May 21, 2024, 02:37:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #673 8/3 - 8/5/2007  (Read 208303 times)
Destiny
Monkey Junky

unwatched kids will be given sugar + a free puppy

« Reply #780 on: August 05, 2007, 08:24:53 PM »

Did anyone on the island let MF know that Lorenzo's been released??  I feel sorry for him.  He has such a following.  Maybe Destiny can give him her contact info.  Laughing Laughing

BadBaaaaaaaaddBBBaaaaaaaaaaad Buckeye!

BTW. when I called Aruba 2day...I did not in any way mention the case, nor anyone involved, nor our SM site.

Way back when, I was putting myself through school, I worked as an assistant to a PI...learned a lot from him I did Wink

Destiny

I Stand With The Girl *NATALEE HOLLOWAY*

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #781 on: August 05, 2007, 08:26:03 PM »

Interesting discussions and I hate to leave......but, g'nite everyone.
Sweet,smishy dreams SF.
Smile

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #782 on: August 05, 2007, 08:27:55 PM »

Interesting discussions and I hate to leave......but, g'nite everyone.
Sweet,smishy dreams SF.
Smile

Nite SunFreak Wink

Aruba Beware *AN ANGEL LIKE NO OTHER* has fallen amongst you....may you know the fury of HEAVEN!
Rammstein
Scared Monkey

« Reply #783 on: August 05, 2007, 08:33:45 PM »

O/T to Ramm

Was reading up on Dutch attitude regarding transport of drugs (swallowing cocaine balls etc).  It said, the feeling was that poor people are the carriers and the goal is the shipper himself.  They don't arrest the carrier (the jails would fill up) but record his info (so he can't carry again) and send him back. Article said it has put a big dent into the shippers.  Is this true??

that was the rule because else it would have over-crowded our jail-system but that exception ended earlier this year. Now mules who are caught at Schiphol airport will face jailtimes just like any other drugsmule captured.

However, since the 100% checks from most drugs-exporting countries was introduced (all passengers of destinations known for drugsmules are subjected to a internal body scan, immediately revealing their drugs) the numbers of mules risking Schiphol as an entry port has dropped considerably (unfortunately they will be using less advanced airports elsewhere in Europe meaning the filthy drugs still get into the EU despite our best efforts).

Rule 208. Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than the question is an answer
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #784 on: August 05, 2007, 08:34:30 PM »

Did anyone on the island let MF know that Lorenzo's been released??  I feel sorry for him.  He has such a following.  Maybe Destiny can give him her contact info.  Laughing Laughing

BTW. when I called Aruba 2day...I did not in any way mention the case, nor anyone involved, nor our SM site.

Way back when, I was putting myself through school, I worked as an assistant to a PI...learned a lot from him I did Wink

Destiny

Now call the KLPD and find out whats going on.
GrannyToad
Scared Monkey

« Reply #785 on: August 05, 2007, 08:35:43 PM »

Rammstein wrote;
I know he was not in a position to make good on that promise. The only one able to decide that is the presiding three judges who will sit at Joran's trial in judgment of him.

Also Joran would have had to be found mentally ill in one of my countries mental institutions.

The police could however have advised him to be admitted for investigation of his mental capacities, however that would not be instead of jail time but as preparation for a trial.

Anyway you look at that advice, it is not advice you would give someone who simply left a girl sleeping on the beach.

Isn't Ramm suggesting that vdStraaten sort of offered Joran the opportunity to have a psychiatric evaluation before any trial? I know Dutch law differs procedurally but that's how it might have gone in US/common law.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #786 on: August 05, 2007, 08:38:06 PM »

O/T to Ramm

Was reading up on Dutch attitude regarding transport of drugs (swallowing cocaine balls etc).  It said, the feeling was that poor people are the carriers and the goal is the shipper himself.  They don't arrest the carrier (the jails would fill up) but record his info (so he can't carry again) and send him back. Article said it has put a big dent into the shippers.  Is this true??

that was the rule because else it would have over-crowded our jail-system but that exception ended earlier this year. Now mules who are caught at Schiphol airport will face jailtimes just like any other drugsmule captured.

However, since the 100% checks from most drugs-exporting countries was introduced (all passengers of destinations known for drugsmules are subjected to a internal body scan, immediately revealing their drugs) the numbers of mules risking Schiphol as an entry port has dropped considerably (unfortunately they will be using less advanced airports elsewhere in Europe meaning the filthy drugs still get into the EU despite our best efforts).

Thanks..interesting...
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #787 on: August 05, 2007, 08:40:46 PM »

Greetings to Rammenstein and to Carnut ! !
I can't stay, but peeked in and saw that Carnut was here and that Ramm had joined.  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #788 on: August 05, 2007, 08:41:03 PM »

Destiny

I tried....see below

Dear A Gasmi,

Thank You for your kind reply.

The reason I am writing to you, is that all over the news/media in Aruba and The Nederlands, is the story that Natalee Holloway is alive, and was kidnapped by her Parents.

Please, as the Forensisch Instituut, Ministerie van Justitie that has investigated this case. could you tell me of there is any truth to these stories?

Or, do you have forensisch evidence that Miss Holloway is dead.

Thank You again for your most kind reply.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXX

U.S.A

> Dear Madame,
>
> Our institute has indeed provided help in this case. For further
> information about this case I can refer you to the Ministery of Justice
> in Aruba.
> Kind regards,
>
> A.Gasmi
> NFI
> Communications
>
>
> -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
> Van: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Verzonden: woensdag 6 juni 2007 20:44
> Aan: Info
> Onderwerp: Require infomation Please
>
> Is your Institute the one that has provided help in Aruba regarding the
> Natalee Holloway case?
>
>
> Thank You in advance for your reply,
>
> Sincerely,
>
> XXXXXXXXX
>
> U.S.A.
>

>

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #789 on: August 05, 2007, 08:43:36 PM »

Maybe Victor/Lazlo will sign up and post.
Rammstein
Scared Monkey

« Reply #790 on: August 05, 2007, 08:44:48 PM »

Destiny

unfortunately the KLPD has not say over Aruban criminal cases like the one from Lorenzo. He was arrested on Aruban drugs offenses charges and his release was either by order of a judge or most likely by order of the DA. The ALE also has no say over who gets released from jail (at least not when the DA has been notified of said arrest).

Rule 208. Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than the question is an answer
Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #791 on: August 05, 2007, 08:44:51 PM »

Maybe Victor/Lazlo will sign up and post.

I would like that!

Dest

Rammstein
Scared Monkey

« Reply #792 on: August 05, 2007, 08:46:04 PM »

Rammstein wrote;
I know he was not in a position to make good on that promise. The only one able to decide that is the presiding three judges who will sit at Joran's trial in judgment of him.

Also Joran would have had to be found mentally ill in one of my countries mental institutions.

The police could however have advised him to be admitted for investigation of his mental capacities, however that would not be instead of jail time but as preparation for a trial.

Anyway you look at that advice, it is not advice you would give someone who simply left a girl sleeping on the beach.

Isn't Ramm suggesting that vdStraaten sort of offered Joran the opportunity to have a psychiatric evaluation before any trial? I know Dutch law differs procedurally but that's how it might have gone in US/common law.

yes, but it is not legal or binding in our legal system. A DA may request such an investigation into mental health but a judge has to OK it before it takes place.

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #793 on: August 05, 2007, 08:48:40 PM »

Ramm

Isn't there some big drug initiative involving cooperation between Aruba, the Dutch and others (?US)?  Wouldn't this give KLPD some say??  Weren't they there during the "take down"?
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #794 on: August 05, 2007, 08:50:38 PM »

... but I am so lonely.  Chatting is not my thing. I get sooo confused.  By the time I compose my thoughts ... type them out ... the topic has changed.  On the forum ... the same thing happens but ... I can quote so that others know what the heck I am talking about.  I know that I am always behind but ... that is the story of my life.  I have gotten use to it.   :

Janet

7:00 PM

I hope I am not missing some good stuff ...
Janet ~ I'm 24 hours behind on this thread . . . I hear ya about the chat . . . . I can't even keep up with the forum when I attempt to reply.  Confused Confused
Funny, we were doing the Scrabble thing last night, too . . .  Very Happy Very Happy
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #795 on: August 05, 2007, 08:52:01 PM »

Nite SUn....

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Rammstein
Scared Monkey

« Reply #796 on: August 05, 2007, 08:52:50 PM »

Ramm

Isn't there some big drug initiative involving cooperation between Aruba, the Dutch and others (?US)?  Wouldn't this give KLPD some say??  Weren't they there during the "take down"?

No, in our legal system it is the DA who leads investigations and the police serves him in his investigations, not the other way around.

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #797 on: August 05, 2007, 08:57:52 PM »

Ramm

No, in our legal system it is the DA who leads investigations and the police serves him in his investigations, not the other way around.

If there is an international or multinational agreement, between the heads of state, wouldn't the DA have to encourage cooperation between groups...even if they didn't want to?? Who gives the "marching orders" to the DA??
Destiny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #798 on: August 05, 2007, 09:00:22 PM »

Ramm

If there is an international or multinational agreement, between the heads of state, wouldn't the DA have to encourage cooperation between groups...even if they didn't want to?? Who gives the "marching orders" to the DA??

The Elders '-)

Dest

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #799 on: August 05, 2007, 09:02:33 PM »

Ramm

The Elders '-)

Dest

Shhhhh..I was sneaking that one in.....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.