May 14, 2024, 10:21:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #38 4/27/09 - 5/02/09  (Read 112764 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #380 on: April 29, 2009, 10:08:32 PM »

Hi, Bearly.  I've been around, but am getting ready to get dressed for a wake, so don't be insulted if I don't respond.  This will be the 4th in a month.   

I'm so sorry 2NJ!  I hope your days are brighter soon.  (((hugs)))

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #381 on: April 29, 2009, 10:26:39 PM »

What a strange and scary time we are living in when our President tells us to wash our hands, cover our mouths when we cough, and stay home when you are ill.  Basic things we should all know but something if neglected could take our lives. 

I guess it's back to the basics...

Handwashing is and always has been the best defense against most communicable diseases.  Most people don't think about it.  Most people go to work sick, send their kids to school sick, go to church sick.  Those are the things that spread disease.

I wash my hands constantly.  When I get to work that is the first thing I do in the morning.  After traveling on the bus and touching all the doors I can't wait to wash my hands.  In fact I take a paper towel to open the door because I don't want to touch anything until I eat my breakfast.  My boss laughs at me.

You and my mother need to meet San  You could be twins. 

She carries a little bottle of the antibacterial gel in her purse and even if we're going out for dinner, everyone has to pass her little bottle and partake 

Call out to Bearlythere - I've been slammed at work this week, just finishing up work for today now but I did see your kind and so sweet post to me recently and just wanted to tell you I appreciate you and thank you for that !! You have such a good and kind heart, tell your son you do a remarkable job as mod too !

Klaas thank you for the clean up on the recipe aisle, I keep forgetting to check file sizes before I upload 

I wish I could stay for I'll be on the road again in two weeks for six months, but I'm so tired tonight I just have to get some rest now.

Are we going to have a disco night this Sat night?

I continue to stand with the girl.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #382 on: April 29, 2009, 10:36:53 PM »

None, I will join disco nite Saturday if I am not too tired.  Have people coming to take away stuff I am not going to move.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #383 on: April 29, 2009, 10:38:23 PM »

I guess I need to find the Swing Flu thread.  One school closed for 7 days and ALL Huntsville public schools closed until Monday and I think all the county schools around H'ville.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #384 on: April 29, 2009, 11:14:10 PM »

Hi all! How is everyone tonight?

I'm laughing at the folks who wash their hands a lot. I do too. I've always done it, but I'll say this........

My hands look older than any other part of me! I try to put lotion on after I wash them, but between cleaning solutions and repetitive soap usage ............. they're a mess!   
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #385 on: April 29, 2009, 11:20:56 PM »

Hi all! How is everyone tonight?

I'm laughing at the folks who wash their hands a lot. I do too. I've always done it, but I'll say this........

My hands look older than any other part of me! I try to put lotion on after I wash them, but between cleaning solutions and repetitive soap usage ............. they're a mess!   
Get a mixture of retin A from your Dermatoligist.  Your hands look older because the skin is thinner on the backs of your hands.  Also, normally your throat and decollette.  Put this on every other nite, and keep a sunscreen on them in the daytime. 

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #386 on: April 29, 2009, 11:25:41 PM »

They just explain swine flu on Tv.  It originates in a bird having the flu, the bird droppings get into the pig food, the pig gets the flu, the pig sneezes on something, the human gets that on his hands and touches his face, he already has human flu, then he gets the swine flu???  Who knew????  I think the most fasicnation disease in our history was the Bubonlic PLague.  Can you imagine death carts going door to door and them calling out, "Bring out your dead"??  And mothers would not nurse their own babies because they were afraid???  Amasing stuff, that.

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #387 on: April 29, 2009, 11:31:13 PM »

And I just mispelled three words in two posts.  It must be my bedtime.  So Good nite.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #388 on: April 29, 2009, 11:49:13 PM »

Good Evening MT, Jackie, Anna, CBB,  chi monkey and Sweet Morgan
Good Night A1 Sweet Dreams & God Bless
Just heard on news ALL SCHOOLS in Fort Worth are closed until May 11.
So how's everybody tonight?

GOD BLESS AMERICA
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #389 on: April 29, 2009, 11:50:39 PM »

HI GE!!  I am fine!!  How are you?

Are they closed because of the swine flu?   
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #390 on: April 29, 2009, 11:51:34 PM »

And I just mispelled three words in two posts.  It must be my bedtime.  So Good nite.

Good night Always 1!!!!

Sleep tight and pleasant dreams!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #391 on: April 29, 2009, 11:55:42 PM »

Hi, All,

Schools in my area closed until Monday with one closed for seven days where two kids actually have confirmed cases of SF.

It's getting scary!

PERSONA NON GRATA

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #392 on: April 29, 2009, 11:55:51 PM »

Hello again, monkeys. Getting some spare time while I'm sick to spend catching up on things. 

Please get better soon. You are missed.

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #393 on: April 29, 2009, 11:55:58 PM »

Hi GE!

I'm guessing due to the flu?  Wow!
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #394 on: April 29, 2009, 11:56:47 PM »

Hi, All,

Schools in my area closed until Monday with one closed for seven days where two kids actually have confirmed cases of SF.

It's getting scary!

Hi Anna!!  How are you? 
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #395 on: April 29, 2009, 11:57:03 PM »

Good Night A1 - Sweet Dreams
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #396 on: April 29, 2009, 11:58:28 PM »

Hi, Bearly.  I've been around, but am getting ready to get dressed for a wake, so don't be insulted if I don't respond.  This will be the 4th in a month.   

My heart goes out to you. That is very difficult to go through.
It's a lot to handle.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #397 on: April 30, 2009, 12:01:17 AM »

Hi, All,

It's getting scary!

Hi Anna!!  How are you? 

I'm good, MT!

How about you?

PERSONA NON GRATA

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #398 on: April 30, 2009, 12:02:03 AM »

Janet wrote:

Blue Moon

How are your feeling.  Is all that mediction now working together for good without all those side effects?

Janet

Yes it is better EXCEPT I am not eating much at all.  The medicine makes my stomach hurt and I cannot put much food on my stomach.  But the good thing is I have lost almost 10 pounds since this started.  My BP is staying fairly low.  No more "psychedelic" flashes of light or dizziness.  I go next week for an iodine thryroid test.  It runs in my family and I talked to my older sister last night.  Hers is under control with medication so I guess I need to get ready for one more prescription.

So thanks for asking.  Yes I do feel better except for the hurting of my stomach and I will talk to the doctor about that when I go back after my tests.

Would the type of foods you are eating cause the upset stomach?
Sometimes certain foods can cause it even though you use to be able to eat the food.
Try and figure out if after you eat something if that is the one causing a problem.

And I'm glad you are getting the tests and starting to feel better.
We need Blue Moon happy and healthy!

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #399 on: April 30, 2009, 12:05:13 AM »

Hi, All,

It's getting scary!

Hi Anna!!  How are you? 

I'm good, MT!

How about you?

I am doing good!!  Been busy!! 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.