May 17, 2024, 06:06:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fla. couple who adopted 12 children found slain  (Read 239277 times)
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #640 on: July 29, 2009, 06:19:27 PM »

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/crime/Stallworth_In_Court_For_Bond_Hearing

No bond for Stallworth

Updated: Wednesday, 29 Jul 2009, 2:15 PM CDT
Published : Wednesday, 29 Jul 2009, 12:39 PM CDT

* Liz Nelson

PENSACOLA, Fla. - Bond was denied for Donnie Stallworth, a suspect in the investigation of the murders of Byrd and Melanie Billings. Stallworth was extradited Tuesday from Brewton, Ala. to Pensacola, Fla.

Stallworth was denied bond because the judge believed he would be a flight risk. The lawyer for Stallworth said he plans to ask for a reduction in bond. Stallworth is expected to plead not guilty in the Billings' murders.

Stallworth was held in the Escambia Co, Ala. jail under $1 million bond. While there, the sheriff said he was being kept out of the jail's general population, for his own safety.

The 28-year-old is one of the many suspects being held in connection with the murder of the Billings. Detectives say Stallworth was capable, knowledgeable, and responsible for killing the Florida couple.

Seven other suspects have been charged in the Billings' murders. Leonard Gonzalez, Sr., Leonard Gonzalez, Jr., Wayne Coldiron, Gary Sumner, Frederick Thornton, Jr., and Rakeem Florence have all been arrested in connection to the murders, and charged with open counts of murder.

Pamela Long Wiggins has been arrested and charged as being an accessory after the fact. Authorities found the safe that was stolen from the Billings' house buried in her back yard. She's due back in court August 5.

Authorities have also opened a food stamp fraud investigation against Wiggins.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #641 on: July 29, 2009, 07:30:00 PM »

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/crime/Stallworth_In_Court_For_Bond_Hearing

No bond for Stallworth

Updated: Wednesday, 29 Jul 2009, 2:15 PM CDT
Published : Wednesday, 29 Jul 2009, 12:39 PM CDT

* Liz Nelson

PENSACOLA, Fla. - Bond was denied for Donnie Stallworth, a suspect in the investigation of the murders of Byrd and Melanie Billings. Stallworth was extradited Tuesday from Brewton, Ala. to Pensacola, Fla.

Stallworth was denied bond because the judge believed he would be a flight risk. The lawyer for Stallworth said he plans to ask for a reduction in bond. Stallworth is expected to plead not guilty in the Billings' murders.

Stallworth was held in the Escambia Co, Ala. jail under $1 million bond. While there, the sheriff said he was being kept out of the jail's general population, for his own safety.

The 28-year-old is one of the many suspects being held in connection with the murder of the Billings. Detectives say Stallworth was capable, knowledgeable, and responsible for killing the Florida couple.

Seven other suspects have been charged in the Billings' murders. Leonard Gonzalez, Sr., Leonard Gonzalez, Jr., Wayne Coldiron, Gary Sumner, Frederick Thornton, Jr., and Rakeem Florence have all been arrested in connection to the murders, and charged with open counts of murder.

Pamela Long Wiggins has been arrested and charged as being an accessory after the fact. Authorities found the safe that was stolen from the Billings' house buried in her back yard. She's due back in court August 5.

Authorities have also opened a food stamp fraud investigation against Wiggins.

I wonder what Pamela has to do to get her azz put back in jail? 

Jesus loves the little children, all the children in the world.
Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Words: C. Her­bert Wool­ston (1856-1927)  Music: George F. Root (1820-1895)
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #642 on: July 30, 2009, 12:23:40 AM »

http://ricksblog.biz/?p=7036

Missing cars
July 29 20095 Commented
Categorized Under: Escambia County, May 11 2009

According to our sources, the business issue between Bud Billings and Henry “Cab” Tice involved “disappearing” cars from the Tice car lots.

Billings’ finance company, Worldco Financial Services, financed Tice’s floor plan ( See UCC). Worldco was to be paid as cars were being sold off the lot.

Bud Billings suspected that the missing cars possibly were being retitled in Alabama and shipped to Mexico and/or Honduras to be sold. Worldco was left holding the titles to cars that no longer existed.

M OT I V E

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #643 on: July 30, 2009, 08:53:45 AM »

There's than Honduran connection again. Why would they drive them all that was when they could have just as easily been shipped through a port? Cars, one way, Mahogany lumber the other.   

Red and yellow, black and white, they are precious in his sight. Jesus loves the little children of the world.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #644 on: July 30, 2009, 08:55:00 AM »

There's than thatHonduran connection again. Why would they drive them all that was when they could have just as easily been shipped through a port? Cars, one way, Mahogany lumber the other.   

self edit

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #645 on: July 30, 2009, 12:16:08 PM »

If ths has already been posted, please forgive.
It explains a lot to me.  It is from Rick's Blog

July 30 2009No Commented
Categorized Under: Escambia County, May 11 2009

A former of employee of a used car dealership tied to the late Bud Billings recalls his time with Billings as a rollercoaster of shady deals and high pressure collections.

He saw his former boss Ronald “Ronnie” Phillips, the owner of Beach Autos, Inc, forced out of the dealership by Billings to a new partner, who he claims was Henry “Cab” Tice.

Beach Autos, Inc. was formed in January 2002 with the late Melanie Billings as the registered agent (P0010964 ). In 2003, Terry Clement was named president and Ms. Billings remained the VP, Sec. And Treas (Beach 2003 ). In 2004, Clement, who had worked for several dealership in Car City, was gone–Melanie returned as President and the daughter Ashley Billings became vice president and Byrd “Bud” Billings was named the Sec (Beach 2004).

In 2005, Melanie replaced Bud as the Sec (Beach 2005 ). Later that year, Ronald and Patricia Phillips took over as the registered agent and officers. In documents filed the Escambia County Clerk of Courts, Beach Auto’s was sold to the Phillips by Melanie Brock (Billings) and Worldco Financial Services financed the floor inventory and lot sales (Beach 2005 A ). In February 2007, Ronnie Phillips signed a promissory note with Worldco for $27,000 and to be paid back in monthly installments of $2400 each. See UCC filings: Beach 1, Beach 2.

Phillips defaulted on the loan and Worldco filed a civil suit (2007 CA002990) against the Phillips, Beach Auto and Edward Horton. At the time, Worldco claimed Beach Auto owed the company $55,576.25 on the general agreement (floor plan) and $14,085.85 on the promissory note. The suit ended in a judgment against Phillips for $69,662.10. (2008037992-1 )

The employee who call the IN offices from Mississippi says that he believes Phillips left not on the medical leave that he said, but on knowing that he would soon be squeezed out of the dealership.

“I think what happened is that Ronnie ripped all the money he could (out of the business) and got out of there before things got bad,” says the former employee.

He remembers Billings and Tice as both ruthless businessmen who were out to make a buck at any cost. However, we could find no record that Tice actually took over the Beach Autos dealership.

“(Before Ronnie left) Bud called him one day and said he had to fire me or he was going to shut the place down,” he says. “Ronnie told me I need you more than (Bud), so he didn’t do anything. Bud called me an hour after that and said, ‘I don’t think I’ve told you what a good job you are doing.’ He set all of that up before Cab ended up (taking over).”

Even after Billings had said he was retired from the business, he still was running the shots. “The whole retiring thing I never bought. Bud was very active. He ran it all. He was the one you answered to; he just wouldn’t put it in his name. He would set you up and barely let you hold on.”

He also recalls Billings taking cars off the lot that were not his and selling them.

“He came in while repossessed and knowingly took the cars off the lot that weren’t his,” he says. “But technically, because they were repossessed, (law enforcement) couldn’t do anything about it.”

When he heard of the possible Tice tie with the murder of Bud and Melanie Billings, he immediately thought of the Beach dealership.

“From my understanding is that Cab tried to split from Bud and there was $200,000 worth of cars that he took,” he says.

He says when the business closed there were many unpaid debts—particularly warranties.

“Anything outstanding (wasn’t paid),” he says. “It may have been 30, 40, 50 warranties that never got paid.”

Popularity: 1% [?]

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #646 on: July 30, 2009, 01:39:22 PM »

Thank You, Magnolia. Very interesting.

Rizzy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #647 on: July 30, 2009, 02:35:37 PM »

Good Afternoon Monkeys 

I have been following this tragic case for a while now and I must say this just keeps getting deeper and deeper every day with the new information that comes out.  I do not think that this awful tragedy was over a robbery and nothing else ... way to much involved for that, in my opinion. 

I read way more than I post, but I wanted to thank all of you for bringing the information to the board here to share with everyone. I enjoy watching the sleuthing going on to find the facts.  I am not the greatest researcher, but I found a link that has a Billings Timeline that I thought might help to use as a reference on all the information that has been put out there.  Not sure if any of you are familiar with ACandyRose Timelines website but she does an excellent job of her timelines and I have utilized her case histories on other cases in the past to help put the whole picture together.  You can find the link to the Billings Timeline on the index page of her website here ... http://www.acandyrose.com  ... just click on the Billings case picture.

Thanks to all you Monkey's for trying to find justice in these cases that are being followed here ... there is pride in being a voice for those who can't speak for themselves.

Hope you all have a good day! 

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #648 on: July 30, 2009, 02:49:16 PM »

Good Afternoon Monkeys 

I have been following this tragic case for a while now and I must say this just keeps getting deeper and deeper every day with the new information that comes out.  I do not think that this awful tragedy was over a robbery and nothing else ... way to much involved for that, in my opinion. 

I read way more than I post, but I wanted to thank all of you for bringing the information to the board here to share with everyone. I enjoy watching the sleuthing going on to find the facts.  I am not the greatest researcher, but I found a link that has a Billings Timeline that I thought might help to use as a reference on all the information that has been put out there.  Not sure if any of you are familiar with ACandyRose Timelines website but she does an excellent job of her timelines and I have utilized her case histories on other cases in the past to help put the whole picture together.  You can find the link to the Billings Timeline on the index page of her website here ... http://www.acandyrose.com  ... just click on the Billings case picture.

Thanks to all you Monkey's for trying to find justice in these cases that are being followed here ... there is pride in being a voice for those who can't speak for themselves.

Hope you all have a good day! 

Thanks Rizzy~I'm very familiar with acandyrose from the Stacy Peterson case, and you are right she does an excellent job......heading over to check it out now.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Rizzy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #649 on: July 30, 2009, 02:56:08 PM »

You are welcome islandmonkey 

I also have found that ACR is very detailed in her timelines and they are a big help on a lot of the cases ... don't know how she finds the time to put all that infomation together on all these cases but she is great at it .... I can't keep it straight from page to page!!

Looks like she is going to be adding more stuff to the "read only" forum ... looking forward to seeing what she comes up with!
Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #650 on: July 30, 2009, 05:02:41 PM »

RIZZY,thank you for joining in on the thread, and bringing forward the information. Every little bit helps.   

Rizzy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #651 on: July 30, 2009, 06:50:41 PM »

RIZZY,thank you for joining in on the thread, and bringing forward the information. Every little bit helps.   

Thank you Fanny Mae!  I have been reading from the beginning but it seems that since the suspects were caught that a lot seem to think this case is over .... I think there is a lot more to this story to come yet.  If you read the timeline over at the ACandyRose site and are able to look at the dates and events in order .... there are a lot of things that leave questions still to be answered .... on both sides of the fence.  It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

BTW, here is a little good news I was happy to see  ....

http://www.northescambia.com/?p=9825

BREAKING NEWS: Pamela Long Wiggins Arrested On Bigamy Charges For Having Two Husbands
July 30, 2009

*snip*

BREAKING NEWS:  Pamela Long Wiggins, 47, has been arrested again in Escambia County — this time on bigamy charges for being married to two men at the same time.

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #652 on: July 30, 2009, 08:14:24 PM »

Thank you Fanny Mae!  I have been reading from the beginning but it seems that since the suspects were caught that a lot seem to think this case is over .... I think there is a lot more to this story to come yet.  If you read the timeline over at the ACandyRose site and are able to look at the dates and events in order .... there are a lot of things that leave questions still to be answered .... on both sides of the fence.  It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

BTW, here is a little good news I was happy to see  ....

http://www.northescambia.com/?p=9825

BREAKING NEWS: Pamela Long Wiggins Arrested On Bigamy Charges For Having Two Husbands
July 30, 2009

*snip*

BREAKING NEWS:  Pamela Long Wiggins, 47, has been arrested again in Escambia County — this time on bigamy charges for being married to two men at the same time.

Thanks Rizzy. I missed this when you posted. I have been over on Caylee's thread most of the day.

I guess she will be out in short order if her bail is only $5,000. I hope they will put her in for the big one soon.   

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #653 on: July 31, 2009, 10:59:34 AM »

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/crime/assault/BillingsMurderRecap

Billings murder recap
It's been 3 weeks since the couple
was killed

Updated: Thursday, 30 Jul 2009, 7:42 PM CDT
Published : Thursday, 30 Jul 2009, 7:42 PM CDT

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #654 on: July 31, 2009, 11:16:48 AM »

Billings murder recap
was killed

Looks like they are not going to come off any more information than they did to begin with. We will just keep digging.   

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #655 on: July 31, 2009, 11:27:01 AM »

Billings murder recap
was killed

Looks like they are not going to come off any more information than they did to begin with. We will just keep digging.   

I agree.  You guys are doing a better job at digging than the media is.   an angelic monkey

I wondered why her original bond was not revoked:

(snipped)

Assistant State Attorney Greg Marcille said even though Long Wiggins has been charged with a second felony, prosecutors can't seek to have her bond revoked on the accessory charge because the second marriage happened before her earlier arrest in the slayings.

http://www.pnj.com/article/20090731/NEWS01/907310332/Wiggins-charged-with-bigamy&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

link to photo gallery of her leaving jail.

http://www.pnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=DP&Dato=20090730&Kategori=NEWS03&Lopenr=907300806&Ref=PH

Fanny Mae
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #656 on: July 31, 2009, 03:11:37 PM »

Now how the heck is her marrying Hugh Wiggins going to shield him from back income taxes?? That excuse is lame.

Oh yeah, seeing her and all her glory strolling out of the jailhouse, I can see how men are just clamoring all over each other to marry her. 

She must have had plastic surgery on her face to have that permanent smirk plastered on it. I don't think she has anything to be smirking about at this point. I hope they arrest her every other day for all the things she's been involved in, and finally they will put her there for good. The plans for the Billings job were made at her house on Bramblewood before the fact. That is enough for me to say she should be charged with murder just like the rest.

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #657 on: July 31, 2009, 04:15:53 PM »

http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/2009/07/31/authorities-suspect-contracted-hit-in-couples-slaying-source-says/

July 31st, 2009
Authorities suspect contracted hit in couple’s slaying, source says
Posted: 02:51 PM ET
By Ross Levitt and Susan Candiotti
CNN
(CNN) — A source with knowledge of the investigation tells CNN the state attorney’s office believes there were two motives in the home invasion murder of Florida couple Byrd and Melanie Billings — robbery and a contracted hit.

The Escambia County Sheriff’s Office has long said that it believed robbery was the prime motive, but that it would explore all avenues.

The source said the state attorney’s office is currently working under the belief that most of the suspects in the case believed they were there for a robbery, but that Leonard Gonzalez Jr., who authorities have described as the organizer of the crime, and other yet-unnamed suspects were there to carry out a hit on the couple.

The source said that from “Gonzalez down” it was a robbery and that from “Gonzalez up” it was a hit. The source was not sure of the exact motive behind the hit.

The office of State Attorney Bill Eddins declined comment.  Monkey Devil! I bet he did

[
cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #658 on: July 31, 2009, 04:36:53 PM »

http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/2009/07/31/authorities-suspect-contracted-hit-in-couples-slaying-source-says/

July 31st, 2009
Authorities suspect contracted hit in couple’s slaying, source says
Posted: 02:51 PM ET
By Ross Levitt and Susan Candiotti
CNN
(CNN) — A source with knowledge of the investigation tells CNN the state attorney’s office believes there were two motives in the home invasion murder of Florida couple Byrd and Melanie Billings — robbery and a contracted hit.

The Escambia County Sheriff’s Office has long said that it believed robbery was the prime motive, but that it would explore all avenues.

The source said the state attorney’s office is currently working under the belief that most of the suspects in the case believed they were there for a robbery, but that Leonard Gonzalez Jr., who authorities have described as the organizer of the crime, and other yet-unnamed suspects were there to carry out a hit on the couple.

The source said that from “Gonzalez down” it was a robbery and that from “Gonzalez up” it was a hit. The source was not sure of the exact motive behind the hit.

The office of State Attorney Bill Eddins declined comment.  Monkey Devil! I bet he did

This makes much more sense. 

Thank you IM.   an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

cece
Monkey Junky

« Reply #659 on: July 31, 2009, 04:39:01 PM »

I forgot to add that I'm not sure Pam was there just for robbery.  How much would her cut have been?  Don't think that would help her out of all her problems.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.