May 22, 2024, 08:06:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lindsey Baum # 7 1/27/10 - 4/6/11  (Read 327441 times)
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #340 on: April 29, 2010, 08:39:06 PM »

Here's the story that was just on the news from Komo channel 4:

Ten months later, Lindsey Baum's mom still hoping

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/92465749.html

Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #341 on: April 29, 2010, 08:45:49 PM »

This is the video from the story I just posted:

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/92465749.html?tab=video

It sounds like there's another round of investigating coming starting Monday. Yippy! 
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #342 on: April 29, 2010, 08:48:29 PM »

Here's the story that was just on the news from Komo channel 4:
(

I'd like to go ahead and print the story/article Basket Case.  Sometimes after a while the link can still be in a post but the article goes poof or sometimes it is archived and there is a charge to view it.  Thank you for bringing it here.  It looks as though there is also a video.

(Video at link)
Story Published April 29, 2010

Large signs have been posted on some semi rigs owned by Gordon Trucking reminding motorists about the mysterious disappearance of Lindsey Baum.
MCCLEARY, Wash. - Nearly a year after 10-year-old Lindsey Baum vanished while walking home at dusk, authorities are launching a renewed effort to figure out what happened to her.

Large pictures of Lindsey have been posted on Gordon Trucking semi rigs that drive up and down Washington state highways.

And a prominent photo has been posted alongside the highway in the small town of McCleary, where she disappeared on June 26, 2009.

The Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Office and the FBI are hoping those big photos, along with other new efforts - including a $25,000 reward - will help bring Lindsey home.

Local espresso stand employee Kristil Baun, like many other McCleary residents, hopes the new signs jog someone's memory.

"It's been a long time. I just hope it continues to bring it to people's attention, so when they are out and about, they have her picture in their mind," she says.

A local company, Cabinet Distributors, donated the high-profile photo of Lindsey alongside the highway in McCleary.

"Right on the freeway, and good exposure - so just a good way to let everybody know that she's still out there and needs to be found," says Teresa Andrews of Cabinet Distributors.

Along with the signs and the increase in the reward, a renewed investigative effort will be launched Monday.

FBI agents, sheriff's deputies and police detectives will be going back and interviewing some of the same people they talked to last month - and some people who've yet to be interviewed.

"We did develop information about people who we now know were in and around McCleary on June 26, 2009, during that time period we're focused on, that we didn't previously know about," says Undersheriff Rick Scott.

Investigators say there are several persons of interest - but no one has surfaced as a suspect.

Nevertheless, Lindsey's mother remains hopeful.

"I would still like everyone who was in the area on June 26th of last year to think back," says Melissa Baum. "I know it's been 10 months and four days, but maybe you don't realize (the importance of) something that you saw or heard."

The new effort is mainly door-to-door interviewing. But if needed, dogs and search teams are standing by - ready to help.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #343 on: April 29, 2010, 09:24:42 PM »

Thanks MuffyBee, here is another news video from King channel 5:

More efforts to find Lindsey Baum
http://www.king5.com/video/featured-videos/More-efforts-to-find-Lindsey-Baum-92469359.html
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #344 on: April 29, 2010, 09:42:08 PM »

Thanks MuffyBee, here is another news video from King channel 5:

More efforts to find Lindsey Baum
http://www.king5.com/video/featured-videos/More-efforts-to-find-Lindsey-Baum-92469359.html

Thank you, Basket Case.  I truly hope Lindsey's case has been given a big boost and she will be brought home soon.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #345 on: April 30, 2010, 04:08:11 PM »

Missing girl's investigation stepped up
Lindsey Baum: Reward now $25,000
JEREMY PAWLOSKI; Staff writer | • Published April 30, 2010

Comments (6)   
MCCLEARY - As the first anniversary of Lindsey Baum's disappearance approaches, the Grays Harbor Sheriff's Office is stepping up its investigative efforts, Undersheriff Rick Scott announced during a news conference at the McCleary City Hall on Thursday.

Lindsey was 10 years old when she disappeared on June 26. She has not been found, and investigators think she is the victim of foul play.

At every turn, police have been stymied by a lack of evidence or clues, despite numerous massive searches of the area in and around McCleary.

“We’re going to be here as long as it takes,” Scott said during Thursday’s news conference. “We’re still as tenacious in our investigation as we were from day one.”

The refocused efforts will start Monday, Scott said, and will include re-interviewing people who live in the area of Maple Street, where Lindsey disappeared, and researching areas in and around McCleary in an effort to find her.

Scott said the point of the intensive investigation in McCleary is to get a sharper snapshot of exactly what was going on around town when Lindsey disappeared.

Lindsey was walking home from a friend’s on Maple Street shortly before 9:15 p.m. June 26 when she disappeared. The last time someone saw Lindsey on her approximately half-mile walk to her mom’s old home on Mommsen Road was at about 9:15 that evening, when a resident saw her walking on Maple Street between Fifth and Sixth streets, police have said.

On Thursday, Scott also announced that the FBI has added $5,000 to the reward money being offered for information that leads to Lindsey’s whereabouts, or the arrest and charges filed for the person or persons responsible for her disappearance.

The total reward money now being offered is $25,000.

Another new tool being used by investigators are five large trailer trucks posted with large photos of Lindsey, along with a phone number, 1-800-THE-LOST, that’s used by the Washington State Patrol’s Homeward Bound program in an effort to find missing children. The trucks were donated by Gordon Trucking Inc. of Pacific, Wash., said Luci Stewart, manager of WSP’s Missing and Unidentified Persons Unit.

Stewart explained that the trucks will be placed at strategic locations where motorists on local roads can see them. They also can be placed anywhere in the country where the investigation into Lindsey’s disappearance is being conducted, in an effort to get more tips.

Lindsey’s mother, Melissa Baum, also was present during Thursday’s news conference. She pleaded with McCleary residents to cooperate with the coming investigative effort, and to rack their brains for anything that might help them find Lindsey.

“Somebody out there knows something,” Melissa Baum said.

Melissa Baum said that she and her supporters are planning a community event in Olympia’s Heritage Park, tentatively scheduled for June 26, the first anniversary of Lindsey’s disappearance.

Anyone with information about Lindsey Baum’s disappearance can call in tips at 1-866-915-8299, e-mail tips to soadmin@co. grays-harbor. wa.us, or send tips to Post Office Box 305, McCleary WA, 98557.

http://www.theolympian.com/2010/04/30/1223499/missing-girls-investigation-stepped.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+theolympian-SouthSound+%28The+Olympian+-+South+Sound%29

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #346 on: April 30, 2010, 07:15:47 PM »

New push for info on Lindsey

BY JACOB JONES
The Daily World
Friday, April 30, 2010 1:09 PM PDT

With 11-year-old Lindsey Baum now missing for more than 10 months, investigators plan to conduct a second “surge” for information while a new awareness campaign posts her photo on the side of semi-tractor trailers.

Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott said the reward for information leading to Lindsey has also increased — to $25,000 — as the search for the McCleary girl stretches on without any clear evidence or suspects.

Local and federal authorities announced Thursday a new push for information, similar to a large effort in March, saying investigators will again contact McCleary residents with new questions stemming from earlier interviews.

“We’re going to follow up on a lot of the information that was developed in March,” Scott said. “We’ve been going through that, prioritizing that and we’ll be assigning teams of detectives to do some focused follow-up.”

Dozens of investigators will return to McCleary streets next week to conduct secondary interviews and some additional canvassing, he said. Detectives still hope to create a “snapshot” of the small town around the time Lindsey disappeared on June 26.

She went missing in the late evening while walking a short distance home alone from her friend’s house several blocks away. Despite sightings of her along the way, investigators have found no evidence explaining her disappearance.

The investigation is now receiving help from the Homeward Bound program, which outfits semi-tractor trailers with photos of missing children. Luci Stewart, manager of the missing and unidentified persons unit at the State Patrol, said Lindsey’s picture has been posted on five trailers so far.

“The kids who are involved in the program get the maximum exposure possible,” she said.

A handful of children in the program have been recovered, she said. Gordon Trucking Inc. has volunteered the trailers for the program. The trailers include Lindsey’s photo, name, website and a tip line number: 1-800-THE-LOST.

“As people are going about their daily lives, the more they see her picture, the more they hear her name ... the more they are thinking about this case,” Scott said, “the more likely they are to associate something they see with the case and then call us.”

In an effort to solicit new information, the Federal Bureau of Investigation also increased the reward for information leading to Lindsey’s whereabouts by $5,000, bringing the total to $25,000.

Lindsey’s mother Melissa Baum asked McCleary residents and others to think back for any small details they believe might help investigators — strange behaviors, suspicious vehicles or anything else.

“Maybe you don’t realize something you saw or heard (is important),” she said. “But somebody out there knows something.”

Scott said investigators have chased nearly 4,000 leads over the past 10 months.

“Every one of those pieces of information becomes an investigation,” he said. “Those have to be followed up until they either fizzle out or they become something we think needs to be factored into the case.”

Scott said the March push for information identified new people not previously known to be in McCleary around the time Lindsey disappeared, but none are considered suspects at this point.

“There’s nobody in this case that has risen to the level of being a suspect, of having specific knowledge or involvement in the disappearance,” he said.

Melissa Baum, who moved from McCleary to live with family in Rainier earlier this year, said the newest efforts keep her hopeful for her daughter’s safe return. She thanked McCleary residents for their help and continued understanding.

“I can imagine that it’s disruptive to the citizens of McCleary,” she said. “I do appreciate you all for co-operating with the investigation.”

Scott echoed her gratitude for the “fabulous” support of city officials and residents throughout the investigation, adding, “we’re going to be here as long as it takes.”

“We’re fast approaching the one year anniversary of Lindsey’s disappearance,” he said. “We’re working very hard to bring closure to this investigation and bring Lindsey home before that day gets here.”

http://**/articles/2010/04/30/local_news/doc4bdb1f876c753795599276.txt
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #347 on: May 02, 2010, 08:26:24 PM »

Hi, 

The other night I watched a Dayle Hinman show, a retired FBI profiler who works in Florida.  I caught something she said and it made me think about another take on what could have happened to Lindsey.

The person who was missing in her show had disappeared from a metro area, not a big one.  She said SS to If someone goes missing from inside the boundaries of a town it is very possible the perp did not need a car to abduct that person.

Here we have Lindsey who was last seen in a populated area quite close to the center of McCleary.  Could the person who took her possibly pulled her inside a home or garage, maybe a unit at the Beehive like we talked about before {which as of July had not been thoroughly searched by LE, at least 2 units weren't} and her body was somehow entombed very close to the point from which she was taken?

And if she did die in a situation like that I could also see the killer transporting her body in the middle of the night when LE stopped searching on Fri or Sat night, and that would be on a quad, maybe taken up to that area off Beck street where there is an old abandoned house up in the trees.  Or back to one of those cellars where noise was heard and smoke was seen on the night she disappeared.   Maybe by someone who she saw at the Shell station?

I'm not accusing anyone just theorizing by going back to the scene of where she was last spotted to see if working it from inside the box helps put anything together. 

I think it is very possible that her remains will be found very close by.  With the big push starting tomoz I hope this possibility is being looked at.   xox
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #348 on: May 02, 2010, 11:14:38 PM »

Scandi, I think you are right on.  If they are indeed focusing on the "neighborhood"/city they must be in the same train of thought. 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Scandi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #349 on: May 03, 2010, 01:40:49 AM »

Scandi, I think you are right on.  If they are indeed focusing on the "neighborhood"/city they must be in the same train of thought. 
Hi AZ,  I'm hoping you're right.  It is encouraging though after the last burst in the investigation where they did all the reinterviews and now another burst of positive energy on the part of LE.

I'm only going to stay positive for Lindsey.  She has to be found.  She will be found.  God bless all the LE personnel working on her case  xox
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #350 on: May 03, 2010, 03:20:11 PM »

Was it the mayor that said he came home about that same time, remembers seeing kid out but not sure if he saw Lindsey? These other kids he saw, I wonder who they are and if they saw her? Whats the story on the mayor, anyone ever looked into him? Just throwing it out there I guess.
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #351 on: May 03, 2010, 06:03:03 PM »

Two men sought in search for missing McCleary girl
by DREW MIKKELSEN / KING 5 News
Posted on May 3, 2010 at 2:04 PM
Updated today at 2:19 PM

McCLEARY, Wash. - Grays Harbor County investigators want to speak with two men seen on surveillance video the night a girl vanished in McCleary last June.

The men are not considered suspects in the disappearance of ten-year-old Lindsey Baum.
Police say they were seen entering a convenience store near the spot where Baum was last seen walking home from a friend's house June 26, 2009.

Investigators believe one of the men was driving a white Honda Ridgeline pickup truck.

Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott said investigators consider the men potential witnesses.

"Perhaps something they saw that's important to us was meaningless to them," said Scott.

Several dozen detectives are spending the week in McCleary conducting follow up interviews with other potential witnesses.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Two-men-sought-in-search-for-missing-McCleary-girl-92704724.html
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #352 on: May 03, 2010, 06:06:03 PM »

McCLEARY, Wash. - Grays Harbor County investigators want to speak with two men seen on surveillance video the night a girl vanished in McCleary last June.

The men are not considered suspects in the disappearance of ten-year-old Lindsey Baum.
Police say they were seen entering a convenience store near the spot where Baum was last seen walking home from a friend's house June 26, 2009.

Investigators believe one of the men was driving a white Honda Ridgeline pickup truck.

Grays Harbor Undersheriff Rick Scott said investigators consider the men potential witnesses.

"Perhaps something they saw that's important to us was meaningless to them," said Scott.

Several dozen detectives are spending the week in McCleary conducting follow up interviews with other potential witnesses.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Two-men-sought-in-search-for-missing-McCleary-girl-92704724.html

What the heck took so long coming forward about these guys? This was almost a year ago. I don't understand at all. The police must have seen these tapes in the beginning so why didn't they try and find them sooner? 
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #353 on: May 03, 2010, 06:17:39 PM »

Was it the mayor that said he came home about that same time, remembers seeing kid out but not sure if he saw Lindsey? These other kids he saw, I wonder who they are and if they saw her? Whats the story on the mayor, anyone ever looked into him? Just throwing it out there I guess.

Tracygirl, this is from an older post that talks about the mayor --

McCleary Mayor Wallace Bentley remembers the night Lindsey disappeared like it was yesterday. The little girl’s route home would have taken her right past his house. In fact, a confirmed sighting of Lindsey has her disappearing right outside his home on Maple Street, within view of his windows.

“I’ve been bending my brain around what happened ever since,” Bentley said. “I returned home from a retirement party for a city employee. I was there. I know I saw kids on the street. But did I see her? I don’t know. I wish I could say I did, but I just don’t know.”

Across the street, William Self, 79, says he was home, too. But he didn’t see anything either. He says an FBI agent looked through his home and in his backyard for Lindsey, like they did for practically every neighbor up and down the six or seven blocks it would have taken Lindsey to go from her friend’s house back home.

-- so yes, it seems it was the mayor. I don't know if he was looked into or not. I also wonder about the other kids and if they saw Lindsey.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #354 on: May 03, 2010, 06:24:07 PM »

What the heck took so long coming forward about these guys? This was almost a year ago. I don't understand at all. The police must have seen these tapes in the beginning so why didn't they try and find them sooner? 
Thank-you for that info, and I totally agree with you, they certainly should have spoken to them back then. IMO, this case was so botched in the beginning 
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #355 on: May 03, 2010, 06:46:05 PM »

Hi, 

The other night I watched a Dayle Hinman show, a retired FBI profiler who works in Florida.  I caught something she said and it made me think about another take on what could have happened to Lindsey.

The person who was missing in her show had disappeared from a metro area, not a big one.  She said SS to If someone goes missing from inside the boundaries of a town it is very possible the perp did not need a car to abduct that person.

Here we have Lindsey who was last seen in a populated area quite close to the center of McCleary.  Could the person who took her possibly pulled her inside a home or garage, maybe a unit at the Beehive like we talked about before {which as of July had not been thoroughly searched by LE, at least 2 units weren't} and her body was somehow entombed very close to the point from which she was taken?

And if she did die in a situation like that I could also see the killer transporting her body in the middle of the night when LE stopped searching on Fri or Sat night, and that would be on a quad, maybe taken up to that area off Beck street where there is an old abandoned house up in the trees.  Or back to one of those cellars where noise was heard and smoke was seen on the night she disappeared.   Maybe by someone who she saw at the Shell station?

I'm not accusing anyone just theorizing by going back to the scene of where she was last spotted to see if working it from inside the box helps put anything together. 

I think it is very possible that her remains will be found very close by.  With the big push starting tomoz I hope this possibility is being looked at.   xox

Your theory sounds plausible Scandi. When I first heard of Lindsey going missing I thought of the Shell station first thing, and the recent news story has me zoning in on that area again.
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #356 on: May 03, 2010, 07:41:51 PM »

I thought that we discussed the security video not working at the Shell Station.  Am I remembering that correctly?

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #357 on: May 03, 2010, 07:58:37 PM »

I thought that we discussed the security video not working at the Shell Station.  Am I remembering that correctly?

If I recall, there are two outside cameras and one was said not to be working.
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #358 on: May 03, 2010, 08:02:40 PM »

I saw a preview of the upcoming news at 5 and it looks like they are going to show the Shell's video clip. It also looked like they show the white truck outside driving off. Hopefully it will be online soon after so someone can put it on here.
Basket Case
Scared Monkey

« Reply #359 on: May 03, 2010, 08:21:23 PM »

Uncut surveillance Video Of Man In Plaid Shirt:
http://www.kirotv.com/video/23439010/index.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.