April 27, 2024, 12:15:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lauren Spierer, 20yrs old, Indiana University student, missing 6/3/11  (Read 601519 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #220 on: June 13, 2011, 02:15:08 AM »

http://www.wthr.com/story/14891050/police-may-have-new-leads-in-the-disappearance-of-lauren-spierer

Police may have new leads in the disappearance of Lauren Spierer
Updated: Jun 13, 2011 12:35 AM CDT
By Richard Essex - bio

BLOOMINGTON - There are new developments to report in the disappearance of 20-year-old Lauren Spierer. Bloomington Police say they have video of Spierer in an alley, but they won't say if she  walking alone or with another person.

Bloomington Police Captain Joe Qualters said, "I'm not going to get into specifics about what we have seen at this point. We have talked about the video we have received and we are not going to release it or talk about it."

::snipping2::

Police have asked the volunteers to start looking down, go through the grass and the dirt . So far, searchers have turned up a woman's bra and part of a cell phone. Police have taken both.

The search for her has turned up little. In an interview with NBC Sunday afternoon, her parents say they are still hoping for the best but preparing otherwise.

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #221 on: June 13, 2011, 02:19:05 AM »

Gulf, I'm between two bases one AF and one Navy that will narrow it quickly!!!!  The redneck area!  lol lol

Oooh, hurricane territory. You get more, worse ones too, than we do.
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #222 on: June 13, 2011, 02:34:45 AM »

Missing student's keys found

It is believed Spierer was accompanied by Corey Rossman who lives at 5 North Townhomes. A witness told Fox 59 News that Rossman was punched during a confrontation in the 5th floor elevator lobby of Spierer's apartment building at approximately 2:45 a.m. That confrontation was with a group of friends of Spierer's boyfriend, Jesse Wolff. Rossman's attorney, Carl Salzmann, told Fox 59 News that his client has no memory of the fight but was told that Spierer walked him home and turned him over to his roommate Mike Beth. Salzmann said Beth claims he put Rossman to bed while Spierer asked him if he wanted to party. Salzmann said when Beth demured, Spierer left Rossman's apartment to visit Jay Rosenbaum, a mutual friend, two doors down. Rosenbaum told police Spierer left at approximately 4:30 a.m. to walk home and he last saw her near 11th Street and College Avenue.

Sources indicate to Fox59 News that Wolff is at his parents' home in Port Washington, New York, though Bloomington police are confident that all persons of interest, even those currently not in Bloomington, will voluntarily agree to give statements to investigators.
Confronted outside their apartment Sunday, Corey Rossman and Mike Beth denied their identities to Fox59 News, then complained that media coverage of the investigation was ruining their life. Rossman complained that while his vehicle was parked in a public parking that Fox59 News was violating his privacy and Beth threatened to call Bloomington police. Rossman then drove away.

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-surveillance-video-fixes-time-when-lauren-spierer-last-spotted-20110612,0,7227876.story

Rossman and Beth sound like self absorbed little punks, imo.....no concern whatsoever about Lauren, just worried about their own azz

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #223 on: June 13, 2011, 07:50:07 AM »

I guess I had not noticed that she left Rossmans' and went to the apt of Rosenbaum and he is the one who states she left at approx 4:30 and HE saw her leave after trying to get her to stay.  He didn't help her get home either!  If their is video of her on her way home then I think some unknown perp grabbed her or the BF (or ex-BF) found her walking and really wanted to know why she was out with other guys and at their home.  She may not have considered him her BF at that moment but judging from the way HIS friend had an altercation with Rossman whom she was with, he might have believed she was still his 'property'!  I say put BF in check!
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #224 on: June 13, 2011, 07:53:57 AM »

Gulf, I'm between two bases one AF and one Navy that will narrow it quickly!!!!  The redneck area!  lol lol

Oooh, hurricane territory. You get more, worse ones too, than we do.

Yep, but this area weathers them well.  Besides that, we have sugar sand beaches!!!!                   

Just joshing with ya!  Welcome!
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #225 on: June 13, 2011, 07:58:41 AM »

I guess I had not noticed that she left Rossmans' and went to the apt of Rosenbaum and he is the one who states she left at approx 4:30 and HE saw her leave after trying to get her to stay.  He didn't help her get home either!  If their is video of her on her way home then I think some unknown perp grabbed her or the BF (or ex-BF) found her walking and really wanted to know why she was out with other guys and at their home.  She may not have considered him her BF at that moment but judging from the way HIS friend had an altercation with Rossman whom she was with, he might have believed she was still his 'property'!  I say put BF in check!

I forgot to add that this guy is Lauren's roommate Hadar's friend.  I don't like that she didn't come home after being with her very late and her not saying she even checked on her.  Something sound a little hinky there too.  I know Hadar isn't responsible for Lauren but I just wouldn't let someone go out with guys she just met only once and not worry when she didn't come home, just sayin'.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #226 on: June 13, 2011, 12:37:56 PM »

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/south_central/video-may-hold-new-details-in-search-for-lauren-spierer

Video may hold new details in search for Lauren Spierer
Police seeking vehicle seen on video
Updated: Monday, 13 Jun 2011, 12:24 PM EDT
Published : Monday, 13 Jun 2011, 12:19 PM EDT

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (WISH) - Bloomington Police may soon reveal some of the details they’ve gathered from security camera footage in their investigation into the disappearance of Lauren Spierer.

“There is a vehicle that has come to our attention,” Captain Joe Qualters said as he explained that the department is waiting on enhancement of the video that shows “a vehicle or a couple of vehicles” in hopes of being able to identify the drivers.

“That is not to say that …this person is responsible for Lauren’s disappearance. This person is not to be identified as suspect vehicle,” Qualters explained. Detectives rather, hope the driver or drivers may have seen something that could generate new leads.

Police would not say when the video would be available.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #227 on: June 13, 2011, 12:48:32 PM »

http://www.indystar.com/article/20110613/NEWS02/106130334/Police-Video-shows-vehicle-area-when-student-vanished?odyssey=nav%7Chead

Police saying little about case of missing IU student
11:23 AM, Jun. 13, 2011
Written by
Robert Annis

12:24 PM -- Police: Video may show vehicle

Bloomington police were enchaining a video that shows at least one car in the area when IU student Lauren Spierer disappeared, a spokesman said today.

The video may show one or two cars, Capt Capt. Joe Qualter told reporters. The drivers are not necessarily suspects, but may have some information about the sophomore's disappearance early June 10 after drinking with friends.

Police hope to release the video to the public to stir up new clues in the case. Investigators hope further video analysis will show a distinctive marking to the vehicles. Police worry that a vague image will prompt tips of little value, Qualter said.

Qualter also told reporters not to cling to the idea that there are 10 persons of interest. That number was used at an early news conference and it can change daily.

Robert and Charlene Spierer continued their practice of briefing reporters about their daughter's disappearance.

Charlene Spierer pleaded with anyone with information about their daughter to set aside any fears and contact police. "What are you waiting for?" she asked at the police department briefing. "What are you waiting for?"

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #228 on: June 13, 2011, 12:54:32 PM »

TV show generates 40 tips in search for missing college student Lauren Spierer

By LEONARD GREENE
Last Updated: 7:17 AM, June 13, 2011
Posted: 1:53 AM, June 13, 2011

A two-minute "America's Most Wanted" segment on a Westchester student missing from Indiana University has generated nearly 40 tips, authorities said yesterday.

But police investigating the disappearance of Lauren Spierer said they were still no closer to solving the mystery.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/tv_sparks_co_ed_tips_ne3hNSviQKzAIfwt1ns1IL#ixzz1PAxMh6v8
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #229 on: June 13, 2011, 01:24:23 PM »

http://www.lohud.com/article/20110613/NEWS02/106130352/Lauren-Spierer-Cops-acknowledge-rumor-missing-student-OD-d?odyssey=nav%7Chead

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. — Police for the first time today acknowledged that they have received information that college student Lauren Spierer may have overdosed on cocaine and that the student or students who were with her panicked and disposed of her body.

Bloomington police Capt. Joe Qualters was asked by a reporter about these "rumors" during a morning media conference.

His reply: "Have we heard information along those lines? Absolutely."

But he said detectives have not ruled that, or any other possibility, out in their investigation into the missing student.

"It's absolutely critical for us to be open minded," he said. "There is no shortage of information coming in."

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #230 on: June 13, 2011, 01:27:19 PM »

TV show generates 40 tips in search for missing college student Lauren Spierer

By LEONARD GREENE
Last Updated: 7:17 AM, June 13, 2011
Posted: 1:53 AM, June 13, 2011

A two-minute "America's Most Wanted" segment on a Westchester student missing from Indiana University has generated nearly 40 tips, authorities said yesterday.

But police investigating the disappearance of Lauren Spierer said they were still no closer to solving the mystery.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/tv_sparks_co_ed_tips_ne3hNSviQKzAIfwt1ns1IL#ixzz1PAxMh6v8

Thank you, San.  It was a very short segment, but at least it got the news out nationally about Lauren.
sunshine12
Monkey Junky

« Reply #231 on: June 13, 2011, 01:35:27 PM »

http://www.lohud.com/article/20110613/NEWS02/106130352/Lauren-Spierer-Cops-acknowledge-rumor-missing-student-OD-d?odyssey=nav%7Chead

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. — Police for the first time today acknowledged that they have received information that college student Lauren Spierer may have overdosed on cocaine and that the student or students who were with her panicked and disposed of her body.

Bloomington police Capt. Joe Qualters was asked by a reporter about these "rumors" during a morning media conference.

But he said detectives have not ruled that, or any other possibility, out in their investigation into the missing student.

"It's absolutely critical for us to be open minded," he said. "There is no shortage of information coming in."

wow thats an interesting rumor.  i don't know why they wouldn't just call 9-1-1 unless there was fear of them getting in trouble because cocaine is obviously illegal.  i'm suprised the police even acknowledged that
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #232 on: June 13, 2011, 04:51:54 PM »

Been following this case and heartbroken but too busy to comment or ask questions..BUT, melisb, I knew you were in FL but by that description you have to be VERY close to me, and IIRC Samarie is just North of me, all in the redneck riviera.

What are y'all thinking about the BF?

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #233 on: June 13, 2011, 06:01:53 PM »

wow thats an interesting rumor.  i don't know why they wouldn't just call 9-1-1 unless there was fear of them getting in trouble because cocaine is obviously illegal.  i'm suprised the police even acknowledged that

the way I read it was LE is not ruling anything out, even rumors. I suppose that is possible, she did have a heart condition.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #234 on: June 13, 2011, 06:05:56 PM »

Been following this case and heartbroken but too busy to comment or ask questions..BUT, melisb, I knew you were in FL but by that description you have to be VERY close to me, and IIRC Samarie is just North of me, all in the redneck riviera.

I think it is interesting he is out of state and LE commented on they can't make anyone stay in town. Did they question him? I am sort of taking it as they didn't because LE is quoted as stating they are sure even those out of the area will volunteer to give statements, but perhaps I missed something.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #235 on: June 13, 2011, 06:11:38 PM »

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81901

Who's who in the Lauren Spierer Case
IDS | June 12, 2011

Editor's Note: The following is a list of the most prominent individuals involved with the Bloomington Police Department's investigation of missing IU student Lauren Spierer.

Lauren Spierer

A 20-year-old IU junior from Scarsdale, N.Y. who went missing last Friday morning. She was last seen at 4:30 a.m. at the intersection of 11th Street and College Avenue.

Robert Spierer

The father of Lauren Spierer. Lauren’s parents flew in from New York early Saturday morning, June 4 to look for their daughter. They have been searching ever since.

Charlene Spierer

The mother of Lauren Spierer.

Rebecca Spierer

The older sister of Lauren Spierer. She has been in Bloomington since several days after Lauren’s disappearance.

Rabbi Sue Laikin Silberberg

Executive Director of the Helene G. Simon Hillel Center. She was an early leader in organizing volunteer searches and was frequently seen at the side of Lauren’s parents in the days after their arrival in Bloomington.

Lt. Bill Parker

A lead investigator from the Bloomington Police Department for the Lauren Spierer case.

Captain Joe Qualters

The BPD spokesperson for the Lauren Spierer case since he returned from out of town a few days after Lauren’s disappearance.

Jesse Wolff

IU student and Lauren Spierer’s boyfriend. Lt. Bill Parker said he was considered a person of interest in the case.  Qualters said Wolff filed the missing persons report.

Corey Rossman

An acquaintance of Lauren Spierer who accompanied Lauren to Smallwood Plaza from Kilroy’s Sports. He was reportedly involved in an altercation at the apartment building. Lauren then reportedly helped Rossman back to his apartment at 11th and Morton streets. He is considered a person of interest in the case. BPD has reportedly obtained a DNA sample from him.

Carl Salzmann

Rossman’s attorney and a former Monroe County District Attorney. Salzmann has told members of the media that Rossman had been drinking and was punched in the face during the alleged altercation that took place at Smallwood.

Mike Beth

Rossman’s roommate. Media outlets have reported he was the last person to see Lauren at the corner of 11th Street and College Avenue. He is considered a person of interest in the case. BPD has reportedly obtained a DNA sample from him.

Ron Chapman

Mike Beth’s attorney.

Jay Rosenbaum

A friend of Rossman and Beth who was reportedly present at their apartment complex at 11th and Morton streets the night Lauren disappeared. He is considered a person of interest in the case.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #236 on: June 13, 2011, 07:33:42 PM »

With video

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nation-world/wxin-specialized-search-team-in-bloomington-to-help-find-lauren-spierer-20110612,0,5182209.story

Specialized search team in Bloomington to help find Lauren Spierer
A lot of manpower and resources have been going towards the search for Lauren Spierer, and now a specialized search team is in Bloomington. Private search group Texas EquuSearch came at the request of Spierers' parents and authorities involved in the case.

By Ann Keil
Fox59
10:18 a.m. EDT, June 13, 2011

Bloomington, Ind.— A lot of manpower and resources have been going towards the search for Lauren Spierer, and now a specialized search team is in Bloomington. Private search group Texas EquuSearch came at the request of Spierers' parents and authorities involved in the case.

"I think there is a lot of strength in numbers, and there has been a lot of numbers," said Texas EquuSearch founder and director Tim Miller.

The search and rescue group will be bringing some of the most advanced technology available to Bloomington beginning Sunday.

"We got an awful lot of experience. We got our own sonar equipment. We got our own drop down cameras, ground penetration units, and drone airplanes," said Miller.

Miller told FOX 59 the group that is dedicated to his daughter is more than a thousand volunteers strong. In 1984, Laura Miller was abducted and murdered in north Galveston County, Texas.

"His compassion is a real compassion. Unfortunately, it was derived from an unfortunate circumstance," said Robert Spierer, Lauren's father. "I think to have the breath of those kinds of resources with the level of sophistication and the skilled search people is extremely important."

The group's expertise includes some high profile missing persons cases, including Stacey Petersen, Natalee Holloway and Caylee Anthony.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #237 on: June 13, 2011, 07:57:36 PM »

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nation-world/wxin-lauren-spierer-police-investigating-vehicle-spotted-in-vicinity-of-iu-students-disappearance-20110613,0,304409.story

Police investigating vehicle spotted in vicinity of IU student's disappearance
Bloomington police say they are investigating a report of a vehicle seen multiple times in the vicinity of 11th and Morton Streets, as well as 10th and College on the morning Indiana University student Lauren Spierer disappeared.

By Russ McQuaid & Edward Moody
Fox59
12:29 p.m. EDT, June 13, 2011

Bloomington, Ind.— Bloomington police say they are investigating a report of a vehicle seen multiple times in the vicinity of 11th and Morton Streets, as well as 10th and College on the morning Indiana University student Lauren Spierer disappeared.

Police said the vehicle may not have anything to do with Lauren's disappearance but they would like to speak with anyone in the car who may have seen something in those early morning hours of June 3rd. Police did not release any further details, saying investigators were currently working on enhancing the video before saying anything more specific.

The search continued Monday for the 20-year-old Spierer. The daily searches went down from three to two this week. The first search began at 11 a.m., the second is scheduled to get underway at 5 p.m. Volunteers are asked to gather at Spierer's apartment building, Smallwood Plaza. Smallwood is located near 8th and College in Bloomington.

The search has so far consisted of volunteers canvassing the Bloomington area and beyond. Helicopters have been looking at roof tops, train tracks and waterways. Divers searched Lake Monroe. The U.S. Marshal's Service and the FBI are involved. Just recently, the private search group Texas EquuSearch came at the request of Spierers' parents and authorities involved in the case.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #238 on: June 13, 2011, 10:24:03 PM »

I think it is interesting he is out of state and LE commented on they can't make anyone stay in town. Did they question him? I am sort of taking it as they didn't because LE is quoted as stating they are sure even those out of the area will volunteer to give statements, but perhaps I missed something.

I don't remember his being questioned recently; however, he wasn't questioned before June 10--I think.  Wish we knew for certain, though.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #239 on: June 13, 2011, 10:28:14 PM »

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81918

Texas horse group to search 50 areas outside city for Lauren Spierer
By Sarah Brubeck | IDS
POSTED AT 09:35 PM ON Jun. 13, 2011  (UPDATED AT 09:40 PM ON Jun. 13, 2011)

When Lauren Spierer’s uncle called Texas EquuSearch last week, Tim Miller said he couldn’t help unless law enforcement asked him. Within a few hours, Miller received a call from police and booked the next flight to Indiana.

Spierer, a 20-year-old IU student, has been missing since June 3. Community members and investigators are in their second week of searching, and Miller said he and his group are just a small part of the search.

Texas EquuSearch started 11 years ago with only volunteers on horses searching for people reported missing. Slowly, people came to Miller saying, “I don’t have horses, but I have ATVs.”

Now the organization has more than 530 trained members in Texas and more than 1,400 members nationwide. Each member brings their own skills with them, allowing the organization to bring dive teams, aerial searches and other technical equipment with them to make their searches more effective.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.