April 24, 2024, 11:43:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TOURISM TRADE SHOW LISTING  (Read 98323 times)
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #100 on: June 01, 2007, 12:26:10 PM »

I'm reposting this - I try to do this every day on the LCD. For one thing, there's a link to the hotel, for directions etc.

Posted by Richard on the front page of SM 5/23/07:

The Aruba Tourism Authority will be taking part in a June 27-July 1 event for travel agents only at the Hilton Hotel on 2 Poydras Street in New Orleans.

The event is sponsored by http://www.vacations.com .

As always, VolunteersforNatalee@gmail.com is a contact address that will try to link up anyone interested.

We confronted Aruba Tourism Authority in Boston.
We confronted Aruba Tourism Authority in Miami.
Now we can take them on in New Orleans.

Stand up for Natalee!

No justice for Natalee … no tourists for Aruba.

If you’re interested, go to:
SM ATA Travel Show thread, page 5 (scroll down) -
http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/viewtopic.php?t=1003&start=80

Hilton Neworleans – Riverside – thread:
http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hotel/MSYNHHH-Hilton-New-Orleans-Riverside-Louisiana/index.do
Two Poydras Street, New Orleans, Louisiana
Tel: 1-504-561-0500
The hotel faces the Mississippi River and is “right at” the French Quarter.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
Vicki
Scared Monkey

« Reply #101 on: June 01, 2007, 01:38:30 PM »

This is very distressing..... I know of two woman that are going and they will be bringing the signs. The condo is great since they wont need hotels and I hear New Orleans is coming along nicely... Please go to this event if you can. I will donate money to whoever can go.....
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #102 on: June 01, 2007, 02:17:48 PM »

Vickie - Oh, good, I'm glad someone is on it. Please post on the LCD!

Is someone working on the permit?

Others will be maybe more interested if they know something is happening.

Another thing is that this is a long-ish one and some may not be able to stay the whole 5 nights?

I'll think about it myself. I can handle all of my own expenses. I just can't stand for long period of time. I will have to pace!

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #103 on: June 01, 2007, 02:28:50 PM »

Vickie - Never mind, I'll post your post. (?)

I'll email you or somebody tonight (from home computer).

Vicki
Scared Monkey

« Reply #104 on: June 01, 2007, 03:24:54 PM »

Okay thanks...we also have a condo at the protesters disposal....
Richard
Scared Monkey

« Reply #105 on: June 01, 2007, 06:44:11 PM »

Let me say a bit about that condo (actually, a time share; but for all I know, it might be the same thing).

Two days ago, a self-described new poster on another forum (BFN) wrote to me at VolunteersforNatalee@gmail.com and offered to let people who were taking part in the New Orleans demonstration against the ATA stay at her time share.

I wrote back saying that this offer was more than generous, and that I would spread the word.  What I suggested, and she agreed, was that to minimize chances of any "kooks" or Aruba trolls harassing her. I would ask people to spread the word.  And anyone interested should contact VolunteersforNatalee@gmail.com to let us know, and the message and e-mail will be forwarded to this person, who will then contact you directly.

I can promise that I won't give out your e-mail or phone (if you provide it) to anyone else.

I believe that this offer is genuine, not some kind of scam.  I can't promise, but anyone interested would have to make the contact and then decide for yourself.

Today's news about the Holloway Twitty suit being thrown out of court is not the end of the road by any means, but it's depressing ... to me, at least.  I hope it will get some people angry enough to take part in the event.

Stand up for Natalee in New Orleans at the end of June!
Vicki
Scared Monkey

« Reply #106 on: June 04, 2007, 11:28:37 AM »

There are a few ppl going from BFN....very nice ppl. Not that we arent..hahahaha but if you want to go, you can either write it on this thread or you can go to volunteersfornatalee@gmail.com
Richard
Scared Monkey

« Reply #107 on: June 13, 2007, 06:15:01 AM »

With about two weeks to go until the latest confrontation with Aruba Tourism Authority, I thought I’d give an update on how things are going. And they are going very well.

From June 27 to July 1, the ATA will be present at an event in New Orleans that is open to travel agents only. Since these are the people who push Aruba (those who do), I thought it was very important that Natalee supporters show up to keep the message going: “No justice for Natalee … no tourists for Aruba.”

One person contacted me with an unbelievably generous offer: she would let participants in the protest use her timeshare in New Orleans. This has worked out.

The New Orleans protest is being led by Jamie, whose sister made those wonderful signs that were used in Miami. Jamie told me last night that things are moving ahead.

This will be the biggest turnout ever, judging from the number of people who have said they will take part.

Anyone who wants to make a donation, ask about showing up, or just wants to make a statement of support is asked to write to VolunteersforNatalee@gmail.com. Your message will be passed on to Jamie.

We confronted the ATA at Boston.
We confronted the ATA at Miami.
Now we’re facing them at New Orleans.

And we will not back down. We can’t force them to do justice for Natalee … but we can, and will, make sure that they understand the costs of not doing so.

It’s their choice.

“No justice for Natalee … NO TOURISTS FOR ARUBA.”
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #108 on: June 19, 2007, 10:44:01 PM »

Regardless of Robin's letter, whether she supports it or not.  It's the principal.  People can be in danger and if we can educate them, then go for it!  I say the show must go on!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #109 on: June 20, 2007, 08:57:42 AM »

IMO - the grassroots boycott is ALL we've got. I will continue to support, and agree with, it.

sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #110 on: June 20, 2007, 09:15:13 AM »

Boycott Aruba

Justice for Natalee Holloway

We almost owe Robin a 'thank you' for providing a boost to our already incredibly strong determination.

I said 'almost' Twisted Evil

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Richard
Scared Monkey

« Reply #111 on: June 23, 2007, 09:55:10 AM »

Remember, folks, in less than one week the New Orleans protest starts.  

From June 27 to July 1, the Aruba Tourism Authority will be in New Orleans trying to sell a bunch of travel agents on the wonders and splendor of Aruba.

"No justice for Natalee ... no tourists for Aruba."

As you might expect, they will be confronted by protesters just as they were at Boston and at Miami.

The ATA must see this as a very important event, because travel agents are in a position to steer people to Aruba.  How many people, before Natalee vanished, ever thought of Aruba at all?  And if their travel agents smiled and said "Oh, aren't you lucky!  It's a wonderful little island!" how many people would have doubted their word?

No longer.  Now tragedy has exposed to the world what Aruba is really like, and brought to light other horrors that were suppressed.  The people showing up in New Orleans will not let the ATA ignore Natalee's case.

Any questions or comments, etc., can be addressed to VolunteersforNatalee@gmail.com and will be forwarded to the person in charge of things.

Beth has said outright that she continues to support the boycott.  We will NEVER let Natalee's case be forgotten!
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #112 on: June 26, 2007, 11:09:41 AM »

To all of you who will be in New Orleans....I wish you the very best....I know you are representing many who would like to be there.  Please let us know how you are doing once you arrive....and please stay safe.....Thanks, Mere

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Marlee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #113 on: June 26, 2007, 11:47:14 AM »

Kudos to those able to go!!!  It's very important to get this message out to the travel agents.  Go get 'em!  

With you in thoughts and prayers.

Marlee
JusticeforNatalee
Scared Monkey

« Reply #114 on: June 26, 2007, 12:07:21 PM »

Have a safe trip and thank you for standing up
for Natalee and the principle of justice.

"My client, Joran van der Sloot, played a MAJOR ROLE in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway."       
Antonio Carlo
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #115 on: June 26, 2007, 12:19:10 PM »

First I just want to wish everybody going to NO,  good luck and wish I could be there to help out!

I'm not sure if you've seen all the Diario articles recently with the arrests of Lorenzo, etc.. and violence breaking out in Aruba shown on SM,  but you may want to bring all this up as well.   I believe this would add more to the cause, if people could see the current state of affairs, which is it looks like all hell is breaking loose in Aruba right now!

Good luck and God Bless!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #116 on: June 26, 2007, 12:32:54 PM »

Hope all of you will be Happy Campers in NOLA.

May you have safe travel, good weather, God speed.

Now get out there and break a leg ...  Laughing

Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #117 on: June 27, 2007, 09:21:38 AM »

Good Luck to All of you that are able to go to NO and stand up for Natalee.  God Bless Each and Every One of you.  

Stay Safe!

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #118 on: June 27, 2007, 10:18:39 AM »

Best of Luck to all that are standing up for Natalee.  I am certain that you will make us all very proud.  God bless you and know that I will be thinking of you and praying for you too.
AZLady
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #119 on: June 27, 2007, 12:16:27 PM »

Best wishes for a successful trip and effective protest.  We're thinking of you and wish we were with you!  We are all there in spirit!!

Thank you for standing up for Natalee!

BRING NATALEE HOME
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.