March 29, 2024, 12:57:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mother Burned 10YO Daughter Twice on Face with Iron  (Read 4481 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: June 02, 2011, 08:58:22 PM »

Oh my gosh!  I cannot imagine the pain and terror this little girl felt to be burned on her tender cheek not once, but twice!  And for not reading words right?!  I wonder what else she's had to endure?  When something like this is done to a child, I would strongly doubt it's the first time she's been abused.  I hope and pray the little girl heals both from her physical injuries and gets the help she needs to deal with what has happened to her.  She should never, ever have to endure her mother again.  She needs a new, loving home.

http://www.khou.com/news/crime/Deputies--123044813.html
Sheriff: Mother burned young daughter's face with iron
HOUSTON – A Houston mother was jailed this week for allegedly burning her young daughter’s face with a hot iron.

Hope Adele Askew, 42, is charged with injury to a child.

Askew burned her 10-year-old daughter because she wasn’t reading the words in a book correctly, according to a court document.

The victim told investigators her mother was listening to her read while she ironed clothes. She said Askew burned her twice with the hot iron on the left side of her face, leaving a large imprint of the iron.
 ::snipping2::

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 09:08:00 PM »

The first article I posted says the school nurse reported the child's burns to CPS.  This article says a family member that is a registered nurse reported the injury to CPS.  It's not clear to me whether the family member is also a school nurse or one of the articles may be incorrect.  Either way, it's good the abuse has been reported.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8166511
Mom accused of burning daughter's face with iron
June 2, 2011

Hope Adele Askew, 42, is charged with felony injury to a child

Hope Adele Askew, 42, is charged with injury to a child. According to a probable cause document, Askew was ironing clothes at her northeast Harris County residence on April 11 when she became angry with her 10-year-old daughter because she was not reading words correctly in a book. The girl claims Askew picked up the iron and burned her two times on the left side of her face. She says a large burn imprint of the iron was left on her face.

Court documents state the girl said her mom did not take her to the doctor immediately and that a family member who is a registered nurse reported the injury to Child Protective Services. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 06:30:22 AM »

How horrible -- there are times when I truly wish the same things these POS do to their children should be done to them -- this is one of those times.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 06:49:09 AM »

HOUSTON (June 3, 2011)—Hope Adele Askew, a suburban Houston mother, was free on bond Friday after she was charged with injury to a child in an incident in which her 10-year-old daughter was burned on the face with a hot iron.

Askew was released after posting a $10,000 bond following her arrest Tuesday.

According to a probable cause affidavit, Askew was at home ironing April 11 when she became angry at her daughter's incorrect reading of the words in a book.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Suburban_Texas_Woman_Accused_Of_Burning_Daughters_Face_With_Iron_123102188.html

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 06:49:48 AM »

HOUSTON (June 3, 2011)—Hope Adele Askew, a suburban Houston mother, was free on bond Friday after she was charged with injury to a child in an incident in which her 10-year-old daughter was burned on the face with a hot iron.

Askew was released after posting a $10,000 bond following her arrest Tuesday.

According to a probable cause affidavit, Askew was at home ironing April 11 when she became angry at her daughter's incorrect reading of the words in a book.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Suburban_Texas_Woman_Accused_Of_Burning_Daughters_Face_With_Iron_123102188.html
Meant to add I can find nothing more current.  Guess it hasn't gone to trial yet.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.