April 30, 2024, 01:18:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-MURDER TRIAL - DAY 11 - 6/6/11  (Read 367348 times)
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1200 on: June 06, 2011, 04:45:10 PM »

How the hell can the Defense get away with a subpoena for Vass' frickin database? Omg I'm livid.
doselady51
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1201 on: June 06, 2011, 04:45:13 PM »

Baez needs to stfu! Yeah, human decomp is SIMILAR to a rotten potato but key word is SIMILAR! Once you smell a decomposing human, you will NEVER forget that smell and ALWAYS be able to differentiate it from ANYTHING else...no matter what it's compared to. Baez is an azz & I'm moi upset he's allowed to treat Dr. Vass in the manner he is!
Dr. Baden was on Fox news this morning stating that human decomposition smells like raw meat decomposition.  He seems to be leaning into the defense very heavily.  Not sure why he is doing this.   I know the human decomp that I have smelled is very unique to anything else I have ever smelled. Just saying....some seem to be in the tank for Baez for some reason.....
BBM above.  He wants to get boinked after spending all that money on her plastic surgeries since she is still yapping for the dufense on any talk show she can get her face on.
Oh, yeah.  Its all about his wife being in bed with the defense and Dr. B wanting to be in bed with his wife.
It is always very sad to me when a professional sells out his knowledge to the media.  It makes everything they say from that point forward seem iffy. It's too bad since I always thought of him as a moral and professionally ethical person. 
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1202 on: June 06, 2011, 04:46:01 PM »

Court is over and apparently Casey thinks things are going well for her.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1203 on: June 06, 2011, 04:46:18 PM »

Subpoena voluntarily withdrawn by the Defense.

If Mumbles the Senior Citizen is all that and a bag of chips with extra seasoning, why did he not know that serving Dr.  Vass with the Subpoena at lunch break was against the law?
Monkey King
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1204 on: June 06, 2011, 04:46:25 PM »

Dufense withdraws the subpoena.  Amazing what you find out when you actually read the law Bobo

How come Mason didn't know this?

~Things aren't always what they appear to be~
carpe noctem
Monkey All Star Jr.

History repeats itself. It's a cyclical beast.

« Reply #1205 on: June 06, 2011, 04:47:07 PM »

Yep! I've made up my mind. Casey is a dead woman... if Baez continues.

Jose just does not have > THE STUFF.

As Baez would spell it -

D E D

For Natalee and Stephany, whatever it takes.

-JUSTICE FOR NATALEE ANN - BOYCOTT ARUBA
------------------
"Don't talk about what you have done or what you are going to do." Thomas Jefferson
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."Thomas Jeff
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1206 on: June 06, 2011, 04:48:59 PM »

We know the defense has no money to bring Dr. Vass back.  Too bad, so sad!!!

Mason knew that subpoena was not gonna fly......is Mason now working for the State??? He doesn't go up to sidebars, he naps during the trial, he lets JB made huge errors!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1207 on: June 06, 2011, 04:49:10 PM »

Dufense withdraws the subpoena.  Amazing what you find out when you actually read the law Bobo

My guess, he did know, he was hoping the State didn't.  I think a lot of the BS is in hopes the State doesn't know all the ends and outs -- wrong again bozo

Samarie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1208 on: June 06, 2011, 04:49:25 PM »

VIOLATION.....moving to quash the subpoena upon Dr Vass

O boy!

I knew it! Wonder if "violation" is the same thing as "illegal?"
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #1209 on: June 06, 2011, 04:50:46 PM »

VIOLATION.....moving to quash the subpoena upon Dr Vass

O boy!

I knew it! Wonder if "violation" is the same thing as "illegal?"
or disbarrable?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1210 on: June 06, 2011, 04:50:58 PM »

My guess, he did know, he was hoping the State didn't.  I think a lot of the BS is in hopes the State doesn't know all the ends and outs -- wrong again bozo

I thought a lawyer can not knowingly break the law?
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1211 on: June 06, 2011, 04:52:28 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/28140590/detail.html
Chloroform Levels In Casey's Car Leave Experts "Shocked"
Posted: 5:35 am EDT June 6, 2011Updated: 4:42 pm EDT June 6, 2011

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- A researcher at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory was the first witness called on day 22 of Casey Anthony's murder trial on Monday.

Arpad Vass testified that he can detect human decomposition in the air from Casey's trunk. It's the first time a jury has heard testimony about controversial air tests. The evidence has never been used in a criminal case before.
 ::snipping2::

Prosecutors say the tests prove Caylee's body was in the trunk of Casey's car. Vass analyzed containers of air that came from portions of the trunk material and compared it to similar samples from another car.

"I jumped back a foot or two," Vass said of the odor he observed when opening a can containing an air sample from Casey's Pontiac. "It was shocking that strong of an odor could be in that little can."

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #1212 on: June 06, 2011, 04:53:35 PM »

I missed the morning because I just had to sleep, spent all day yesterday cleaning kids rooms, ugh, and I feel like I have been in a war. 

But, seems I just missed more of the same, Bozo being pwn'd/owned. 

I cannot take too much more of this.  All to save his little princess who murdered her baby.  What a putz.

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
Titch
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1213 on: June 06, 2011, 04:54:58 PM »

Lol! All this time I never paid attention bc personally I don't like listening to her...but I just realized Jinkasaurus isn't her real name. It's Jean Casarez! Lmao!
Magic Eyes
Monkey Junky

Casper misses Brandi :)

« Reply #1214 on: June 06, 2011, 04:56:27 PM »

Monday, June 6, 2011 Court is in Session.

Back from afternoon recess, 3:15pm

Dr Vass on the witness stand..............

Baez questioning.  Before I go further, while we are talking about the carpet liner samples.  You know they used a chemical called Blue Star?  Yes.  It is used to find blood with an alternating light source?  Yes.  Did you tell them to use Blue Star?  I don't recall that no.  Baez is looking through a report.  The spraying of a carpet sample with Blue Star was never done?  I didn't do that, no.  Someone just went and got the ingredients?  No, a chemist looked at that MSDS sheet of Blue Star and Fe Breeze and they would not have any effect on the chemicals in the trunk.  You are not a chemist, so you don't know that do you?  What did you find? Baez is writing them down on his big pad.  Calcium, Sodium, Magnesium, Iron and Carbon.  Dr Vass how many of these items would be found on a piece of soil you picked up from the ground.  Probably small amounts of each of them, I don't know.  And what you did was a qualitative analysis not a quantitative analysis?  Yes.  The paper towels, what you found was a fatty acid?  Yes.  The included Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Oleic and Myrsistic?  Dr Vass says yes and also I think..........Palmitolaic.  Baez adds this to his pad.  You mentioned in your report these are like adipocere?  Same thing.  What is interesting about adipocere is it is made up of triglycerides, these all have carbons in them........he is talking to the jury about how fatty acid is made up in fatty tissue.  These paper towels were found in the trash in the trunk.  Adipocere could be from a hamburger?  No, well maybe but it would have be be raw and almost all fat.  You could find this same thing in chicken? No.  Dr Vass then tells Baez what adipocere is made of.  Lots of things need to happen to make up adipocere.  Can this fatty acid you found on these paper towels can be found in meat?  I don't know, maybe in mammals.  Did you also find THC?  Yes, the products of marijuana.  So these towels could of been touched by meat and someone with the munchies?  Dr Vass said the meat would have to be raw and you would have to have a bag over your head. It would have to be pounds of raw meat.  How did the marijuana get there?  I don't know, it just was, we were being thorough and it was there.  You have protocols when using this data base?  You have only used these protocols 2 times so far?  The first time at Barker Ranch in CA?  Objection...........side bar..........

Side Bar over.............

JBP is excusing the jurors for a brief matter that needs to be taken up outside of their presence.

Baez is questioning Dr Vass.......

You were sent soil samples from a ranch?  Yes.  You said they were signs of a decomp event?  Yes.  You then went to the location?  Yes.  You used devices to determine if there were bodies?  Yes.  And you did not find anything?  Yes but with a caveat at the depth we dug, we had just gotten to the depth of 40 years ago.  You stated then that the science was at it's infancy stage?  Objection.  Sustained.  Same question.  Sustained.  The only time you have used this specific data base to find a body was at the Barker Ranch?  No.  What is your way of coming up with bodies?  There is no error rate for this.  You can't compare this like a ruler.  In the previous time line, we did not understand geographic properties that would effect our search then.  Baez says no further questions on that.  Did you say Sir, this is at the infancy of this science and that you were frustrated?  Sounds like something I might say, I was frustrated.  Digging holes was very frustrating. 

Mr. Ashton is up................

You don't know till this day that there are bodies there are not? No sir.  JBP says the Barker Ranch has to do with the Charles Manson case?  Dr Vass, says it was 40 to 50 years ago but has nothing to do with this case.  JBP is schooling Baez that the Barker Ranch and what was done there has no bearing on this case, is irrelevant and totally different.  JBP says anything else before I return this jury?  No.

Returning the Jury 3:50pm...............

Dr Vass is on the witness stand, Baez is questioning..........

Dr Vass, protocols would also include proper selection of these samples?  Could have, yes.  You have protocols that would prevent having these not to contaminate these samples with areas with gasoline? Yes.  That is common sense.  You are aware that these samples were taken around gasoline?  Yes, it was a garage.  You were aware that spray cans, soft drinks etc etc... could cause false readings?  Yes but you can't take that out of context.  Those were written for environmental tests.  You don't want samples taken near trash or garbage?  Unless that is part of a crime scene.  You said in your protocol you don't want samples taken around trash or gas because of false readings?  Yes but that doesn't make sense here.  Can you tell the jury what divining rods are?  Objection..........yep you guessed it....side bar............side bar over..........

Dr Vass on the witness stand, Baez questioning...

Dr Vass you have testified about finding clandestine graves?  Objection.  Sustained.  Do you know what diving rods are?  Yes.  Can you make coat hangers into diving rods?  Yes.  Have you taught people how to do that?  Yes, it is a hobby of mine.  You have attempted to put electronic leashes on flies, have you not?  SUSTAINED.  This is the first time you have ever testified about your data base in a court of law?  Yes.  Is it the........sustained.  Are there any other papers that have the same findings that your data base has?  Yes, Dr. Staphalopouls.  He is located in Greece?  Yes.  The only person that agrees with you in the world......sustained.  The only other person in the world that does your type of study is in Greece?  Yes, that I know of.  And he uses a different data base?  Yes, he had a different study.  Sir, you testified under direct examination that the smell of human decomp is unique?  Yes, to me it is.  He asked you what your opinion was and you said that the smell of human decomp is unique.  Did you ever tell a newspaper that a rotten potato can smell like human decomp?  I may have said that but we looked at a rotting potato and the decomp composition is completely different.  One of the key markers that you have found is fluoride?  Yes some type of fluoride?  And in this case.....objection...sustained.  The positive control you used is the blanket of a child that was dead in a trunk for 3 months but you don't know any of the other circumstances that were the same as in this case?  Again you are twisting things around, if you eliminate the fluoride and the gasoline.  You still have 10 out of 30 and 8 were found in the trunk of the car.  That is 80 percent.  You did not collect any of the samples? Yes.  Not only did you not collect these items you do not know the history of these items?  Objection..sustained.  You have no idea of what was in this car in the Florida Pontiac Sun fire for the 10 years it was there?  No.  You have no idea of the history of the junkyard cars?  No.  And you have no idea of the history of the  car the blanket was found in?  No and I don't know the history of of a lot of trunks of dead babies.  Baez wants to strike that and JBP over rules him.  You do not know the history of any of these things?  Dr Vass says that is what is so cool about forensics, every case is different.  Sir, you are not a member of the Academy of Forensic Science? No.  You are not a member of any science group?  No and my background is so diverse that I wouldn't know which one to join.  Baez gets smart with Dr Vass and it is sustained.  Baez is done.

Jeff Ashton is up..........

Your career has centered around decomposition?  Yes.  Do you think you are going to have a financial gain from this case?  No.  Were you asked about this by Mr Baez in a deposition?  You mean the Inquisition? laughs.  Did you have to ask someone else about this because you had no idea about that?  Yes, I did.  In seeking out a control sample, was getting a contaminated sample going to a junk yard?  Absolutely.  You talked about compound diffusion,what did you mean?  Some samples cannot contaminate others.  What was the item that had the highest source of odor?  The spare tire cover.  Did you look up the composition of Blue Star?  No, someone sent me that,  I did look up Fe Breeze.  Did either of those contain chloroform? No.  The paper towels that contained fatty acid, you said it could of came from meat? explain how?  It would have to be a mammal, raw, sufficient size, decomposing, anaerobic environment, usually found within the human body.  So you would have to have pounds of rotting meat wrapped up in plastic and it had a very, high fat content?  Could it be caused by someone eating a hamburger and wiping their face?  No.  You were asked about the Stathopopuls study?  Was it one or two bodies?  Yes, two bodies that were found floating in the Med. Sea.  Did they have an overlap with the compounds you have?  Yes.  How did you come up with your positive control?  We had to find a child in a trunk who died, unfortunately we found a child that was wrapped in a blanket and left in a trunk in Montana for 3 months.  How did the test on this case compare to the one in Montana?  Four compounds were the same, the only one that wasn't there was the chloroform.  Did you test the Montana ones for fluoride?  No.  Do you know why the case here did not have fluoride?  Adults usually have Florine in their decomp because they have been drinking fluorinated water.  You will bio-cumulate Florine water in your bone and tissue.  In countries that do not have fluorinated water they will not have Florine in their bodies.  A small child like the one in Montana and Florida will not have ingested enough Florine in their lives for it to show up in there bodies.

Jeff is done......Baez is up........

Studies have not been done on this fluoride?  No.  You are telling this jury and give them info as an expert witness that has never been studied?  Fortunately, we have not had a lot of children to study.  These paper towels were found in the trash bag?  Yes.  Sir, you have no information that those paper towels and that stain have anything in common?  Yes, Dr Haskell, sent me those paper towels, on those paper towels he identified fly pupae.  Baez strikes question.  You have no first hand knowledge that those paper towels have anything to do with that stain in that trunk?  No but they were both there.   You have no idea how these fatty meat acids got on these paper towels.  Well they were attracting flies..........You found meat on those towels?  No, we found fatty acids.  Next question sustained...no further questions.

Dr Vass may stand down but he is not excused.  Jury can stand and stretch......sidebar....sidebar over......

Next witness will take too long so he is excusing the jury.  Movies have been approved.

Jury is excused at 4:40pm.

Jeff Ashton is telling JBP that the defense has served Dr Vass with a subpoena and they want it quashed according to Florida laws.  They want him to give his data base and testify about it.  The judge is looking up law.

Baez said the defense will withdraw the subpoena.  The defense wants to call Dr Vass in their state in chief and Jeff Ashton says they will let Dr Vass know he can go home until then.

Court is in recess till 9am, Tuesday, June 7, 2011.

Hugs, Magic 

"Dear God." she cried out, "look at all the suffering and injustice in the world. Why don't you send help?" God responded,"I did send help, I sent you."
Monkeys will never give up on justice. an angelic monkey
DonFL
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1215 on: June 06, 2011, 04:56:55 PM »

As Baez would spell it -

D E D

It's easier to get forgiveness than permission.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1216 on: June 06, 2011, 04:57:42 PM »

It appeared the Arm and Hammer Liquid laundry detergent bottle found in the car was used by TL to do laundry  ( didnt want to make a huge quotestack )

flamom

Was the origin of the Arm and Hammer container gleaned from the released documents or ... was it clarified through Tony's recent court testimony?

Thanks

Janet

Bumped

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #1217 on: June 06, 2011, 04:57:42 PM »

i think its wonderful that there are nurses on the jury.  they will be able to prob help any of the jurors who might not understand the significance of dr. vass's findings

You are so right. For patient and family education, nurses are taught to break down the complex to make it easily understood. A rule of thumb at the hospital where I work is to make the education so that it is easily grasped by an 8th grader. Thank goodness they will be helping their fellow jurors and not Baez! Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
Angiex911dsptchr
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1218 on: June 06, 2011, 04:58:53 PM »

As Baez would spell it -

D E D

ZooMomology
Monkey Junky

Sorry Caylee, the jury took your day away.

« Reply #1219 on: June 06, 2011, 05:00:24 PM »

Since Dr Vass is done for now, I guess the jury will not be smelling the cans?

Thank you for my avi Brandi!

The jury wanted to go home, so a killer goes free.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.