March 28, 2024, 11:57:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony- MURDER TRIAL- DAY 8- 6/02/2011  (Read 568854 times)
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2160 on: June 02, 2011, 09:20:04 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1109656551

Mark NeJame
It is impossible to fathom the seemingly infinite number of lies Casey Anthony has told. She is getting no jury sympathy and must be looked at with total disdain by the jury, especially as these tapes and videos are presented. Usually the defense scores some points in creating reasonable doubt by this time. I see none.

This should link to the correct Mark NeJame from Orlando.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
cheeky monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2161 on: June 02, 2011, 09:20:34 PM »

I looked up the case that the judge told the attorneys to review about the proposed expert grief lady.  I hope I copied down the correct cite:  Angrand v. Key, 657 So.2nd 1146 (Fla. 1995)

Apparently, the florida supreme court (in summary) said:

1) the trial judge has a lot of leadway "broad discretion" in determining the subject an expert may testify to at trial
2)that decision will only be abandoned if "that discretion has been abused"
3)they limited an earlier case application that held grief and bereavement are not common day things jurors would know (this case was a wrongful death case) to the specifics of that case alone and not all wrongful death cases.
4)the purpose of giving the trial court the discretion in determining the type of testimony (I'm guessing expert vs. non) would be to fufill the intent of section 90.702
5)the intent of 90.702 is "..to admit expert testimony when it will assist the trier of fact in understanding the evidence or in determining a fact in issue." Bold mine.
6) generally those physcologists, etc that have treated or reviewed the surivors medical records would assist in the above. again, bold mine.
7)There are limits to the discretion, mainly though, only "expert testimony that will assist the trier of fact is admitted"
Cool"An experts testimony should not be admitted merely to relay matters which are within the common experience of the jurors or to summarize what the expert has been told by lay witnesses"

Basically what this tells me is there is no way she is going to be allowed to testify as an expeert witness.

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2162 on: June 02, 2011, 09:21:02 PM »

Bozo's on FaceBook.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2163 on: June 02, 2011, 09:21:20 PM »

Like someone else mentioned, if she was underage, I am sure it would have had to be reported. If was an adult and "messing around when Caylee drowned" that would be incest and not necessarily molestation. Just saying. I do not adhere to any of these theories. However, I will say it bothered me that George said, "Hello Gorgeous" to Casey when he and Cindy went to see her in prison. However, that might be normal father/daughter interactions. I personally couldn't say.

Stayathome, my Dad called me "pretty girl" until the day he died.  I was well into my 50s.
Nite all you monkeys. . . this monkey is

I don't find "pretty girl" odd. Gorgeous seems odd to me. However, as I said, I don't know. And I still don't think he molested her. I was just saying that "gorgeous" kinda bothered me.
[/quote]

I do think it's a little weird because he say's it all the time BUT....they all talk strangely. Even kc uses a lot of flowery over the top stuff, like when she was talking to the girl on the tape "oh sweetheart, you know I love you"....uh that's kooky to me in the context of the situation. Maybe it's just my stoic German heritage?

it was also probably the order of the day at their house that the Princess was the prettiest, the smartest, the sweetest, the bestest everything or else she might feel slighted and have a tantrum???? Lastly, ole GA is a suck up and a ladies man...a girly man sort of...seems very natural and fake at the same time, must be an Anthony trait.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2164 on: June 02, 2011, 09:21:27 PM »

Mark NeJame
It is impossible to fathom the seemingly infinite number of lies Casey Anthony has told. She is getting no jury sympathy and must be looked at with total disdain by the jury, especially as these tapes and videos are presented. Usually the defense scores some points in creating reasonable doubt by this time. I see none.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1109656551  (corrected link)

This is a different Mark NeJame????
yes
Oh yeah.  Like this isn't already too confusing.  

Orlando Attorney Mark Nejame:

wreck...the post IS FROM MARK NEJAME...the same one....

The Facebook link is to an entirely different Mark Nejame. I am not sure which Mark NeJame is being quoted, but the link is not to the Orlando Nejame.

I understand that now.....I thought I posted the link correctly....obviously I didn't.....I'll see if I can track Klaas down and see if she can correct it for me...I took out my facebook info and evidently took out something of Mr. Nejame's that I shouldn't have....sorry for the confusion...however the quote is from the Mark Nejame we know and not the one the link goes to...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 09:31:02 PM by klaasend » Logged

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
DonFL
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2165 on: June 02, 2011, 09:21:34 PM »

This is definitely going to be a movie!

It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2166 on: June 02, 2011, 09:22:49 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1109656551

Mark NeJame

This should link to the correct Mark NeJame from Orlando.

There are family pics with him so Id say so, the main picture isnt of him so it threw me off LOL....long day for all of us

cheeky monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2167 on: June 02, 2011, 09:22:49 PM »

I looked up the case that the judge told the attorneys to review about the proposed expert grief lady.  I hope I copied down the correct cite:  Angrand v. Key, 657 So.2nd 1146 (Fla. 1995)

1) the trial judge has a lot of leadway "broad discretion" in determining the subject an expert may testify to at trial
3)they limited an earlier case application that held grief and bereavement are not common day things jurors would know (this case was a wrongful death case) to the specifics of that case alone and not all wrongful death cases.
4)the purpose of giving the trial court the discretion in determining the type of testimony (I'm guessing expert vs. non) would be to fufill the intent of section 90.702
5)the intent of 90.702 is "..to admit expert testimony when it will assist the trier of fact in understanding the evidence or in determining a fact in issue." Bold mine.
6) generally those physcologists, etc that have treated or reviewed the surivors medical records would assist in the above. again, bold mine.
7)There are limits to the discretion, mainly though, only "expert testimony that will assist the trier of fact is admitted"
8 )"An experts testimony should not be admitted merely to relay matters which are within the common experience of the jurors or to summarize what the expert has been told by lay witnesses"

Basically what this tells me is there is no way she is going to be allowed to testify as an expeert witness.

Wow, I apologize how messy that came out.  I wish I could edit it so it read easier.  My numbering is horrible and I ended up with a smiley face instead of a number.  GEEE  Just so you know, when you put the number 8 and then put a ) right behind it, you get a smiley face.  To avoid it, leave a space between the number & parenthesis or use a numeral and a period, perhaps. I put a space between the two, no more smiley... Muffy
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 10:38:49 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2168 on: June 02, 2011, 09:23:20 PM »

They'd better slip some monkeys in there to honor us! Wink
DonFL
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2169 on: June 02, 2011, 09:23:36 PM »

I understand that now.....I thought I posted the link correctly....obviously I didn't.....I'll see if I can track Klaas down and see if she can correct it for me...I took out my facebook info and evidently took out something of Mr. Nejame's that I shouldn't have....sorry for the confusion...however the quote is from the Mark Nejame we know and not the one the link goes to...

Actually, I wouldn't blame him if he did get plastic surgery and moved.  I almost want to move away.

stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2170 on: June 02, 2011, 09:24:09 PM »

8 )"An experts testimony should not be admitted merely to relay matters which are within the common experience of the jurors or to summarize what the expert has been told by lay witnesses" Fix numeral.  MB

Thank you Cheeky!!!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 10:40:00 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2171 on: June 02, 2011, 09:24:47 PM »

Dr. Drew is talking about this now..
he just showed the video of Caylee singing, you are my sunshine..please don't take my sunshine away...breaks my heart everytime I hear her sing that..her own mother took her sunshine away so that she could go party..Cindy would have taken that child in a heartbeat. so sad..

also, how does Judge Perry remember all of these court cases that he can recite and know? he is amazing!

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2172 on: June 02, 2011, 09:25:44 PM »

who do you think will play Casey Ho?

Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2173 on: June 02, 2011, 09:26:00 PM »

8 )"An experts testimony should not be admitted merely to relay matters which are within the common experience of the jurors or to summarize what the expert has been told by lay witnesses" Fix numeral. MB

Thank you Cheeky!!!

Couple that with what CJBP said today "bereavement usually occurs after a body has been found."   Very telling, IMHO
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 10:41:23 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #2174 on: June 02, 2011, 09:26:06 PM »

I wonder if there is any loop hole or something we don't know about where Casey could have made a request for George's medical records as a next of kin?

Is there a lawyer in the house?

we don't have any attorney's that I am aware of.....darn it....so I took this from WS..  thanks beachbumming

A subpoena overrides HIPPA. If a judge signs a subpoena for the defense (State Attorney's Office has separate subpoena powers), they can obtain the records. GA could object and his attorney could litigate that before the court. The court could also sign a protective order, keep and inspect the records and determine what parts of the medical records are relevant to the defense.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135704&page=28

I know that my atty was able to subpoena ALL 3 ft of my ex-hub's medical records when we were going thru a divorce and custody battle....I was shocked when I read all the records, they were so detailed I could tell you when he was in re-hab what he ate, meds and if he attended the group therapy....but that was relevant to the care of my son and other issues, I can't see how George's would even be relevant. If it is wrt suicide attempt I can imagine that could be explained away as a cry for help. Losing a child, or a grand is devastating add to that the fact that your child did it and the media is all over you and I could see someone losing it.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2175 on: June 02, 2011, 09:27:32 PM »

Like someone else mentioned, if she was underage, I am sure it would have had to be reported. If was an adult and "messing around when Caylee drowned" that would be incest and not necessarily molestation. Just saying. I do not adhere to any of these theories. However, I will say it bothered me that George said, "Hello Gorgeous" to Casey when he and Cindy went to see her in prison. However, that might be normal father/daughter interactions. I personally couldn't say.

Stayathome, my Dad called me "pretty girl" until the day he died.  I was well into my 50s.
Nite all you monkeys. . . this monkey is

I don't find "pretty girl" odd. Gorgeous seems odd to me. However, as I said, I don't know. And I still don't think he molested her. I was just saying that "gorgeous" kinda bothered me.

I do think it's a little weird because he say's it all the time BUT....they all talk strangely. Even kc uses a lot of flowery over the top stuff, like when she was talking to the girl on the tape "oh sweetheart, you know I love you"....uh that's kooky to me in the context of the situation. Maybe it's just my stoic German heritage?

it was also probably the order of the day at their house that the Princess was the prettiest, the smartest, the sweetest, the bestest everything or else she might feel slighted and have a tantrum???? Lastly, ole GA is a suck up and a ladies man...a girly man sort of...seems very natural and fake at the same time, must be an Anthony trait.
[/quote]

Mizjay, that does make sense. Thanks!
cheeky monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2176 on: June 02, 2011, 09:28:11 PM »

[/quote]

Thank you Cheeky!!!
[/quote]

i'm horrible at shortening these quotes and I probably will screw this up but if you have time or the interest look it up.  It is so interesting.  B/c she hasn't reviewed Casey personally and maybe not even her records (though I would at least hope they give her those) I don't think that she will offer anything more to the jury than would be common knowledge that the juror would have on their own. Didn't a monkey post earlier that every family has dealt with grief and bereavement of a loved one! So true!! Even if she does review Casey's medical records, I don't think the judge will qualify her as an expert.
DonFL
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2177 on: June 02, 2011, 09:28:48 PM »

who do you think will play Casey Ho?

Maybe they'll find some homeless skank.  If she was younger, Shannen Doherty would work.

Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2178 on: June 02, 2011, 09:29:32 PM »

Bozo's on FaceBook.

FTLOG..Didn't Jeff laughing at him in court today..and the judges admonishments through out the day make any impression on him?

Someone needs to take his toys away, put him on timeout and then tell him to work on this case instead os cruisin Facebook and his fanclub.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
cheeky monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2179 on: June 02, 2011, 09:30:34 PM »

Island monkey, do you know if your husband through his atty even objected to the release of them and if there was a hearing on it? In my experience when medical records were subpoenaed the atty's rarely asked for a hearing on it and they were released without much ado at all.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.