April 19, 2024, 02:22:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MEDIA REPORTS:Caylee Marie Anthony-MURDER TRIAL-(NO DISCUSSION)  (Read 225559 times)
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #240 on: June 28, 2011, 06:33:19 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/28378800/detail.html
Kronk: Left Bones Untouched, Tried To Do "The Right Thing"
Posted: 5:47 am EDT June 28, 2011Updated: 5:20 pm EDT June 28, 2011
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- The meter reader who found Caylee Anthony's remains testified on Tuesday that he didn't touch the bag containing the Caylee's bones after he spotted it in the woods and called his supervisor, who then called police.
::snipping2::

"I saw an object that looked a little odd to me," Kronk testified on Tuesday. "I told them I saw an object that looked like a skull."

Kronk said he was reprimanded the deputy who arrived at the scene because they found nothing at the time.

"I simply tried to do the right thing and for doing that I was chewed out for a half-hour and was pissed off about that," Kronk stated.

"Were you angry at the sheriff's office?" Mason asked.

"No, I wasn't angry at the Orange County sheriffs, no one person doesn't make a department," Kronk said. ::snipping2::

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #241 on: June 28, 2011, 06:45:15 PM »

Casey Anthony trial: Defense asking to allow corrections officers to testify
This is happening outside the presence of the jury before court is adjourned for the day.
By Anthony Colarossi, Orlando Sentinel

3:54 p.m. CDT, June 28, 2011

Defense attorneys are attempting to have the judge allow a couple of corrections officers to testify on Casey Anthony's demeanor while in jail, but the judge said no.

Defense attorney Jose Baez called two corrections officers to the stand outside the presence of the jury this afternoon, presumably to have them testify about how she was happy and cordial to them all the time she has been in custody.

But the judge will not allow those witnesses, he said, citing relevance. ::snipping2::

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #242 on: June 28, 2011, 06:46:28 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/28378800/detail.html
Kronk: Left Bones Untouched, Tried To Do "The Right Thing"
Posted: 5:47 am EDT June 28, 2011Updated: 5:20 pm EDT June 28, 2011
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- The meter reader who found Caylee Anthony's remains testified on Tuesday that he didn't touch the bag containing the Caylee's bones after he spotted it in the woods and called his supervisor, who then called police.

"I saw an object that looked a little odd to me," Kronk testified on Tuesday. "I told them I saw an object that looked like a skull."

Kronk said he was reprimanded the deputy who arrived at the scene because they found nothing at the time.

"I simply tried to do the right thing and for doing that I was chewed out for a half-hour and was pissed off about that," Kronk stated.

"Were you angry at the sheriff's office?" Mason asked.

"No, I wasn't angry at the Orange County sheriffs, no one person doesn't make a department," Kronk said.

Defense attorney Cheney Mason asked Kronk if he touched the suspicious object or moved it when he saw it in August.

"I never was closer than 30 feet to that bag," Kronk said.

Kronk returned to the area in December 2008 and spotted the remains, which were then recovered by authorities.

Kronk testified that he lifted the skull with his meter reader stick to get a better look..

"I very gently took it and put it into the right eye socket and I gently pivoted it up and I looked down and realized what it was and I set it down as gently as I could," said Kronk.

Mason asked Kronk if he shared what he'd seen in August with anyone else. Kronk said he mentioned it in passing to a roommate, but nothing beyond that. Kronk said only "I believe so" when asked if he knew there was an award being offered for finding the child.

Nearly every member of the jury could be seen taking notes while Kronk testified. ::snipping2::

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #243 on: June 28, 2011, 06:48:49 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2011/06/casey-anthony-did-roy-kronk-hold-his-own-on-the-stand.html/comment-page-1
Casey Anthony: Did Roy Kronk hold his own on the stand?
Caylee and Casey Anthony, George and Cindy Anthony, WESH, WFTV, WOFL — posted by halboedeker on June, 28 2011 5:08 PM
How did Roy Kronk fare on the stand today at the Casey Anthony trial?

“The defense fell short with Kronk,” said WFTV-Channel 9 legal analyst Bill Sheaffer. “Roy Kronk has come off exactly as to what Roy Kronk is, a good Samaritan who stumbled across the child’s remains, did what he thought was the right thing and now has become the subject of attempted repeated character assassination. But he handled himself well.” ::snipping2::

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #244 on: June 28, 2011, 06:52:50 PM »

http://www.39online.com/newsfix/os-casey-anthony-trial-day-30-20110628,0,395517.story
This is happening outside the presence of the jury before court is adjourned for the day.

Defense attorneys are attempting to have the judge allow a couple of corrections officers to testify on Casey Anthony's demeanor while in jail, but the judge said no.

Defense attorney Jose Baez called two corrections officers to the stand outside the presence of the jury this afternoon, presumably to have them testify about how she was happy and cordial to them all the time she has been in custody.

But the judge will not allow those witnesses, he said, citing relevance. ::snipping2::

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #245 on: June 28, 2011, 06:55:13 PM »

ORLANDO --

Prosecutors in the Casey Anthony murder trial have begun showing the jury hours of recorded visitations with Casey at the Orange County Jail.
Don't miss a minute of the Casey Anthony trial!
Jump to: LIVE updates from the courtroom

The jury learned that Casey was arrested on July 16, 2008, after she lied to Orange County detectives about working at Universal Orlando Resort while attempting to lead them to her missing 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.

Casey, 25, is on trial for her daughter's murder, but her lawyers said Caylee actually drowned in the family swimming pool.

On Thursday, the defense said it wanted to introduce a new witness, a grief counselor named Dr. Sally Karioth, to explain Casey's behavior after Caylee allegedly drowned.

The potential witness may be the same Dr. Karioth listed as a professor at Florida State University's College of Nursing.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/june/255460/

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #246 on: June 28, 2011, 08:41:02 PM »

Judge Belvin Perry tells the jury about a hawk outside the courtroom.

Symbolic Meaning of the Hawk
By Jack Mehoffer

Attributes & symbolic meanings of the hawk

» Attention
» Vision
» Power
» Energy
» Leadership
» Intensity
:
We take these indications from observing the hawk in nature. Here we see the hawk has tremendous vision. Their eyesight is phenomenal and a key factor in their incredible hunting abilities. Here the hawk is a message for us to keep our eyes (both physical & spiritual) keen on the areas that most require our attention. Specifically, the hawk beckons us to hone our focus on the areas that are out of balance in our lives. Recognition is the first step to solution

http://budz.wordpress.com/2008/01/27/symbolic-meaning-of-the-hawk/.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #247 on: June 28, 2011, 08:47:08 PM »

http://www.39online.com/newsfix/os-casey-anthony-trial-day-30-20110628,0,395517.story

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #248 on: June 28, 2011, 08:48:45 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=13947225

Casey Anthony Trial: Former Fiance Says Lee Anthony Groped Sister
By JESSICA HOPPER
12 minutes ago

Jesse Grund Says Casey Anthony Wanted to Keep Caylee From Brother
A former fiance of Casey Anthony testified today that the Florida woman's brother once groped her while she slept and that she wanted to keep her daughter Caylee away from him.

Jesse Grund testified at Casey Anthony's murder trial without jurors in the room. Judge Belvin Perry will decide Wednesday whether the testimony is admissible.

If his testimony is allowed, it could help the defense's claims that Casey Anthony suffered sexual abuse at the hands of her brother and father. Casey Anthony, 25, is accused of murderinig daughter Caylee and could face the death penalty if convicted.

Her father, George Anthony, has denied the abuse accusations. Lee Anthony has never been asked directly by the prosecution or defense if he abused his sister.

Another former boyfriend of Casey Anthony, Tony Lazzaro, previously testified that the Florida woman said her father was physically abusive and that Lee Anthony had tried to "feel her up" but didn't succeed. ::snipping2::

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #249 on: June 29, 2011, 08:59:38 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/28391868/detail.html
Defense Winds Down Its Case In Casey Murder Trial
Posted: 6:30 am EDT June 29, 2011Updated: 6:37 am EDT June 29, 2011

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Casey Anthony’s murder trial could bring several new developments on Wednesday as the defense is on the verge of wrapping up its case.

Wednesday marks day 42, including jury selection, of Casey's trial. Casey's accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee Marie Anthony.

There are only a handful of witnesses left to call, and on Wednesday we may find out whether Casey will be one of them.

Before testimony on Wednesday, Casey’s attorneys are expected to argue that the whole trial should be thrown out and started over with a different jury.

The court will hear defense arguments about a new death penalty ruling that will happen with a member of the defense team on the record by phone. The defense says this new appeals case out of south Florida means the current jury should be re-seated.

The defense is expected to call a grief expert to the witness stand on Wednesday.

On Tuesday, Casey’s defense team said they have only a half dozen witnesses left to call. ::snipping2::

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #250 on: June 29, 2011, 09:00:08 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-trial-day-31-20110629,0,7263970.story
Casey Anthony trial: Attorneys slated to argue mistrial motion, call six witnesses
By Amy Pavuk, Orlando Sentinel
6:03 a.m. EDT, June 29, 2011
Casey Anthony's first-degree murder trial could begin this morning with the defense team arguing for a mistrial because of a recent federal ruling faulting Florida's death-penalty laws.

The defense team filed the motion earlier this week.

They want Chief Judge Belvin Perry to declare a mistrial because the federal court in South Florida found the death-penalty statute unconstitutional. The motion also asks Perry to select a new jury that is not death-qualified, which was a requirement of Anthony's current jury. ::snipping2::

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #251 on: June 29, 2011, 09:01:04 AM »

Testimony centers on Caylee Anthony's remains
Updated 3h 24m ago
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — The defense scrutinized the testimony of a meter reader who it argues moved the remains of 2-year-old Caylee Anthony so he could collect a reward for the discovery and again painted her family as dysfunctional during the murder trial Tuesday of the girl's mother.

The defense continued to hammer away at forensics evidence at the heart of the prosecution's case against 25-year-old Casey Anthony, who has pleaded not guilty in her daughter's death. The prosecution says Caylee's remains were in the woods for some six months after she was killed when they were recovered in December 2008.

The defense is trying to prove that they could have been there for much less time to try to cast doubt on prosecution experts who said the body had been decomposing for several months. ::snipping2::

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #252 on: June 29, 2011, 01:44:18 PM »

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/casey-anthonys-father-breaks-991957.html
National / World News 11:16 a.m. Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Casey Anthony's father breaks down on the stand
By KYLE HIGHTOWER

The Associated Press

ORLANDO, Fla. — Casey Anthony's father has broken down crying while describing his emotions when he learned that granddaughter Caylee's remains had been found in a wooded area near his Orlando home.
George Anthony testified again Wednesday in the murder trial of his daughter. Court was adjourned so the former police officer could compose himself. ::snipping2::

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #253 on: June 29, 2011, 01:49:40 PM »

Fireworks, tears as Casey Anthony's father testifies
June 29, 2011 -- Updated 1634 GMT (0034 HKT)

While generally, a witness' state of mind is not an issue, Perry said, "Looks as though the defense has made Mr. Anthony's state of mind an issue ... someone opened the door and Mr. Ashton's trying to walk through it."
http://edition.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/06/29/florida.casey.anthony.trial/

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #254 on: June 29, 2011, 01:50:30 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/blogpost/post/casey-anthony-trial-attracts-tourists-to-orlando-courthouse/2011/06/29/AG4KuqqH_blog.html
Posted at 12:46 PM ET, 06/29/2011
Casey Anthony trial attracts tourists to Orlando courthouse
By Sarah Anne Hughes

While a trip to the Orlando area usually entails a visit to the “Happiest Place on Earth,” some tourists are flocking to the area for the trial of Casey Anthony, the young mother accused of killing her toddler daughter.

Dozens of people, primarily women, have traveled to the Florida city to wait in line outside the Orange County Courthouse for a chance to watch the trial firsthand. The New York Times interviewed some of the court-case tourists.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #255 on: June 29, 2011, 01:52:04 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/29/casey-anthonys-father-admits-suicide_n_886916.html#s294277&title=Casey_Anthony_Personal
Casey Anthony's Father Admits Suicide Attempt, Denies Molestation
First Posted: 06/29/11 12:44 PM ET Updated: 06/29/11 12:44 PM ET

Casey Anthony's first-degree murder trial descended into chaos on Wednesday morning when prosecutors entered a flurry of objections as the defense attempted to question the accused child killer's parents about sexual abuse they allege she suffered at the hands of family members.

"I would never do anything like that to my daughter," the defendant's father, George Anthony, said when asked if he had molested Casey.

Defense attorney Jose Baez then asked George Anthony if he would ever admit to abusing his daughter. "You would never admit to it, would you sir," Baez asked. Anthony again denied any wrong doing. "I would never do anything to harm my daughter in that way," he said.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #256 on: June 29, 2011, 01:56:32 PM »

Just before she was lead out for lunch break

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #257 on: June 29, 2011, 07:20:00 PM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/june/271083/Day-31:-George-Anthony-breaks-down,-jury-hears-from-Kronks-son,-grief-expert

Day 31: George Anthony breaks down, jury hears from Kronk's son, grief expert
By Jacqueline Fell, Adam Longo and Kelli Cook, Team Coverage
Last Updated: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 6:17 PM
ORLANDO --
Casey Anthony's defense said it will likely be ready to rest sometime Thursday.
Judge Belvin Perry told prosecutors to have witnesses ready for rebuttal, and to have closing arguments prepared for Saturday at the earliest.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #258 on: June 29, 2011, 07:20:42 PM »

Casey Anthony reacts to her father's testimony during her murder trial at the Orange County Courthouse in Orlando, Fla. on Wednesday, June 29, 2011.
http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/june/271083/Day-31:-George-Anthony-breaks-down,-jury-hears-from-Kronks-son,-grief-expert

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #259 on: June 29, 2011, 08:05:54 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/28392742/detail.html
Casey Anthony Defense Says It Will Rest Thursday
Casey Anthony, 25, Could Face Death Penalty If Convicted
POSTED: Wednesday, June 29, 2011
UPDATED: 7:19 pm EDT June 29, 2011
ORLANDO, Fla. -- The Casey Anthony jury could be deliberating her fate over the holiday weekend.

Casey Anthony's defense team said Wednesday evening it will rest on Thursday.

Judge Belvin Perry said closing arguments could be held Saturday, and it is up to the jury if they would want to hear closing arguments on Sunday or on Independence Day on Monday.

The defense has claimed that George Anthony found Caylee dead in the family swimming pool on June 16, 2008, and helped try to cover up the toddler's death.

During cross-examination, prosecutor Jeff Ashton asked George Anthony about his suicide note. George Anthony said he wanted to be with Caylee, and he would be dead had law enforcement not intervened.

George Anthony began to cry again as he reviewed his suicide note on the stand.

"My emotional state, even through today, is very hard to accept that I don't have a granddaughter anymore, but for that particular day, it just felt like the right time to go and be with Caylee," George Anthony said.

George Anthony said that in his suicide note, he acknowledged questions he had about what had happened to Caylee.

"There was numerous pages I wrote ... I probably repeated myself numerous times. I had to express what I was feeling," George Anthony said.

Ashton said he plans to introduce the suicide note during the rebuttal phase of the trial. The note ordinarily would not be allowed, but Judge Belvin Perry said Baez opened the door for the note to be introduced by bringing up the suicide attempt. ::snipping2::

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.