April 30, 2024, 11:23:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-MURDER TRIAL - DAY 10 - 6/4/11  (Read 511426 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #940 on: June 04, 2011, 05:22:34 PM »

It was a good day for Jose Baez, defense lawyer in the Casey Anthony trial, who succeeded in casting doubt on the state's forensic evidence.

Everyone has an opinion about the Casey Anthony murder trial. So-called experts have weighed in on everything from the body language, the voice inflection, and the wardrobe choices of the young woman accused of murdering her daughter, two-year old Caylee Anthony in 2008. Today, the state took a different tacit, which was vigorously contested by the defense.
Forensic Experts and Evidence in the Casey Anthony Trial

http://www.suite101.com/content/the-casey-anthony-trial-day-10-a374334

Some people must be watching this trial with rose colored monitors.  What is even crazier is that even if Bozo did make a minor point or two he diminished it by his conduct.

This author (her facebook  http://www.facebook.com/elizrand ) doesn't know HALF of what we know about his case.  The Prosecution is building their case.  Defense has done nothing yet but look stupid, IMO.
NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #941 on: June 04, 2011, 05:23:50 PM »

This science is not over the Jury's head...   all they need to remember:-
A hair with a death band was found in her mother's trunk - a DEAD Caylee was in there.

Hair removed from the duct tape had NO death band- it came out of Caylee's head while she was alive.   That is all the evidence the State needs- duct tape was applied to a LIVING CHILD.
Agreed and it making me physically ill just to read it.

I agree kind of but the witness said it can take two days for the hair to start to show the postmortem banding.

But to show a death band the hair has to come out of a dead body.
Hair that comes from a live body will never develop a death band!
Hair that came from the duct tape had no band= came from a live Caylee..

Bringing forward again...
I still don't see it.  That duct tape was attached well after death, and up until the skull was found.  She was dead for several days (one would think) before the hair began detaching itself from the skull.  I would think there would be hair both with and without death bands attached to that duct tape.  But that's just me. 

I don't think it helps Byass's case that much ... Casey is still a murderer ... but that's some weird science if you ask me. 

... trying to chase down all the Anthony's lies ... this may take a while ...
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #942 on: June 04, 2011, 05:24:26 PM »

Could she have been dead, the tape applied but the hair NOT show death bands???????????????????????????

Yes. 
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #943 on: June 04, 2011, 05:25:05 PM »

Page 1 of the autopsy report

Page 2 of the autopsy report

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #944 on: June 04, 2011, 05:25:43 PM »

This science is not over the Jury's head...   all they need to remember:-
A hair with a death band was found in her mother's trunk - a DEAD Caylee was in there.

Hair removed from the duct tape had NO death band- it came out of Caylee's head while she was alive.   That is all the evidence the State needs- duct tape was applied to a LIVING CHILD.
Agreed and it making me physically ill just to read it.

I agree kind of but the witness said it can take two days for the hair to start to show the postmortem banding.

But to show a death band the hair has to come out of a dead body.
Hair that comes from a live body will never develop a death band!
Hair that came from the duct tape had no band= came from a live Caylee..

Bringing forward again...
I still don't see it.  That duct tape was still attached well after death, and up until the skull was found.  She was dead for several days (one would think) before the hair began detaching itself from the skull.  I would think there would be hair both with and without death bands attached to that duct tape.  But that's just me. 

I don't think it helps Byass's case that much ... Casey is still a murderer ... but that's some weird science if you ask me. 

Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #945 on: June 04, 2011, 05:26:11 PM »

I took a nap from 7 am so just got here, but did I see KC pointing to paper to tell Bozo what to aruge to the judge during that last objection?

You did indeed Zoo -- amazing.

I guess all that legal assistant training she has gotten over the past 3 years has really helped and she is now a pre-lawyer.   When she is found not-guilty, she will have a career.

That and detailing cars~

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #946 on: June 04, 2011, 05:26:54 PM »

Could she have been dead, the tape applied but the hair NOT show death bands???????????????????????????

Yes. 

Oh 8 hours after death it may begin to show.

NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #947 on: June 04, 2011, 05:27:46 PM »

Had to add the word "still" ...

How can she decompose with the duct tape around her skull ... and not have some of that hair still attached NOT show a death band ... is what I'm asking?

stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #948 on: June 04, 2011, 05:28:20 PM »

Okay, I don't get it.  Wouldn't that hair that was still attached to Caylee's skull ... and the duct tape ... when the skull was found ... have a death band?  Someone explain please?  I missed everything after 10 EST. 

Not every hair on a dead body gets a death band. The witness testified that they do not understand why some do and some don't, but that it could have something to do with what growth stage it's in.
cheeky monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #949 on: June 04, 2011, 05:28:59 PM »

All I am seeing is that the tape was still attached to head hair.  My guess is it would have both death band and hair with no death bands if some of the hair was caught and pulled off my the tape prior to her dying.

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #950 on: June 04, 2011, 05:29:33 PM »

Kermit asked this in the last thread:

"I'm curious as to why Baez didn't use insanity defence. If there are psych reports maybe she isn't insane and
if so, that is very telling."

Cos I ideal with with a lot of defense lawyers daily, I know a few of the secret rules. Rule #4 is " In order to use the insanity defense for your client, you yourself (the lawyer) must be sane enough to get thru a trial. You must be prepared, be polite, and above all, IF THE JUDGE TELLS YOU TO KEEP YOUR FILES IN A SPECIAL ROOM, THEN DO IT!" 

In other words, not only is Bozo not qualified to be an attorney, he's sure as heck not qualified to make mental health calls!

Ya he's not the sharpest tool in the shed that's for sure! 

Is he even in the shed?

I was thinking someone left him out in the yard.

No...KC had her boyfriend Tony break open the shed...Baez go out then!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #951 on: June 04, 2011, 05:30:33 PM »

Guys, I'm confused about the hair on the duct tape. The tape was found still wrapped across Caylee's skull & was attached to her hair...right? Well, I understand the concept of hair w/o banding shown would have meant it was applied to a "living" Caylee, however it was found still attached to part if her skull which kept her mandible in place. When Caylee's remains were found, obviously she was dead, so how could all of the hairs found attached to the duct tape have not shown a deatg band? It doesn't make sense that Casey would have duct taped Caylee's nose/mouth & then ripped it off so that hair came out while Caylee was still alive, then placed that tape back across her face which ensured her mandible stayed in place (hence her tooth impression in the tape), yet not a single hair attached to the tape had a death band even though it was found on her deceased skull? This is what Baez is arguing. This is why Linda Kenney Baden stayed on as a consultant...she is married to Michael Baden. They are anti dp and trying to save Casey's life.

I believe Casey is responsible for Caylee's death. I think she'll be found guilty. I just don't think she'll get the dp. 

Titch

Could it be that only one hair with the death band was found in the trunk of Casey's vehicle by investigators following Cindy's cleaning spree and ... that one hair was proof that Caylee had been in the trunk.

The hairs stuck to the duct tape ... the duct tape which was found among other items when Caylee remains were located ... most likely had the death band but does not prove the State's case that Caylee was in the trunk.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #952 on: June 04, 2011, 05:30:53 PM »

Hair in Casey Anthony's trunk may be Caylee's: expert

Email
Print

By Barbara Liston  – 2 hrs 23 mins ago

ORLANDO, Fla (Reuters) – A single 9-inch-long brown hair found in the car trunk of accused child killer Casey Anthony could have been ripped from the dead body of her 2-year old daughter, an FBI expert testified on Saturday.

The hair evidence is among the most contentious in Casey's first-degree murder trial on charges that she killed Caylee Anthony on June 16, 2008, and dumped her body in woods near the Anthony home. Defense lawyer Jose Baez contends the science behind some of the hair analysis is new and unreliable.

Caylee was first reported missing July 15, 2008, by her grandmother Cindy Anthony after finding Casey's car at an impound lot. Cindy and a series of witnesses have testified that the car was permeated by a strong stench that they likened to the odor of a body.

Casey told detectives Caylee was kidnapped by a nanny. But after a nationwide search, Caylee's skeletal remains were found in December 2008 in woods a 10-minute walk from the Anthony family home.

Baez has told jurors Caylee drowned accidentally in the backyard pool but that her death went unreported.

Karen Korsberg Lowe, who specializes in microscopic examination of hair samples at the FBI Laboratory in Quantico, Virginia, testified she found "root-banding" on the hair, something she said scientists have never seen other than on hairs from decomposing bodies.

"It has darkened bands at the root portion ... . This is consistent with apparent decomposition," Lowe testified.

Lowe also testified the hair appeared under a microscope to be similar to one recovered from Caylee's hairbrush. ::snipping2::

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110604/ts_nm/us_crime_anthony

cheeky monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #953 on: June 04, 2011, 05:30:53 PM »

Okay, I don't get it.  Wouldn't that hair that was still attached to Caylee's skull ... and the duct tape ... when the skull was found ... have a death band?  Someone explain please?  I missed everything after 10 EST. 

Not every hair on a dead body gets a death band. The witness testified that they do not understand why some do and some don't, but that it could have something to do with what growth stage it's in.

I didn't hear her testify but if that is true then hair attached to the duct tape with no banding would not in and of itself prove that the tape was placed prior to death.
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #954 on: June 04, 2011, 05:31:39 PM »

Had to add the word "still" ...

How can she decompose with the duct tape around her skull ... and not have some of that hair still attached NOT show a death band ... is what I'm asking?

Not every hair shows a death band. And it can show as early as 8 hours, but I think she also said up to 2, even 4 days. I need to double-check that part, but the part about not every hair showing the band is accurate. So, just because the hairs don't show a death band doesn't mean it didn't come from a deceased person.
NewfieMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #955 on: June 04, 2011, 05:32:29 PM »

Ah ha!  Thanks stayhomemommy!   an angelic monkey   That makes me feel better about that testimony! 

Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #956 on: June 04, 2011, 05:32:49 PM »

As for hair being pulled out, did they ask for any clarification as to how little weight it would take to cause a hair to be pulled out.   pulling on hair out takes VERY little effort and isn't hard.  I would think if her body was pulled or a hair caught on something it would be pretty easy to pull out a hair.

Maybe it wasn't even pulled out by hand...maybe Caylee was moved (pulled/slid down on the bed or in the trunk) and that caused the hair to pull out.  It's easy for hair to pull out.

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #957 on: June 04, 2011, 05:33:59 PM »

Ah ha!  Thanks stayhomemommy!   an angelic monkey   That makes me feel better about that testimony! 

You're most welcome. Which also means, though, the other hairs found without the band doesn't mean they were all transfer hair, eithers. Means they could have also been from Caylee in the truck...alive or dead. So, I hope the jury thinks about that, too.
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #958 on: June 04, 2011, 05:35:22 PM »

Lippman will be featured tonight on Jeanine Pirro--FOX cable @ 8:00 CST.  "Judge Jeanine"

Does anyone know what channel that is on Direct TV?  Is it on Direct TV if it is Fox cable.

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #959 on: June 04, 2011, 05:35:29 PM »

I will have to listen again.  Was it stated by the witnesses that there was NO death bands around the hairs stuck to the duct tape.

That would not make sense.

IMO

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.