April 16, 2024, 05:03:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #596 4/4- 4/7/2007  (Read 155435 times)
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #240 on: April 05, 2007, 09:24:39 PM »

Kinda of on and off topic. Funny !
Go to Google Maps and find the directions from New York to London England.
Read # 23 on how to get there.
I will do the Aruba thing later that Klaasend was doing. Would be great if she did it.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #241 on: April 05, 2007, 09:31:33 PM »

Lets see if this works :

TEEN FILMS GANG RAPE ORDEAL

Kara Lawrence April 04, 2007 02:16pm
Article from: The Daily Telegraph

A 17-year-old girl was gang-raped by two teens while others watched and filmed the attack on a mobile phone, before forwarding the obscene footage to Sydney school students.
Liverpool police this morning arrested five 17-year-old boys over the horrific attack.

It occurred in January but it was not until nine days ago that the victim, from Sydney's southwest, took the brave step of coming forward to police - despite being threatened and told to stay silent.

Three of those arrested - including a high school student from southwest Sydney - will face Parramatta Childrens Court this afternoon. One of them is alleged to be one of the two principal attackers.

The other two face court tomorrow.

The attack occurred at a private home in southwest Sydney. Two teenage boys subjected the victim to forced, degrading sexual acts while three other teenage males watched.

One of those watching filmed the attack on a videophone. The footage was later forwarded to a number of others, including of students of at least one Sydney high school.

The school authorities were alerted to the images around the same time the victim came forward to police.

Liverpool detectives plan to investigate and charge anyone who has forwarded the images either via phone or internet. Jail terms of up to three years apply.

Police raided homes in Green Valley, Kemps Creek and Miller at 7am today and found one youth at his workplace.

One of the youths arrested this morning is accused of being among the two principal attackers. All five are being charged with aggravated sexual assault, a term that attracts a maximum 20-year jail term.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #242 on: April 05, 2007, 09:31:47 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Hey guys, I just happened to be in Lala's neighborhood today and snapped a photo of her.  Anyone want to see it?  Laughing  Caught her peeking out over her fence  Wink

Ooooooo....yes, please!  Laughing

I Stand With The Girl
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #243 on: April 05, 2007, 09:33:56 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"
Hey guys, I just happened to be in Lala's neighborhood today and snapped a photo of her.  Anyone want to see it?  Laughing  Caught her peeking out over her fence  Wink

Thanks to Tibro  Laughing
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #244 on: April 05, 2007, 09:34:19 PM »

Yippee - it worked!!

sb - they sent pictures to the girls own classmates at a Catholic Girls school.  The girl did not remember any of the proceedings after four drinks at the boys home with his mates.

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #245 on: April 05, 2007, 09:36:26 PM »

Quote from: "BTgirl"

Thanks to Tibro  Laughing

It's perfect! How cute!!!!  Very Happy  Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #246 on: April 05, 2007, 09:37:04 PM »

Thanks ot Klaas for the finishing touch.
Hope Lala's sees it - guess we will get written up in her book Klaas?

Do you think I should make a thread in the Lounge for that item above?  I do not plan to post any of the revolting details of the trial just the verdict.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #247 on: April 05, 2007, 09:38:57 PM »

Quote from: "Tibrogargan"
Thanks ot Klaas for the finishing touch.
Hope Lala's sees it - guess we will get written up in her book Klaas?

Do you think I should make a thread in the Lounge for that item above?  I do not plan to post any of the revolting details of the trial just the verdict.

Put that article in the Crimes Against Children forum I think.  I hate for it to get "lost" in the Monkey Lounge.

Yes, we will both be in Lala's book, lol  Laughing
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #248 on: April 05, 2007, 09:41:49 PM »

Klaas

They post the "public" maps on Google Earth.  Downloaded it and it is pretty nice...but...I have clicked on every dot and haven't found yours.  Does your marker have a name or is it filed under a specific subheading??
sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #249 on: April 05, 2007, 09:42:27 PM »

I found some more info through Google. Seems that this has made headlines all over Australia.

I find it disturbing that 2 of the creeps were working at a butcher shop. Could that fact mean that they were desensitized to the plight of the girl? I think she is VERY fortunate they did not do anything to her along those lines.

That also resonates with our case as well.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #250 on: April 05, 2007, 09:45:38 PM »

Quote from: "Buckeye"
Klaas

They post the "public" maps on Google Earth.  Downloaded it and it is pretty nice...but...I have clicked on every dot and haven't found yours.  Does your marker have a name or is it filed under a specific subheading??

I may have done something wrong.  My marker is called "Natalee Holloway - last seen here"
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #251 on: April 05, 2007, 09:49:39 PM »

Klaas

Maybe this only works for me but try this.  When you go to the public maps on Google for Aruba, zoom out until you see just one blue marker.  Click on that marker.
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #252 on: April 05, 2007, 09:51:03 PM »

Quote from: "sb"
I found some more info through Google. Seems that this has made headlines all over Australia.

I find it disturbing that 2 of the creeps were working at a butcher shop. Could that fact mean that they were desensitized to the plight of the girl? I think she is VERY fortunate they did not do anything to her along those lines.

That also resonates with our case as well.

If you have read some of the trial details you will know why I chose not to post any follow-up articles.  Very graphic especially for everyday newspapers.  The parents of one of the boys sound to be less than civilised also.

sb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #253 on: April 05, 2007, 09:51:37 PM »

Yeah, I think someone would have caught Klaasend's comment and edited it by now.

I understand that's a common problem with Wikipedia too, people hack the comments and put stuff in there that changes the context. They "creatively edit" people's comments and you get absurd and inaccurate stuff like, for example, a sports article that says "Ohio State beat Florida" and the like LOL. Or of course, much more serious things too.

Leaving the maps, comments, etc. open for anyone who wants to to edit them, is a recipe for disaster.

Natalee's family/friends still need our prayers.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #254 on: April 05, 2007, 09:52:17 PM »

Klaas

I may have done something wrong.  My marker is called "Natalee Holloway - last seen here"

Didn't find your map, but there are a lot.  Found this:

Aruba
Posted by: Mike_in_Florida
Click here for the post

Here's Aruba - can you find Natalee? There's a $1M reward for her safe return.

http://vincemustgo.com/skiparuba/

Directions: To here - From here

They're under google earth community with little i icons...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #255 on: April 05, 2007, 09:54:01 PM »

Klaas

Maybe this only works for me but try this.  When you go to the public maps on Google for Aruba, zoom out until you see just one blue marker.  Click on that marker.

Buckeye
- did you see my post above?  Try that.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #256 on: April 05, 2007, 09:54:56 PM »

Klaas

I think when you make it public (for others), it converts the save to a KLM file which is only saved the the google earth directory.  But I don't know.  There are a lot of personal posting icons on the map.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #257 on: April 05, 2007, 09:56:02 PM »

On regular google maps, there is no blue marker for me.
crazymom
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #258 on: April 05, 2007, 09:56:44 PM »

Hi Monkeys,

Been lurking and reading as much as possible.  Seems the less I work for money the busier I get!!!

I was wondering if one "The Boston 5" could email me.  I am trying to set up a vigil and wanted to get some advice and find out what they felt didn't work in Boston.

Klaas, I will send you an email so you can pass it along to one of the group.

TIA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #259 on: April 05, 2007, 09:57:58 PM »

On regular google maps, there is no blue marker for me.

I need to figure this out, LOL  Laughing
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.