April 25, 2024, 02:21:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about different Arab religous factions  (Read 6878 times)
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« on: July 20, 2006, 10:46:44 PM »

This may be a silly question to some, but I understand that Hezbollah is of the Shia (sp?) and Hezbollah is Sh'iite and they are both of the Muslim religion, sort of like different christian faiths?  What is the difference between the two, if anyone knows?  I'm just curious..

Thanks for any insight!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 01:23:39 AM »

Quote from: "Dihannah1"
This may be a silly question to some, but I understand that Hezbollah is of the Shia (sp?) and Hezbollah is Sh'iite and they are both of the Muslim religion, sort of like different christian faiths?  What is the difference between the two, if anyone knows?  I'm just curious..

Thanks for any insight!

Different sizes in their weapons.  Hamas is Palestinean and Hizb'Allah is Iranian but they are all Muslim religions.  Iran is not really Arab but ayatollas and mullahs run the country, although most of their citizens would like to be more westernized.  Remember the shah?  Big mistake we made with that.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 10:49:42 PM »

Thanks Tylergal!  I hear talk about the different religous factions in Iraq fighting each other.  I was just curious what thier different beliefs were as far as being muslims.  Could you imagine the Baptists, Catholics,  Lutherans (or whomever, add religion) fighting amongst each othere here?  We have so many different 'flavors'  it would be crazy!  I know the Iraqis are trying to live nice amongst each other and the extremists are trying to tear them apart.  I just don't understand,  if these extremists are out to make the entire world muslim, they sure aren't gaining popularity in the muslim world by killing their own...  Idiots!

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 12:53:25 PM »

Dhannah, well we have the Protestants and Catholics fighting in Ireland for a very long time although on a lower level.

I heard an interesting comment on the news, not sure of the source as I was listening from the next room.  It was CNN or Fox and the commentator said that Hezballah believes the world is coming to an end in two years.

Is this true?  Does anyone have more information on this belief if it in fact exists?  Would certainly explain some of their radical behavior!   Confused

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 03:33:17 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
Dhannah, well we have the Protestants and Catholics fighting in Ireland for a very long time although on a lower level.

I heard an interesting comment on the news, not sure of the source as I was listening from the next room.  It was CNN or Fox and the commentator said that Hezballah believes the world is coming to an end in two years.

Is this true?  Does anyone have more information on this belief if it in fact exists?  Would certainly explain some of their radical behavior!   Confused

That's interesting ANNA, I would love to find out more about that...

WOW... I guess if it's all going to end in 730 days then why not go ahead and kill your self and your neighbor??  Rolling Eyes

I will try and see if I can find out more about that...

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 12:41:25 AM »

Because Iran has promised them in that length of time, they will have weapons that will destroy the world, and they will all be considered martyrs, in their twisted minds.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 12:04:58 AM »

Wow, that IS interesting. I haven't heard that Anna!   But some christians believe, including myself, we are close to the 'end of times' according to all the Bible prophecy and signs of the world today.  However, the Bible states no man will know the date or time....  I just find it intersting to follow the events around the world and the prophesies that have already taken place, just as the Bible states come to pass.

Thanks for that info.  I'll have to do some research and please let me me know of any new updates on this!

Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 10:29:18 PM »

There are 2 main sects and at least 3 minor sects.The non-arabs in Iran have a stronger view about the end the world.They seperated within 50 years od the Prophets death.They follows belief set forth by Ali,a grandson who Killed in a bloody battle in Iraq.The Sunni's are largest and the Sufi's are next.Cat

Live with hope,looking for justice
Cat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 11:03:03 PM »

I am sorry.There are only 2 main sects among Arabs.Most muslims are not Arabs.Remember the 30 years war-depopulated much of Germany in 1605-1635.Religon is always a good reason to kill your neighbor.The Book Of James"(somewhat) You can know when the end will come,only the Lord knows."I beleive we have live loke the end is near,but don't cash your assets and go to a mountain Top. cat

Live with hope,looking for justice
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2006, 12:38:20 AM »

FYI, for those who are interested.  I found what I was looking for.

Sunni Muslims

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunni Muslims are followers of the Hanifa, Shafi, Hanibal and Malik Schools.  They constitute a 90% majority of the believers in Islam, and are considered to be mainstream traditionalists.  Because they are comfortable pursuing their faith within secular societies, they have been able to adapt to a variety of national cultures, while following their three sources of law: the Qur'an, Hadith and consensus of Muslims.

The Sunnis are by far the largest sect in the Muslim world.  They take the title of Najiyah, meaning those who are being saved.  They acknowledge the first four Khalifs as the rightful successors of Muhammad.  They received the "six correct books" and belong to one of the schools of jurisprudence founded by the four Imams.

The Sunni emphasize the power and sovereignty of Allah and his right to do whatever he wants with his creation, as strict predeterminism is taught.  Its rulership is through the Caliphate, the office of Muslim ruler who is considered the successor to Muhammad.  This successor is not through hereditary lineage.  The Sunni believe, based on specific provisions of the Qur'an and the Sunna, that the Muslim people are to be governed by consensus (ijma') through an elected head of state, the khalifa, according to democratic principles.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shi'ite Muslims

The Shi'ites (also known as the Ja'firi school) split with the Sunni over the issue of the successor to Muhammad.  This split occurred after the assassination of the fourth caliph in 661.  Shi'ites believe that the successor to Muhammad should have been Ali, his son in law, and that subsequent successors should have been through his lineage through his wife Fatima.  The shi'ites strenuously maintain that they alone are right in their understanding of Islam, and like the Sunnis, they call themselves "al-Muminun," or the "true believers."  They believe in the divine right of the successors of 'Ali.  His rightful successor is now concealed, they say, but will appear at the end of the world as the "Mahdi," the one rightly guided by Allah, thus able to guide others.  They reject the "six correct books" of the Sunnis, and have five collections of their own.

Shi'ism is broken into three main sects.  The Twelve-Imam (Persia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Lebanon, Pakistan, and Syria); the Zaydis (Yemen);  the Ismailis (India, Iran, Syria, and East Africa).  Each group has differences of doctrine.

Shi'ite theology includes a doctrine known as the five supports.  These are Divine Unity (tawhid), prophecy (nubuwwah), resurrection of the soul and body at the judgment (ma'ad), the Imamate (imamah), and justice ('adl).  The first three are found in Sunni Islam, albeit with some differences of emphasis.  The Imamate, however, is the essence of Shi'ism, and the last, justice, is an inheritance from the Mu'tazilites, or rationalists, whose system is in many ways perpetuated in shi'ite theology.

Shi'ites are numerous in Iran, where they have deposed the Shah and in his place, installed the Ayatollah Khomeini and enforced Islamic law as the rule of the government.  Khomeini has gone beyond that by declaring that his command is ass good as that of the prophet Muhammad.

(Note: there were more sects, but I didn't include them)

Info found at:
http://contenderministries.org/islam/divisions.php

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2006, 01:26:41 PM »

Thank you for doing all that research!

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2006, 06:05:36 PM »

I can't really take credit.  I searched and found a site, then basically copy/past.  I just forgot to show url where I found it.  My bad....

crazybabyborg
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2006, 08:35:19 AM »

I can't really take credit.  I searched and found a site, then basically copy/past.  I just forgot to show url where I found it.  My bad....

Yes, thank you for bringing such an excellent "overall" view here. I admit to being very interested, but have little understanding of the root philosophy/religion that plays into the various Muslim beliefs. I'm particulary curious about the foundation to extreme Muslim views that allow or encourage terrorism and where Iranian leadership is getting this apocalyptic identity they are spewing forth.
My curiosity, like yours, is based on knowledge of my own Christian studies and the Bibical prophecies that seem to be lining up at an astounding pace.
According to those teachings, only the Father knows the timing, but we are challenged and called upon to read the signs and recognize the season.
Great job, Tink!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2006, 08:46:52 AM »

I found this article. It helped me understand the evolution a little, and goes on with Tink's contribution:

The Muslim Brotherhood (Jamiat al-Ikhwan al-Muslimun) was established in Egypt in 1928 by Hasan al-Banna and soon spead to other countries. Their ideology is that Islam is "creed and state, book and sword, and a way of life." By this they hope to spread the idea that it isn't possible to live in an Islamic society unless the whole of society, including the government, is run according to strict Islamic principles.
It has also been a guiding principle of the Brotherhood that Muslims must establish a pan-Islamic state, transcending all current political and geographic divisions. The ideal leader of this state should be a Caliph, an office modeled after the leaders of the Muslims just after the death of Muhammad. According to al-Banna.
The notion of nationalism...melts away and disappears just a snow disappears after strong, sparkling sunlight falls upon it, by contrast with Islamic brotherhood, which the Qur'an instils in the souls of all those who follow it.
Like all Islamists, al-Banna was opposed to loyalty to nation, ethnicity, race or class: only loyalty to the one truth faith of Islam was important, because Islam was the only thing that mattered. Thus, he was opposed to the very existence of a nation-state, and became violently opposed to one which failed to impose the laws of Islam. Of course, the fact that modern Arab states were essentially established by Western powers did not help, because al-Banna was just as opposed to the West.
[Europeans had] imported their half-naked women into these regions, together with their liquors, their theaters, their dance halls, their amusements, their stories, their newspapers, their novels, their whims, their silly games, and their vices.
All of this was, for al-Banna, much more dangerous for the future of Islam than "the political and military campaigns by far." The Brotherhood has therefore always been opposed to all forms of secularization in society and all Western influences.
An important parallel with our current situation can be found in 1948, when war broke out with Israel. At that time, members of the Brotherhood were eager volunteers, and this led to a further militarization of the group, giving it many leaders who were combat veterans. This is not very different from what happened with Afghanistan, when war against Western invaders was joined by Muslims from all over the Middle East, resulting in Islamic groups which became more radicalized and which were filled by combat veterans who were not afraid to use violence to accomplish their goals.
Al-Banna, like many in the Brotherhood, was decidedly an enemy of Israel, stating that "Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it." This opposition to Israel in particular, and Jews in general, was a new theme which would keep recurring. There is political opposition to Israel as a Western colony, and religious opposition to Israel as foreign government controlling a portion of Dar al-Islam.
The Muslim Brotherhood supports the existence of democracy insofar as it is limited to the people deciding who their leaders should be. People should not, however, be allowed any freedom to change the laws - laws which are, of course, derived from the Qur'an and hence come directly from God. Personal freedom is also only to be allowed insofar as it remains within the boundaries of Islamic tradition, meaning women can't wear shorts and dissenters can't try to convert people away from Islam.
The Muslim Brotherhood is very much a product of the political climate in which it formed. However, that political climate changed after the assassination of President Sadat in 1981, when his successor, Hosni Mubarak, altered the laws to permit more avenues for Islamic dissent. It wasn't complete freedom, but in the face of the new competition, the Brotherhood's popularity dropped considerably.
Today, the Muslim Brotherhood in Jordan is essentially the same as Hamas, the terrorist organization everyone hears about. The word Hamas is the Arabic acronym for Islamic Resistance Movement (IRM), the current name for the major offshoot of the Brotherhood in that area.
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2006, 05:00:13 PM »

CBB, That is a nice summary of Muslim history you provided.  

You know, I sit here and think about all of the variations of Christian faiths,  Baptist, Methodist, Catholics,  etc....  They all vary to some degree about what the Bible tells us and some might even get into heated debates.  But most importantly, all christians are a taught to tolerate and respect each other.   You don't see different christian faiths going around killing each other such as Shiite's,  Sunnis and Kurds are in Iraq right now.  They all believe in the same God and 'claim' Mohammed does not teach hate, then why in God's name are they killing each other???  And I'm not talking about the terrorists, it's each other!  I can see their hatred for the US Military, but you'd think, if anything they would unite, stand up together to get their country back, we even gave them a huge head start.  Even if there is a battle for religious power within the government.  Where are their priorities (I do understand their faith is to come above everything, including the government)?   It's just so unbelievable and insane when you think about it.   I am thankful, Our God is a loving and caring God!

crazybabyborg
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2006, 09:41:58 PM »

CBB, That is a nice summary of Muslim history you provided.  

You know, I sit here and think about all of the variations of Christian faiths,  Baptist, Methodist, Catholics,  etc....  They all vary to some degree about what the Bible tells us and some might even get into heated debates.  But most importantly, all christians are a taught to tolerate and respect each other.   You don't see different christian faiths going around killing each other such as Shiite's,  Sunnis and Kurds are in Iraq right now.  They all believe in the same God and 'claim' Mohammed does not teach hate, then why in God's name are they killing each other???  And I'm not talking about the terrorists, it's each other!  I can see their hatred for the US Military, but you'd think, if anything they would unite, stand up together to get their country back, we even gave them a huge head start.  Even if there is a battle for religious power within the government.  Where are their priorities (I do understand their faith is to come above everything, including the government)?   It's just so unbelievable and insane when you think about it.   I am thankful, Our God is a loving and caring God!

I totally agree with your insightful observations, Tink. It reminds me of the times when Jesus walked this Earth. There had been such emphasis on the letter of the law within the ruling Sanhedran, and such ignorance of the Spirit of that law. Long debate had dictated to the inch how far a Jew could walk on the Sabbath before it became "work" and became an infraction, dietary restrictions were defined far beyond the Old Testament guidance, etc. Jewish Faith had become a ritualistic observance. During His ministry, the Sanhedren confronted Jesus about healing the sick on the Sabbath! His answer to them was a question, "What Shepard tending his flock would not seek a lost lamb if it wandered?"
The hatred of Western ways and fear of their penetration of the "Islamic Faith" is nothing more than protection of the outward ritual that SHOULD overflow from the state of the heart; and the heart's loyalty is only born in truth, love, and faith. The actions of Hamas and those extremists that plot in zeal to "kill the infidels" cloak themselves in the guise of protecting a faith that they do not honor or observe.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.