May 17, 2024, 12:09:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-MURDER TRIAL - DAY 10 - 6/4/11  (Read 513709 times)
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1700 on: June 05, 2011, 09:36:49 PM »

Has anyone found transcripts of the Opening Statements?

I would like to have a copy to download.

TIA.

an angelic monkey

Check out this link http://sprocket-trials.blogspot.com/2011/05/casey-anthony-murder-trial-day-1.html

Thanks, Blonde, it's good, but not quite what I want.

I am looking for transcripts of the entire statements without commentary.

Appreciate the link though!
I want one too. let me know if you get the real one

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1701 on: June 05, 2011, 09:38:54 PM »

Casey Anthony trial QOD: Who is Jose Baez?

snipped..

According to the Orlando Sentinel, Baez is not without his own closet full of skeletons.

Jose Angel Baez was born in Puerto Rico in 1969. Baez told reporters he grew up in the Bronx and South Florida with his mother, a single parent. He dropped out of Homestead High School in ninth grade.

He married at 17, became a father, earned a GED diploma and joined the Navy in 1986.

According to his résumé, Baez spent three years assigned to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization in Norfolk, Va., trained as an intelligence analyst with what he described as a “Cosmic Top Secret” security clearance.

Upon his discharge from the military, he attended Miami-Dade Community College and graduated from Florida State University. A black belt in tae kwon do, Baez competed with the karate, pistol and crime-scene team from FSU’s chapter of Lambda Alpha Epsilon, a fraternity of criminology majors.

Continued..

http://www.imperfectparent.com/topics/2011/06/05/casey-anthony-trial-qod-who-is-jose-baez/

For eight years after he graduated from law school, the board that screens prospective attorneys in Florida would not let him practice law. The Florida Supreme Court agreed with the decision, issuing an order in 2000 that cited unpaid bills, extravagant spending and other “financial irresponsibility” up to that time. Justices reserved their strongest condemnation for his failure to stay current on support payments for his only child.

His overall behavior, they wrote, showed “a total lack of respect for the rights of others and a total lack of respect for the legal system, which is absolutely inconsistent with the character and fitness qualities required of those seeking to be afforded the highest position of trust and confidence recognized by our system of law.”

And he still has this lack of respect until today.............I bet the bar regrets the day they decided to allow him to practice law.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1702 on: June 05, 2011, 09:41:43 PM »

Thanks to everyone for the great links and pics!
And thank you to snoopy for for being an all inclusive monkey! 

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1703 on: June 05, 2011, 09:44:19 PM »

I have been searching through this link looking for assorted stuff
http://www.thehinkymeter.com/casey-anthony-murder-trial/forensic-evidence/

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1704 on: June 05, 2011, 09:45:00 PM »

If Caylee was deceased when the tape was placed over her nose and mouth it was over kill because she would have likely been placed on her back, her hair would have fallen away from her face, and there wouldn't be so much hair attached to the duct tape...even if there was, some of the hairs would also exhibit the "death banding."

I think KC tortured Caylee, I think Caylee struggled and fought for her life while her mother placed those 3 strips of duct tape over her face. I bet that baby squirmed and tossed her head back and forth to avoid the placement of the tape and that's why there is all that hair was attached to the tape. If there is a "lack" of "death bands" on the hair recovered from the tape at the crime scene vs the hair still attached to her skull, one could surmise that Caylee probably pulled some of her own hair out in her attempt to either remove the tape (if her hands weren't tied) or she pulled some out as a result of the struggle between her and her evil mother. Like everyone else here, I would like to believe that Caylee's death was peaceful and she didn't know what was happening, or who was hurting her, but after learning what I have about casey, I suspect Caylee's death was quite violent...

The syringe, the chloroform and other evidence found at the scene are simply smoke screens KC set up over the course of the 31 days to create reasonable doubt in the event Caylee was found and KC was charged. The computer search for chloroform was curiousity because of RM's myspace posting and yes, she may have drugged Caylee on several occasions, but I believe the household weapon and neck breaking searches were for C&G. JMO

I have not thought about the hair attached to the tape before. The more we learn the more I get the feeling it may have been violent too.

I got the creeps big time when Doc Vass testified that the amount of chloroform that he was exposed to made him jump back like he did.... after hearing that I started thinking maybe she dumped the car because she was afraid the amount of chloro would get to her while driving it... maybe she not only used it to knock Caylee out when she needed to but also to help clean the trunk and maybe that's why the amount was so high. It's all speculation and she may have simply dumped the car after giving up on getting rid of the smell. Seems the amount of chloro Dr Vass was exposed to and the amounts Tony and friends were exposed to while riding in the car would be different...if it was that strong in the trunk, wouldn't you be exposed to inside the car? If it's strong enough wouldn't it be a hazard to people driving around in it? I've hauled trash in the car trunk and clean laundry and even a christmas tree and whatever is in there I can smell in the car. If the chloro was that strong in the trunk, maybe it's a sign that she used it to clean it later, after the car ride where Tony and friends were riding with her in the sunfire? Maybe she didn't just use to to knock out Caylee or whatever but also to clean it?

I can't wait to hear Doc Vass again.

I can't stand it whenever the news shows clips of kc rough housing with Caylee. After leaning more towards thinking her murder being violent, it's disturbing to me.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1705 on: June 05, 2011, 09:45:31 PM »

Snoopy - I found this on Trash vs. Garbage

http://www.swdahsv.org/faq.html#garbage

What's the difference between garbage and trash?
Garbage is basically food waste, paper products or most things that come out of the kitchen or bathroom. Trash can be lots of things including grass clippings, twigs, hedge clippings; or it can be junk or rubbish - generally, it's anything that doesn't come out of your kitchen or bathroom.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #1706 on: June 05, 2011, 09:49:55 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/video/18206395/index.html

Watch from the 8:00 mark.  George talks about 'the thing I done' and how it was all already determined by the time they got to the judge's chambers.  Is this when he allegedly threw his father through the window?  I'll bet Jose is waiting to introduce this as a part of his defense/blame George story

Ooh, something to look forward to?
---------
Rick
United States Reply »
|Report Abuse |#795 Monday Aug 18
Countrygirl wrote:
<quoted>

George was a homicide detective with the Trumbull County Sheriff's office until leaving Niles to move to Florida. There IS a
reason he didn't persue LE in Florida, it will come out at Casey's trial.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=3621.0
My take on what he said is that at some point in his past (and Casey apparently knew about this incident), G had to have a bond hearing at which time the particulars were worked out prior to his appearance in court just as they were when KC had her bond hearing.  I'm thinking whatever happened tarnished his record to the point that he can no longer work in LE.  If Bozo has done any homework at all, he's well aware of this and will introduce it during his defense of KC.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1707 on: June 05, 2011, 09:57:09 PM »

Garbage is basically food waste, paper products or most things that come out of the kitchen or bathroom. Trash can be lots of things including grass clippings, twigs, hedge clippings; or it can be junk or rubbish - generally, it's anything that doesn't come out of your kitchen or bathroom.

I mentioned this debate to my hubs and he (scarily) knew this already. But he read the dictionary for fun. sick boy!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #1708 on: June 05, 2011, 09:58:51 PM »

Well, that would mean it would be less likely to produce an odor, right?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1709 on: June 05, 2011, 09:59:31 PM »

It is expected that Dr. Arpad Vass will testify this week regarding the air samples taken from the car.  Here's some background information regarding that science:

http://www.ornl.gov/info/ornlreview/v37_1_04/article_18.shtml

Thanks for this article.....................

At the University of Tennessee Anthropological Research Facility (dubbed the Body Farm), Vass and his colleagues found that donated dead bodies lying on the surface or buried in shallow graves emitted more than 400 different volatile compounds. The researchers are honing in on groups of chemicals that are consistently emitted for each stage of decomposition: fresh, bloated, decayed, and skeletonized.

"We identified fluorinated compounds coming out as vapors from buried bodies," Vass says. "Since Americans drink fluorinated water, it may be possible that, as dead bodies decompose, fluorine combines with hydrocarbon compounds, generating an odor. We'd like to test whether cadaver dogs key in on these compounds."

At the UT facility, ORNL researchers collect vapors from a 2.5-ft-deep grave outfitted with perforated pipes, sampling ports, a video camera for visual monitoring of a body as it decomposes, and a capture hood containing a triple-sorbent trap system developed in ORNL's Chemical Sciences Division—a metal cylinder loaded with carbon granules that bind lightweight, medium-size, and large molecules. The collected vapors are desorbed from the carbon trap and analyzed by a gas chromatograph mass spectrometer at ORNL.

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1710 on: June 05, 2011, 10:02:24 PM »

My take on what he said is that at some point in his past (and Casey apparently knew about this incident), G had to have a bond hearing at which time the particulars were worked out prior to his appearance in court just as they were when KC had her bond hearing.  I'm thinking whatever happened tarnished his record to the point that he can no longer work in LE.  If Bozo has done any homework at all, he's well aware of this and will introduce it during his defense of KC.

I would guess it was when he threw his father through a plate glass window at the car dealership.

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1711 on: June 05, 2011, 10:06:13 PM »

Wow - so much to digest here today.  Been trying to catch up for awhile...

I don't remember who brought it up, maybe several monks, but if caylee was killed the night of the 15th or the early am of the 16th, then why would george testify that he saw casey and caylee off to "work" on the afternoon the 16th, when casey was going to her pretend job?

I can't wrap myself around an answer to that one.  Why?
mgoblue
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1712 on: June 05, 2011, 10:07:10 PM »

Watch from the 8:00 mark.  George talks about 'the thing I done' and how it was all already determined by the time they got to the judge's chambers.  Is this when he allegedly threw his father through the window?  I'll bet Jose is waiting to introduce this as a part of his defense/blame George story.

I believe that may have been his stupidity with the Nigerian scam & loss of money.   PS all she is doing is manipulating him to get her out of jail.
capp is that the bombshell baez is goiung to use as a bombshell?? IN  his closing??

It could also be the affair he had when he was separated from Cindy, others have reported the incident with his father, truthfully Im not sure what it could be but I dont give it a ton of concern either.   Casey's defense as her attorney put forward in opening statement is not only ridiculous & foul but falling apart.

Am thinking that the defense is going to call "River" as a witness.

Hi Monekys    I think they will call River.  I've also wondered if she was a working for Baez from the beginning.  Thoughts?

"You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office." unknown tea party participant
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1713 on: June 05, 2011, 10:07:18 PM »

Has anyone found transcripts of the Opening Statements?

I would like to have a copy to download.

TIA.

an angelic monkey

Hi Brandi

I have yet to find any full transcripts posted of the opening statements ... just videos.

Janet

+++++

Casey Murder Trial Brings Tears, Blame And Shame
Opening Statements: Jose Baez - Drane-Burdick
Witness: George Anthony
DAY 12: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13
http://www.wftv.com/news/28001858/detail.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1714 on: June 05, 2011, 10:08:22 PM »

cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1715 on: June 05, 2011, 10:08:42 PM »

Thank you klaas and Snoopy for the lesson on trash vs garbage.... I, like many others had  no clue...

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1716 on: June 05, 2011, 10:09:53 PM »

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20498564,00.html
Nancy Grace Sounds Off on the Casey Anthony Murder Trial
By Steve Helling
Sunday June 05, 2011 04:00 PM EDT

Nancy Grace (left) and Casey Anthony CNN/AP; Landov
During opening statements of the Casey Anthony murder trial, the prosecution wasted no time reminding jurors what the case was about: Prosecutors showed the last known photograph of 2-year-old Caylee Anthony, followed by a jarring photo of the Florida toddler's skeletonized remains.

Sitting in the gallery, talk show host Nancy Grace gasped slightly, before dabbing at her eyes with a tissue. "It was horrific," Grace tells PEOPLE. "That instantly reminded everyone – including the jury – what's at stake in this case.
 ::snipping2::

From the same article"

"She was a party girl, and now she's here in court dressed like an elementary school librarian," Grace says. 'You know what? We can see right through her."

You bet we can 

flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1717 on: June 05, 2011, 10:19:32 PM »

The only thing I can find on the syringe is below..
http://www.wftv.com/news/21539718/detail.html

Posted: 9:21 am EST November 6, 2009
Updated: 10:52 am EST November 10, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Over 2,000 pages of new documents were released Friday, including information that Casey Anthony may have had a bottle full of chloroform and a used syringe.

The newly-released documents are shedding new light on the evidence prosecutors are using to build their case against Casey Anthony including details about the evidence at the scene where Caylee's body was discovered.

At the scene where investigators found Caylee Anthony’s remains, they recovered a Disney bag that contained a Cool Blue Gatorade bottle. Even after the six months from time Caylee was last seen alive and the time her remains were found, the bottle contained a liquid that still smelled of household chemicals and a used syringe.

In the documents there was a bombshell of evidence:

Tests from the FBI show chloroform was in the bottle and in the syringe.
 ::snipping2::

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #1718 on: June 05, 2011, 10:26:40 PM »

Watch from the 8:00 mark.  George talks about 'the thing I done' and how it was all already determined by the time they got to the judge's chambers.  Is this when he allegedly threw his father through the window?  I'll bet Jose is waiting to introduce this as a part of his defense/blame George story

Ooh, something to look forward to?
---------
Rick
United States Reply »
|Report Abuse |#795 Monday Aug 18
Countrygirl wrote:
<quoted>

George was a homicide detective with the Trumbull County Sheriff's office until leaving Niles to move to Florida. There IS a
reason he didn't persue LE in Florida, it will come out at Casey's trial.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=3621.0

I do not see how he can introduce anything like this, as both sides had a deadline to when to submit their evidence by, and we have not seen a darn thing from their side, and they cannot have a trial by ambush, so if they even start it, Jeff/Linda will be up out of the seats in a heartbeat objecting.  There would have had to be depos with the state with whomever he plans to use to further this evidence, etc. 

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1719 on: June 05, 2011, 10:28:08 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6REw5KziV0I

News Video about the bottle and syringe.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.