April 20, 2024, 06:35:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TOURISM TRADE SHOW LISTING  (Read 98260 times)
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2007, 10:02:30 PM »

WOW!! The signs are really great....I'm sure they really caught a lot of people's eyes...and so good that some were in Spanish....MUY BUENO!! You guys are really doing some excellent work...Thank you so much!!

Bring Natalee home...
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2007, 06:17:52 PM »

Jamie reported this from BFN
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just talked to my sister Kathy, and she said the "protest" was a success, with a lot of positive response. She will be sending me pictures soon...She is worn out...Florida sun is HOT
She said many people pulled over to the side of the road, to get flyer's and information and I know that with the news out of Aruba, on the search, and it being on TV now, people have Natalee fresh on their minds again. Good timing, huh?

She said that she really enjoyed meeting the ones who went down there and had such good words to say about them. This group IS a very special group of people, as were the ones who went to the BostonTravel show. I am so thankful for all of you.

I will be posting pictures as I get them. She has sent me a video of what was going on and I will go watch it now, but the digital pictures will be sent to me in a little while.

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
Observer
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2007, 08:31:36 PM »

Another Update by Grass.

Today, Sunday 29 April 2005 I just got home, no traffic so it only took 4 hrs 10 min, 269 miles. I do have many pics and as soon as I put them into computer they will be posted. Today was not that busy like yesterday was but we had a chance to actually talk to English speaking people lol, all the buttons are gone almost all the flyer's also, again I put the 8 ft banner up on the marquee, that was not on there property, thats why I did it, I am bold, also another one we tied to two trees. So many said they would pray, and last night we were on the Spanish news channel, they were talking about the protest, I love it. Got to show today at 10:00am, it started to rain around 2:30pm, plus no one was coming then, I went to the store and got me some food, then back to fill up van, NO ONE was even driving in place. thats about it folks, pics will be next.
grass

"I lied and thats the truth"--Joran Van Der Sloot
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2007, 09:09:51 PM »

******* - Thank you so much for passing these along. I have been thinking about these rascal monkeys all weekend!

Wonder if any interaction with the ATA folks?

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2007, 09:31:36 PM »

klaas posted this link on the LCD 04/29/2007:

I just posted the photos from the Miami Travel Show in this thread. Amazing how many banners they were able to put up and how great they look!

http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/viewtopic.php?t=1106

Wow! That oughta rock some boats on Aruba!

Vicki
Scared Monkey

« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2007, 11:39:15 AM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
klaas posted this link on the LCD 04/29/2007:

I just posted the photos from the Miami Travel Show in this thread. Amazing how many banners they were able to put up and how great they look!

http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/viewtopic.php?t=1106

Wow! That oughta rock some boats on Aruba!

Hey all...man that was a rough weekend. Just sent pictures to Red... Im sure they will be posted on the FP. It was sooooo hot down there. We all got burnt even with sunblock and hats. Im sore from holding the signs and handing out flyers, but I enjoyed every minute trying to be Natalees voice. Didnt break down crying till the next day, when a blogger was helping us and she started shoutig, Natalees Mom wants her back home...Its been 2 years. Thats when we all lost it. Im crying handing out flyers. I know it touched alot of hearts. We were honked at in agreement, given the thumbs up sign and yelled at.." WE WILL NEVER GO TO ARUBA. All in all, this was a labor of love and couldnt of happened without all of your donations, love and support. Thank you all for being with us in Miami, your "SPIRIT" was felt also. By the way, werent the signs awesome?????
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2007, 02:01:30 PM »

Oh, Vicki - I am speechless, really, but just wanted to say again how much I (for one) appreciate what you folks did.

The signage was amazing!

Vicki
Scared Monkey

« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2007, 03:44:29 PM »

Oh, Vicki - I am speechless, really, but just wanted to say again how much I (for one) appreciate what you folks did.

The signage was amazing!

One thing aruba should realize...we aint going away...If no answers and the case is closed weve got October for New Orleans and November for Ft Lauderdale which I will attend also.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #88 on: April 30, 2007, 09:57:54 PM »

Vickie was on Dana's show 04/30/2007. Here are notes from the show - Page 43 and 44 of LCD 609:

http://www.scaredmonkeys.net/viewtopic.php?t=1107&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=840

Vicki
Scared Monkey

« Reply #89 on: May 02, 2007, 09:39:22 AM »

I want everyone to know that we in Miami couldnt have done what we did without everyones help here at SM. We felt your love and spirit and prayers as we were out there. Please dont think we did this on our own. The ones that could donate was a HUGE help and I personally want to thank you.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #90 on: May 02, 2007, 02:54:57 PM »

VICKIE - you guys did a great job.  The banners were outstanding and I'm sure made a big impact.  Sounds like you reached alot of people attending the even.  THANKS TO YOU GUYS!
Vicki
Scared Monkey

« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2007, 03:36:55 PM »

Thank you Klaas, Every time I passed by Natalees picture I felt she was smiling at me and giving me the strength to go on even though it was so hot. But I wanted everyone to know that we werent alnoe in this. Everyone that contributed to this whether it was money, banners, love, prayers...just support was what made it a HUGE success.
Richard
Scared Monkey

« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2007, 09:34:05 AM »

I don't get to come here much anymore, since it takes my computer forever and ever to load this.  I'm not even sure that I remember how to post here ... site administrator, if this doesn't link on to the Miami Herald travel show thread, please move it there!

Anyway, I'm sure that we all think Vicki and her people pulled off a magnificent event.  The signs are beyond praise, and they found some incredible places to post them.  I don't know how they managed to put one up on the marquee of the Sheraton Hotel without getting in trouble, but they did it.  If it were in Aruba, I'd suspect a payoff....

And Vicki, hearing that phrase by that passer-by puts tears in my eyes too: "Natalee's mom wants her back home."  That itself might be good for a sign.

The next event, I gather, is the vacation.com meeting in New Orleans.  A listing at the very beginning of this thread says it will be held in June, but you refer to October.  I'll check their site.

We all know that the Dutch search team is in Aruba.  How long they will be there, whether their effort is sincere (I think it is), and whether they will find anything is something we don't know.  Regardless, let's continue our efforts.

No justice for Natalee ... no tourists for Aruba.
Vicki
Scared Monkey

« Reply #93 on: May 06, 2007, 10:13:58 AM »

Quote from: "Richard"
I don't get to come here much anymore, since it takes my computer forever and ever to load this.  I'm not even sure that I remember how to post here ... site administrator, if this doesn't link on to the Miami Herald travel show thread, please move it there!

Anyway, I'm sure that we all think Vicki and her people pulled off a magnificent event.  The signs are beyond praise, and they found some incredible places to post them.  I don't know how they managed to put one up on the marquee of the Sheraton Hotel without getting in trouble, but they did it.  If it were in Aruba, I'd suspect a payoff....

And Vicki, hearing that phrase by that passer-by puts tears in my eyes too: "Natalee's mom wants her back home."  That itself might be good for a sign.

The next event, I gather, is the vacation.com meeting in New Orleans.  A listing at the very beginning of this thread says it will be held in June, but you refer to October.  I'll check their site.

We all know that the Dutch search team is in Aruba.  How long they will be there, whether their effort is sincere (I think it is), and whether they will find anything is something we don't know.  Regardless, let's continue our efforts.

No justice for Natalee ... no tourists for Aruba.

Hey Richard, I will call the hilton tomorrow and find out if aruba will be there....it says the end of June...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2007, 12:26:47 PM »

Posted by Richard on the front page of SM 5/23/07:

The Aruba Tourism Authority will be taking part in a June 27-July 1 event for travel agents only at the Hilton Hotel on 2 Poydras Street (wherever that is) in New Orleans.

The event is sponsored by www.vacations.com, not Travelocity. That was my misunderstanding.

As always, VolunteersforNatalee@gmail.com is a contact address that will try to link up anyone interested.

We confronted Aruba Tourism Authority in Boston.
We confronted Aruba Tourism Authority in Miami.
Now we can take them on in New Orleans.

Stand up for Natalee!

No justice for Natalee … no tourists for Aruba.
Vicki
Scared Monkey

« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2007, 01:43:03 PM »

Please if you can go to the show and be Natalees voice it will change your life forever. You will truely feel so blessed and closer to Natalee than ever.
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2007, 02:57:47 PM »

wreck posted in LCD that "The Hilton on Poydras Street is right on the Mississippi River (right at the French Quarter)".

msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2007, 03:58:26 PM »

wreck also posted this address:
2 Poydras St
New Orleans, LA 70130

Vicki
Scared Monkey

« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2007, 10:27:18 AM »

wreck also posted this address:
2 Poydras St
New Orleans, LA 70130

msmarple, Do you know if wreck is going? Can you let me know? Here is a email if you need more info- VolunteersforNatalee@gmail.com
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #99 on: June 01, 2007, 12:17:17 PM »

Vickie - I don't know of anyone who is going ... I have posted it in the LCD serveral times but I'm not seeing any action on this thread.  Crying or Very sad  

Maybe Richard has heard something?

I had hoped some of the Louisiana and Mississippi monkeys would get on it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.