that time..bet they were mad.  You can bet Casey's basking in the glow of her attorneys attention.  I bet she really hates being in court because 99% of the time she sits between them and yet, they for the most part, hardly acknowledge her.  Watching numerous court videos, you can easily see she's bored, as her attorneys are the focus of attention...bet she loves that (Sarcasm). For the most part, they talk about her as if she wasn't there, as if she were an inanimate object.  In the meantime, she generally sits dejected at the table until one of them throws her a crumb by speaking to her or handing her something.  That must be pretty frustrating for her, as she appears to be the attention-seeking type (per her photobucket pics, videos, early media coverage videos, parental jail visit videos and calls). Just my own observations.
ISPY~my head is bobbing up and down in agreement.
When she starts taking notes it's as if she is the unrecognized legal beagle. Busy, busy hearing and preparing the proper retort. When she nonchalantly reaches and holds the mute button down on the mike it's pure narcissism.
I think that it's really interesting that JB hasn't ever brought up any requests for psychological counseling. I wonder that she herself has nixed the idea. Sometimes I tend to focus on her nasty behavior (the slutty side,bad mother) but then when she is in the courtroom and we can really see the facial expressions and tics, it makes me remember that I believe she is a bona fide psychopath or sociopath.  I don't know how the whole crew is going to handle months of a grueling trial. JB can hardly string two sentences together without getting defensive, GA and CA can't or won't sit still and I think KC will implode with anger. Should be velly,velly intelesting!!
So much for my blabby opinions for tonight, good to see you and love your avi.  j
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1183 on: December 12, 2009, 04:02:49 AM »

Good night Monkeys.  It was a long but interesting day today.  Hopefully it will bring us that much closer to Justice for Caylee.

Uncut: Caylee Marie Anthony Sings You Are My Sunshine

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/T613YgLw_HE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/T613YgLw_HE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;border=1</a>

Thank you, cece for posting this!  O.k., everybody just had a thought on the Big Trouble Comes In Small Packages shirt.  First of all, IMO Cindy definitely had seen this shirt before because Caylee wore it and it would have been in the washer/dryer/laundry basket.  I'd even go so far as to say, Cindy may have even bought it for her because we know from her and George's depos that they were primarily buying everything for Caylee, as Casey had no money (no job either).  Secondly, from the pics at Ricardo's, it appears that this shirt may have been worn as a pajama shirt (judging by Caylee's "ruffled" appearance and the unmade bed).  We know indisputably that the last outfit Caylee was seen in was the blue shirt in the Nursing Home video.  It stands to reason that: Caylee wore that Big Trouble shirt to bed the night of June 15th; Casey killed Caylee at some point from bedtime to daybreak because Caylee was found in that shirt rather than a daytime outfit; and Casey was stuck with the pink shirt description of Caylee's clothes because that was the only shirt missing from Caylee's closet/dresser.  If you'll remember, Cindy stated quite confidently that none of Caylee's clothes were missing.  The only way she know all of Caylee's clothes would be if she bought them or she washed them.  Which brings us to why the family all agreed on the pink shirt, but not the bottoms.  If George and Cindy never saw Caylee on June 16th, they wouldn't remember what bottoms she had on with her pink shirt.  The shorts were added to that site after the disposal to bolster the indiscrepancy regarding Caylee's outfit.  Casey never anticipated Caylee being found by LE, in that shirt particularly, and those pics being viewed by LE.  I'd be thrilled to life if those recently released pics from Ricardo's are date and time stamped.

If Casey didn't leave the house, Caylee could have been chloroformed and duct taped at the house before dawn.  IMO, Cindy and Caylee had dinner with Shirley, may have swam in the pool (or not), Cindy gave Caylee her bath and dressed her in that pink Big Trouble shirt and some shorts (or maybe just a pull-up) for bed before Casey came home.  Casey came home, they had the Cindy choking Casey fight, Casey took Caylee and left by way of the garage (possibly grabbing the duct tape as she went or maybe she already had it in the car), and killed Caylee before dawn.  Secondary scenario: She drove around with Caylee until she fell asleep, snuck back into the house and got what she needed (be it the chloroform or ingredients), drugged Caylee, and then taped her.  Honestly, as much as I hate to say it, I think she probably just knocked her unconscious and then taped her...the chloroform was a plant aimed at framing Ricardo.  All MOO and probably wrong.  LOL!

Forecast for the Day:
Tina Bee
Scared Monkey

Hassani Campbell *Still Missing*

« Reply #1184 on: December 12, 2009, 04:17:01 AM »

Good night Monkeys.  It was a long but interesting day today.  Hopefully it will bring us that much closer to Justice for Caylee.

Uncut: Caylee Marie Anthony Sings You Are My Sunshine

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/T613YgLw_HE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/T613YgLw_HE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;rel=0&amp;border=1</a>

Thank you, cece for posting this!  O.k., everybody just had a thought on the Big Trouble Comes In Small Packages shirt.  First of all, IMO Cindy definitely had seen this shirt before because Caylee wore it and it would have been in the washer/dryer/laundry basket.  I'd even go so far as to say, Cindy may have even bought it for her because we know from her and George's depos that they were primarily buying everything for Caylee, as Casey had no money (no job either).  Secondly, from the pics at Ricardo's, it appears that this shirt may have been worn as a pajama shirt (judging by Caylee's "ruffled" appearance and the unmade bed).  We know indisputably that the last outfit Caylee was seen in was the blue shirt in the Nursing Home video.  It stands to reason that: Caylee wore that Big Trouble shirt to bed the night of June 15th; Casey killed Caylee at some point from bedtime to daybreak because Caylee was found in that shirt rather than a daytime outfit; and Casey was stuck with the pink shirt description of Caylee's clothes because that was the only shirt missing from Caylee's closet/dresser.  If you'll remember, Cindy stated quite confidently that none of Caylee's clothes were missing.  The only way she know all of Caylee's clothes would be if she bought them or she washed them.  Which brings us to why the family all agreed on the pink shirt, but not the bottoms.  If George and Cindy never saw Caylee on June 16th, they wouldn't remember what bottoms she had on with her pink shirt.  The shorts were added to that site after the disposal to bolster the indiscrepancy regarding Caylee's outfit.  Casey never anticipated Caylee being found by LE, in that shirt particularly, and those pics being viewed by LE.  I'd be thrilled to life if those recently released pics from Ricardo's are date and time stamped.

If Casey didn't leave the house, Caylee could have been chloroformed and duct taped at the house before dawn.  IMO, Cindy and Caylee had dinner with Shirley, may have swam in the pool (or not), Cindy gave Caylee her bath and dressed her in that pink Big Trouble shirt and some shorts (or maybe just a pull-up) for bed before Casey came home.  Casey came home, they had the Cindy choking Casey fight, Casey took Caylee and left by way of the garage (possibly grabbing the duct tape as she went or maybe she already had it in the car), and killed Caylee before dawn.  Secondary scenario: She drove around with Caylee until she fell asleep, snuck back into the house and got what she needed (be it the chloroform or ingredients), drugged Caylee, and then taped her.  Honestly, as much as I hate to say it, I think she probably just knocked her unconscious and then taped her...the chloroform was a plant aimed at framing Ricardo.  All MOO and probably wrong.  LOL!

I don't ever post here, but I wanted to say I agree with the scenario (specifically the first one) you typed out. The second one sounds plausible, but I think either Cindy or George would've heard Casey come back to the house that night. They couldn't have been deep sleepers especially if they were always caring for Caylee and babies and toddlers are prone to waking up in the middle of the night.

Casey didn't want to risk being found out especially if Caylee was already dead inside of the car. IMO she had everything she would've needed for the murder.Casey didn't want to get caught.
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1185 on: December 12, 2009, 04:19:47 AM »

I know we have seen evil looks from Casey before, and little tantrums when her parents visited in jail, but today the looks were especially chilling, and it is obvious her defense team can't control this. I also think Lyons will be leaving, best to jump off before it is to late. OMG the look on Lyon's face when she bumped/body slammed Belich that was really something also. 
Rose what did I miss??? what body slam with kathi? Did I miss something?
 I agree that lyons will be leaving I have had that feeling tooo and yes It was ovious casey was  not to happy and evil was on her face if only she could act on it! was her thought!  she is used to getting her way! now she has to take it and bear it! which she isnt doing a goood job at it!! IMO!!!
It's before the lawyers got in the elevator, and I can't tell if Lyons did it on purpose or not but she bumped Kathi with her elbow, and Kathie didn't like that at all, I'm sure it hurt, the woman is huge.

Starting at 3:47 of this video it gets interesting and ends at the elevators where Lyon elbows Kathi, Bobo tries to deny it and Kathi reminds him they have it on tape.

http://www.wftv.com/video/21935023/index.html

It is absolutely hilarious watching the defense team frantically running interference trying to "shield" Andrea Lyons from a determined Kathi Belich!  Priceless!  If I were Kathi, I'd be laughing all the way back to my car that Andrea Lyons needed body guards and one reporter could wreak such havoc.     Go, Kathi!  Surely the mighty Andrea Lyons isn't afraid of a lowly reporter, is she?  Is was amusing to note Baez' flanking maneuvers to prevent Kathi from getting too close to Andrea.  Equally amusing was Andrea darting in front of the African American man (lawyer, maybe) and using him to hide behind and the AfricanAmerican woman quickly rounding out the guard.  The most amusing defensive move came at the elevator when Baez was careful to maneuver Lyons to the back of the elevator and call to others, so they would file in to form a "front" to block Kathi from Andrea.  Kathi must have really hit a nerve to generate such a concerted effort from the defense.  Personally, I think Baez is better suited to playing football with his flanking, interceptions, and blocking skills.  JMO

Forecast for the Day:
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1186 on: December 12, 2009, 04:50:18 AM »

O.k., still thinking about the pink Big Trouble shirt here.  Thinking about after both the car and Casey had been picked up and Caylee was reported missing on July 15, 2008.  The fact that Casey, Cindy, and George all stated Caylee was wearing a pink shirt when last seen a month earlier is very telling. One of two things had to have happened: either Cindy knew the pink Big Trouble shirt was what Caylee was wearing because it was her usual pajama shirt or Cindy had surmised/confirmed that by going through Caylee's clothes.  So at that point, she and George had to have known Casey did NOT take Caylee to any Nanny.  They also would have been well aware of the memorable events preceding Casey "moving out" (i.e. the very physical fight).  IMO, the night of June 15, 2008 Cindy was probably at the end of her rope with Casey and did in fact threaten to take Caylee away.  Casey's temper was evident on the jail visit video (August/September 2008) and the resulting family dynamics of not confronting/angering Casey,as well.  IMO, this was the first (and maybe only) time Cindy didn't back down...which only further served to enrage Casey even more so and cement Caylee's fate-not blaming Cindy, just saying. IMO, Cindy would have clearly remembered the incident and what she had done that night prior to the incident (like dressing Caylee for bed, if she did).  All MOO

Forecast for the Day:
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1187 on: December 12, 2009, 05:03:31 AM »

JMO, but it's all about Casey here, just like it is in reality.  The only tears she has are for herself.  True to her nature, she feels sorry for herself and she's chosen a team who feeds that.  We've seen Baez with his "they're (the State's Attorneys office and the media) picking on my poor client who's grieving the loss of her child" nonsense.  Now, we're seeing Andrea Lyons with her "the State's trying to kill my poor client and she's been such a great mother too" baloney.  I really liked Andrea Lyons' dramatic pause for effect when she voiced how anguished and pressured Casey is with no support from her parents right now.  You could almost hear the Director shout "Cue to Cry!  And...Action!".  It was Grammy-worthy to see Casey work up to those tears during the exaggerated pause.  This was completely practiced behavior because Andrea Lyons knew it would take x-amount of seconds for Casey to work up tears and look all pathetic, hence the awkward loooong pause.  Andrea Lyons had to completely alter her speech pattern to fit that pause.  Thank you, God that Judge Strickland was wiser than that.  YES!  All MOO
ISpy, Love your avi but I hardly recognized you. I agree with your observations of Casey crying on cue. It was as if they had practiced it. Maybe that is why they do not want the cameras on during visits. They probably need several "take twos" to get ready for court appearance.

Blumonkey, thank you!  Didn't Brandi do an outstanding job?!  Also, you had a terrific point there!  ITA that's why the defense doesn't want their attorney-client sessions recorded.  They don't want anyone outside seeing them coaching Casey on when to cry, how to act distraught, and Casey's temper outbursts.  Personally, Andrea Lyons has a strong-willed personality and so does Casey.  I can imagine there's been quite a few clashes during their strategic planning meetings. I also think that's why Casey was wearing her hair down and so in her face today.  They all knew she might not be able to cover her facial expressions.  JMO though.

Hope you have a good weekend!

Forecast for the Day:
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1188 on: December 12, 2009, 05:15:39 AM »

Deenie- Excellent posts as usual.  You always make me stretch my brain a little bit harder and farther.   

mizjay-  I hear you loud and clear.  It is kind of fascinating to watch Casey fight to control herself and hide her emotions in court, isn't it?  I agree that the defense has their work cut out for them keeping their client under control.  I too expect her to implode at some point during this trial.  IMO, she hasn't had a lot of practice controlling her temper when she doesn't get her way.  I too, think Lyons will walk rather than risk a loss to her DP record.  Baez made a logistical mistake some time ago when provoking Kathi Belich, IMO.  She's like a Jack Russel terrier= chain saw with feet, don't let go until they're good and ready to let go.
O/T- thanks for the avi compliment, but the credit goes to Brandi.  I had no clue what an avi was until Scared Monkeys!  LOL!

Tina Bee- You should post more often.  Great points!  Honest, we don't bite...much.  Well, only when we've been kept waiting for a doc dump.   

Forecast for the Day:
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1189 on: December 12, 2009, 05:19:20 AM »

O.k., I've been talking waaay too much tonight.  Can you tell I've had one too many cups of coffee?  Sorry! Going to step aside and let someone else have my soapbox now. LOL!  Many thanks to all of you who provided blow by blow action yesterday, links, thought-provoking commentary, and righteous indignation on Caylee's behalf.   Hope you all have a good morning and take good care!

Forecast for the Day:
ISpy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1190 on: December 12, 2009, 05:20:11 AM »

P.S.  Good morning, Trimm!   

Forecast for the Day:
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1191 on: December 12, 2009, 06:03:51 AM »

P.S.  Good morning, Trimm!   

Hey ISpy.   
Sorry I missed you.I was trying to read and get caught up.Got a busy day today with my Grandson.   
Great posts as always.
I see Desi was here.Happy she came in last night.   an angelic monkey

Good Morning Monkeys.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1192 on: December 12, 2009, 06:04:39 AM »

http://www.wgme.com/template/inews_wire/wires.national/30d59438-www.wgme.com.shtml
Casey Anthony sobs at account of daughter's death
December 12, 2009 02:29 EST

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- A Florida mother charged with killing her 2-year-old daughter sobbed in court as a prosecutor speculated aloud that the toddler was methodically drugged and suffocated with tape.

Prosecutor Jeff Ashton suggested that Caylee Anthony's killer restrained her arms, drugged her and put duct tape over her mouth and nose.

Ashton was explaining why he believes the case would qualify for the death penalty.

Casey Anthony's lawyers say that because the cause of death is still unknown, the case doesn't meet the standard under Florida law for seeking the death penalty. The defense says prosecutors are unable to prove that Caylee suffered a heinous, cruel or atrocious death.

Circuit Judge Stan Strickland says he will rule later.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1193 on: December 12, 2009, 06:10:07 AM »

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/florida/story/1378356.html
Accused Casey Anthony sobs in court
Accused mom Casey Anthony sobbed in court Friday during the prosecution's account of her 2-year-old daughter's death.
By MIKE SCHNEIDER
Associated Press

ORLANDO -- A Florida mother charged with killing her 2-year-old daughter sobbed in court Friday as a prosecutor speculated aloud that the toddler was methodically drugged and suffocated with tape.

Casey Anthony cried as prosecutor Jeff Ashton suggested that Caylee Anthony's killer restrained her arms, dosed her with something that knocked her unconscious and put duct tape over her mouth and nose.

Ashton offered the scenario when explaining why he believes the case would qualify for the death penalty. ``Her killer would prepare some substance in advance that would render her physically unable to resist,'' Ashton said during the pretrial hearing. ``If the killer looked at her face, maybe the killer saw her eyes . . . First one piece (of tape), then two, then three so that no breath was possible.''

The cause of Caylee's death remains unknown, but duct tape was found on the body.

Ashton offered the scenario in response to a defense request to bar prosecutors from seeking the death penalty.

Circuit Judge Stan Strickland said he would rule later.

Because the cause of death is still unknown, prosecutors are unable to prove that she suffered a heinous, cruel or atrocious death, which is the standard under Florida law for seeking the death penalty, said Andrea Lyon, one of Anthony's attorneys.
 ``The real reason the state has asked for the death penalty is because they wish to get as biased a jury as they possibly can,'' Lyon said. ``It has the effect of coercing pleas in cases where that may in fact not be appropriate.''

Anthony's attorneys contend that jurors in death-penalty cases, who are screened to eliminate those with moral objections to capital punishment, are more likely to convict defendants. The defense also says the threat of the death penalty could be used to coerce Anthony into making a plea.

Anthony has pleaded not guilty and her trialis expected to start next year.
The Miami Herald

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1194 on: December 12, 2009, 06:12:05 AM »

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gSCB_oxlbv95mfQuS7sW3xgOZCVQD9CHJNIO0
Casey Anthony sobs at account of daughter's death

By MIKE SCHNEIDER (AP) – 4 hours ago

ORLANDO, Fla. — A Florida mother charged with killing her 2-year-old daughter sobbed in court Friday as a prosecutor speculated that the toddler was methodically drugged and suffocated with tape.

Casey Anthony cried as prosecutor Jeff Ashton suggested that Caylee Anthony's killer restrained her arms, dosed her with something that knocked her unconscious and put duct tape over her mouth and nose.

Ashton offered the scenario when explaining why he believes the case would qualify for the death penalty.

"Her killer would prepare some substance in advance that would render her physically unable to resist," said Ashton during the pretrial hearing. "If the killer looked at her face, maybe the killer saw her eyes ... First one piece (of tape), then two, then three so that no breath was possible."

The cause of Caylee's death remains unknown, but duct tape was found on the body.
<snipped>

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1195 on: December 12, 2009, 07:13:48 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/12/11/death_penalty_questioned_today_in_case_against_casey.html
 Casey’s Lawyers Argue Against Death Penalty
Saturday, December 12, 2009 7:02:49 AM
Reported by Jacqueline Fell

ORLANDO -- Attorney Jose Baez was blunt in his assessment of Friday's hearing.

"The death of a child is a horrible thing and it would be difficult for anyone to listen to," said Baez, Casey Anthony's defense lawyer

It was one year ago Friday the remains of Caylee Anthony were found less than a mile from her home.

Friday in dramatic form, prosecutors and Casey Anthony's defense argued about the death penalty -- should her life be at stake?

It was a rare performance by the state.

A decision about the death penalty is still under review by Circuit Judge Stan Strickland.

The defense said there's not enough evidence to warrant the death penalty. The state said the punishment fits the crime.
It was an emotional day for the Anthony family. It was the first time the prosecution has ever laid out their theory of how Caylee died.

"If she was physically restrained ...," said Assistant State Attorney Jeff Ashton.

Assistant State attorney Jeff Ashton played out a scenario of how Caylee Anthony may have been killed. He said how she died is why the death penalty should be included in the case against Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony.

"Her killer would have to restrained her arms by some means," Ashton explained. "Apply tape while she was restrained. The killer looked into her face maybe the killer even saw her eyes, as the tape was applied.

"First one piece. Then two and then three, so no breath was possible." Ashton said.

George and Cindy Anthony stormed out as the courtroom during Ashton's dramatic statement.

Casey Anthony first hid her tears, then started sobbing.
Anyone who contends that no juror that these conclusions call for a sentence of death are only fooling themselves," Ashton said.

Ashton said the pulbic should decide if the death penalty is warranted.

The defense though wants the judge to take it off the table.

Andrea Lyon says the only reason the state is seeking the death penalty is to get a bias jury to convict.

"They can think and tell stories all they like, but they're going to have to back it up with actual evidence and I don't believe they can," Baez said.

Judge Strickland did not make a decision Friday if the case is a death penalty case, but the defense says Casey is prepared for the highly emotional information that is sure to come out.

"This is no different than any murder trial," he said. "Casey knows ahead the road that lies ahead while its not a pleasant one, were doing the best we can to defend her and shes doing the best to be strong."

George and Cindy Anthony were not expecting this type of graphic emotional testimony.

Their attorney, Brad Conway said it was not necessary.

Judge Strickland said he will rule as quickly as he can but added he saw good lawyering.
A Somber Anniversary

Friday’s proceedings may have been especially hard for the Anthony family, as it marked the one-year anniversary of the day little Caylee’s body was found.

Roy Kronk, who was an Orange County utilities employee at the time, discovered the 2-year-old’s remains in the woods near the Anthony family’s home.

Kronk had previously called 911 months earlier to report something suspicious in the woods.

The remains were eventually identified as Caylee’s.

Casey Anthony’s lawyers have since argued the child’s body had been moved there by someone, though prosecutors said they have evidence the remains were there for several months.

~ Peter Frampton
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1196 on: December 12, 2009, 08:12:37 AM »

Caylee probably was saying "please make her stop" while Casey was winding the duct tape around her nose and mouth...no one heard her...her own mother made sure of that...Caylee's soft brown eyes were probably pleading with mommy to please stop....to no avail...oh yeah, that's right, Casey placed a heart on the duct tape to show that she was a loving mother...
Why should anyone hear Casey's pleas of..... please make him stop?

hopefully Caylee was already "out" when all this happened to her so that she didn't have to suffer through it...Casey and her parents make me sick! they will be forced to hear what their monster of a daughter did to their only grand child...even then they will not be wanting justice for Caylee...it is all about Casey...

monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1197 on: December 12, 2009, 08:43:36 AM »

Good morning, Monkeys!  Just wanted to say, before I have to go do some Mega Christmas shopping with my mom, thank you to all of you who posted links, updates, comments, not only yesterday, but every day. It's so nice to have this forum and you all, of course, make it the welcoming place that it is.  I'm a little sentimental today because yesterday was so emotionally draining.  (I don't even know these people and they do take it out of me.)
So, at any rate, I'll be in and out today, but just wanted to let you know how much every monkey means to me.

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
strayze
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1198 on: December 12, 2009, 10:18:52 AM »

Hi Monkeys. Just catching up and wanted to thank you for all of your posts today. I think KC's behavior in court today will follow to the trial and be a part of her undoing. Also, she needs to cut her hair-she looks like an evil witch. Anyway, I have a question. What comment did AL make that Kathi was referring to? I missed it. TIA

http://www.wftv.com/video/21935023/index.html

@5:03 .. Ms Lyon's gives Kathi her silent elbow opinion .. when Kathi is trying to get the facts after court. Start it at 4:50 when they are walking into the enclosed area through doors.

Given her baggy eyes, either Lyon has a medical condition, or she leads a life lacking sleep, or she drinks too much.  Does she always have bags under her eyes?
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1199 on: December 12, 2009, 10:30:03 AM »

O.k., I've been talking waaay too much tonight.  Can you tell I've had one too many cups of coffee?  Sorry! Going to step aside and let someone else have my soapbox now. LOL!  Many thanks to all of you who provided blow by blow action yesterday, links, thought-provoking commentary, and righteous indignation on Caylee's behalf.   Hope you all have a good morning and take good care!

ISpy, I appreciate your well thought out post; As usual scenarios which could certainly have happened.  I would, though, lean toward the first hypothetical, that Caylee was wearing the pink "Trouble" shirt while sleeping  somewhere other than Cindy's house.  The reason I say this is because Cindy always bought and dressed Caylee in perfectly fitting and perfectly coordinated outfits.  I am sure Caylee had pajamas to fit every occasion and night of the week and Cindy would never, ever, allow Caylee to sleep in a T shirt. Caylee sleeping in a T shirt would likely give Cindy the vapors. IMO Caylee was little more than a doll to Cindy, to be dressed and groomed and put to bed, always in the proper attire.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.