April 23, 2024, 07:13:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone Needs To Monitor "The Front Page"  (Read 2996 times)
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« on: April 01, 2007, 07:56:45 AM »

It is getting very apparent that someone needs to monitor the front page.  It seems that all discussions come back to the Holloway case.  Can we just have a front page area for those who still insist on arguing about the Holloway case.  I don't wish to seem insensitive as I do have empathy regarding the case and all the issues which have kept our attention these two years.  However, there is more to life than just reading about or arguing the points of Aruba and its many players.

I suppose the best thing I can do is to ignore what is one the front page and not let it get to me.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 05:34:52 PM »

Great Owl,
Klaas does monitor the FP as well.  But if she is too strict then they cry censor so no way to win on that one.  I think it is quite a job just to keep the worst of the profanity out.

We only have one mod and she is spread so thin we can see through her sometimes.  She does a tremendous job and I am sure you will agree on that.  I wish she had some help but it's hard to find folks who will volunteer all that time and then they have to learn the codes, etc.  Red and Tom also help out but there again, the posters will whine about their post not appearing and claim some sort of conspiracy to prevent their view from being seen.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 08:41:03 AM »

I know Anna, Klaas does a great job.  I was just frustrated one day as I was following a story on the exhumation of Houdini and found that it had gone full circle and become another thread of people arguing about issues regarding Natalee.  As I said I have great empathy, but just felt that so many discussion tend to go full circle and end up that way.

It was more rhetorical than anything.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Peaches
Monkey Junky

~WE LOVE YOU PEACHES~

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 08:00:56 AM »

I don't know why people can't keep their stuff together.  It would seem that unless the particular article is about the Holloway case, people would associate their comments to the appropriate story.

I guess not.

"I bring my better angels to every fight".
Expect a miracle.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.