April 30, 2024, 01:35:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-MURDER TRIAL - DAY 11 - 6/6/11  (Read 367350 times)
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #220 on: June 06, 2011, 10:15:30 AM »

If they open the can there will be dry toast or saltines and ginger ale for lunch menu 4 the jury today 

Before the morning recess would be perfect timing to air out the court room

sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #221 on: June 06, 2011, 10:15:39 AM »

Good morning monkeys! I'm so late. My fiance and I are fighting really bad and are probably going to end our relationship. Tough times. So I need some good news today in the trial! Justice for Caylee!!!

Thank goodness for Magic Eyes recaps and Cappuccino's sense of humor to get me through today

Thinking of you today CJLove23. You will get through this! I am giving you a virtual hug!

I definitely think there will be good news today with this trial.  Dr. Vass is a wonderful witness and another one who will make sure Caylee gets the justice she deserves Smile
Jesse
Monkey Junky

« Reply #222 on: June 06, 2011, 10:16:20 AM »

i hope the jurors see how fidgety bozo is and the head twitch he has going on
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #223 on: June 06, 2011, 10:16:35 AM »

Fascinated by Vass and googled him a twillion diffwent ways and can't find where he was born.  All I can find out is he is probably/maybe Slovenian or Hungarian.  Tried Germany but it won't show if he is.  Wait, I'll Bing him.  I guess I'm asking one of the bwilliant Monkeys to find out for me.  Just wanna know where the accent is coming from.  I had a patient once who was married to a lovely Hungarian lady and she talked that way.

He is Jewish. I don't have a website to back it up, but the name and the lisp-type accent are what seal it for me.
Somewhere a while back, don't have a link, I think he is Hungarian. Like I said it was a while back, will try to find link

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #224 on: June 06, 2011, 10:16:50 AM »

@JimLichtenstein Jim Lichtenstein
You know how some people are really grumpy on Monday mornings? That might happen with judges too. Not namin' names, tho. #caseyanthony

http://twitter.com/#!/JimLichtenstein

If I had to deal with Bozo's ineptitude, I would be grumpy, too.

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #225 on: June 06, 2011, 10:17:23 AM »

Sims is texting Rolling Eyes

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #226 on: June 06, 2011, 10:17:46 AM »

@JimLichtenstein Jim Lichtenstein
You know how some people are really grumpy on Monday mornings? That might happen with judges too. Not namin' names, tho. #caseyanthony

http://twitter.com/#!/JimLichtenstein

If I had to deal with Bozo's ineptitude, I would be grumpy, too.

me too! he is so ridiculous and literally flying by the seat of his pants through this trial
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #227 on: June 06, 2011, 10:19:39 AM »

These were entered into evidence.

Recess until 10:40

carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #228 on: June 06, 2011, 10:20:09 AM »

I sure hope no juror tosses and eggie load.

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #229 on: June 06, 2011, 10:20:30 AM »

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2008/dec/14/death-detector/

<snipped>

His parents were post-war immigrants to the United States. His father was from Hungary, his mother from Austria.

Vass attended Arlington's Yorktown High School, where he was a good student and took every science class offered. His hero was explorer and researcher Jacques Cousteau, and he learned to dive as a teenager.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #230 on: June 06, 2011, 10:20:43 AM »

twitter

JimLichtenstein Jim Lichtenstein
“@WubsNet: @JimLichtenstein WILL they have to SMELL IT?!! #caseyanthony” // Judge hasn't ruled on jurors smelling it yet...
1 minute ago

Tweets need links please.  MB
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 10:33:22 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #231 on: June 06, 2011, 10:22:20 AM »

I'm a bit of a gagger myself... i don't know if I could do that.

...but I would do it anyway, for Caylee's sake. an angelic monkey

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
pharlap
Monkey Junky

« Reply #232 on: June 06, 2011, 10:22:44 AM »

<snipped>

His parents were post-war immigrants to the United States. His father was from Hungary, his mother from Austria.

Vass attended Arlington's Yorktown High School, where he was a good student and took every science class offered. His hero was explorer and researcher Jacques Cousteau, and he learned to dive as a teenager.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arpad_Vass

CA = Albatross     Oh no "the fog"           
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #233 on: June 06, 2011, 10:23:52 AM »

cool vass is in and baez is one pissed jerk'
12 objections so far!

Loca
dani
Scared Monkey

dum spiro spero.

« Reply #234 on: June 06, 2011, 10:24:35 AM »

My husband and I got into quite the argument about this case on Saturday, since he was watching with me... he's a literal Constitutionalist. He thinks the state doesn't have a case because there is no cause of death and everything is circumstantial. We got into words.

Anyway something that came up was the lifecycle of flies/maggots etc... I recall reading something on here about that. Why couldn't the maggots etc have been from the garbage? This might be a dumb question but I'd like to be able to explain to my husband why the life cycle might come into play as some kind of evidence. Thanks.

-- my sailor is home, i am complete! --
crazybabyborg
« Reply #235 on: June 06, 2011, 10:24:58 AM »

I don't think they should open those cans in open court.  Not in the courtroom at least.  It is a horrible smell.  I've had to deal with this many times in doing clean-up after crimes. 

Now if the jury request that the cans be open then they should be taken to a private area for this.

JMHO

Now I gotta go.  BBL

I think the jury needs a field trip to the car....... kinda like OJ's jury went to the Bundy residence. The can should be opened there, IMO.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #236 on: June 06, 2011, 10:25:02 AM »

Just some of the evidence on the table that the camera panned in on

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #237 on: June 06, 2011, 10:25:21 AM »

<snipped>

I thought I could hear a little of the Governator in his accent.   Tks

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

Casper misses Brandi :)

« Reply #238 on: June 06, 2011, 10:26:36 AM »

Monday June, June 6, 2011, 9am Court is in session:

Dr Arpad Vass is the first witness up.

Jeff Ashton is up...........

Worked for Oakridge Natl Lab. BA In Science, Ph.D In Forensic Science, Master's In Forensic Science.  Met with Dr. Bass, developed a PH. Dissertation with Dr. Bass. In Forensic Science, he started working with Dr Bass at the Body Farm in Tennessee, with the post mortem interval.  Oakridge Natl, Lab, The Body Farm is a unique.  It studies all different types of corpses, donated to science.  They are actual Human Bodies.  Varied surroundings, some buried, some surface.  Dr. Vass was looking at post mortem interval.  Looking at the breakdown of human soft body tissue.  They analyze the fluid to determine how long a body has been dead.  There are 4 stages of decomposition of a human body. Fresh stage, bloat stage, active decay and the mummification or skeltonzation of the human body.

The cells are liquefying from the inside out.  Blisters, skin slippage is the first signs of decomp.  Then putrefaction, micro-organisms start breaking down the body causing liquefaction.  This is the fresh stage.  Next stage is the bloat stage, the generation of gas. Make chemicals that cause gas.  The orifices can be can become blocked so they gases build up in the body causing bloat.  Active decay is when the major decomp occur.  The last stage is mummification or skeleton stage.

He was looking at post mortem interval at the liquefaction phase, to screen for a variety of compounds.  There are only a few that could be useful to determine how long a body had been dead.  He published his findings.  He published a paper on 40 violative fatty acids.  In his 20 years working at the decay facility he published more papers did many tests.  During violative fatty acid tests, he worked at the body farm.  He went to Oakridge after his PH.d, in 1992.  The Dpt of Energy runs OakRidge Natl Lab. 4500 employees, national guests and many projects with many teams.  The Oak Ridge Natl Lab has a broad range of projects.  Dr Vass's work at the Oak Ridge Lab is in different fields.  After the third model he used of decomp, it was used as the international mark of time of death.  In early 2001 another project became his focus.  He had thought time of death was the most important thing to know, he then thought he was wrong and moved into the detection of clandestine graves.  It is always hard to find a clandestine grave.  Then the use of cavadar dogs or geo physic metal rods to discover bodies.  He was looking for a more universal way to find clandestine graves.  They looked at odor evolution at demop events.  They utilized the body farm, to study bodies buried at different depths and which chemicals were being produced during decomp.  There was an underground piping system to study these bodies.  They were trying to develop an instrument of odor detection.  He has experience the odor of decomp, over the years, 20 years at the facility, 50 bodies start to finish.  He looked at 100's of decomp bodies over his years.  The odor of human decomp is unique.  He has worked with animal decomp and the odor of that also, mostly pigs.  The odor of human decom is different than animal decomp, in his opinion.  Animals have a muskier scent, pigs have a sweeter scent, Human bodies have a totally different scent.  He published a paper in Journal of Forensic Science in 2004.

Side Bar............

Side bar over...............

Jeff Ashton up....Dr Vass's research continued after his paper he published in 2004.
They started to look at human bodies on the surface.  They were using different techniques to study these bodies. The were using a triple sorbent trap or TST trap.  They used an air pump though the trap do analyzes the odor compounds taken from the decomposing bodies.  He is explaining the process used to obtain the samples.  Too far over my head for me to type it all.  It permits him to detect even minute amounts of decomp odors.  He studied the above ground remains for 2 to 3 years.  He updated his findings of surface decomp bodies in 2008.  Judge Perry finds him an expert in this field over Baez objections.

Dr Vass was contacted by Yuri Melich in this case.  They began to send Dr Vass items in this case.  He was sent first a metal evidence can.  Being shown the can.  Dr Vass recognizes the box.  Jeff opens the box.  Dr Vass recognizes the can sent to him.  It is put into evidence over Baez's objections.  Side bar over metal can........Side bar over......

Metal can in evidence.  Dr Vass is talking about sending air pumps and triple sorbent traps to OC Forensic Unit.  He recieved the triple sorbent traps back.  He recognizes the packages of triple sorbent traps sent back to him.  They are received into evidence.

Morning recess until 10:40 am........

« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 10:30:04 AM by klaasend » Logged

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
Monkeys will never give up on justice. an angelic monkey
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #239 on: June 06, 2011, 10:26:37 AM »

Are we at sidebar or a 15 min break, my "Go To Guys" arrived to work on the pool & some yard maintenance work.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.