March 18, 2024, 11:22:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lauren Spierer, 20yrs old, Indiana University student, missing 6/3/11  (Read 597453 times)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #280 on: June 15, 2011, 05:37:13 PM »

Does this work? Photo 12 from Indianapolis Star today. (Exact link and caption in comment above.) Note white truck.

Hard to really tell from behind but I think the truck shown in this pic is a long bed.
Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #281 on: June 15, 2011, 05:38:57 PM »

Once more and now I will stop.

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #282 on: June 15, 2011, 05:41:22 PM »

The purse being found in the ally imo can be said there was a struggle? Of course someone could have planted it. That truck being in that area is hinky.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #283 on: June 15, 2011, 05:54:17 PM »

Once more and now I will stop.

Port Valerie, you are determined. LOL  Yes, it looks similar; but you would be surprised how many people own/drive white trucks.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #284 on: June 15, 2011, 06:05:15 PM »

Here is a close-up of the truck above. For comparison with police photo.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #285 on: June 15, 2011, 06:06:56 PM »

I wonder why the truck didn't stop at the stop sign?   

http://www.ky3.com/news/hto-lauren-spierer-search-bloomington-police-photos-of-white-truck-20110615,0,4570902.story

BPD also release photos of Spierer from night she disappeared
By Abby Tonsing
812-331-4245
3:39 p.m. CDT, June 15, 2011

::snipping2::

During Wednesday's Bloomington police press conference, Capt. Joe Qualters said police are "absolutely" looking into the truck. "Why? Because it circles the block," Qualters said. The truck is not considered a suspect vehicle at this time, as police are still in the information gathering stage, he said.

The truck is captured on video heading westbound on 10th Street, approaching Morton Street, at 4:14 a.m. Friday, June 3, according to the time on the camera equipment.

The truck then heads northbound on Morton Street.

It is seen another time heading westbound on 10th Street, approaching Morton at 4:24 a.m.

Had the truck stopped at a stop sign, police would have gotten higher quality photographs, Qualters said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #286 on: June 15, 2011, 06:13:53 PM »

Here is a close-up of the truck above. For comparison with police photo.

The tires look different?

"The truck was described as a Chevrolet Silverado full-size truck or a Chevrolet Colorado mid-size truck, believed to be a mid-2000s year model with four doors, a short bed and distinctive wheels."

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #287 on: June 15, 2011, 07:27:33 PM »

I think the wheels on the police video have the large rims which in my opinion are a bit odd to have on a work truck such as used in plumbing or construction.

Fixed typo = San
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 08:24:52 PM by San » Logged
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #288 on: June 15, 2011, 07:32:34 PM »

rimes should be rims, sorry can't spell today
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #289 on: June 15, 2011, 09:13:36 PM »

http://www.scarsdale10583.com/201106151726/around-town/lauren-on-our-mind.html

Lauren On Our Mind
Wednesday, 15 June 2011 05:46
Joanne Wallenstein

It’s June in Scarsdale … a time for proms, moving up ceremonies, end of year activities and fun. For parents, it is a time for milestones in their children’s lives -- the completion of a grade, the end of elementary school and for some, high school graduation. However, the recent news about Lauren Spierer at Indiana University has cast a pall over this joyous time and a shadow across the entire community.

In a school district as small as Edgemont, with only 144 students in the graduating class, the Spierer’s are well known and their daughters have crossed paths with a wide swath of their neighbors. Everyone seems heartsick about her disappearance and after they express concern for her, they often say something like “there but for the grace of God go I.” Lauren’s disappearance has highlighted the fragility of our lives and the inability of parents to protect their children, especially when some attend college hundreds of miles away.

Many families are planning to attend a fundraiser for Lauren at Edgemont High School on Thursday night. June 16 to send positive thoughts to the Spierers. Here are the details:

The extended Edgemont community is invited to "Take A Stand to # Find Lauren," a fundraiser for the Find Lauren Fund, this Thursday, June 16, 7 p.m. at the EHS Football Field at Edgemont Junior Senior High School. Bring your mats, towels, $10 or $20 bills and learn or enjoy simple yoga moves while sending positive energy and thoughts to bring Lauren back to Edgemont. 100% of the donations will go to the Find Lauren fund. Even if yoga is not your thing, you are invited join the Edgemont community to show the Spierers our love and support.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #290 on: June 15, 2011, 09:42:17 PM »

With video

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-lauren-spierer-surveillance-camera-debate-heats-up-after-students-disappearance-20110615,0,5220378.story

Surveillance camera debate heats up following student's disappearance
The mystery surrounding Lauren Spierer's disappearance has raised serious questions as to whether Bloomington taxpayers should pay for surveillance cameras downtown.

By Anne Yeager
Fox59
8:30 p.m. EDT, June 15, 2011

Bloomington, Ind.— The mystery surrounding Lauren Spierer's disappearance has raised serious questions as to whether Bloomington taxpayers should pay for surveillance cameras downtown.

Prominent local attorney Ken Nunn asked the city on two different occasions to put the cameras in to keep students and residents safe, but he said the city turned down the idea.

Bloomington police chief Mike Diekhoff said he'd rather use the money putting more officers on the street, though.

"It's not practical to put cameras at every intersection, " Chief Diekhoff said. "I'd rather put the money towards hiring officers."

The Mayor's office told Fox59 News they couldn't comment on the ongoing police investigation.
cheerio
Scared Monkey

« Reply #291 on: June 15, 2011, 09:57:21 PM »

Fox59 News has learned that one prime person of interest who was among the last people to see Spierer before she vanished has passed a polygraph test.

http://www.fox59.com/news/laurenspierer/wxin-lauren-spierer-police-release-photo-of-truck-spotted-near-where-iu-student-disappeared-20110615,0,2143854.story

So assuming either Jay or Corey are telling the truth, I would think the boys are not directly responsible for Laurens disappearance.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #292 on: June 15, 2011, 10:10:17 PM »

Fox59 News has learned that one prime person of interest who was among the last people to see Spierer before she vanished has passed a polygraph test.

http://www.fox59.com/news/laurenspierer/wxin-lauren-spierer-police-release-photo-of-truck-spotted-near-where-iu-student-disappeared-20110615,0,2143854.story

So assuming either Jay or Corey are telling the truth, I would think the boys are not directly responsible for Laurens disappearance.

Corey and his roommate, Mike, gave their DNA.  Jay was the last one to see Lauren before she disappeared; I think that Jay passed the polygraph test.  We'll see.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #293 on: June 15, 2011, 10:45:34 PM »

With video "Eyewitness News"
"Police have several pieces of videos; they found another location that might provide more video."

http://www.wthr.com/story/14913046/police-release-new-images-in-spierer-search

Police release new images in Spierer search
Posted: Jun 15, 2011 12:37 PM CDT
Updated: Jun 15, 2011 5:06 PM CDT

BLOOMINGTON - Bloomington Police released new information Wednesday concerning a truck seen in the area where an IU student vanished 13 days ago, and a picture of what Lauren Spierer was wearing before she disappeared.

It was the first photo of Spierer released from surveillance videos since the investigation began.

"I think if you look closely, you'll see who Lauren is," said Lauren's father, Robert Spierer. "Happy, smiling, beautiful. On her way out to meet with friends."

Police also went door-to-door in the area where she vanished, canvassing a quarter mile radius Tuesday night. Because the area included apartments, the large number of doors slowed their efforts.

The searches continued Wednesday, despite rainy weather in Bloomington. It was an obstacle volunteer searchers were willing to overcome.

"We still have a number of teams going out," said organizer John Summerlot.

At the operations center on the Indiana University campus, where professional search teams mapped their course, the mission continues.

"The lightning, thunderstorms, does affect whether or not we can use horse searches or boat searches or those sort of things," Summerlot said.

Bloomington Police press release issued Wednesday:

At today's news conference, the Bloomington Police Department released a photo of Lauren Spierer that was captured from surveillance video at her Smallwood apartment complex on the night of her disappearance. Yesterday, police had released updated details on clothing she was wearing that were obtained through additional video analysis and interviews with friends.

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #294 on: June 16, 2011, 01:28:16 AM »

If I remember right, our monkey "Cheerio" has a daughter that is friends with Lauren and she was involved in the searches.
Cheerio, how is your daughter doing? I don't want you to reveal anything that the "perp" could possibly read here, I was just wondering what feeling your daughter had from the search she volunteered for. I can't imagine how emotional taxing the searching for Lauren would be for her. I am sure you are very proud that she had the courage to go down there to help find her friend.
Praying for Lauren, her family and friends for continued strength. an angelic monkey

Hi there cartfly! We live in Edgemont, NY and my daughter knows Lauren through High School, a grade apart They also went on a school trip to Japan a few years ago. My daughter told me a story of how Lauren stuck up for her against some bullies! Can you imagine 4'11", as well as sweet and kind. My d was not involved with any searches. I would be there in a flash if I didn't have to take my mil for her chemo treatments and assorted related issues. I'm a Monkey!! Just checking in before bed, I can't believe nothing new? I hope the BPD are not imbeciles. Sorry, just feeling a tiny fraction of what the family must be experiencing.
Hey Cheerio,
I am sorry, I must have read something too quick that was posted early on and misunderstood that it was your dear d that was also involved in the searches as well as going to school with her. Lauren sure seems like a wonderful girl and a faithful friend to your d and to many others. Prayers to your family and MIL as she undergoes chemo.  an angelic monkey

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
cheerio
Scared Monkey

« Reply #295 on: June 16, 2011, 07:17:49 AM »

If I remember right, our monkey "Cheerio" has a daughter that is friends with Lauren and she was involved in the searches.
Cheerio, how is your daughter doing? I don't want you to reveal anything that the "perp" could possibly read here, I was just wondering what feeling your daughter had from the search she volunteered for. I can't imagine how emotional taxing the searching for Lauren would be for her. I am sure you are very proud that she had the courage to go down there to help find her friend.
Praying for Lauren, her family and friends for continued strength. an angelic monkey

Hi there cartfly! We live in Edgemont, NY and my daughter knows Lauren through High School, a grade apart They also went on a school trip to Japan a few years ago. My daughter told me a story of how Lauren stuck up for her against some bullies! Can you imagine 4'11", as well as sweet and kind. My d was not involved with any searches. I would be there in a flash if I didn't have to take my mil for her chemo treatments and assorted related issues. I'm a Monkey!! Just checking in before bed, I can't believe nothing new? I hope the BPD are not imbeciles. Sorry, just feeling a tiny fraction of what the family must be experiencing.
Hey Cheerio,
I am sorry, I must have read something too quick that was posted early on and misunderstood that it was your dear d that was also involved in the searches as well as going to school with her. Lauren sure seems like a wonderful girl and a faithful friend to your d and to many others. Prayers to your family and MIL as she undergoes chemo.  an angelic monkey

Thank you so much for your support monkey friend Cartfly   
cheerio
Scared Monkey

« Reply #296 on: June 16, 2011, 07:50:49 AM »

WAFFLE HOUSE!

http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=1275435&AgencyID=54855

Offender Search: Offender Details
 Return to list
DetailsWarrantsOther Known Addresses
Name:   JEREMIAH JACOB ADAMS   Registration #:    343994
Level:   Offender Against Children
Registration Start Date:   
Registration End Date:   
Lifetime Registration:    No

Other Known Addresses
• Work Addresses
WAFFLE HOUSE
530 N COLLEGE ST
BLOOMINGTON, IN 47404   
  View Map
• School Addresses
• Volunteer Addresses
• Other Residential Addresses

Share this information with a friend!

JEREMIAH JACOB ADAMS

Register to track this offender
cheerio
Scared Monkey

« Reply #297 on: June 16, 2011, 08:08:36 AM »

Other RSO   same site as above

Name:   JAMES MICHAEL ULAND   Registration #:    358422
Level:   Offender Against Children
Registration Start Date:    06/13/2007
Registration End Date:   
Lifetime Registration:    Yes

Other Known Addresses
• Work Addresses
WINGS EXTREME
10TH AND COLLEGE

BLOOMINGTON, IN 47408   
  View Map
• School Addresses
IVY TECH
200 N DANIELS WAY
BLOOMINGTON, IN 47404   
  View Map
• Volunteer Addresses
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #298 on: June 16, 2011, 12:32:40 PM »

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/south_central/lauren-spierers-mom-pleads-for-info

Lauren Spierer's mom pleads for Info
Updated: Thursday, 16 Jun 2011, 12:19 PM EDT
Published : Thursday, 16 Jun 2011, 12:13 PM EDT

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (WISH) - “This could be you,” Charlene Spierer said Wednesday as she held up one a picture of one of the last known sightings of her daughter Lauren, “Picture yourself in her place, what would you want your friends to do?"

Lauren’s mother directly addressed those who know the answer to where her daughter is saying “This could be you going out on a night with your friends to just have a good time and be happy and share your life with everybody,” she said, I’m begging you to put yourself in Lauren’s place, what would you want your friends to do.?”

Bloomington Police Thursday released a map and revised timeline of the last places Lauren Spierer was seen when she vanished on June 3.

The timeline outlines “Lauren’s known movements and locations” Captain Joe Qualters said. The timeline was constructed based on a combination of surveillance video and witness statements.

This marks the second day in a row that police have released information about the circumstances surrounding Spierer’s disappearance.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #299 on: June 16, 2011, 01:20:20 PM »

http://www.indystar.com/article/20110616/LOCAL/106160396/150-professional-searchers-on-hunt-for-missing-IU-student-Lauren-Spierer?odyssey=tab%7Cmostpopular%7Ctext%7CLOCAL

Police release timeline for IU student Lauren Spierer
11:54 AM, Jun. 16, 2011

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- Police investigating the disappearance of Indiana University student Lauren Spierer today released a timeline that is their best estimation of her last known movements.

The timeline tracks Spierer from a sports bar to her apartment complex, through an alley and back onto College Avenue, one of Bloomington’s main thoroughfares.

Much of the early morning of June 3, her movements were caught on surveillance video and are documented down to the minute. The timeline thins out considerably after 2:51 a.m., when police say they have only witness accounts of her movements -- including the last sight of her at 4:30 a.m.

Here’s the timeline:
1:46 a.m. — Enters Kilroy’s Sports Bar.
2:27 a.m. — Exits Kilroy’s
2:48 a.m. — Enters a North/South alley between 10th and College Apartments and 10th and College Village.
2:51 a.m. — Exits the alley, heading toward an empty lot north of 10th & College Village Apartments.
4:30 a.m. — Last seen at 11th and College Ave.

Meanwhile, Capt. Joe Qualters told reporters at daily briefing today that about 150 people on loan from law enforcement agencies and others with searching experience are at work in the Bloomington area.

These searchers swept a quarter-mile and half-mile radiuses around the Bloomington apartment complex where Spierer was last seen after a night of partying with friends.

America's Most Wanted television show will air a new segment about the case Saturday night, Qualters said.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.