April 24, 2024, 07:25:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bush Delivers Hilarious Punch Lines  (Read 10075 times)
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2007, 12:16:52 PM »

As I have posted earlier, yes humans can make mistakes and bad decisions, but that dosen't mean 'blame' most be found and 'someone' must pay.

Yes a solution to the problem must be found, but just to find 'blame' is pointless.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2007, 12:33:25 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Yes, it does look like some members of the bureaucracy haven't been doing  their jobs and something should be done about it in the public interest.

Course one can never really trust a bureaucrat to do his defined job.

Everyone should be responsible for looking out for what they eat and drink.

Again, corporations consist of individual humans and humans can be nefarious and/or negligent in their jobs and should be held accountable for their actions.

Still don't think all the workers and stockholders of a corporation should have to pay for the negligence or mistakes of a few, just so lawyers and a few individuals can gain a large payback.

Carnut,

what you are describing is capitalism run amuck with no checks and balances, to even suggest we should all be responsible for what we eat and drink. Only federal and state regulatory agencies can even gain the information to make those judgments regarding any product sold for human consumption outside of the local farmer's market. Go read the labels at your grocery store, do you realize gluten is the stabilizer for most baked goods? Ask BT, her hubby has an allergy to it, it's also in any product that is prepared foods like hamburger helper that has a gravy component? Gluten may or may not be the culprit in this pet food recall, but the majority of our gluten (around 70%) is imported from Europe. Now how on earth are we to have enough information to make judgments if we choose to eat it? Information is king, you're a techie, I know you know that principle.

I don't like the lawsuits anymore than you do, just like with corprorations those execs and attorneys are the only ones getting rich off it, but it's because of the greed and lack of integrity within some capitalists that began the whole cycle of that dilemma.

I continue to stand with the girl.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2007, 05:16:58 PM »

I'm expected to perform my assigned duties in a timely and professional manner. It is my supervisor's job to ensure that I do so. His boss oversees him, etc. My agency also has very impressive departments designed to check for accuracy, etc. If somerone along the line does not do their job, the agency is ultimately responsible.

Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2007, 05:28:34 PM »

Quote from: "justinsmama"
I'm expected to perform my assigned duties in a timely and professional manner. It is my supervisor's job to ensure that I do so. His boss oversees him, etc. My agency also has very impressive departments designed to check for accuracy, etc. If somerone along the line does not do their job, the agency is ultimately responsible.

So, if you make a mistake, everyone else in the agency has to suffer?

Seems to me in a business/corporation just like in government and the military, the 'head guy in charge' is the one with ultimate responsiblity, not the worker bees.

The only thing wrong with capitalism now a days is that the 'buck no longer stops here', the exhorbantly paid chief execs can get away with murder and blame it on the worker bees.

In this latest fiasco, the guy who made the decision to buy the 'bad gluten' should be hammered and the guy who was in charge should be hammered, but not the corp and the workers.

Again, class action 'holding a corp responsible' just lines the pockets of lawyers.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2007, 08:40:22 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
Quote from: "justinsmama"

So, if you make a mistake, everyone else in the agency has to suffer?

Seems to me in a business/corporation just like in government and the military, the 'head guy in charge' is the one with ultimate responsiblity, not the worker bees.

The only thing wrong with capitalism now a days is that the 'buck no longer stops here', the exhorbantly paid chief execs can get away with murder and blame it on the worker bees.

In this latest fiasco, the guy who made the decision to buy the 'bad gluten' should be hammered and the guy who was in charge should be hammered, but not the corp and the workers.

Again, class action 'holding a corp responsible' just lines the pockets of lawyers.

YES. Don't get me wrong, I would most certainly be fired. My point is that I am employed by an agency that has established and maintains our own checks and balances. Those that do not or who have ineffective strategies are risking their company, their employees and their customers.

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2007, 08:42:15 PM »

Anna, I checked the link and did see that Prescription Pet Z/D is manufactured by by Hill's Pet Nutrition.  I'll give the Vet a call tomorrow. In the meantime, this food has been very good for my cats and they think it is delicious.

Carnut, you are right that the pet food corporations will be laying people off.

The most important thing to remember is pets are very special to humans. While humans may be very restrained regarding talking about their love for other humans, they are totally open and emotional about their pets.  Today I went to a B'day party for my friend's 80 year old father. He invented 3-D photography. Every summer, tourist bureaus in Switzerland pay for him and his wife to travel to Europe to discuss tourists brochures and he takes the pics. He said he couldn't quite get a good pic from his vantage point, so he walked over a couple a blocks and wound up in pet cemetery in Zermatt. He was amazed at what is written on the markers of the pets' graves. All the walls fall down and what is left is pure love for the pet.

Car, while I'm sure pet food manufacturers did not do this on purpose, it happened and the food is killing our pets. You have a dog. How can you be so cold hearted regarding this issue? What do you feed your dog?

And another question is "Why is a pet food discussion taking place on this thread ... "Bush  Delivers Hilarious Punch Lines at Radio and TV Broadcasters' Annual Dinner"?

Because Anna decided to change the subject?  Pet food issues do not belong here.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2007, 09:32:52 PM »

Yes, Louise, EVIL ANNA DECIDED TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT BECAUSE I WAS TRYING TO SAVE YOUR CAT's LIFE!

I posted it on YOUR THREAD because I was pretty sure you would read here but thought you might not on other threads.  I know I certainly don't and don't usually read yours.

My mistake!  I am so very sorry and will not post on any more of YOUR THREADS changing the subject like this again.

I would have thought a thank you far, far more appropriate than that nasty remark of yours but then, I should have known better than to expect anything more from YOU!

You are feeding your cat the recalled dry food and I try to bring this to your attention and you have the nerve to scold me about your thread??  Your lack of gratitude is just unbelievable!

Rest assured that I shall never again try to help you in any way!  I have more than learned my lesson about doing that!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2007, 06:03:47 AM »

Louise,

I believe I started all discussion in this poli forum regarding keeping threads on track, I did so when we had a lot of personal attacks at that time. I regret now I ever posted that for I do believe Anna was only trying to alert you, knowing how much you love your beloved pets. I was hopeful we were all progressing toward more enlightened discussion without rancor, I fear I was mistaken.

I continue to stand with the girl.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2007, 09:45:16 PM »

Nonsey,

I'm sorry to have been confused as to who changed the thread subject. I was mistaken.

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2007, 09:56:39 PM »

Dear Anna,

I appreciated your information and this morning I called my Vet and spoke to a DVM and PhD about they food they sell. They don't sell any of the food in question even though "Hills" produces a vast array of dry cat food. Thank you very much for reminding me to check out the food further. I always appreciate your advice and posts. Now I can rest easy due to your post to check out the food.

I appreciate you very much. I don't think you are evil, Anna. But I already am hooked up with a genius Vet.

Much appreciation, Louise

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.