April 24, 2024, 09:34:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: What was the plumbing incident at the Anthony home caused by?  (Voting closed: May 31, 2011, 12:37:00 AM)
Caylee's clothing - 24 (24.7%)
Teddy Bear - 8 (8.2%)
Other Evidence - 42 (43.3%)
Unrelated - 23 (23.7%)
Total Voters: 96

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-MURDER TRIAL-DAY 5 - 5/28 - 5/30/2011  (Read 770814 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2560 on: May 30, 2011, 07:54:00 PM »

Casey's Brother Files Motion To Be In Courtroom For Trial
http://www.wftv.com/news/28074159/detail.html

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony will be back in an Orange County courtroom for day 17 of her murder trial on Tuesday and before the jury hears any testimony, the judge is expected to hear a new motion.
The motion was filed by Casey's brother, Lee Anthony, who is also a witness in the case. The motion was filed on Saturday by Lee Anthony’s attorney, Mark Lippman, who is also representing George and Cindy Anthony. Lee Anthony wants to sit in on the trial and hear testimony from other witnesses, but typically witnesses aren't allowed to be in court to hear other testimony.

Sounds like that is the motion we'll be hearing about tomorrow morning at 8:30.

I did not realize Mark Lippman was also Lee's attorney.....

I didn't either.  Lippman is fairly new to the Anthony's.  Was he retained when they found out that Casey was going to throw them under the bus?

Apparently, because his previous one did state that he did not represent him any longer because he felt he didnt need representation any longer.  It was reported on awhile ago.

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2561 on: May 30, 2011, 07:54:25 PM »

ok kinda embarassed to ask this! what does it mean when someone proffers a deal or something like that?

Loca
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2562 on: May 30, 2011, 07:56:20 PM »

So did lee get immunity or not..and sorry if I was not soppose to put that up there like that. But the link would not work. I am referring to what I found out about lee and if he did get immunity or if he didn't. Sorry didn't know any other way to do it Sad

Yes he got limited immunity.

I am of the opinion that Cindy, George and Lee have all "fibbed" to a certain extent IN THE PAST to protect Casey.  I don't believe they are fibbing now. 
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2563 on: May 30, 2011, 07:57:30 PM »

ok kinda embarassed to ask this! what does it mean when someone proffers a deal or something like that?

Just what is a proffer and what are the perils of entering into a proffer agreement (also known as a proffer letter) with the federal government? Proffer or "queen for a day" letters are written agreements between federal prosecutors and individuals under criminal investigation which permit these individuals to tell the government about their knowledge of crimes, with the supposed assurance that their words will not be used against them in any later proceedings. (The individuals can either be witnesses, subjects or targets of a federal investigation, although it is subjects and targets who provide most proffers.)
more on link
http://library.findlaw.com/2005/Feb/21/138691.html

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2564 on: May 30, 2011, 07:58:48 PM »

BILL SHEAFFER: Preview Of Day 17 In Casey Trial

For tomorrow.

http://www.wftv.com/video/28075393/index.html

It's of the whole week, what's going to go on....

This might of got lost with all the post.

Lee will be tomorrow afternoon....cops the rest of the week on the stand.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2565 on: May 30, 2011, 07:58:51 PM »

I guess it's just me but I don't see how Cindy did any harm to Casey.  All she did was "mostly" tell the truth about the events.  I still feel that she "volunteered" too much info about how concerned and caring Casey was.  She also lied (IMO) about the evening they spent watching the videos.  Wasn't that the night they had the big fight?  I'm confused at best.

Hi Don.....re the fight the night of the 15th....Lee told Jesse about this...however KC told Lee....so who knows what really happened....I think Cindy lied about the evening in that she omitted the theft .....that info came from her mother and if it was introduced at that time it might have been sustained on an objection as hearsay....I think Mrs. Pleasa may have to testify to that.  I try to keep reminding myself to remember KC is their daughter and they do not want her to get the DP...and they are not going to back her on the abuse charges....I honestly think they would rather see her in a mental ward someplace

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2566 on: May 30, 2011, 07:59:55 PM »

Casey's Brother Files Motion To Be In Courtroom For Trial
http://www.wftv.com/news/28074159/detail.html

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony will be back in an Orange County courtroom for day 17 of her murder trial on Tuesday and before the jury hears any testimony, the judge is expected to hear a new motion.
The motion was filed by Casey's brother, Lee Anthony, who is also a witness in the case. The motion was filed on Saturday by Lee Anthony’s attorney, Mark Lippman, who is also representing George and Cindy Anthony. Lee Anthony wants to sit in on the trial and hear testimony from other witnesses, but typically witnesses aren't allowed to be in court to hear other testimony.

Sounds like that is the motion we'll be hearing about tomorrow morning at 8:30.

I did not realize Mark Lippman was also Lee's attorney.....

I didn't either.  Lippman is fairly new to the Anthony's.  Was he retained when they found out that Casey was going to throw them under the bus?

I think he was hire shortly after Brad Conway resigned

http://www.wesh.com/r/24767709/detail.html

Report: Cindy, George Anthony Hire New Lawyers
Casey Anthony's Parents Hire New Attorney After Brad Conway Resigns

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/news/24767709/detail.html#ixzz1NsZbIZFd
 ::snipping2::

How many attorneys have the Anthony's been through now Sunny? It gives me a headache to try to keep up sometimes...

I think Lippman is number 4. First was an attorney who worked primarily with workmans comp, then Mark, then Conway and now Lippman....I think they also had real estate attorney
the anthonys are going thru attorneys almost at the speed of casey   going thru men!

Loca
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2567 on: May 30, 2011, 08:01:04 PM »

The almost seething anger that oozed from the Anthony's in prior hearings when they were questioned by LDB or JA was so uncomfortable for the court. I think it also made the Anthony's look like they were hiding something. Not the reaction that the Ants wanted people to feel. Now, they are cooperative and cordial to the State. The State is also going to be the ones to protect the Anthony's over the next several weeks while the defense continues to throw daggers at them.

LOL....loca did you really post this.... Monkey Devil!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2568 on: May 30, 2011, 08:01:43 PM »

Just what is a proffer and what are the perils of entering into a proffer agreement (also known as a proffer letter) with the federal government? Proffer or "queen for a day" letters are written agreements between federal prosecutors and individuals under criminal investigation which permit these individuals to tell the government about their knowledge of crimes, with the supposed assurance that their words will not be used against them in any later proceedings. (The individuals can either be witnesses, subjects or targets of a federal investigation, although it is subjects and targets who provide most proffers.)
more on link
http://library.findlaw.com/2005/Feb/21/138691.html

thanks   makes sense.

Loca
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2569 on: May 30, 2011, 08:02:10 PM »

For tomorrow.

Sheaffer's opinion or fact?
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2570 on: May 30, 2011, 08:02:58 PM »

Anyone on, that lives in Florida?
Is there anything around Johnson's Wrecker?  Stores, gas stations.
I'm in FL, but not the Orlando area. Not sure about a gas station near Johnson's wrecker, but this week prosecutor's entered into evidence a pic of Casey's car at Amscot and the surrounding area. There was a gas station right there! So KC's claim that her car "broke down" at Amscot was total bunk...big surprise. Fact is she dumped the car because of the decomp smell...MMO

I just thought of something. Casey told Tony her car was out of gas, they go to to her parents and steal the cans of gas (she tells Tony not to worry, after all it is her shed too and it is ok)  and Tony and Casey go back to Amscot where she puts gas in the car. My question is, if the car was towed to the lot, then why would it have been out of gas? Did Casey use it between the time she gassed it up, with the help of Tony and the time it was towed? Because, had it been towed with the gas Casey put in it with stolen cans from her shed at home, then George would have been able to start it and drive it home.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2571 on: May 30, 2011, 08:03:09 PM »

Did lee or did lee not get immunity??

use immunity...yes.....read here

http://research.lawyers.com/glossary/use-immunity.html

Rest in Peace Caylee

DonFL
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2572 on: May 30, 2011, 08:03:45 PM »

I guess it's just me but I don't see how Cindy did any harm to Casey.  All she did was "mostly" tell the truth about the events.  I still feel that she "volunteered" too much info about how concerned and caring Casey was.  She also lied (IMO) about the evening they spent watching the videos.  Wasn't that the night they had the big fight?  I'm confused at best.

Hi Don.....re the fight the night of the 15th....Lee told Jesse about this...however KC told Lee....so who knows what really happened....I think Cindy lied about the evening in that she omitted the theft .....that info came from her mother and if it was introduced at that time it might have been sustained on an objection as hearsay....I think Mrs. Pleasa may have to testify to that.  I try to keep reminding myself to remember KC is their daughter and they do not want her to get the DP...and they are not going to back her on the abuse charges....I honestly think they would rather see her in a mental ward someplace

I guess you are on to it.  I guess they are putting out things a bit at a time.  I'd like to see the whole family in an institution. 

It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2573 on: May 30, 2011, 08:03:52 PM »

The almost seething anger that oozed from the Anthony's in prior hearings when they were questioned by LDB or JA was so uncomfortable for the court. I think it also made the Anthony's look like they were hiding something. Not the reaction that the Ants wanted people to feel. Now, they are cooperative and cordial to the State. The State is also going to be the ones to protect the Anthony's over the next several weeks while the defense continues to throw daggers at them.

LOL....loca did you really post this.... Monkey Devil!
yes I posted it but have fessup that It was not my comment but one made by a poster @  http://www.thehinkymeter.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1208&start=400 Fixed link-needs space before start of link  MB

thought it was worth posting.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 08:07:55 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Loca
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2574 on: May 30, 2011, 08:04:53 PM »

Casey Anthony Trial Today
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
GEORGE ANTHONY ON THE STAND

<snipped>

George states he wakes up around 7am when Cindy has left or is going to work. He has coffee and spends time with Caylee.  He would help her to the BR and assist her with brushing he teeth. He would help her with breakfast. It was "a great morning' per George. Caylees favorite videos were 101 Dalmations and Lady in the Tramp. He recalls first seeing Casey around 10am.  He is not sure as he cherished "morning time" with Caylee.Casey left the house around  , he remembers watching the food channel, Caylee was wearing blue jeans and pink top , and Caylee said she was going to see Zanny when asked.

<snipped>

http://caseyanthonytrialtodayinreview.blogspot.com/2011/05/george-anthony-on-stand.html

Seems to me George would have remembered, since Casey was asleep, he assisted Caylee with brushing her teeth, helped her in the bathroom, fed her breakfast - he probably dressed her also.

I agree.

Janet

Really..you all have excellant memories because I can not remember what I wore myself one week ago today..nor what my grandchildren had on last week when they were here for a few days.

We are talking one month later here..not the next day..and he did not know the last time he saw her would be the last time forever.  So I truly doubt George did remember more then 30 days later what Caylee had on that particular day.  JMHO

me too.....I can't remember what I wore last week.....I think Cindy might have looked through Caylee clothing and knew what was missing and told GA...but I doubt him remembering  JMO

Rest in Peace Caylee

pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2575 on: May 30, 2011, 08:07:05 PM »

Anyone on, that lives in Florida?
Is there anything around Johnson's Wrecker?  Stores, gas stations.
I'm in FL, but not the Orlando area. Not sure about a gas station near Johnson's wrecker, but this week prosecutor's entered into evidence a pic of Casey's car at Amscot and the surrounding area. There was a gas station right there! So KC's claim that her car "broke down" at Amscot was total bunk...big surprise. Fact is she dumped the car because of the decomp smell...MMO

I just thought of something. Casey told Tony her car was out of gas, they go to to her parents and steal the cans of gas (she tells Tony not to worry, after all it is her shed too and it is ok)  and Tony and Casey go back to Amscot where she puts gas in the car. My question is, if the car was towed to the lot, then why would it have been out of gas? Did Casey use it between the time she gassed it up, with the help of Tony and the time it was towed? Because, had it been towed with the gas Casey put in it with stolen cans from her shed at home, then George would have been able to start it and drive it home.

Never thought of that.
Depends how much gas was in the gas cans and how far she drove.
jmo.  I think she ran it out of gas on purpose, then hopping someone would steal it.

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2576 on: May 30, 2011, 08:10:33 PM »

hln nancy grace talking about the misisng teddy bear

Loca
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2577 on: May 30, 2011, 08:11:38 PM »

GDD, I believe it has been determined that she was NOT offered a deal before the trial started....the people talking about the plea deal was in fact talking about one offered (and I am not sure it was ever confirmed) very early on. On the neglect of a child charges....long before Caylee's remains were found....I believe that was the one and only offer every given

Sunny ..I heard Judge Perry state to the defense on the first day of the jury selection that his understanding was that the defense was not accepting the plea deal at this time.  It was before jury selection started and they were doing their housekeeping so to speak.

I do not have a link , but it should be available on the first tape of jury selection...my computer won't let me leave this screen to even look at the articles people are posting.

It locks up immediately..but I know I heard him say that to Baez. 

I believe he asked her if she had entered into a plea and she said no. I also believe this is SOP.....I will ask my friend just to make sure...so we are both clear on it.

Rest in Peace Caylee

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2578 on: May 30, 2011, 08:11:49 PM »

For tomorrow.

His opinion.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2579 on: May 30, 2011, 08:13:22 PM »

For tomorrow.

His opinion.
Yep, I really like him......a straight shooter...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.