May 07, 2024, 12:32:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD # 23 12/13/10 - 1/17/11  (Read 319051 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2220 on: January 08, 2011, 09:34:27 PM »

A reliable source (CC) told me that JSM is no saint contrary to her attire  Monkey Devil!

Klaas

GOD BLESS AMERICA
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #2221 on: January 08, 2011, 09:55:57 PM »

We had 15 inches of snow last night.  I started digging out at 10:30 this morning (there were some drifts over 5 feet high) and got done at 4:30.  Got my snowblower started and off I went to find my neighbour had already plowed me out so I started towards some of the other neighbours.  Got hubby's car dug out but my car is still buried.  It has still not stopped snowing and supposed to be getting another 10 inches of snow by the morning. Hubby called from work to let me know that he is stuck in the parking lot and there is a 9 - 17 hour wait for a tow even with our motor association membership, so looks like he is staying the night.

I have not decided yet if I am going to go out with the snow blower once more tonight or wait till the morning.  My biggest concern is the big drifts as it is getting really windy again.

I was touched by the kindness of people today.  As I was helping some of the neighbours I had not met till today a truck stopped, woman jumped out and in her hand she had a big carafe of Tim Horton's coffee and cups.  In the other hand some Timbits (donut holes).  She was driving around and offering coffee to everyone that was digging out.  She said when she got out to start shoveling this morning she was surprised to find that someone had already done it for her so she was driving around offering coffee for all those working to get dug out.   I have never seen her before but her coffee was a blessing.

Then just before dinner my doorbell rang and there was one of the neighbours that I met today while snowblowing them out.  She had a thank you card for me and inside was a gift card to Tim Horton's. 

My faith that there is more good than evil has been restored.  It is hard to believe that sometimes after following some of these cases but it was shown to me today and I am so thankful regardless of how sore I am right now.

What a great story NR - Well not the amount of snow but the caring spirit of people. Be careful out there - do not over do!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2222 on: January 08, 2011, 10:32:40 PM »

Babybear, I see you in the rafters.

How did the consultation go?

The one about Charlie's cataract surgery.

Oh, and I left you a post here: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4314.msg1283569#msg1283569

With this!

Thanks for asking Brandi.  I have been signed in, but haven't been at the computer.  Charlie is a good candidate for cataract surgery.  He's scheduled to go in on Feb. 2 and have the surgery on the 3rd.  He does have a heart condition, so they will do a chest xray prior to surgery and if it is enlarged, they won't operate.  I read the notes they gave me for the first time a couple of hours ago and they said he is lovable and adorable.  He really was a real little soldier during the exams.  After the exam, I had to go to the ladies' room and he went with me and tried to drink out of a toilet.  I'm a little nervous about it but know he has to have the surgery or go blind like my Yorkie did so I'm psyching myself up for it.

I love the Valentine avatar.  As usual I have to say I'm inept and ask that Klaas put it up for me.  Thanks for doing it for me.  It's darling.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2223 on: January 08, 2011, 10:46:50 PM »

Babybear, I see you in the rafters.

How did the consultation go?

The one about Charlie's cataract surgery.

Oh, and I left you a post here: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4314.msg1283569#msg1283569

With this!

Thanks for asking Brandi.  I have been signed in, but haven't been at the computer.  Charlie is a good candidate for cataract surgery.  He's scheduled to go in on Feb. 2 and have the surgery on the 3rd.  He does have a heart condition, so they will do a chest xray prior to surgery and if it is enlarged, they won't operate.  I read the notes they gave me for the first time a couple of hours ago and they said he is lovable and adorable.  He really was a real little soldier during the exams.  After the exam, I had to go to the ladies' room and he went with me and tried to drink out of a toilet.  I'm a little nervous about it but know he has to have the surgery or go blind like my Yorkie did so I'm psyching myself up for it.

I love the Valentine avatar.  As usual I have to say I'm inept and ask that Klaas put it up for me.  Thanks for doing it for me.  It's darling.

That's wonderful news. I know you must be anxious about it, but it's great he can have the surgery (assuming the chest x-ray is okay.)

I'll be thinking of you two on the 3rd.

Klaas reads here, if she sees your request, I am sure she will change your avatar for you.

If she hasn't changed it by tomorrow, I'll email her for you and ask her to change it.

Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #2224 on: January 08, 2011, 11:05:44 PM »

He seems to be feeling better. Thank God. I hope they keep the date we are going to try and leave this afternoon. If we can't leave this afternoon we will leave on Monday morning. We have a winter storm coming in tonight.  As we have to drive and it's a long haul to Washington state from Texas.

How are you doing? Hows your dad doing back home?

If you route takes you through Hermiston ,Oregon via Interstate 84,(this is the route hubby takes) stop in  at th Chuckwagon and I will buy you breakfast!

Thanks Nana we will be going that way. I have no idea what time we will be going thru. But would love to stop and say hi.  It's looking like we will be leaving in the morning. I am just hoping we have good roads.

If you e-mail me , sistertartz@hotmail.com, I will send you my #. As long as it is not Sunday, I would meet you anytime(we are closed Sunday's). I would love to meet you. We are only about  100 miles from Yakima! Funny, you are heading this way and Kyle is leaving Monday for Houston! LOL!

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2225 on: January 09, 2011, 12:19:15 AM »

He seems to be feeling better. Thank God. I hope they keep the date we are going to try and leave this afternoon. If we can't leave this afternoon we will leave on Monday morning. We have a winter storm coming in tonight.  As we have to drive and it's a long haul to Washington state from Texas.

If you route takes you through Hermiston ,Oregon via Interstate 84,(this is the route hubby takes) stop in  at th Chuckwagon and I will buy you breakfast!

Thanks Nana we will be going that way. I have no idea what time we will be going thru. But would love to stop and say hi.  It's looking like we will be leaving in the morning. I am just hoping we have good roads.

If you e-mail me , sistertartz@hotmail.com, I will send you my #. As long as it is not Sunday, I would meet you anytime(we are closed Sunday's). I would love to meet you. We are only about  100 miles from Yakima! Funny, you are heading this way and Kyle is leaving Monday for Houston! LOL!

That would be so cool for you two to meet!

I agree, serendipitous that Kyle is going to Texas while Green Eyes is going through your hometown in Oregon!

Cool beans.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2226 on: January 09, 2011, 12:32:19 AM »

I can do that.  It wont be Sunday as we are leaving tomorrow morning. It should be Tuesday some time unless we have to stop longer than we are figuring then it would be Wed. I hope we are there on Tues. As sister has her surgery on Wed. Haven't heard want time yet. Isn't that funny your hubby is coming here and we are going there.  I hope Hubs has a safe trip and doesn't push it to hard.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2227 on: January 09, 2011, 12:35:09 AM »

BabyBear  That is great news about Charlie. Prayers his chest x-ray is okay so they can do the surgery. I bet it made you feel good reading what they wrote about him. an angelic monkey Please let us know how it goes.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2228 on: January 09, 2011, 12:46:20 AM »

I agree, serendipitous that Kyle is going to Texas while Green Eyes is going through your hometown in Oregon!

Cool beans.

I think it would be cool to Brandi. I now have to convince hubs. He is one of those people that when he is going some where he drives and we only stop for gas and back on the road.  He has gotten better over the years. But I still have to prompt him to stop.
I am going to miss everyone. As I wont be able to get on line until we get to sisters. I told brother that lives there I was taking his lap top and using it while we were there.  Monkey Devil! Hopefully I will be able to get on in the morning before we leave. But If I don't. Prayers & Hugs to all of you. Hope every one has a great week. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2229 on: January 09, 2011, 01:12:59 AM »

Cool beans.

I think it would be cool to Brandi. I now have to convince hubs. He is one of those people that when he is going some where he drives and we only stop for gas and back on the road.  He has gotten better over the years. But I still have to prompt him to stop.
I am going to miss everyone. As I wont be able to get on line until we get to sisters. I told brother that lives there I was taking his lap top and using it while we were there.  Monkey Devil! Hopefully I will be able to get on in the morning before we leave. But If I don't. Prayers & Hugs to all of you. Hope every one has a great week. 

Hopefully, we will hear from you while you are there.

If not, we understand and won't worry about you.

Safe travels to you!

an angelic monkey

Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #2230 on: January 09, 2011, 01:16:21 AM »

Cool beans.

Praying for a safe journey for you. Your hubs sounds like my dad was...gotta get up early on vacation to find a place to sleep at night! Tell hubs he has to stop and eat...and free is the best kind! You may have to go about 6 miles off your route though...

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2231 on: January 09, 2011, 01:29:27 AM »

Cool beans.

Praying for a safe journey for you. Your hubs sounds like my dad was...gotta get up early on vacation to find a place to sleep at night! Tell hubs he has to stop and eat...and free is the best kind! You may have to go about 6 miles off your route though...

Maybe she can show her husband your menu!

I think it is a great place to eat!

...and meet a fellow monkey!

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2232 on: January 09, 2011, 01:51:41 AM »

Cool beans.

I will tell him You are right he has to eat. I gotta hit the sack. But you have nanners.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2233 on: January 09, 2011, 07:39:05 AM »

Good morning Monkeys!

Recovering from Christmas etc.  Son flew out yesterday 

A lot of sickness among fam. members but we're on the mend now.

Hubs got hit w/a sheet of ice that rolled from a roof on a bldg during our trip to the Falls.  He bled quite a lot just under his eyebrow.- it stunned him.  We think his glasses saved him.  I got nicked on the forehead.  He has had a raccoon eye for days and bruises on his cheek

Our little 6 year old visitor and his Mommy enjoyed the Falls and the cartoon characters
sculptures in lights.

Getting back to normal is a good thing - and more time to spend with the MONKEYS!!! 

Wow Can glad to hear you are all recovering. Sorry to hear about your hubs accident. Just think about the stories you can tell why he is walking around with a raccoon eye. (just teasing) Glad that's all that happened. Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family.
Thanks GE.  Yes, he is telling the stories - ''my wife beat me up' kind of stories (he's kind of old fashioned and corny)  I just point to the nick on my forehead and say I got the better of him.
We did have a wonderful time - next year we are passing on the trip to the Falls 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2234 on: January 09, 2011, 07:42:00 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys. 
4Donks,get the cardboard slides out! 
Maybe I will spiff up my Christmas tree box with all these craft supplies I have laying around. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2235 on: January 09, 2011, 08:10:00 AM »

Good morning Monkeys!

Hubs got hit w/a sheet of ice that rolled from a roof on a bldg during our trip to the Falls.  He bled quite a lot just under his eyebrow.- it stunned him.  We think his glasses saved him.  I got nicked on the forehead.  He has had a raccoon eye for days and bruises on his cheek

Our little 6 year old visitor and his Mommy enjoyed the Falls and the cartoon characters
sculptures in lights.

Getting back to normal is a good thing - and more time to spend with the MONKEYS!!! 

So glad to 'see' you, Can.
That is a good reminder:  ice can get you from above as well as below.
Poor hubby.  Glad things are getting back to normal.
I bet you miss that little 6 yr old, tho.  That is such a magical age.
Tol
Thanks Tol.  Yes, it is a good reminder. 
The little one was a delight - his eyes twinkle and sparkle.  Although we had met his Mom several times, this is the first time the little one has made the trip to Canada.  He arrived schooled to call us Nonna and Nonno.  So sweet! 
They spent some nights with us then went on to son's cottage.  The wee one was delighted that Santa had visited him there! 
Son says this will become an annual event.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2236 on: January 09, 2011, 08:16:41 AM »

Good morning Monkeys!

sculptures in lights.

It is sad to see family members go back home. Thank God that is all that happened with the ice off the building, my grandparents would get ice hanging off their roof on one side of the house that looked like giant daggers, we always had to walk way around to get in the house.  an angelic monkey  Green Eyes prayers for your sister and little grandson  an angelic monkey

Yes it is NRCG -I hate saying goodbye to loved ones.
I'm thankful too that the mishap wasn't worse.  Hubby was really quite stunned by the impact.  Son wanted us to go to the hospital and the police and file reports however it could have taken hours and hubs was quite insistent that he just wanted to go home to his own bed. 
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2237 on: January 09, 2011, 08:24:06 AM »

Good morning Monkeys!

sculptures in lights.

Wow how scary for your husband. Bless his heart. Glad you had a good visit, glad you can spend more time with the monkeys now the holidays are over.  an angelic monkey
Thanks JSM - as bearly says - time spent with Monkeys is never wasted...
or something like that! 
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2238 on: January 09, 2011, 08:36:52 AM »

We had 15 inches of snow last night.  I started digging out at 10:30 this morning (there were some drifts over 5 feet high) and got done at 4:30.  Got my snowblower started and off I went to find my neighbour had already plowed me out so I started towards some of the other neighbours.  Got hubby's car dug out but my car is still buried.  It has still not stopped snowing and supposed to be getting another 10 inches of snow by the morning. Hubby called from work to let me know that he is stuck in the parking lot and there is a 9 - 17 hour wait for a tow even with our motor association membership, so looks like he is staying the night.

I have not decided yet if I am going to go out with the snow blower once more tonight or wait till the morning.  My biggest concern is the big drifts as it is getting really windy again.

I was touched by the kindness of people today.  As I was helping some of the neighbours I had not met till today a truck stopped, woman jumped out and in her hand she had a big carafe of Tim Horton's coffee and cups.  In the other hand some Timbits (donut holes).  She was driving around and offering coffee to everyone that was digging out.  She said when she got out to start shoveling this morning she was surprised to find that someone had already done it for her so she was driving around offering coffee for all those working to get dug out.   I have never seen her before but her coffee was a blessing.

Then just before dinner my doorbell rang and there was one of the neighbours that I met today while snowblowing them out.  She had a thank you card for me and inside was a gift card to Tim Horton's. 

My faith that there is more good than evil has been restored.  It is hard to believe that sometimes after following some of these cases but it was shown to me today and I am so thankful regardless of how sore I am right now.

My faith is often restored by your acts of kindness Northern. 
What a nice thing for your neighbor to do.  Gotta love Timmy' g. c.'s.
My son is into 1/2 coffee 1/2 hot choc. w/a splash of mint!  Timmy's is always his first stop when coming home.
Our little six yr. old visitor had timbits for the first time and loves them and he's not even a sweet tooth.
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2239 on: January 09, 2011, 08:45:05 AM »

GE - Wishing you a safe trip and hope you can convince hubs to stop @ Nana's.
Prayers for your sister.   an angelic monkey
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.