April 28, 2024, 04:25:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heather Mallory Cole, 32 msg 3/8/08 Portland OR (remains found)  (Read 19941 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2010, 06:12:53 PM »

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Husband-arrested-for-Heather-Mallorys-murder-97686674.html
Husband arrested for Heather Mallory's murder
July 2, 2010

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2010, 06:41:30 PM »

hang the POS (insert hanging monkey here)

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2010, 06:47:52 PM »

Husband arrested for Heather Mallory's murderAdvertisement
updated 19 minutes ago

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The husband of a Portland woman who disappeared in 2008 was arrested in Idaho after her body was found in the woods near Estacada Wednesday.

Portland Police detectives have been investigating the case of Heather Mallory, since March 8, 2008 when she was last seen alive.

Investigators said her remains were found on Bureau of Land Management property off Highway 224 after a tip from Clackamas County Sheriffs.

After a night out with friends, Mallory returned to her Southeast Portland apartment to an argument with her husband, 37-year-old Brian Cole, according to police. Cole said at the time Mallory drove off angry and left him and their three-year-old son, River, behind. Days later, Cole begged for the public's help.

Detectives later served a search warrant on Heather and Brian's apartment, seizing a computer, receipts, paperwork and Cole's truck. Hours later Cole packed his bags and moved to Sandpoint, Idaho.

He denied having anything to do with the death at the time.

Cole was arrested in Sagle, Idaho and charged him with one count of murder. He was being held in the Bonner County Jail and was awaiting extradition.

Portland Police and the Multnomah County District Attorney's Office have worked the case since Mallory disappeared.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38063562

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2010, 02:57:15 PM »

Husband Of Heather Mallory Pleads Not Guilty  Rolling Eyes

POSTED: 9:11 am PDT July 14, 2010
UPDATED: 10:15 am PDT July 14, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The husband of a Portland woman whose remains were believed to have been found in Estacada pleaded not guilty Wednesday to one count of murder.

Brian Cole returned to Oregon this week after being arrested in Sagle, Idaho, earlier this month.

He is accused of killing Heather Mallory, who disappeared from her home on March 8, 2008.

After her disappearance, Cole went on to make on-camera pleas asking for the public's help in finding her.

"I just want Heather to come home," Cole said in 2008. "I want anybody who has any information to where Heather is, please call us. Call 911. We have a beautiful little boy at home who wants to see her."

On July 1, police said human remains were found on Bureau of Land Management forest land off Highway 224 near Estacada. It's believed the remains are those of Mallory, who shared a son with Cole.
http://www.kptv.com/news/24256367/detail.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2010, 08:48:21 AM »

Items located with Portland woman's remains linked killing to her husband, documents say
Updated: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 11:09 PM

The remains of Heather Dawn Mallory, a Southeast Portland woman who had been missing since 2008, were found in a military-style duffel bag in a wooded area down an embankment off of U.S. Forest Service Road 4610.

Inside the bag, authorities also found a pair of size 32 men's running-style shorts and items that were missing from her and her husband's bathroom on the day of her disappearance, including a bent towel rack bar, a rubber bath toy and what appears to be remnants of their bathmat, according to an arrest warrant affidavit unsealed Wednesday.

That discovery helped investigators link Mallory's husband, Brian Charles Cole, 37, to her death.

Documents indicate that a neighbor of the couple's had reported to detectives having seen Cole load a large military-style duffel bag into a vehicle shortly after the woman's disappearance.

Cole, who was arrested July 1 at his home on Gun Club Road in Sagle, Idaho, appeared in Multnomah County Circuit Court for his arraignment this morning on a grand jury indictment.  He pleaded not guilty to a single charge of murder constituting domestic violence.

A trial date has been set tentatively for Aug. 25.

The case also involved about 30 days of wiretapping of a cell phone authorities had Mallory's parents give to Cole. In phone calls with Mallory's parents, Cole frequently asked if any bodies had been located. 

In an April 8 call this year, Mallory's
dad informed Cole that a body had been located in Portland, and Cole did not ask any further questions, leading investigators to believe Mallory was likely dumped outside of the Portland area, according to documents and prosecutors involved in the case.

The  Clackamas County Sheriff's Office had notified Portland police homicide detectives on June 30 that a U.S. Bureau of Land Management worker found human remains off Oregon 224 on BLM land east of Estacada.

The  remains were identified as Mallory's and items found beside the remains helped investigators link her death to her husband, authorities said. Authorities have not been able to determine how Mallory was killed.

Heather Mallory's son is now living with her parents in Gig Harbor, Wash.

Mallory, 32, was a former employee of the University Club in downtown Portland and had attended the Oregon Culinary Institute. She vanished on March 8, 2008.

A missing persons report filed at the time said Mallory was last seen leaving her home after an argument with Cole, her husband of 4 1/2 years. After she disappeared, Mallory's parents spoke openly about her strained relationship with Cole.

During the course of the investigation, documents show that detectives had a U.S. Navy team dive and do a grid search of Detroit Lake in October 2008 after learning that Cole had gone fishing there. The Navy divers were used because the dam is under the auspices of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, documents say.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/items_located_with_portland_wo.html
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 08:50:41 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2010, 02:49:29 PM »

Items located with Portland woman's remains linked killing to her husband, documents say
Updated: Wednesday, July 14, 2010, 11:09 PM

The remains of Heather Dawn Mallory, a Southeast Portland woman who had been missing since 2008, were found in a military-style duffel bag in a wooded area down an embankment off of U.S. Forest Service Road 4610.

Inside the bag, authorities also found a pair of size 32 men's running-style shorts and items that were missing from her and her husband's bathroom on the day of her disappearance, including a bent towel rack bar, a rubber bath toy and what appears to be remnants of their bathmat, according to an arrest warrant affidavit unsealed Wednesday.

That discovery helped investigators link Mallory's husband, Brian Charles Cole, 37, to her death.

Documents indicate that a neighbor of the couple's had reported to detectives having seen Cole load a large military-style duffel bag into a vehicle shortly after the woman's disappearance.

Cole, who was arrested July 1 at his home on Gun Club Road in Sagle, Idaho, appeared in Multnomah County Circuit Court for his arraignment this morning on a grand jury indictment.  He pleaded not guilty to a single charge of murder constituting domestic violence.

A trial date has been set tentatively for Aug. 25.

The case also involved about 30 days of wiretapping of a cell phone authorities had Mallory's parents give to Cole. In phone calls with Mallory's parents, Cole frequently asked if any bodies had been located. 

In an April 8 call this year, Mallory's
dad informed Cole that a body had been located in Portland, and Cole did not ask any further questions, leading investigators to believe Mallory was likely dumped outside of the Portland area, according to documents and prosecutors involved in the case.

The  Clackamas County Sheriff's Office had notified Portland police homicide detectives on June 30 that a U.S. Bureau of Land Management worker found human remains off Oregon 224 on BLM land east of Estacada.

The  remains were identified as Mallory's and items found beside the remains helped investigators link her death to her husband, authorities said. Authorities have not been able to determine how Mallory was killed.

Heather Mallory's son is now living with her parents in Gig Harbor, Wash.

Mallory, 32, was a former employee of the University Club in downtown Portland and had attended the Oregon Culinary Institute. She vanished on March 8, 2008.

A missing persons report filed at the time said Mallory was last seen leaving her home after an argument with Cole, her husband of 4 1/2 years. After she disappeared, Mallory's parents spoke openly about her strained relationship with Cole.

During the course of the investigation, documents show that detectives had a U.S. Navy team dive and do a grid search of Detroit Lake in October 2008 after learning that Cole had gone fishing there. The Navy divers were used because the dam is under the auspices of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, documents say.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/items_located_with_portland_wo.html

I'm glad this POS was so stupid to leave evidence.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2010, 04:05:33 PM »

Me too SIS.... I always knew the POS was involved. JUSTICE FOR HEATHER!

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2010, 01:10:52 AM »

This details items found

Uniform, Victim's License Found In Duffel Bag

UPDATED: 7:31 am PDT July 16, 2010
PORTLAND, Ore. -- Newly released court documents state a forest service worker found Heather Mallory's driver's license, a uniform from the same culinary school she attended and a woman's skeleton in a military-style bag near Estacada last month.

Mallory's husband, Brian Cole, pleaded not guilty Wednesday to one count of murder in the death of his wife. He was arrested in Sagle, Idaho, after human remains believed to be Mallory's were found June 30.

Mallory vanished from the couple's Portland home on March 8, 2008.

Prosecutors said Cole told authorities Mallory vomited several times the day she disappeared and reported she was last seen wearing a blue shirt and blue jeans. He later e-mailed police and told them he noticed one of Mallory's Western Culinary Institute uniforms was missing, the documents state.

Shortly afterward, Cole moved out of the apartment and a neighbor told police Cole loaded a large, military-style duffel bag into a vehicle, the documents allege.

On June 30, a US Forest Service worker found a female skeleton inside a military-style body bag down an embankment in a wooded area. In addition to finding a Western Culinary Institute uniform and wallet containing Mallory's driver's license in the bag, prosecutors said, deputies discovered men's running pants, a pillow case, half of a cell phone, sunglasses, a bathrobe, bent towel rack, rubber bath toy and remnants of a bath mat.

The documents also state authorities used a wiretap as part of the investigation.

Detectives monitored Cole's cell phone conversations, text messages and GPS location from April 1 to April 27, 2010, according a warrant of arrest affidavit written by prosecutors.

Prosecutors said Cole's phone usage was described as minimal, according to the documents, except for April 7-8 around the time law enforcement activity surged in the case.

"Investigators believe that this intensified activity led Brian Cole to believe that investigators had found Heather Mallory's body," prosecutors wrote.

During this time, Cole made or received several phone calls to and from Mallory's parents, his mother, his mother's boyfriend and Portland police officers asking repeatedly if his wife's body had been found, the documents state.

The flurry of phone calls ended the evening of April 8, the documents state, when Mallory's parents told Cole a body had been found in Portland, or possibly somewhere outside of Portland, but they didn't have specifics.

"Once Brian Cole learned that the body found was found in or near Portland, he no longer asked questions about whether the body found might be the body of Heather Mallory and in fact directed the conversation to other topics," prosecutors wrote. "Investigators now believe that Brian Cole knew the body found in Portland was not Mallory's body because he had disposed of her body outside of the Portland area."

Cole is scheduled to go to trial Aug. 25.
http://www.kptv.com/news/24275309/detail.html

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2011, 12:05:08 PM »

Opening statements expected Tuesday in murder trial of Brian Cole
Updated: 7:50 am

The trial of Brian Charles Cole, who is accused of murdering is wife, is expected to get underway Tuesday at Multnomah County Circuit Court.

snipped
http://www.koinlocal6.com/news/local/story/Opening-statements-expected-Tuesday-in-murder/1Fa9H0oXMEC7fyLye9ja1w.cspx

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.