May 14, 2024, 02:16:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #160 4/09/10 - 4/28/10  (Read 279682 times)
Rowanvamp0
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1680 on: April 24, 2010, 10:58:37 PM »

Dihannah

My prayers are with you and the family at this precious time..I have faith I too was a preemie and only weighed as much as a can of green beans!  I'm fine and grew up without any limitations and this was in the early 70's!  All things are possible with faith and prayer and I will include you and your family always!
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1681 on: April 24, 2010, 11:57:03 PM »

Thought Id check in late, I see from the above posting (tks Trimm) Simon seems to think he has an exclusive     I'll leave it to you monkeys to imagine what Im saying right now 

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1682 on: April 25, 2010, 12:52:07 AM »

Thought Id check in late, I see from the above posting (tks Trimm) Simon seems to think he has an exclusive     I'll leave it to you monkeys to imagine what Im saying right now 

Apparently, he follows the case so well that he didn't even know there was a doc dump.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1683 on: April 25, 2010, 07:17:26 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/os-casey-anthony-marinade-dave-20100425-24,0,4252926.story
Marinade Dave stirs up blog, Casey Anthony case
By Bianca Prieto, Orlando Sentinel
April 25, 2010
Among friends, Dave Knechel has always been known for three things: loyalty, fairness and dependability.

The self-taught artist, writer and cook has left his mark designing slogans for companies, creating advertisements for department stores and selling homemade marinade.

His biggest mark might be from his newest venture — his blog about accused child-killer Casey Anthony.

Knechel (pronounced NECK-al) is "Marinade Dave," a Casselberry blogger whose monicker comes from his days as a meat marinade maker. He was thrust into the public eye this month after he was the recipient of kind words from Orange Circuit Judge Stan Strickland.

The judge's comments sparked a defense request for Strickland to recuse himself from Anthony's high-profile case.

Strickland granted that request. And just like that, the judge was out and Chief Judge Belvin Perry was in.

It was an outcome Knechel never imagined when several months ago he posted a blog entry about the day Strickland called him to the bench to compliment him on the coverage.

"I rue the day that I wrote about it," Knechel said while seated in front of his laptop at the Seminole County Library. "I'd rather be remembered as a writer," he said, not the guy who played a role in Strickland's recusal.

But the incident itself speaks to what Knechel's friends say about him — that other people naturally like him.

Knechel's jovial and friendly personality has earned him friends in every walk of life, says his best friend of more than 40 years, Stew Bacheler.

"He's a real stand up guy," Bacheler said. "You've got a guy here who is a decent human being, who is extremely friendly to everybody, outgoing and has always been concerned about people and willing to help."

Bacheler pokes fun at his BFF, commenting that while he's happy that they're as close as brothers, he's sure glad they don't look alike.

"I still have most of my hair," Bacheler jokes. Knechel is bald on top with salt and pepper on the sides.

A 57-year-old, self-described former master hotdog maker who lives at home with his parents, Knechel started the Marinade Dave blog in 2004 with an idea about marinade and the aim of becoming a writer. Years earlier, he mixed and sold 12,000 bottles of "Marinade King," a wine-based sauce he cooked and bottled at home and sold in local stores.
The business, he said, ultimately was a victim of its success. He couldn't keep up with the demand.

The blog, Knechel thought, would allow him to teach people about how to marinade properly.

But over time, the blog evolved beyond sauces and food. Fast forward to November 2008. A conversation with his best friend's wife sparked Knechel's interest in the Casey Anthony case. Until then, he said, he knew nothing about it or the accused young killer.

The next day, with video camera and cell phone in tow, Knechel drove to Jay Blanchard Park to watch divers hired by a California bounty hunter scour the Little Econ River for the remains of Caylee Marie Anthony. Nothing turned up.

Knechel was hooked. He published his first post about the day's events.

"I have a unique view point on the case," Knechel said. "I could write about it as a regular person."

Knechel said he has tried hard to keep his blog posts about Casey Anthony —more than 200 of them so far — fair and balanced. He does, however, insert his opinions or emotions into his writing. Often he writes in the first person.

He said he has guidelines for those who want to comment on posts. He said he won't tolerate those who only want to trash the Anthony family.

"I won't run my blog at a third-grade level," he said.

Since that first Casey Anthony posting, readership has grown exponentially. Prior to writing about the Anthony case, he said he averaged about 5,000 page views a month. In March, the total was 100,000.

He saw a spike in page views after news broke of his low-profile friendship with Strickland. The blog has drawn 145,000 views so far this month.

Last year, long before anyone realized Knechel knew Strickland, the blogger won an Orbbie award for best news blog from the Orlando Sentinel, an accomplishment he said he's proud of achieving.
Knechel, who has health problems and is unemployed, devotes much of his time the blog. He researches laws, writes about motions and puts his thoughts together on the case. He even attends court hearings, takes video footage of news conferences and takes pictures.

Despite the effort, Knechel said he doesn't earn a dime from the blog. (He declined to talk about personal finances or how he sustains himself.)

The national news has garnered him lots of attention – some good, like an increase in page views and national exposure; and some bad, like a few death threats and lots of nasty e-mails.

He has not reported any of the threats to the police.

"Most are idle threats, I hope," Knechel said.

Bianca Prieto can be reached at bprieto@orlandosentinel.com or 407-420-5620.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1684 on: April 25, 2010, 07:22:30 AM »

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/the_buying_and_selling_of_baby_caylee_ufAOnT0ayX1x6XsKin5neI
The buying and selling of baby Caylee
Last Updated: 1:19 AM, April 25, 2010
Posted: 1:19 AM, April 25, 2010
For years we were told that if we ever knew how a hot dog is made, and if we ever knew the precise ingredients within, we’d be sickened by the mere thought, then avoid hot dogs for ever and ever, if not longer.

The same can now be said of commercial TV’s national newscasts, all of which ask us to regard them as the most trusted, reliable and credible on TV. But if you only knew what goes into making them.

For example, as Tiger Woods’ floozies began to out themselves, then get in line, why did this one or that one give first shot at their stories to this or that network’s news department? Why — or better asked, how — did they choose, say, to give their exclusive interview to ABC News instead of CNN, NBC, Fox and CBS? All, after all, were eager to speak with them.
Answer: Money.

The network that successfully recruits the most relevant, once-unknown players in any scandal deemed TV newsworthy generally pays the most money to those players.

The networks don’t flat-out write a check to these people — that would be “checkbook journalism,” and highly unethical, something those sleazy supermarket tabloids do, ya know?

The networks’ news producers instead will ask how much the player or players — usually the “other” woman or women in the scandal — want for personal photos or video. Does she have a rep to negotiate for her? After all, the network doesn’t own the rights to her photos, thus how much would it cost to, ahem, rent those rights?

And, with a wink and a nod, the network that bids the highest almost always wins the exclusive interview. “It’s now a common practice, across the board,” a network news producer last week told me. “You ask the person something like, ‘How much do you and the photographer who took your wedding pictures want for the rights to the photos?’

“And then the rest becomes understood: If you give us first crack at your story there’s money in it for you. That’s how it now works. Not very pretty, is it?
“Sometimes, depending on the story, you can land the interview for 500 bucks, sometimes a thousand, sometimes 10 thousand. Did you see the testimony, the other day, about ABC in the Caylee Anthony case?”

Caylee Anthony is the two-year-old, who in July 2008, was first reported missing by her family in Florida. The child, however, apparently had been missing for a month before authorities were contacted. Caylee’s mother’s stories neither checked out nor added up. Even before Caylee’s remains were found, Casey Anthony, 22, was indicted for murder.

Last month Anthony’s attorney revealed in a Florida courtroom that ABC News paid his client $200,000 in exchange for photos and video of the dead child. CBS News, it has been reported, previously paid a $20,000 “licensing fee” to Caylee’s grandparents.

Sick, ugly stuff, no? Checkbook journalism? Big time. Not what you’d expect from the world’s self-described most trusted and honest names in broadcast journalism, is it?

And to think that network news departments, while laying off dozens of staffers, have tens of thousands of dollars available to pay the country’s most dubious souls for the first chance to tell their pathetic stories.

“It’s a disgusting practice and everyone’s guilty,” said the same news producer, “but ABC is the worst. It pays the most, thus it lands interviews that others thought they had locked up.”

Imagine if a network news department found a politician, or a Wall Street firm, or a police department to have conducted its business in such a manner. That network’s investigative unit would be nominated for two or three Peabody Awards.

In the meantime, I’d put more blind faith in the contents of hot dogs sold on the sidewalks outside the headquarters of national TV news divisions, then I would in the conduct of the shot-callers within — those who call themselves broadcast journalists.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1685 on: April 25, 2010, 07:23:44 AM »

Apparently, he follows the case so well that he didn't even know there was a doc dump.

~ Peter Frampton
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1686 on: April 25, 2010, 09:42:32 AM »

I'd like to comment on the article about "marinade for brains" by the OS because I have nothing positive to say about it but I cannot and will not be negative today as I am mourning the loss of my kind & gracious southern charmed mother-in-law that passed this morning at 5:30AM.   As many may have seen a post or two this past month, she was failing after a very full almost 88 years.  When I arrived down south from Jersey, she welcomed me with open arms & heart, we became close instantly.    I told her years ago that she reminded me of a southern version of my "auntie" who literally was a saint on earth, in my eyes there is no higher compliment one could receive from me.   It is impossible to express at this time how much I will miss her  an angelic monkey

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1687 on: April 25, 2010, 09:45:32 AM »

I'd like to comment on the article about "marinade for brains" by the OS because I have nothing positive to say about it but I cannot and will not be negative today as I am mourning the loss of my kind & gracious southern charmed mother-in-law that passed this morning at 5:30AM.   As many may have seen a post or two this past month, she was failing after a very full almost 88 years.  When I arrived down south from Jersey, she welcomed me with open arms & heart, we became close instantly.    I told her years ago that she reminded me of a southern version of my "auntie" who literally was a saint on earth, in my eyes there is no higher compliment one could receive from me.   It is impossible to express at this time how much I will miss her  an angelic monkey
I am very sorry for your family's loss, my prayers  an angelic monkey
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1688 on: April 25, 2010, 09:53:45 AM »

I'm so sorry Capp.  It sounds like your mother-in-law was a wonderful person.  I hope with time, the pain and sorrow at her passing will soften and you will hold dear your memories of her in your heart.  an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1689 on: April 25, 2010, 10:01:15 AM »

Cappy,I am so sorry for your loss.   an angelic monkey

~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1690 on: April 25, 2010, 11:04:16 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/os-casey-anthony-marinade-dave-20100425-24,0,4252926.story
April 25, 2010
Among friends, Dave Knechel has always been known for three things: loyalty, fairness and dependability.

The self-taught artist, writer and cook has left his mark designing slogans for companies, creating advertisements for department stores and selling homemade marinade.

His biggest mark might be from his newest venture — his blog about accused child-killer Casey Anthony.

Knechel (pronounced NECK-al) is "Marinade Dave," a Casselberry blogger whose monicker comes from his days as a meat marinade maker. He was thrust into the public eye this month after he was the recipient of kind words from Orange Circuit Judge Stan Strickland.

The judge's comments sparked a defense request for Strickland to recuse himself from Anthony's high-profile case.

Strickland granted that request. And just like that, the judge was out and Chief Judge Belvin Perry was in.

It was an outcome Knechel never imagined when several months ago he posted a blog entry about the day Strickland called him to the bench to compliment him on the coverage.

"I rue the day that I wrote about it," Knechel said while seated in front of his laptop at the Seminole County Library. "I'd rather be remembered as a writer," he said, not the guy who played a role in Strickland's recusal.

But the incident itself speaks to what Knechel's friends say about him — that other people naturally like him.

Knechel's jovial and friendly personality has earned him friends in every walk of life, says his best friend of more than 40 years, Stew Bacheler.

"He's a real stand up guy," Bacheler said. "You've got a guy here who is a decent human being, who is extremely friendly to everybody, outgoing and has always been concerned about people and willing to help."

Bacheler pokes fun at his BFF, commenting that while he's happy that they're as close as brothers, he's sure glad they don't look alike.

"I still have most of my hair," Bacheler jokes. Knechel is bald on top with salt and pepper on the sides.

A 57-year-old, self-described former master hotdog maker who lives at home with his parents, Knechel started the Marinade Dave blog in 2004 with an idea about marinade and the aim of becoming a writer. Years earlier, he mixed and sold 12,000 bottles of "Marinade King," a wine-based sauce he cooked and bottled at home and sold in local stores.
The business, he said, ultimately was a victim of its success. He couldn't keep up with the demand.

The blog, Knechel thought, would allow him to teach people about how to marinade properly.

But over time, the blog evolved beyond sauces and food. Fast forward to November 2008. A conversation with his best friend's wife sparked Knechel's interest in the Casey Anthony case. Until then, he said, he knew nothing about it or the accused young killer.

The next day, with video camera and cell phone in tow, Knechel drove to Jay Blanchard Park to watch divers hired by a California bounty hunter scour the Little Econ River for the remains of Caylee Marie Anthony. Nothing turned up.

"I have a unique view point on the case," Knechel said. "I could write about it as a regular person."

Knechel said he has tried hard to keep his blog posts about Casey Anthony —more than 200 of them so far — fair and balanced. He does, however, insert his opinions or emotions into his writing. Often he writes in the first person.

He said he has guidelines for those who want to comment on posts. He said he won't tolerate those who only want to trash the Anthony family.

Since that first Casey Anthony posting, readership has grown exponentially. Prior to writing about the Anthony case, he said he averaged about 5,000 page views a month. In March, the total was 100,000.

He saw a spike in page views after news broke of his low-profile friendship with Strickland. The blog has drawn 145,000 views so far this month.

Last year, long before anyone realized Knechel knew Strickland, the blogger won an Orbbie award for best news blog from the Orlando Sentinel, an accomplishment he said he's proud of achieving.
Knechel, who has health problems and is unemployed, devotes much of his time the blog. He researches laws, writes about motions and puts his thoughts together on the case. He even attends court hearings, takes video footage of news conferences and takes pictures.

Despite the effort, Knechel said he doesn't earn a dime from the blog. (He declined to talk about personal finances or how he sustains himself.)

The national news has garnered him lots of attention – some good, like an increase in page views and national exposure; and some bad, like a few death threats and lots of nasty e-mails.

Good Morning trim and monks old and new........reading this cracked me up.....he is 57 and still lives with his parents?  Monkey Devil!     What I bolded above about the so called death threats, and he says he hasn't reported them goes to show ME he is full of CHIT!!  But he is smart enough not to make false police reportsd

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1691 on: April 25, 2010, 11:09:35 AM »

capp, my condolence on the loss of your MIL and to your husband...it is always difficult to lose a parent.   

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1692 on: April 25, 2010, 11:12:09 AM »

Cappy..hugs and peace.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1693 on: April 25, 2010, 11:43:05 AM »

I read Marinade Dave and I ususally like his articles.
He does have health issues, don't know if it's all diabetes related. Sometimes diabetes can cause heart problems, vision problems, and kidney problems. My ex MIL passed at 60 from this disease ( total kidney failure and a heart attack ) and she was not able to care for herself for many years before that. If he can't work full time for an employer who likes you to be there 9 to 5 Mon to Fri, I can't fault him for that.
He has earned his way with his Marinade sauces and other ventures. When my Mum was hospitalized I met many of her roommates who had this disease and they were all in bad shape. None of them worked and were on some type of disability which in most cases wasn't enough to live a life like most of us have. If he lives with his parents at that age, there is probably a good financial reason why he has to. I don't know what this man has to deal with on a day to day basis, so I will not be critical of him for that.     
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1694 on: April 25, 2010, 12:23:48 PM »

I just wanted to let all of you know that I appreciate your thoughts & prayers very much.   Over the past 2 years, I feel as though I know you all & even though we've met as I call it "in the box" your friendships are just as special to me as if we shared life face to face.   It is such a comfort to have family & friends not only to enjoy life but to lean on when times are difficult.  My MIL was quite the little fighter & battled many health issues over the years but she lived a fulfilling just shy of 88 years & spread her love unconditionally.  I have to remember now that she was most uncomfortable and ready to move on to be with her husband & other relatives in God's arms as I grieve missing her here with us.   The days ahead will be difficult & busy but Im going to try my best to celebrate her life between my tears.   My husband wishes to express his appreciation as well, of course, he's having even a more difficult time than I.   

I'll be in and out as I can over the next few days, we are awaiting arrangements for transfer from Dallas (1 SIL lives there)  back to Bama where Elsa resided in their family home for much of her life.

Thank you all 

On the case, although I have been very critical of MD, I would never make fun of his health issues but as you all know I  have my feelings on his involvement in this case, his character & motive, for today I'll leave it at that (I know shocking, right).

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1695 on: April 25, 2010, 01:06:57 PM »

On the case, although I have been very critical of MD, I would never make fun of his health issues but as you all know I  have my feelings on his involvement in this case, his character & motive, for today I'll leave it at that (I know shocking, right).
I know that you didn't mean that, just from reading your posts for along time Cappy.
Prayers to you and to your husband of the loss  of your Mother In law.
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1696 on: April 25, 2010, 02:39:11 PM »

April 25, 2010

One word ...................

BARF !!!

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
TURBOTHINK
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1697 on: April 25, 2010, 02:43:35 PM »

I'd like to comment on the article about "marinade for brains" by the OS because I have nothing positive to say about it but I cannot and will not be negative today as I am mourning the loss of my kind & gracious southern charmed mother-in-law that passed this morning at 5:30AM.   As many may have seen a post or two this past month, she was failing after a very full almost 88 years.  When I arrived down south from Jersey, she welcomed me with open arms & heart, we became close instantly.    I told her years ago that she reminded me of a southern version of my "auntie" who literally was a saint on earth, in my eyes there is no higher compliment one could receive from me.   It is impossible to express at this time how much I will miss her  an angelic monkey

Ahhhhhhhhhh, so sorry to hear about your MIL - Southern Ladies are hard to find in this day and time and you were really blessed to have been brought into her family. My condolences to you and your husband.

I bet she is sitting on that big ole Southern Mansion porch right now drinking those cold, frosty mint juleps . LOL

Where you find a generational evil, you find chaos, lies and many family secrets.

There is a DEEP GENERATIONAL EVIL in the Anthony family.
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1698 on: April 25, 2010, 04:02:37 PM »

Prayers, Capp, you know your branch will be kept warm waiting for you

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1699 on: April 25, 2010, 04:26:09 PM »

Sorry about your loss, Capp.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.