May 23, 2024, 12:58:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kyron Horman, 7 years old PORTLAND, OR #10 7/25/10 - 7/27/10  (Read 187001 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #720 on: July 26, 2010, 11:39:17 PM »

JessStar - thank you for your explanation on purpose of GJ.  Very understandable to this layperson.   an angelic monkey

Yes, thanks from me too. It was a great explanation.

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #721 on: July 26, 2010, 11:42:43 PM »

Desiree's sister spoke of Kyron.  His missing teeth and his big smile, his smile that always caused her to smile.  Said she doesn't ever remember him without a smile on his face. 
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #722 on: July 26, 2010, 11:43:25 PM »

what I am wondering is this... if they have to have a fed grand jury if this involves another state, then we will know there is something going on in another state?  or at least something federal..

but if they are across state line do they HAVE to use a fed grand jury?  or can they still us a state one?  that is my question.. I guess I will have to go look this up and see.. just wondered if anyone else knows...

remember portland is really the same place as van couver washington, you just cross the river/state line... its right there.  so would be easy to be across the state line and everything become federal. 

And that is what I'm trying to fit in that time line, the one where she was driving around while soothing the baby, but don't think that would be enough time to cross into Washington state, or would there be time to do so?

portland is at the edge of the columbian river.  on portland's side of the river is oregon, the other side of the river is washington.  just a matter of crossing the bridge, which takes no time at all.

Hi Wycks ;}  Trouble is to cross that bridge one would have to travel thru Portland to get to it :  the closest from SI by going over the St John's Bridge off Hwy 30 to N Portland and over to I-5 to the Interstate bridge.  Actually quite a trek depending on the time of day.

BTW just out of interest, Vancouver Lake is one huge shallow mud hole.  LOLOL  When first married we used to go there to fish for Catfish.  xox

Hi Scandi!  And true, depending on where one is and wanted to be would determine which bridge is closest to use.  I was just explaining how Oregon is on one side of the Columbian River and Washington is on the other side, just a matter of crossing a bridge.  Same with Nebraska and Iowa, a river is the stateline.  If someone sneezes twice crossing the bridge, they'd miss the stateline.  lol   

There was a discussion in the psychic forum about the searches, and how a container in the Columbian River moving with the current, might be in Oregon for awhile, then carried across the river into Washington.  And ideas about trying to see at some point if Washington SAR divers may also be able to help in the searches. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #723 on: July 26, 2010, 11:45:17 PM »

This might be a hint dunno

anitakissee tweeted

I learned tonight Oregon and federal law are quite different when it comes to "pleading the fifth."

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #724 on: July 26, 2010, 11:46:27 PM »

Please no one throw nanners at me but I am having a hard time with not feeling a bit defensive over why Kaine needs to know where she got the money to defend herself.  She didn't work outside of the home but she did take care of the home, or since we can assume she must have given she was a stay at home mom. I know, I know she most likely did something to his child but if she used her credit to get a loan, then I don't see why she needs to disclose that. Are they wondering if she forged docs of something? She is allowed to get a loan, get a lawyer and defend herself. What am I missing.

Again, please don't get all hostile with me.

I completely get what you are questioning.  Here's my thoughts.  In this situation where she hasn't been working and they are married, Kaine is probably thinking she doesn't have $350K in any readily available bank account.  I also don't think, although that is the premise of the disclosure, that she used any maritial property.  I think this is a two fold ploy..to find out where the money came from and to keep the pressure on Terri and her legal team.  At this point with no arrest..the only people applying pressure to Terri is Kaine, Desiree and Tony.
I believe that every filing his lawyer makes has LE and the prosecutors fingerprints all over it.  I think she has no resort on this one..she has to comply.  On the others.backing off meant she didn't have to give any info ..and all those she would have had to answer some very hard questions in court..about the MFH (divorce and RO).

Let's see what this response is.  Personally..I think Houze took a page out of the" let the media fund this trial." book..

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #725 on: July 26, 2010, 11:47:45 PM »

anitakissee tweeted

I learned tonight Oregon and federal law are quite different when it comes to "pleading the fifth."

Thanks OS - been waiting for this.

Wish that woman would just spit it out in one tweet!    

4 Donks
Monkey Junky

« Reply #726 on: July 26, 2010, 11:51:16 PM »

anitakissee tweeted

This person sounds like a ditz. It's a constitutional right against self incrimination dictated by the 5th Amendment period. Has nothing to do with state law.

Attitude may not be everything but it counts.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #727 on: July 26, 2010, 11:53:05 PM »

anitakissee tweeted

She's a member of the media.

I am starting the NG school of media.

That's her take on "bombshells."

JMO.

Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #728 on: July 26, 2010, 11:53:07 PM »

The friendship rumor of Terri and Desiree was cleared up by Desiree.

She said she only learned of Terri in 2002 when she was 8 months pregnant with Kyron. Kaine was not faithful to Desiree. He had an affair with Terri.

uh, ya think? we all knew that anyway...huh? man i just feel so terrible for desiree! for all of them!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #729 on: July 26, 2010, 11:55:24 PM »

Jess Star rocks! 

She does indeed!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #730 on: July 26, 2010, 11:55:32 PM »

anitakissee tweeted

Just learned WHY DeDe Spicher answered no questions in front of the grand jury today... and why her attorney wasn't even allowed in.

ME: hope we find out before midnite...

Attorneys are never allowed in with a witness in a GJ hearing

That's how I understand it.

I'm thinking Anita is all hat, no cattle.

not me. i think she's amazing. her credentials are incredible & her awards outstanding.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #731 on: July 26, 2010, 11:56:41 PM »

Desiree's sister spoke of Kyron.  His missing teeth and his big smile, his smile that always caused her to smile.  Said she doesn't ever remember him without a smile on his face. 

I comprehend perfectly.  Kyron's smiling face in photos alway made me smile.  I am thankful that Kyron appeared to enjoy life and appeared to be surrounded by love in the seven short years he was afforded.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #732 on: July 26, 2010, 11:56:46 PM »

anitakissee tweeted

Boy I agree, it will probably be on KGW long before we find out from twitter though. Like the other nite. grrr

will keep checking.

OS

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #733 on: July 26, 2010, 11:58:00 PM »

I comprehend perfectly.  Kyron's smiling face in photos alway made me smile.  I am thankful that Kyron appeared to enjoy life and appeared to be surrounded by love in the seven short years he was afforded.

Janet

Amen to that Janet!  Amen.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #734 on: July 26, 2010, 11:58:58 PM »

anitakissee tweeted

She's a member of the media.

I am starting <to think> the NG school of media.

That's her take on "bombshells."

JMO.

Quoted to <edit.>

Brandi- Red has been the color admin and moderators use for editing and to call attention to their notations. When a poster other than admin or a mod uses red, it can cause confusion.  Please use another color or method when you edit your posts.  MuffyBee
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 12:15:10 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #735 on: July 26, 2010, 11:59:11 PM »

anitakissee tweeted

Boy I agree, it will probably be on KGW long before we find out from twitter though. Like the other nite. grrr

will keep checking.

OS

Thanks OS!
mchenry
Scared Monkey

« Reply #736 on: July 27, 2010, 12:00:10 AM »

On Dateline- DY showed us Kyron's room! The bottom bunk bed still isn't made. DY said she can't make it because it is just the way Kyron left it. She also said she hasn't been able to put away his laundry. The toys that he was playing with are still there on the floor where he left them. This poor Mom's heart is breaking! If I was DY I'd be in jail for assault and battery because I would beat the snot out of Terri until she told me where my son was!! It was good to hear TY. He seems very honest and he picked up on Terri's behavior! Good Dateline!!!
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #737 on: July 27, 2010, 12:00:12 AM »

anitakissee tweeted

Just learned WHY DeDe Spicher answered no questions in front of the grand jury today... and why her attorney wasn't even allowed in.

ME: hope we find out before midnite...

I didn't think attorneys were allowed in the GJ proceedings anyway.....
Maybe DeDe's trying to negotiate a deal for immunity.

Where is Kyron??

They are not allowed as far as I know.

I am thinking immunity also can't think of any other reason for going to GJ and either not being asked questions or not answering questions ask. Makes no sense to me.

guess time will tell.

OS

Why?

Janet

No defense is ever offered in a GJ, maybe Jess can explain it.

It's all prosecution in a GJ.

OS

The purpose of the Grand Jury proceeding is really to provide a check-and-balance between the police and the citizens they are charged with protecting.  In other words, the Grand Jury's job is to essentially protect the citizens against overzealous prosecutors.

OS is right-no defense is ever presented in a GJ proceeding UNLESS the prosecution decides to offer it.  The purpose of the proceeding is to test the strength of the evidence of guilt, and to determine whether sufficient evidence exists to create a triable issue of fact, that is, a jury question.  In making that determination, the Grand Jury is to take the evidence as presented as uncontradicted, and to decide whether, if everything they've heard is true, has a crime been committed.

No defense is presented because the grand jury isn't charged with determining guilt.  They're job is merely to test the evidence to determine whether there's sufficient evidence of a triable crime.

Does that make sense?

makes alot of sense. thank you jess!
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #738 on: July 27, 2010, 12:03:11 AM »

anitakissee tweeted

will keep checking.

OS

Thanks OS!

Nope won't be on KGW duh...she reports for KATU..

OS

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #739 on: July 27, 2010, 12:05:21 AM »

On Dateline- DY showed us Kyron's room! The bottom bunk bed still isn't made. DY said she can't make it because it is just the way Kyron left it. She also said she hasn't been able to put away his laundry. The toys that he was playing with are still there on the floor where he left them. This poor Mom's heart is breaking! If I was DY I'd be in jail for assault and battery because I would beat the snot out of Terri until she told me where my son was!! It was good to hear TY. He seems very honest and he picked up on Terri's behavior! Good Dateline!!!

Yes Tony seems very level headed. 
Terri was all indignant when polys were discussed.  Tony knows the family must be cleared.  Terri was all upset, said it would make her feel like a criminal, etc.  Later, Desiree appealed to her (Mom to Mom) to take the poly, just as she Terri would expect if Kiara were missing and she (Terri) was the last peron seen with her.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.