May 21, 2024, 03:47:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #499 7/21 - 7/22/2006  (Read 156858 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #900 on: July 22, 2006, 01:35:16 AM »

Good Nite to all ...
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #901 on: July 22, 2006, 01:35:30 AM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Coupled with unauthorized charges on three credit cards and the fact I cannot access two of the computers most especially the one from NL I am beginning to think it is nefarious.  There are alot of strange programs on my computer including Python which you may know about and I do have some settings changed quite often.  And also once had soemthing done to my SQL server that again I did not do and do not know anything about but it was on my desktop one morning just sort of out of the blue.

I've also had unauthorised charges to credit cards, and in all cases it could be tracked to phone orders I had made.
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #902 on: July 22, 2006, 01:36:38 AM »

Good night, Red.  Be good to Mrs. Red tomorrow.  I know she, like all of us, has a list of honey-do's.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #903 on: July 22, 2006, 01:38:27 AM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
[
I know you are not sharing, but I think what you see are other users computers unknowingly sharing with you, not other users getting into your computer. But just a guess on my part.

If I post some of this stuff here, would it make some sort of command and actually run here or can I post some of this without it doing anything?

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #904 on: July 22, 2006, 01:38:37 AM »

Coupled with unauthorized charges on three credit cards and the fact I cannot access two of the computers most especially the one from NL I am beginning to think it is nefarious.  There are alot of strange programs on my computer including Python which you may know about and I do have some settings changed quite often.  And also once had soemthing done to my SQL server that again I did not do and do not know anything about but it was on my desktop one morning just sort of out of the blue.

Now you do know that Python is a common programming language that is usually used in SQL development and web page creation?

The Python was probably provided as a tool with some development program you may be using.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #905 on: July 22, 2006, 01:40:12 AM »

[
I know you are not sharing, but I think what you see are other users computers unknowingly sharing with you, not other users getting into your computer. But just a guess on my part.

If I post some of this stuff here, would it make some sort of command and actually run here or can I post some of this without it doing anything?

Pretty sure nothing you could post here would run anything.

Not sure how helpful I would be in analyzing it.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #906 on: July 22, 2006, 01:41:13 AM »

I've also had unauthorised charges to credit cards, and in all cases it could be tracked to phone orders I had made.

Mine was for two months of phone service (internet phone service in the UK) and another for World Cup Tickets charged in Madrid Spain and another for something called Happy Talk which I shudder to think what that might be and to date none have been tracked to anything I have purchased, the credit card companies have removed the charges as far as I know without question.  But I did have to get notarized afficavits of them and submit for LE to trace.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #907 on: July 22, 2006, 01:44:03 AM »

Now you do know that Python is a common programming language that is usually used in SQL development and web page creation?

The Python was probably provided as a tool with some development program you may be using.

To my knowledge I am not using any development programs and if I were I would hope it would use something more current that that as it seems very old.  Some of the files have little jokes in them like things are Secret Sauce in comments and I think it has ruined my HP Photo imaging as I can't use it to edit photos any more as it gets all tangled in that old stuff that is very out of date.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #908 on: July 22, 2006, 01:44:32 AM »

Mine was for two months of phone service (internet phone service in the UK) and another for World Cup Tickets charged in Madrid Spain and another for something called Happy Talk which I shudder to think what that might be and to date none have been tracked to anything I have purchased, the credit card companies have removed the charges as far as I know without question.  But I did have to get notarized afficavits of them and submit for LE to trace.

My point my charges was that my credit card number was lifted from the place I had placed an order by someone in the sales establishment and used nefariously.

Now a days it's all part of the trade.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #909 on: July 22, 2006, 01:47:52 AM »

Hello fellow Scared Monkeys,

Am pages behind on my reading so if these ideas have been presented, am sorry for posting again

I am Pres. of a local American Legion Auxiliary and have been looking into ways of funding for our Vet's programs so would like to share what I have found.

1)Have been told by the local "I Sold It" on eBay company that items brought into them can be earmarked for the profits to be sent to a Charity. The Charity has to sign with them that it's OK to receive the money etc etc.

They set your items you want sold on eBay, take the pictures, et al and take a percentage for their work... however, it saves time if you don't want the hassle of taking the pictures yourself, posting yourself on eBay, collecting the money, paying the fees etc.

And then, according to the rep (my info is about 3 mos. old) will send a check or maybe it's automattically put into the checking account of the Charity.

2) The American Legion's catalog (Emlem sales) has a beautiful calendar for 2007... Very Patriotic, very pretty. Bought in bulk... and for instance sold at $5.00 (very low price when you consider what you pay in stores for calendars) a little profit can be from each one if charged just $5.00. I think that is a low suggested price for such a calendar. I have paid more than that many times over for pet calendars.

Go to the http://www.legion.org site and click on emblem sales or hopefully the links I have found work.. if not "calendar" pulls up the pages

The calendar in bulk from $1.95 to $2.70 is at http://tinyurl.com/jhcx5 (product number is CALENDAR)

There is a sample for sale at $3.95 at http://tinyurl.com/kmlpt
 (Product number is 2007)

3)Many of our local schools do eScrip. A certain % of what is spent on say airline tickets or Carl's Jr. (8% I think), Von's after signing up your Charity and registration of your Von's card et al.  The amt. is then sent to your charity. http://www.escrip.com Ralph's has their own signup and not under eScrip.

Just some thought about fundraising to get TES back to Aruba.

Good luck and God Bless all of your Good Works.

IBE

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #910 on: July 22, 2006, 01:48:43 AM »

{{deleted by request}}

Maybe it is all harmless as you say but seems to me like they are trying to get into somewhere they do not have permission to be.  Trying different methods ti access.

PERSONA NON GRATA

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #911 on: July 22, 2006, 01:52:48 AM »

Opps... sorry should have done tiny urls.. but don't know how.

Am a real Monkey now... blew the margins.

Sorry

IBE

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #912 on: July 22, 2006, 01:53:39 AM »

Things like this one I don't like the sounds of at all:

Maybe it is all harmless as you say but seems to me like they are trying to get into somewhere they do not have permission to be.  Trying different methods ti access.

Yep, that's definitely a Java script trying to download something from .nl site and run it.

Don't know how you got it, but I still don't think someone 'put' it on your machine from outside your network. Still pretty sure you had to go somewhere and open a webpage that downloaded it in the 'background' or it came in a nefarious email and downloaded in the background.

But I do agree is does appear to do something I wouldn't want to happen unless I knew what it was in advance.
Spock
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #913 on: July 22, 2006, 01:53:44 AM »

Like the rest of the Monkeys, I am hopefull for a NY trial.

However, I do see a problem serving witnesses and compelling them to come to NY for depositions and trial. Many of the witnesses (not the parties) JQK would like to question can simply refuse to come from Holland or from Aruba to tell their story. A NY judges subpeona does not have to be honored in Holland. It will take a Dutch Judge to compel their testimony in NY, and that subpeona from a Dutch Judge will be hard to get. JMO.

Think about it, do you remember Janssen could not even get Guido transfered to Aruba for questioning? The issue was fought sucessfully in Holland. It will be even more difficult to bring a witness to the States. Lawyers like Spong can tie this case up for years.
JMO

In My Opinion
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #914 on: July 22, 2006, 01:56:33 AM »

Quote from: "IBE"
Opps... sorry should have done tiny urls.. but don't know how.

Am a real Monkey now... blew the margins.

Sorry

IBE

Fixed it  Wink
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #915 on: July 22, 2006, 02:00:03 AM »

Quote from: "Spock"
Like the rest of the Monkeys, I am hopefull for a NY trial.

However, I do see a problem serving witnesses and compelling them to come to NY for depositions and trial. Many of the witnesses (not the parties) JQK would like to question can simply refuse to come from Holland or from Aruba to tell their story. A NY judges subpeona does not have to be honored in Holland. It will take a Dutch Judge to compel their testimony in NY, and that subpeona from a Dutch Judge will be hard to get. JMO.

Think about it, do you remember Janssen could not even get Guido transfered to Aruba for questioning? The issue was fought sucessfully in Holland. It will be even more difficult to bring a witness to the States. Lawyers like Spong can tie this case up for years.
JMO

Spock, we have to have faith in JQK and sned many prayers for justice so that Beth, Dave and the famliy and friends can have some kind of resolution.  It will not be Natalee and there may never be justice, but they need to bring her remains home.  Let's pray and hope and pray.  

We are beginning to see where that hardened criminal mind comes from in Aruba.  It seems obvious that people in Aruba are expendible and when they are not doing something to benefit the movers and shakers, they can be disposed of like the morning's dirty Kleenex.  

What is perhaps not as sad but also true, is if either one of these pompous  representatives of the AHATA were to cross one of them in any way, he/she would find their way to commit suicide by some extreme accident.  In other words, there is little humanity in any of them.  They are all out for money and power.  Strange that such a small, "nothing" place could make a newspaper reporter, courthouse clerk, judge-wanna-be  feel important and somehow indispensible

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #916 on: July 22, 2006, 02:00:33 AM »

GOODNIGHT ALL - try not to go beyond page 50.  You guys almost beat me to the punch last night  Laughing
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #917 on: July 22, 2006, 02:02:13 AM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
GOODNIGHT ALL - try not to go beyond page 50.  You guys almost beat me to the punch last night  Laughing

Goodnight, Klaas, and many thanks for everything.  Nobody wants to talk to me about the back seat so I will probably be on my way to the "monkey bunkey" myself very soon.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #918 on: July 22, 2006, 02:02:16 AM »

Things like this one I don't like the sounds of at all:

Yep, that's definitely a Java script trying to download something from .nl site and run it.

Don't know how you got it, but I still don't think someone 'put' it on your machine from outside your network. Still pretty sure you had to go somewhere and open a webpage that downloaded it in the 'background' or it came in a nefarious email and downloaded in the background.

But I do agree is does appear to do something I wouldn't want to happen unless I knew what it was in advance.

And that's just one of many.  Yes, I may well have gone somewhere and opened a webpage, Carnut.   Rolling Eyes I had this silly idea that was what the internet was for!  

That doesn't give anybody the right to try to invade my computer all the time.  Much less a whole bunch of them like that.  

Well, maybe now you will at least recognize (for the first time, I might add) that there is something actually going on, haha, and not just my imagination.   Cool I find all manner of things like this including last November when I had a major crash some script naming programs then saying "Adios!" and I think it was whomever does this removing them from my hard drive as that time I awoke one morning and nothing and I mean nothing would load, all drivers gone.

KLAAS

It might be a good idea to remove that script I posted as we don't want to give any of these little darlings any ideas or methods or means.  But really seems they have their own.   Rolling Eyes

PERSONA NON GRATA

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #919 on: July 22, 2006, 02:05:56 AM »

Thanks Klass!!! for saving the margins!

I also wrongly spelled "emblem".

Ugh

Thanks

IBE

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.