April 19, 2024, 11:13:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Globalisation: Spinning into reverse"  (Read 1582 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: June 05, 2011, 12:14:30 AM »

Globalisation: Spinning into reverse

Putting the brakes on international integration is no longer as far-fetched as propelling away from the planet

...While the French and the Italians have bickered over the free flow of Libyan refugees between them, the Danes have moved to reinstall controls and met only minimal resistance from their partners. Perhaps others are planning to go the same way. A continental comeback for passports, the defining documentary expression of national separateness, could reduce Jean Monnet's vision – of a Europe that would not merely "coalesce states" but also "unite men" – into a passing dream.

Like federalism in general, that suggestion is unfashionable. But officials and capitalists who had hoped to create a new international order by stealth are discovering that they can't. The only way to continue the mission is to secure legitimacy from the people, messy as that may be. Otherwise, the present age of globalisation could go the way of the previous one, which ended in 1914. Pro-trade technocrats would then find themselves pleading: "Stop the world, I want to get back on."

read more here - http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/jun/04/globalisation-spinning-into-reverse

Globalization only seems to benefit big global banks, big central bankers, global crony capitalists, and illegal aliens.  Globalization doesn't seem to offer anything for families on Main Street - in any country.

from the comments -

Globalisation is the worst thing to happen since WW2. I only hope to hell you are right. Vive la difference!

Why shouldn't we celebrate our difference?  Enjoy diversity?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.