May 14, 2024, 02:52:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey Musings Daily Open Discussion #9 11/19 - 1/23/2008  (Read 222519 times)
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #700 on: January 04, 2008, 07:21:57 AM »

Someone mentioned windmill cookies...my Italian grandmother served me my first when I was young...

It was me.  My grandmothers were Danish and German and I think both countries probably still have windmills in use particularly in rural areas.  Thank you so much for the lovely picture.  I love those cookies. 

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #701 on: January 04, 2008, 10:52:34 AM »

Well, I feel better now.  Knowing there are so many other monkeys with these premonition type happenings.  I am glad I didn't take the cat.  I knew if anyone would understand me...the monkeys would.  Thanks for listening.

Now, where do I find some of those cookies...I need some to go with my coffee this morning?
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #702 on: January 04, 2008, 01:44:52 PM »

******* and Sharon...It's been a really good year to be a Cleveland fan of any sort! Cavs, Indians and Browns all gave us plenty of excitement.

Don't mind that the Browns didn't make the playoffs, as they still have a little way to go! Can't wait for next year to see who the starting QB will be! Hopefully they will unload a couple of players that they haven't got their monies worth from, if they possibly can. It's been the 'Sons of the Cardiac Kids' this season and fun to watch!

Only sour note was LeBron wearing his stupid Yankees cap (Sorry San and 2NJs, the Yankees aren't stupid, LeBron is)to the ballpark! Even ESPN said that's why the fans in Cleveland booed him last week! Born and raised 30 minutes down the freeway and he does that! I don't think he'll be here much longer, but that's life in the NBA!
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #703 on: January 04, 2008, 01:57:55 PM »

Hi MUM,

Yes,Your Brown's and Indians will be back next year in contention for sure. Tons of young talent and we should see Brady Quinn take the realm,I forsee the Browns being the team to be reckoned with in that division for years to come.

I have been a Vikings and Cubs Fan all my life,Dont ask me why Sad I guess I'll stick with them forever,it may take that long before either of them ever wins a championship  Rolling Eyes

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #704 on: January 04, 2008, 02:37:46 PM »

Oldfart I found mine when I went to clean my disc and when I said OK it started to take forever and added a heap to what I had OK'd. I cancelled and started looking around and found that file.

Sometimes when I go to disc cleanup it says there is nothing there in the temporary files and when I click view files it's right there. It's marked DAT file and if I look in the bottom left of my screen it says IE 5 contents hidden. Well I don't have IE 5 On this computer. It's pretty new.

Not sure what I'll do, as all the new ones have Vista, and I don't know how many new tricks this old dog can learn! Laughing Laughing
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #705 on: January 04, 2008, 02:40:20 PM »

Klaas...if you are reading here today>>
Matthew Roy Garrett in missing peeps has been located. Thanks.
Also..I made a post in Cayle Bywater thread that I meant to put in Merideth Emerson thread...can you move it or should I just repost in the right place...it is the post re: Deliverance movie.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #706 on: January 04, 2008, 03:35:42 PM »

TYTYTYTYTY!!!!
Sorry to bother you, I know you are working.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #707 on: January 04, 2008, 06:35:51 PM »

I know I am a few days late, but I would like to wish all the monkeys a Happy New Year.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #708 on: January 04, 2008, 06:38:58 PM »

I know I am a few days late, but I would like to wish all the monkeys a Happy New Year.

Well, how-dee-doo Elaine!!     Happy New Year to you too!  You may be a few days late, but then, I'm still dressed for Christmas.   santa  I'm not in any hurry about anything...  Mr. Green

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #709 on: January 04, 2008, 06:47:56 PM »

Well, how-dee-doo Elaine!!     Happy New Year to you too!  You may be a few days late, but then, I'm still dressed for Christmas.   santa  I'm not in any hurry about anything...  Mr. Green
Hello MuffyBee~!! Good to "see" ya.. Very Happy
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #710 on: January 04, 2008, 06:59:54 PM »

Very classy avi, Elaine.  I like it. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
yapperz1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #711 on: January 04, 2008, 10:53:29 PM »

Fred's & Dollar General here have those windmill cookies. I love them with coffee & buy them all the time.

I STAND WITH THE GIRL, NATALEE HOLLOWAY

ARUBA
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #712 on: January 04, 2008, 10:55:15 PM »

Very classy avi, Elaine.  I like it. 

Elaine, I see you quit smoking! You look fetching in your new outfit. That avi is hilarious....I love it rofllll

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #713 on: January 04, 2008, 10:59:24 PM »

Fred's & Dollar General here have those windmill cookies. I love them with coffee & buy them all the time.

Look for them in the grocery section of your local store. They might have them. They are deliciousss. Almonds on top, and a good buttery flavor. Haven't had them in a few years, now I want one  Very Happy

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #714 on: January 04, 2008, 10:59:45 PM »

Hmm.  I wonder what Elaine has up under her beehive hairdo?  I guess you could hide things in there... Very Happy  The cat's eye glasses are very cool...

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #715 on: January 04, 2008, 11:04:34 PM »

Hmm.  I wonder what Elaine has up under her beehive hairdo?  I guess you could hide things in there... Very Happy  The cat's eye glasses are very cool...

Talk about big hair...haha...I can remember when that was the fashion 

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #716 on: January 04, 2008, 11:11:17 PM »

My last pair of glasses look like ugly betty in black. I think they got the order wrong!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #717 on: January 05, 2008, 12:11:53 AM »

I don't know WHAT's under that hair, but there's stuff growing out of it!  Shocked  Laughing

Happy Valentine's Day, Elaine! Love the Avi!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/Valentine%20Avatar/vel.gif
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #718 on: January 05, 2008, 09:55:14 AM »

Talk about big hair...haha...I can remember when that was the fashion 

I really miss big hair!!!!! My 7 year old son laughs at my old pics...but I LOVED big hair!!! lol
Lawdy the hairspray we used!!! lol
Great avi Elaine!!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
ldstlou
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #719 on: January 05, 2008, 09:58:12 AM »

Whew!  I have had one heck of a day. To preface from my weird question yesterday about the premonition.  Sorry I didn't get back last night, but that is a different story all together...I think.

Yesterday morning at 5:20 AM I woke up from a sound sleep.  I was actually dreaming a very pleasant dream, but as Tylergal said...maybe I shouldn't tell it so I will continue. My daughter's new cat was scheduled to be neutered yesterday at the vet.  She had been gone most of the week and I was cat sitting for her.  I was to take Miley to the vet and she would swing by that afternoon and pick him up and they would head home and be happy for the night. But something woke me up at 5:20 in the morning and this voice...not a real one that you could hear, but something said to me, "You can't take that  cat to the vet.  If something happened to that cat daughter would never forgive you."  Now, I have had many cats and dogs and always used this vet.  That is why she insisted he go there.  After this rude awakening, I thought to my self, you are nuts!  Go back to bed and get some sleep before you have to take the cat.  Not to happen...I lay back down, still planning to take the cat, when suddenly I became sick to my stomach.  I had to get up and thought I really was sick.  As sick as I felt I had this unexplainable feeling wash over me that said again..."Do not get in the car with that cat. If you do and something happens to him daughter will never forgive you."  I felt awful, I thought this is crazy, but I was beginning to wonder.  This feeling was so intense that I could not shake it.  I was awake for over an hour...sick at my stomach and worrying about the cat. I even looked in on him and he was sleeping soundly. Well, needless to say I got the message...I decided around 7 AM to just reschedule and as soon as I made up my mind the nausea left me.  Yes, I know, now go ahead and laugh but I swear that was the most intense feeling I have ever had like that.  I called the vet and canceled the appointment.  I just felt that I could not take the chance.  That cat is my daughter's baby and she would be devastated if something had happened.  I even went back to sleep after that and felt no effects when I woke up a few hours later.  So there is my story and it's true...believe it or not...it is fact.

One thing left to tell...my daughter called about 9:30 and I told her I didn't take the cat and she said, "Oh thank goodness, I woke up this morning about 5 and was so sick I couldn't stand it.  All I could think about was something was going to happen to my cat.  I should be the one to take him.  I was calling as soon as I could because I felt so strongly about this."

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it.  Weird!

you gave me goosebumps!!

"No justice for Natalee - No tourists for Aruba!"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.