May 22, 2024, 10:56:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #580 2/1 - 2/4/2007  (Read 117209 times)
Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #620 on: February 03, 2007, 11:33:17 PM »

John Walsh is my hero.  If he thinks Adam's case should be reopened and investigated, then I will do whatever I can to make it happen - letter writing,etc.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #621 on: February 03, 2007, 11:34:45 PM »

SunFreak, and BT: Oh you girls go! That's where it starts and that's where a difference should be made. I've come to believe we should have proficiency tests for prospective parents!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #622 on: February 03, 2007, 11:34:57 PM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"

Maybe I didn't express it right, but I think the first thing missing in these kids lives is love.  I wonder if these kids have ever been hugged or comforted?  And what is saddest, I think, is that many of these children have a parent that doesn't work outside the home, yet that parent can't find the time to love and teach their child "yes & no" and "right & wrong" let alone colors & shapes, numbers & letters.   That means the parent is not spending time with the child or is there only physically, not mentally or emotionally.

Yes, I agree with you totally. Some people have children only because they had sex with someone. There is little or no desire to actually parent a child. And it seems that in many cases, the less the person wants to be a parent, the more children they have. We have one family where the mom is only 19, and she already has 4 children. She doesn't work outside the home, and they lead a life of subsistence, existing on free public housing, food stamps, etc. It's so sad to see how little chance some of these children have.  Sad

I Stand With The Girl
Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #623 on: February 03, 2007, 11:37:08 PM »

Im gonna get going. Good Nite Monks-

Remember fighting the good fight sometimes brings set back and misery for people with know and love.

I wish I had more words to soothe an aching heart, but I dont. Just know that I care. Thats all I have right now to try and ease the pain.

Good nite-

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #624 on: February 03, 2007, 11:37:39 PM »

Quote from: "crazybabyborg"
SunFreak, and BT: Oh you girls go! That's where it starts and that's where a difference should be made. I've come to believe we should have proficiency tests for prospective parents!

I have an even more drastic proposal that I'm sure wouldn't be very popular in many circles.  Laughing

I think all people of childbearing age should be put on some kind of birth control. The only way to get the antidote and become able to bear children would be to pass a test to prove that you could actually parent a child. Those who couldn't pass the test couldn't have children.

I'll bet the crime rate would drastically fall if that ever happened!

I Stand With The Girl
crazybabyborg
« Reply #625 on: February 03, 2007, 11:39:40 PM »

I'm going to get flamed, but I would love a debate on this:

Since long term birth control is available in 6 month effectiveness, 1 injection doses, what about requiring that for any mom who is on public assistance after their first child, until they are able to support that child without public assistance?

OK, I'm ducking........
crazybabyborg
« Reply #626 on: February 03, 2007, 11:40:33 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"

I have an even more drastic proposal that I'm sure wouldn't be very popular in many circles.  Laughing

I think all people of childbearing age should be put on some kind of birth control. The only way to get the antidote and become able to bear children would be to pass a test to prove that you could actually parent a child. Those who couldn't pass the test couldn't have children.

I'll bet the crime rate would drastically fall if that ever happened!

Laughing  Laughing  Laughing
I was typing, as you were posting!  Wink
crazybabyborg
« Reply #627 on: February 03, 2007, 11:41:42 PM »

I'll vote for yours, BT, and I'd bet you'd vote for mine!
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #628 on: February 03, 2007, 11:45:32 PM »

Oh my goodness yes!!! Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #629 on: February 03, 2007, 11:47:53 PM »

I'm heading off to sleep now, so if I've made anyone angry and they want to throw darts, now would be a good time to do it.  Laughing

God bless the family of Kaitlin and all those who have lost loved ones in such tragic circumstances.

I Stand With The Girl
crazybabyborg
« Reply #630 on: February 03, 2007, 11:54:27 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"

Oh my goodness yes!!! Very Happy

I actually heard something similar suggested on a talk show once, and it almost caused a riot.

There were several second generation welfare Mothers with multiple children on the show, and there were screams of "The government has no right to tell me how to run my personal life!" and "I love children, and that's my purpose in life, it's my right to have as many kids as I want!"

That same program had a guy who had done a long term ( 20 year ) study of kids who were raised by either a stay at home parent or a relative kept them during preschool age vs. daycare. His results after following the "success" of these kids showed that it was better to live below the economic poverty line than to leave your kids with someone who wasn't vested with love for them (grandparent, Mom, Dad, etc).

That one brought the fire, too!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #631 on: February 03, 2007, 11:55:55 PM »

Nite, BT!

I'm going to make a quick retreat if those darts start flying!
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #632 on: February 03, 2007, 11:58:12 PM »

I think the problem is we've isolated ourselves in our homes and cars, kids are in their rooms with their own phones and computers, we don't know our neighbors.  If a neighbor or teacher complains about the child, the parent gets angry with the school or the neighbor.  If a kid gets in trouble it's someone else's fault.  We sue everyone.  It's always someone else's fault.  Miss USA and Lindsay and Brittany and Paris get away with their behavior and our kids learn to value getting away with it and not caring what people think rather than being ashamed of getting caught and suffering the consequences.  How we raise our kids is a reflection of how we live and behave.  If we don't take responsibility for our own actions, our children will learn that they don't have to either.   Somewhere the other day I read, "It's easier to look out the window than in the mirror."

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
crazybabyborg
« Reply #633 on: February 03, 2007, 11:59:42 PM »

You're on a roll tonight Puma!

Do we have an emoticon that nods vigorously in agreement????
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #634 on: February 04, 2007, 12:10:17 AM »

You're on a roll tonight Puma!

Do we have an emoticon that nods vigorously in agreement????

I've often wanted one of those!

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
crazybabyborg
« Reply #635 on: February 04, 2007, 12:10:38 AM »

I'm going to get ready for bed.

Prayers are going to take a little longer tonight.

Tomorrow is another day, and if the bad is getting worse, we're going to have to be good and get better! Light is stronger than darkness. Light one candle and darkness flees!

Goodnight guys! Sleep well!
dkpen
Monkey Junky

« Reply #636 on: February 04, 2007, 12:18:07 AM »

Dear Lord above, I just found out about little Kaitlin. I am so heart broken for her mother and family. This is so horrible. The sorry bastard, I hope he rots in hell for what he did to this precious child.

cubbee, please give my condolences to Kaitlins mother, family and friends. I just feel sick about this. I was so hoping she would be found alive. So hoping and praying. Words can not express how I truly feel.

I can only will my energy and strength to her mother to keep her strong in this time. <sobs as I write these words>

God bless~

Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #637 on: February 04, 2007, 12:27:54 AM »

What a sad night. Poor Kaitlin, I wondered all day about her, and was afraid to read here when I got home, because I had a bad feeling after last night, and our discussion about the suspect. God bless her Mom!
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #638 on: February 04, 2007, 12:30:35 AM »

{{{{{Hugs to you Cubee}}}}}
jobie
Scared Monkey

« Reply #639 on: February 04, 2007, 12:47:04 AM »

Quote from: "nomad"
Quote from: "mishy"
Quote from: "Angiex911dsptchr"
Quote from: "yapperz1"
Locking them up does not solve the problem. Something in them is broken beyond repair . Our lawmakers have got to make it a one strike & your out law. IMO get em out of the USA. Put em somewhere where they can't hurt anyone but themselves.

I agree YAP..

I'm right there with ya'll. When someone has something like this in them, I believe there is some deep seated mental illness going on . Consider Lewis' past criminal record. Just like Joran will do it again, Lewis took it a step further this time....  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

I so agree YAP and Mishy. I sometimes feel it is just plain evil possessing them and they are lost forever.

Good evening Monkeys.  This is just terrible, terrible news.  I was praying Katlin would be found alive.  I think Devil's Island would be an appropiate  place for pervert, killers, and cowardly creatures like  whoever is responsible for this lovely child's death.  I am beyond words..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.