April 19, 2024, 07:26:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #594 3/29 - 4/1/2007  (Read 127952 times)
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #260 on: March 30, 2007, 07:36:12 PM »

Twisted Evil

Sueeeeeeeeeeyyyyyy

Baby, Now that's

HOT

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #261 on: March 30, 2007, 07:42:04 PM »

O/T

I just posted updates in the Monkey Lounge on the first DRY pet food being recalled.  It's one of the Hill's Science Diet Prescription Diets.

This expansion into dry food is very troubling.  And the FDA is saying plastic instead of rat poison.  How are vets to know how to treat any sick animals with conflicting reports like this!   Evil or Very Mad

Anyone know where a total of pets effected might be being kept?

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #262 on: March 30, 2007, 07:44:00 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
O/T

I just posted updates in the Monkey Lounge on the first DRY pet food being recalled.  It's one of the Hill's Science Diet Prescription Diets.

This expansion into dry food is very troubling.  And the FDA is saying plastic instead of rat poison.  How are vets to know how to treat any sick animals with conflicting reports like this!   Evil or Very Mad

Someone posted a link to a site that was keeping track of that.  It's probably in the pet food recall thread.  I'll see if I can find it.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #263 on: March 30, 2007, 07:45:40 PM »

Yes, picking up bits and pieces thru the last almost 2 yrs. about where she might live, I would say she is under a lot of smoke, ash now for the smoke is going over her area in a big way. They are telling everyone to close windows et al.

Rumor has it, it was started by kids with fireworks near the Oakwood Apts on Barham and they have some kids re: it.. UGH

Hollywood sign, houses, horses, lives, Forest Lawn and Jewish cemetery, Griffith Park and zoo OK and saved!

Big, big electric lines up there. TV said smoke damages the lines so can't relay... be on look out for surges.

Am so proud of all our Fire, Police, EMT and those here who are serving and have served! Am looking for wk tele # of my girlfriend at Warners whose office is right across the road from the fire.

Smoke House restaurant, like less than a block from the fire, said that an after funeral dinner was scheduled: they said they haven't heard anything about it. TV rumor said some funerals canceled.

ran out of room for back up on hard disk.. so won't be taking computer in until tomorrow. Have to clean up HD backup Only 1 last day on AppleCare at end of 3 yrs!

You knowo how they tease those in So. CA that our car is an extension of us??? SM and my computers are extension of me more than my car.

Later this this eve: buy some bunny socks and dinner at the Post (steak Yippee) and live dancing. opps live music

Rolling Eyes

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #264 on: March 30, 2007, 07:47:53 PM »

computer not computers.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #265 on: March 30, 2007, 07:49:35 PM »

Anna

Try this:

http://www.petconnection.com/
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #266 on: March 30, 2007, 07:51:10 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "Anna"
O/T

Someone posted a link to a site that was keeping track of that.  It's probably in the pet food recall thread.  I'll see if I can find it.

Anna - I think this is the site:

http://www.petconnection.com/index.php

Update 3/30: More than 2,400 pets have been reported as deceased to our PetConnection database
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #267 on: March 30, 2007, 07:55:47 PM »

Anna

Hi!  Plastic what???? Shipping containers? How can plastic get into the wheat chain??

Resin??

Gee, this is horrible. Klaas I can't get the link to work.. but it might be overloaded from Good Monkeys!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #268 on: March 30, 2007, 07:58:17 PM »

Quote from: "IBE"
Anna

Hi!  Plastic what???? Shipping containers? How can plastic get into the wheat chain??

Resin??

Gee, this is horrible. Klaas I can't get the link to work.. but it might be overloaded from Good Monkeys!

Some kind of chemical used in making plastic that is also used as a fertilizer.  It's banned as a fertilizer here but not in China.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #269 on: March 30, 2007, 08:08:27 PM »

FYI

Melamine

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Melamine is a strong organic base with the chemical formula C3H6N6, with the IUPAC name 1,3,5-triazine-2,4,6-triamine. Melamine is produced from urea, mainly by either of two methods: catalyzed gas-phase production or high pressure liquid-phase production.

Melamine is primarily used to produce melamine resin, which when combined with formaldehyde produces a very durable thermoset plastic. This plastic is often used in kitchen utensils or plates (e.g. Melmac). It is often used in laminates. It is the main constituent in high pressure laminates such as Formica and Arborite and of laminate flooring. Melamine tile wall panels can also be used as whiteboards. Melamine resin is often directly laminated to particle board; the resultant panel is often referred to just as "melamine" and is frequently used in Ready-To-Assemble furniture and inexpensive kitchen cabinets.

With up to 6 active hydrogen sites, melamine reacts with formaldehyde and methanol to form a large family of resins. A resin ratio of 2 moles formaldehyde to 1 of melamine is used extensively to impregnate countertop surface paper laminates, making them flame and boil resistant. A resin ratio of 6 moles of formaldehyde to 1 of melamine followed by excess methanol forms a methylolated crosslinking resin used to impart heat and solvent resistance to numerous latex-based coatings.

Melamine, dicyandiamide (or cyanoguanidine) and cyanamide are related. The first is considered the trimer and the second the dimer of the third. All contain 66% N and provide fire retardant properties to resin formulas by releasing nitrogen when burned or charred.

Uses
The micro-fibrous structure of melamine foam, an open cell material.

Melamine foam has an interlinking bubble format which produces a structure more like a block of microscopic fibreglass than normal foam. Tt is used for soundproofing, as a fire-retardant material (but not as insulation, because it allows air to pass through its structure), and also as a cleaning product, the name-brand version of which is Magic Eraser, though other companies chop up and sell the same foam under their own, or generic, names. Because of its interlocking microporous nature, and the extreme hardness of the resulting fibres, it can seem to clean "uncleanable" things from any relatively smooth, hard surface, such as a crayon from a painted wall, or road grease from a hubcap.

[edit] Toxicity

Melamine is not known to be toxic in humans. According to animal studies, large amounts may ultimately lead to kidney stones, cancer or reproductive damage.[2][3][4][5]

During the early part of 2007 there was a massive pet food recall by Menu Foods due to suspected contamination after the food proved deadly to pets. On March 30, 2007, the US Food and Drug Administration reported that it found melamine in the recalled pet food, in samples of wheat gluten used to produce the food, as well as in the kidneys and urine of affected animals. The compound's presence has not been conclusively linked to the animals' deaths, but the FDA’s Dr. Stephen Sundlof said, “Melamine is an ingredient that should not be present in pet food at any level.”[6] The US FDA report says that Melamine is used as a fertilizer in Asia aside from its more common use in plastics. Previously, officials in the US state of New York identified aminopterin as the contaminant that caused the sicknesses.[7]

[edit] See also

* 1,3,5-Triazine
    * Triazines
References

1. ^ Merck Index, 12th Edition, 5853.
   2. ^ International Chemical Safety Card
   3. ^ MSDS
   4. ^ OSHA - Chemical sampling information
   5. ^ WHO - Some Chemicals that Cause Tumours of the Kidney or Urinary Bladder in Rodents and Some Other Substances
   6. ^ ["http://www.petconnection.com/blog/2007/03/30/pet-food-recall-more-updates-from-the-press-conference/" "Pet food recall: More updates from the press conference"].
   7. ^ "Chemical found in recalled pet food", Dallas News

robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #270 on: March 30, 2007, 08:10:20 PM »

<--making dog food at home -

now, maybe people will understand why im a GERMAPHOBIC

ok ok ok...maybe this situationisnt because of GERMS but the PRINCIPLE is the same... i dont eat out ..EVER

<------buying bulk chicken and HUGE bags of RICE

and considering putting an ad in the paper...

home made dog food prepared by ROBOTS

Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool  Cool

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #271 on: March 30, 2007, 08:11:28 PM »

Sorry, didn't see the URL in the article.. Think I blew the margins. Sorry

robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #272 on: March 30, 2007, 08:12:08 PM »

<-----------will DELIVER within a 20 mile radius on orders over 50 pounds

Laughing  Cool

- A Horse's Tale
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #273 on: March 30, 2007, 08:16:38 PM »

So??? If we are using that Eraser thingie to clean?? are we leaving some of this toxin on what we clean?

Just threw my eraser thingie out! Back to rags and whatever.

Am checking the Lounge to see what I need to make cat and dog food. After I buy my bunny socks and steak. I bought some Organic Liver (hopefully it's organic!) cut up small pieces each day.

robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #274 on: March 30, 2007, 08:18:51 PM »

chicken and rice ...dogs seem to like a lot

throw in a couple carrots and peas

they wil be fine

i was a wolf once..a long time ago

wolves like it too  Cool

- A Horse's Tale
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #275 on: March 30, 2007, 08:20:44 PM »

course one of my dogs thiks the carrots are a treat
and the other one wont touch em

different tastes for different dogs

the one that eats carrots can see better at night  Cool

- A Horse's Tale
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #276 on: March 30, 2007, 08:24:04 PM »

they like liver too

but, something about eating organs that are meant as FILTERS
turns me off

lots and lots and lots of people tell me these ORGAN foods are good for you
 Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

i aint buying it...they shouldnt be selling it

i call it KOOKIE TALK  

they are FILTERS.. they COLLECT garbage... ever look in your VACCUM cleaner filter.......fry some of that up and tell me if thats  good for you

- A Horse's Tale
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #277 on: March 30, 2007, 08:26:21 PM »

kidneys, livers and giblets............YUCK

let them clean, eat at your own RISK

you have been warned

- A Horse's Tale
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #278 on: March 30, 2007, 08:31:34 PM »

Quote from: "robots"

you have been warned

I agree with you there Robots  Wink
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #279 on: March 30, 2007, 08:33:06 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Quote from: "robots"

you have been warned

I agree with you there Robots  Wink

Wink

now, if i was on a deserted island and that was all there was...

i mght think about eating them but im not sure about that

its a MAYBE  Wink

- A Horse's Tale
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.