May 05, 2024, 01:14:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RBN #19 - 6/23/05  (Read 300076 times)
CancunMole
Scared Monkey

« Reply #120 on: June 23, 2005, 01:44:55 PM »

Quote from: "kirbysquirrel"
Not a troll.  Just reading and not posting.  Got bitten the other day for being new and chose to stay away after that.

Hi, Rob.  Thought your info about security was interesting.  Having them *69 was very thought-provoking.

Never claimed to be psychic and surely due to watching too much Fox,  had a very bizarre dream last night regarding this subject.  Scared me how realistic our thoughts can be.  I guess I went to sleep thinking of that area near JVDS' home with the pond that had not been searched.  That would have been one of the areas I would have thought they would have looked very early on due to proximity, ravine, water and discarded items.  Very common discard area being used by someone and surely JVDS would have been familiar with it.  Other locals would be, too, I would think.  Wonder why no one had checked that before, now? Including family.

I am very much in support of the family, but being from the South, I know that southern attitude when I see it, and I was very much surprised at Mr. Twitty's attitude when being interviewed by Greta last night.  I can surely see their frustration, fatigue, worry, etc. but if he and his friends had come into my yard at 3am with that same attitude, I would have been defensive as well. I found him to be very different in his approach than Mr. Twitty and Mr. Holloway have been on the occasions I have seen them being interviewed and Mrs. Twitty's approach to the locals.  I am sure she has her own frustrations and negativisms, too, but I think she realizes the importance of "catching more flies with honey" and I personally think putting Mr. Twitty on TV is not going to help them get encourage any of the locals to get more involved or those required to offer anymore than is necessary.

Let's just keep thinking of Elizabeth Smart and that she DID come home.

1) Having grown up at a place surronded by the ocean and having 2 ponds, if I wanted to get rid of something, it would be in the ocean, not a pond that could be drained or where there was no chance for the item to be washed away.

2) I also found Mr. Twitty's account of that first night very different from what Mrs. Twitty had said previously.
KackyLacky
Scared Monkey

« Reply #121 on: June 23, 2005, 01:45:13 PM »

what the heck is it a gang or something..?

'the street gang of aruba that roams the beaches at night"

ugh

Larissa and friends? Confused  Confused
Yellow Ribbon
Scared Monkey

« Reply #122 on: June 23, 2005, 01:45:20 PM »

Quote from: "floridamom"
That's what I'm wondering, when the Twittys showed up at the VDS home at midnight-ish on 5/30, were the VDS's already aware that Natalee was missing, or was this "news". It might be very insightful to know that. Thanks for the input. By the way, I grew up in Cahaba Heights, and my family still lives in B'ham, so I'm very interested in this case. Could've happened to almost any girl I knew in high school, including myself.

See if the Aruban newspapers have archives. That may answer your questions. Cahaba Heights is right next door.
littletxlady
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #123 on: June 23, 2005, 01:46:14 PM »

Quote from: "Michael22"
Quote from: "littletxlady"
I am really curious about these 7 or 8 people that are expected to be arrested soon. I keep hearing about the people but nothing you can bite your teeth into.  Up to 12 people involved and NO ONE talks? Sure tickles my brain. Any ideas monkeys?

yeah I keep hearing this
what the heck...how could it be so many people all at once

ugh

I don't know, that was my question   Laughing
It sure does tickle my brain.  Up to 12 people involved and........nothing?
Interesting.... Rolling Eyes

Joran is truly EVIL

Casey's only truthful statement:  "Well...maybe I'm a spiteful bitch"

God Don't Like Ugly
kimi1230
Scared Monkey

« Reply #124 on: June 23, 2005, 01:46:35 PM »

I felt sorry for Joran's mom when she talked with Greta...

Then this morning the talked with Matt on the Today Show and it was a different story.  I no longer feel sorry for that lady.

Did anyone else see her this morning?

No one can make you feel inferior.....unless you give them permission.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #125 on: June 23, 2005, 01:46:48 PM »

Quote from: "DT"
I am really curious about these 7 or 8 people that are expected to be arrested soon. I keep hearing about the people but nothing you can bite your teeth into.  Up to 12 people involved and NO ONE talks? Sure tickles my brain. Any ideas monkeys?

yeah I keep hearing this

ugh

Just a thought, but his mother said last night that he spoke about the case a lot at school.  I wouldn't doubt that he might have told them something that might contradict what he told police.

I agree DT.. thing that is strange is if he went to school the next day NOT knowing yet NH was missing. wtf could of he said.. His other said he had to be at schoo the next day at 8..??  Weird!
momto5
Scared Monkey

« Reply #126 on: June 23, 2005, 01:47:09 PM »

Quote from: "xcptnl"
Quote from: "kirbysquirrel"
Not a troll.  Just reading and not posting.  Got bitten the other day for being new and chose to stay away after that.

Hi, Rob.  Thought your info about security was interesting.  Having them *69 was very thought-provoking.

Never claimed to be psychic and surely due to watching too much Fox,  had a very bizarre dream last night regarding this subject.  Scared me how realistic our thoughts can be.  I guess I went to sleep thinking of that area near JVDS' home with the pond that had not been searched.  That would have been one of the areas I would have thought they would have looked very early on due to proximity, ravine, water and discarded items.  Very common discard area being used by someone and surely JVDS would have been familiar with it.  Other locals would be, too, I would think.  Wonder why no one had checked that before, now? Including family.

I am very much in support of the family, but being from the South, I know that southern attitude when I see it, and I was very much surprised at Mr. Twitty's attitude when being interviewed by Greta last night.  I can surely see their frustration, fatigue, worry, etc. but if he and his friends had come into my yard at 3am with that same attitude, I would have been defensive as well.  I found him to be very different in his approach than Mr. Twitty and Mr. Holloway have been on the occasions I have seen them being interviewed and Mrs. Twitty's approach to the locals.  I am sure she has her own frustrations and negativisms, too, but I think she realizes the importance of "catching more flies with honey" and I personally think putting Mr. Twitty on TV is not going to help them get encourage any of the locals to get more involved or those required to offer anymore than is necessary.

Let's just keep thinking of Elizabeth Smart and that she DID come home.

I thought the same thing when he was being interviewed.  THe part about going into the school and hanging up posters.  I am surprised they were not kicked out.  There is not a school in the USA that would allow people just to walk in and start asking if a student is there.  I realize their frustration and anger.  But I am telling you - if my daughter was involved in something and I had no knowledge of it and a bunch of strangers came to my house in the middle of the night and started questioning me - I would call the the authorities.  

Now, having said all that I truly feel for her family and understand the frustration anger, etc.  I do believe Jorans mother said we both have pain, but I know where my son is and she does not know where her daughter is - I in no way thought she was trying to say her suffering was the same or worse, in fact I thought she was trying to point out that their was less.  I watched that interview and when it was over I had much more respect for her - I thought she showed much empathy for what was going on.  Just my thoughts for the day.

My thoughts exactly. I have a teenage daughter and I can understand wanting answers right away and why they did what they did. I honestly cant say I wouldnt have done the same thing. I also have a teenage son though, and can understand being upset about someone showing up at my house in the middle of the night looking for a missing girl your son was with. IF they knew nothing about Natalee at that time, and this was the first time they heard about it,  for all they knew then she just ran off. Of course that turned out to be not true...but seems to be what Joran lead them to believe based on his moms statements.
As for telling him he didnt have to say anything. Honestly, his father knows the laws, and probably went into "lawyer mode". My mother in laws works for a law firm and does the same thing. Just my opinion anyway.

"Truth is generally the best vindication against slander. " ~ Abraham Lincoln
DT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #127 on: June 23, 2005, 01:47:11 PM »

Quote from: "kimi1230"

Then this morning the talked with Matt on the Today Show and it was a different story.  I no longer feel sorry for that lady.

Uh no, could you explain, give details of what she said etc.
nancy_drew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #128 on: June 23, 2005, 01:47:50 PM »

No, tell us what she said.
LostinTime
Scared Monkey

« Reply #129 on: June 23, 2005, 01:47:59 PM »

Quote from: "absolut"

yeah I keep hearing this

ugh

Lead by really tall 17 year old.

LOL You are on a roll this morning..
littletxlady
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #130 on: June 23, 2005, 01:48:30 PM »

Uh no, could you explain, give details of what she said etc.

Do tell

Joran is truly EVIL

Casey's only truthful statement:  "Well...maybe I'm a spiteful bitch"

God Don't Like Ugly
roxyluv
Scared Monkey

« Reply #131 on: June 23, 2005, 01:48:57 PM »

Quote from: "UGAmom"
I think she's (Mrs. VDS) finally decided that she needs to speak up to defend her son.
That 'taking the high road' and keeping quiet is not working.

I'm not saying he's not guilty (or guilty for that matter) just that being a mom, you can only take so much before you have to defend your child.

Exactly, I think Anita is a very, nice compassionate person.  After seeing them interviewed my opinion has toatally changed about them . They are good people and only want answers and whats best for their son.

If we can send one man to the moon, why can't we send them all?
Kap
Scared Monkey

« Reply #132 on: June 23, 2005, 01:49:06 PM »

What do you expect him to say to his mother?

Mom:  Joran, did you have anything, anything at all, to do with this girl disapperance?

Joran:  Well, mom....

Mom:  Joran, please...

Joran:  Yeah, mom,  I had everything to do with it...

I mean seriously.  How is this news?  If I killed someone I would tell my mother I was innocent as well.

Jeez....
DT
Scared Monkey

« Reply #133 on: June 23, 2005, 01:49:08 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"

yeah I keep hearing this

ugh

Just a thought, but his mother said last night that he spoke about the case a lot at school.  I wouldn't doubt that he might have told them something that might contradict what he told police.

I agree DT.. thing that is strange is if he went to school the next day NOT knowing yet NH was missing. wtf could of he said.. His other said he had to be at schoo the next day at 8..??  Weird!

Well he may not have said anything the next day, it was probably after they realized she was missing (tuesday I would think) that he would have told his friends something.
CancunMole
Scared Monkey

« Reply #134 on: June 23, 2005, 01:49:48 PM »

I think she's (Mrs. VDS) finally decided that she needs to speak up to defend her son.

I'm not saying he's not guilty (or guilty for that matter) just that being a mom, you can only take so much before you have to defend your child.

I may be wrong but I don't think it is within the Dutch culture to seek media attention. If Greta and BHT hadn't approached them that 1st day, I'll bet the VdSs' wouldn't have approached the media. Hannie C, are you here to comment, I hope?
DivaToo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #135 on: June 23, 2005, 01:50:27 PM »

Quote from: "roxyluv"

Exactly, I think Anita is a very, nice compassionate person.  After seeing them interviewed my opinion has toatally changed about them . They are good people and only want answers and whats best for their son.

Maybe Anita but Paulus, NAH
Did you see Greta's crew do a close up of all that sweat rolling down PapaSmurfs head? EEEWWW get a hanky , dude!

Praying for Natalee's safe return & comfort for her family
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #136 on: June 23, 2005, 01:50:45 PM »

Missed that.. what did she say? Anyhting different then what she said last night with Greata???
DivaToo
Scared Monkey

« Reply #137 on: June 23, 2005, 01:51:55 PM »

Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"

Missed that.. what did she say? Anyhting different then what she said last night with Greata???

Yeah Kimi, give up the goods!!!

Smile

Praying for Natalee's safe return & comfort for her family
Chaumes
Scared Monkey

« Reply #138 on: June 23, 2005, 01:52:59 PM »

chloe2:
For the first week every post was about what a slimeball Joran and the Kalpoe brothers were. It's the nature of a lynch mob mentality.

Indeed.

An important distinction to keep in mind WRT the detained and/or the suspicious (PVDS) is that in the absense of indisputable facts [video of events, confession, two or more independant corroborating eye witnesses, Natalee Holloway herself (dead or alive)], there are two possible statuses.  (And, yes, that is the correct plural spelling of "status," but I did have to check... )

1.  Not responsible for disappearance.
2.  Responsible for disappearance.

The above mentioned five people, by virtue of their own actions and words, are responsible for placing themselves in a subset that overlaps the two possiblities:

Suspected responsibility for disappearance.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Presumption of guilt is simply inaccurate.  That said, to remove the possibility of guilt is within the power of the five, just as it was in their power to create it.  This, they have chosen not to do.  Again, this does not make them guilty, but it begs the question, "Why?"
CancunMole
Scared Monkey

« Reply #139 on: June 23, 2005, 01:53:21 PM »

Quote from: "AZsunny"
Quote from: "Yellow Ribbon"
trimmer wrote:
This was posted on Riehl today.

This is what the latest we got from a reporter who is known on the island to get confidential info from his friends in the police department.
1. All three guys agreed they left JVDS and NH near the Marriot on that night.
2. JVDS testified that he and NH went for a swim and after that whey walked bak to the hotel, where he walked home and NH to Holiday Inn, which is just a few 100 meters away. Easiest if you walk on the beach, there is a walkway connecting all hotels from the beach area. He insists he left her there.

Assuming that this may have happened,  can anyone remember which hotel had a security video showing a girl walking on the beach by herself that night?  could that have been Natalee walking back to her hotel?  I am not sure which hotel reported that.  I wonder if it is logical location.

That was the HYATT which is 2 properites down from the Marrioot, 1 from the HI but it was never indicated what TIME that snap was taken.......
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.