April 25, 2024, 05:09:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Healthcare, Tort Reform, and Cafeteria Plans  (Read 1498 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: May 25, 2011, 07:45:40 AM »

Our nation is going broke paying for healthcare.

Medicare, Medicaid, and government employees have very generous plans.  Taxpayer continue to write a blank check to healthcare providers, Big Pharma, and anyone else with political connections.

Private health insurance, group plans, and self pay are become more and more expensive.  Who can afford thousands a month for something they may never use?  Any refunds if you don't use it?

We live in a culture where it seems like the media and government scare us with cancer and other diseases on a daily basis.  For some reason, even the most basic new drugs cost Americans thousands a month. 

Take this new drug and maybe you'll be cured!  The old drug may cost just $4 a month, and this new one $2,500, but it might 'work'...  Does the old or new drug cure anything?  There is no stopping death or taxes. 

How much of the drug price is due to lawsuits?  Can't watch TV today without being overwhelmed with legal commercials looking for people who were harmed/damaged by drugs.  Anyone read those little papers that come with their drugs?  The multiple pages of fine print?  How much do lawyers make?  The victims?

Lawyers make millions and the 'victim' get's $20 or a coupon for 50% off their next purchase?

What happened to tort reform?  Every new drug seems to be a big class action lawsuit a few years down the road.  Why does it seem like lawyers are the only ones making more money due to Obamacare?   Everyone else get's poorer - people who can't afford the Obamacare premiums, old folks who can't find a doctor because Medicare will pay less for doctor visits, doctors who can't afford to stay in business?

Why isn't Washington 'fixing' our broken drug delivery system?  Why do Americans pay $1,000 for something foreigners pay $5?

It seems to me there should be a system to lower costs.  The Obama admin is going after web providers that advertise for pharmacies that are out of the country, the places many folks used to buy quality drugs.  Does a few bad apples ruin this service for everyone? 

Obama pushed internet businesses for Americans for years.  Start an internet business and sell to people in China.  Really?  In what crazy world would it ever make sense for a person in China to buy from Main Street America?  Cheaper?  Free shipping?

Why can't Americans buy cheaper drugs from our foreign neighbors in Canada and Mexico?  Why isn't free trade working for Main Street?

Meanwhile, ever increasing drugs costs are draining the system dry.  Why can't we return to a system of basic services?

Why can't folks on Medicare have Medicare Advantage?  Folks on traditional Medicare have hugh copays and deductibles.  Why can't everyone have a choice of plans?  A cafeteria plan like has been used in business?  Give everyone a budget to buy the best plan for their needs?  Bank the balance?

Cafeteria plans were really popular in the workplace.  For some reason, companies stopped offering them.  I think it's because to many chose basic plans and got the rest of the budget as a cash payout.  I liked the Ryan plan because it reminded me of a Cafeteria plan.  Here is your budget.  Go shop for the plan that meets your needs.  Don't spend everything?  Here is your check.

Why can't we do that with Medicare / Medicaid going forward?  Instead of having to buy a supplement, just use your cafeteria dollars to buy the best plan for you and your circumstances?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 08:01:06 AM »

The internet enabled a market for lower priced quality drugs. Foreign pharmacies filled orders for pennies on the dollar.  It was a win-win for everyone.

Why do drugs cost so much more in the US?  SHAME, SHAME, SHAME, on Washington.

George W. Bush straddled the nation with a blank check drug plan that takes everyone's money and hasn't cured death or disease.  Barack H. Obama expanded that kind of plan with Obamacare.

Why aren't their buying clubs for drugs?  If you can shop online and get the best price for your cell/home service, TV subscription, insurance (home, life, auto, motor...), travel, Why can't you shop online for the best drug prices?

Put in all your drugs and see hundreds of options, prices, and providers?

How many might knowingly change something to save hundreds?  How many aren't aware of ALL the alternatives? 

Instead of innovating, Obamacare continues the 'blank check' and scare tactic philosophy that doesn't seem to benefit patients, but seems to provide unending riches and wealth to political contributors and special interests.

What happens when the national check bounces?  Returned ISF? 

Just my humble opinions.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.