March 18, 2024, 09:41:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lauren Spierer, 20yrs old, Indiana University student, missing 6/3/11  (Read 597437 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #260 on: June 14, 2011, 11:06:27 PM »

Rosenbaum's FB, I apologize if posted already:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1248270748

Blue plaid shirt! Very tall. Surrounded by girls. Am I the only one reminded of Joran Van der Sloot?

All you had to say was "Blue plaid shirt! Very tall."  Immediately Joran came to mind.  I didn't even get to the "Surrounded by girls" part before I thought of him. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #261 on: June 14, 2011, 11:56:06 PM »

Rosenbaum's FB, I apologize if posted already:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1248270748

Blue plaid shirt! Very tall. Surrounded by girls. Am I the only one reminded of Joran Van der Sloot?

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #262 on: June 15, 2011, 12:07:26 AM »

If I remember right, our monkey "Cheerio" has a daughter that is friends with Lauren and she was involved in the searches.
Cheerio, how is your daughter doing? I don't want you to reveal anything that the "perp" could possibly read here, I was just wondering what feeling your daughter had from the search she volunteered for. I can't imagine how emotional taxing the searching for Lauren would be for her. I am sure you are very proud that she had the courage to go down there to help find her friend.
Praying for Lauren, her family and friends for continued strength. an angelic monkey

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cheerio
Scared Monkey

« Reply #263 on: June 15, 2011, 01:10:15 AM »

If I remember right, our monkey "Cheerio" has a daughter that is friends with Lauren and she was involved in the searches.
Cheerio, how is your daughter doing? I don't want you to reveal anything that the "perp" could possibly read here, I was just wondering what feeling your daughter had from the search she volunteered for. I can't imagine how emotional taxing the searching for Lauren would be for her. I am sure you are very proud that she had the courage to go down there to help find her friend.
Praying for Lauren, her family and friends for continued strength. an angelic monkey

Hi there cartfly! We live in Edgemont, NY and my daughter knows Lauren through High School, a grade apart They also went on a school trip to Japan a few years ago. My daughter told me a story of how Lauren stuck up for her against some bullies! Can you imagine 4'11", as well as sweet and kind. My d was not involved with any searches. I would be there in a flash if I didn't have to take my mil for her chemo treatments and assorted related issues. I'm a Monkey!! Just checking in before bed, I can't believe nothing new? I hope the BPD are not imbeciles. Sorry, just feeling a tiny fraction of what the family must be experiencing.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #264 on: June 15, 2011, 01:41:16 AM »

Cheerio, Lauren's family has been on searches and press conferences since they arrived; I admire them. Thank you for being "here" for them.  Hoping that the searchers find her soon.
cheerio
Scared Monkey

« Reply #265 on: June 15, 2011, 02:26:11 AM »

Cheerio, Lauren's family has been on searches and press conferences since they arrived; I admire them. Thank you for being "here" for them.  Hoping that the searchers find her soon.

Thank you grace-land. I know the family has been non stop and will continue to be til this is resolved. I'm feeling the frustration of the lack of concrete info thus far. Must have faith though.
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #266 on: June 15, 2011, 04:47:39 AM »

So Rosenbaum is the one who says he saw her leave? I wonder if he has a lawyer.
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #267 on: June 15, 2011, 05:03:01 AM »

Rosenbaum told police he last saw Spierer rounding a corner toward her building. Police said they have no video evidence of that.

According to Tamir, Spierer's boyfriend, Jesse Wolff, had been planning to get together with her that night. But he couldn't reach her, or she him, because she had left her phone at the bar.
Answering my own questions: Yes, Rosenbaum is the one who says he saw her leave. Yes, he has a lawyer, though the lawyer's name is not mentioned here. Also noting that Wolff has known Lauren for many years and the parents seemed to like him.

http://www.indystar.com/article/20110614/NEWS02/106140348/Interviews-Spierer-s-friends-family-continue?odyssey=mod|mostcom

::snipping2::
He [Wolff] was texting her hours after her disappearance. The bar, noting that, called him that afternoon. Wolff then tracked down Tamir in class, retrieved her keys and checked her apartment for Spierer. She wasn't there.

Two of Tamir's friends went to the police station to file a missing person's report. Wolff, who met Spierer in summer camp as a child and has been dating her for a couple years, alerted her parents that she was missing, Tamir said.

Neither Wolff's lawyer nor Rosenbaum's lawyer returned repeated calls. Wolff's parents, on Long Island, have refused to comment

Spierer's parents appeared on NBC's 'Today" show this morning to appeal for the public's help in finding their daughter. They were asked whether they think Rossenbaum and Wolff -- a young man they described with great affection early in the investigation - are cooperating with police and telling the truth about what they know.

Meanwhile, Tamir said police cordoned off Spierer's room Monday with tape, to preserve potential evidence.
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #268 on: June 15, 2011, 05:06:53 AM »

I keep posting instead of previewing. Sorry. Wanted to make these points, answering my own questions.

1-Rosenbaum is the one who says he saw Lauren leave the apt. building.

2-Yes, Rosenbaum has a lawyer though the name is not mentioned.

3-Wolff has known Lauren for several years, from childhood, and the parents seem(ed) to like him.

4-The police cordoned off Lauren's room to preserve evidence on Monday June 14, eleven days after the disappearance.
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #269 on: June 15, 2011, 06:01:58 AM »

Corey Rossman's and Jay Rosenbaum's facebook pages are now stripped down to bare minimum. Rosenbaum now says he studies at Indiana U and lives in Barcelona, Spain.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #270 on: June 15, 2011, 02:55:58 PM »

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/28245536/detail.html

Police: Truck Circled Block Night Spierer Last Seen
Police Release Surveillance Pictures

POSTED: 12:09 pm EDT June 15, 2011
UPDATED: 2:04 pm EDT June 15, 2011

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- Bloomington police Wednesday released surveillance pictures of a truck captured circling the block in the area the night Lauren Spierer was last seen.

Spierer, 20, was last seen at about 4:30 a.m. on June 3 walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way to her Smallwood Plaza apartment near 8th Street and College Avenue

Bloomington police Capt. Joe Qualters showed pictures of a white truck first seen on surveillance video at 4:14 a.m. driving westbound on 10th Street approaching Morton Street.

The truck appeared to drive northbound on Morton before reappearing on video at 4:24 a.m., again driving westbound on 10th Street approaching Morton, police said.

Qualters stressed that the times associated with the video have not been verified by police and may not be exact.

The truck was described as a Chevrolet Silverado full-size truck or a Chevrolet Colorado mid-size truck, believed to be a mid-2000s year model with four doors, a short bed and distinctive wheels.

The truck does have a bed liner and had equipment in the back, police said. It's believed to have a logo or writing of some kind on the doors and on the tailgate.

"It's significant in the proximity and the timing," Qualters said. "Hopefully it's someone who can provide information to us, who may have seen something in that particular area."

Qualters said police are trying to determine if the truck might be connected to construction in the area. He said police have identified another place that may have video of the area.

"We have not ruled out any possibility. This is just another piece of the puzzle," Qualters said. "We're very much in the information-gathering stage."

Police also released a new surveillance picture of Spierer from the night she was last seen.

Spierer had on a white, V-neck shirt with sleeves to her elbows. The shirt was scooped in the bottom at the front and back and had bell or butterfly sleeves, Qualters said.

She was also wearing black leggings with silver zippers at the ankles.

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #271 on: June 15, 2011, 03:37:07 PM »

Islandmonkey

1.  PCB

2.  I know what I was thinking about the BF is that if she really left the apt of the last dude claiming to have seen her walk away (assuming she did make it out of there) and the stories were true of BF calling and calling her and not getting her and then BF's friend punching the guy he assumed she was with...then he may have been riding around all night looking for her and found her on her way home and snatched her into his car.  My thoughts only.

WOW~You do live close to me 

So many weird circumstances and I can see thta, but my first instinct was "did she ever leave th eapt"...now I am reading they just now sealed her room off? I sure hope they know what they are doing

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #272 on: June 15, 2011, 04:15:59 PM »

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/28245536/detail.html

Police: Truck Circled Block Night Spierer Last Seen
Police Release Surveillance Pictures

POSTED: 12:09 pm EDT June 15, 2011
UPDATED: 2:04 pm EDT June 15, 2011

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- Bloomington police Wednesday released surveillance pictures of a truck captured circling the block in the area the night Lauren Spierer was last seen.

Spierer, 20, was last seen at about 4:30 a.m. on June 3 walking south on College Avenue from 11th Street on her way to her Smallwood Plaza apartment near 8th Street and College Avenue

Bloomington police Capt. Joe Qualters showed pictures of a white truck first seen on surveillance video at 4:14 a.m. driving westbound on 10th Street approaching Morton Street.

The truck appeared to drive northbound on Morton before reappearing on video at 4:24 a.m., again driving westbound on 10th Street approaching Morton, police said.

Qualters stressed that the times associated with the video have not been verified by police and may not be exact.

The truck was described as a Chevrolet Silverado full-size truck or a Chevrolet Colorado mid-size truck, believed to be a mid-2000s year model with four doors, a short bed and distinctive wheels.

The truck does have a bed liner and had equipment in the back, police said. It's believed to have a logo or writing of some kind on the doors and on the tailgate.

"It's significant in the proximity and the timing," Qualters said. "Hopefully it's someone who can provide information to us, who may have seen something in that particular area."

Qualters said police are trying to determine if the truck might be connected to construction in the area. He said police have identified another place that may have video of the area.

"We have not ruled out any possibility. This is just another piece of the puzzle," Qualters said. "We're very much in the information-gathering stage."

Police also released a new surveillance picture of Spierer from the night she was last seen.

Spierer had on a white, V-neck shirt with sleeves to her elbows. The shirt was scooped in the bottom at the front and back and had bell or butterfly sleeves, Qualters said.

She was also wearing black leggings with silver zippers at the ankles.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #273 on: June 15, 2011, 04:26:26 PM »

Why do these stories have trucks? strange.

So it seems the truck they caught was looking for something, by the way it was going around the block, that makes sense. Could have been looking for an address? A person? A job site? a person alone to kidnap? No telling I suppose. I have a hard time believing they don't know who owns that truck or what the logo is on the side of it. With technology today it sure seems they would be able to clean it up enough to read it. 
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #274 on: June 15, 2011, 04:41:27 PM »

In the comments section of today's Indy Star news story, one person comments that the truck in the police photo looks a lot like one in Indy Star's own photo 12. Additional comments say Wow, do the police know this? One commenter (hmmmmm) says the truck in photo 12 is much older.

I will now try to post photo 12.

Well, anyway, here is the caption indicating where and when the truck in photo 12 was seen. I blew up both photos at home and the trucks do look the same. The significance would be: (a) the white truck lives in the neighborhood and should be easy to find; (b) the white truck had something to do with the disappearance and was cruising around to see the current reaction.

Do the police know if one of Wolff's friends, the ones hanging around Lauren's apt lobby, drives a white truck?

http://www.indystar.com/article/20110615/NEWS/106150306/Police-show-photo-truck-Spierer-disappearance?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|IndyStar.com

(Caption)Aaron P. Bernstein/For the Star.Volunteers Julie Sautter (L), Rich Sautterof Indianapolis and Chuck Findleyof Zionsville, hold signs seeking information in the disappearance of Indiana University sophomore Lauren Spierer, Sunday June 12, 2011. Spierer has been missing since the early hours of June 3rd.

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #275 on: June 15, 2011, 05:17:13 PM »

Does this work? Photo 12 from Indianapolis Star today. (Exact link and caption in comment above.) Note white truck.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #276 on: June 15, 2011, 05:17:52 PM »

I don't know what to think at this point. Random? Friend? Boyfriend? In the news report showing the route Lauren took, the reporter mentions Laurens purse was found in the ally way, is that true? Was her purse and keys found there?

Can't believe they don't have the technology to not read the logo on the side of the truck. I bet they know what it says.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #277 on: June 15, 2011, 05:25:36 PM »

I don't know what to think at this point. Random? Friend? Boyfriend? In the news report showing the route Lauren took, the reporter mentions Laurens purse was found in the ally way, is that true? Was her purse and keys found there?

Can't believe they don't have the technology to not read the logo on the side of the truck. I bet they know what it says.

The purse was found in the alley, and the keys were found on the railing.  The FBI enhanced the picture making the markings on the truck blurred.  They need the driver to come forward or someone in the community to identify it.
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #278 on: June 15, 2011, 05:27:02 PM »

Here is a close-up of the truck above. For comparison with police photo.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #279 on: June 15, 2011, 05:33:25 PM »

In the comments section of today's Indy Star news story, one person comments that the truck in the police photo looks a lot like one in Indy Star's own photo 12. Additional comments say Wow, do the police know this? One commenter (hmmmmm) says the truck in photo 12 is much older.

I will now try to post photo 12.

Well, anyway, here is the caption indicating where and when the truck in photo 12 was seen. I blew up both photos at home and the trucks do look the same. The significance would be: (a) the white truck lives in the neighborhood and should be easy to find; (b) the white truck had something to do with the disappearance and was cruising around to see the current reaction.

Do the police know if one of Wolff's friends, the ones hanging around Lauren's apt lobby, drives a white truck?

http://www.indystar.com/article/20110615/NEWS/106150306/Police-show-photo-truck-Spierer-disappearance?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|IndyStar.com

(Caption)Aaron P. Bernstein/For the Star.Volunteers Julie Sautter (L), Rich Sautterof Indianapolis and Chuck Findleyof Zionsville, hold signs seeking information in the disappearance of Indiana University sophomore Lauren Spierer, Sunday June 12, 2011. Spierer has been missing since the early hours of June 3rd.

BBM

I think that the police would have asked the guys if they owned or drove a truck before releasing the picture.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.