March 18, 2024, 09:34:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lauren Spierer, 20yrs old, Indiana University student, missing 6/3/11  (Read 597436 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #540 on: August 23, 2011, 10:12:03 PM »

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/08/23/news.qp-3438184.sto

Lauren Spierer’s roommates, boyfriend, pre-registered to return to IU Monday
Volunteers asked to hang posters before IU semester starts
By Abby Tonsing 331-4245 | atonsing@heraldt.com
August 23, 2011, last update: 8/23 @ 5:52 pm

::snipping2::

Students are not considered officially enrolled until classes start, IU spokesman George Vlahakis stated in an email Tuesday, but many have already registered for their fall classes — including Spierer’s boyfriend of two years, Jesse Wolff, two of her roommates at Smallwood Plaza, and a few of the young men who had direct contact with Spierer before she disappeared.

Four of the young men confirmed by attorneys to have been with Spierer on the night of her disappearance are also set to resume classes Monday. They include: Corey Rossman, Jason “Jay” Rosenbaum, Michael Beth and David Rohn,

Two of Spierer’s roommates at her fifth-floor Smallwood apartment are registered to start classes on Monday — Hadar Tamir and Alyx Steinberg. Both study journalism and marketing.

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #541 on: August 24, 2011, 10:13:20 PM »

Students are not considered officially enrolled until classes start, IU spokesman George Vlahakis stated in an email Tuesday, but many have already registered for their fall classes — including Spierer’s boyfriend of two years, Jesse Wolff, two of her roommates at Smallwood Plaza, and a few of the young men who had direct contact with Spierer before she disappeared.

Four of the young men confirmed by attorneys to have been with Spierer on the night of her disappearance are also set to resume classes Monday. They include: Corey Rossman, Jason “Jay” Rosenbaum, Michael Beth and David Rohn,

Two of Spierer’s roommates at her fifth-floor Smallwood apartment are registered to start classes on Monday — Hadar Tamir and Alyx Steinberg. Both study journalism and marketing.

That's good information. Thanks. My nephew is starting there as a freshman but I think he will not be very interested in this case. Just thrilled to be there and starting a new phase of life.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #542 on: August 24, 2011, 11:19:18 PM »

That's good information. Thanks. My nephew is starting there as a freshman but I think he will not be very interested in this case. Just thrilled to be there and starting a new phase of life.

Good to hear about your nephew starting college there, Port Valerie; he must be very excited!  Lauren's parents and volunteers plan to meet on Sunday and replace the old posters of Lauren with new ones.  He will probably see them.  I'm surprised that Corey, Jay, and Jesse might be coming back.  I thought that Lauren's boyfriend, Jesse, graduated in May, 2011.  Maybe he's attending grad school?

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #543 on: August 25, 2011, 05:02:28 PM »

I too am amazed they're coming back. Loren's parents are still in town. Should be a very unpleasant situation for the young men. I don't think they will be treated like pop stars by the other students. Maybe they couldn't get admitted to other schools over the summer. I wonder what their GPAs are.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #544 on: August 25, 2011, 11:58:26 PM »

I too am amazed they're coming back. Loren's parents are still in town. Should be a very unpleasant situation for the young men. I don't think they will be treated like pop stars by the other students. Maybe they couldn't get admitted to other schools over the summer. I wonder what their GPAs are.

I think that it will be good to have them back; the police might have some more questions for them. 
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #545 on: August 26, 2011, 12:02:37 AM »

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/28966438/detail.html

Campus Safety Underlines IU Move-In Day
Officials: We'll Do Everything We Can To Ensure Students' Safety
POSTED: 5:43 pm EDT August 24, 2011
UPDATED: 7:55 pm EDT August 24, 2011

School officials said safety awareness activities and educational programs will be readily available and students will also have the opportunity to help search for Spierer.

On Sunday, volunteers will be organizing another ‘Find Lauren Spierer’ blitz replacing the old posters with new ones. , Rabbi Sue Silverberg said she hopes the new students in town can help generate new leads.

"We're beginning to plan a number of different awareness events to let people know that we aren't going to forget her," Silverberg said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #546 on: August 26, 2011, 12:37:55 PM »

http://wcsi.whiterivernews.com/templates/localnews_temp.asp?id=3839&storyno=1

Spierer Case On Minds of Returning IU Students
Last Updated: Thursday, August 25, 2011 6:18:13 PM

Students have returned to Indiana University in Bloomington, and the disappearance of 20-year-old Lauren Spierer in June remained on the minds of many.  Maria Highbaugh said she returned to IU for the fall with pepper spray and a mindset to be aware of her surroundings due to Spierer's disappearance.  Missing posters have been hung all over campus in the hopes someone returning to campus has information about exactly what happened.  Police are continuing to search a landfill in Vigo County, but have not turned up any clues as yet.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #547 on: August 26, 2011, 06:52:16 PM »

How was it possible to hide her so quickly and effectively?  So sad. 

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/south_central/landfill-search-for-spierer-over

Landfill search for Spierer over
Updated: Friday, 26 Aug 2011, 6:32 PM EDT
Published : Friday, 26 Aug 2011, 6:05 PM EDT

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (WISH) - Bloomington Police Department said Friday it is ending its search of a Terre Haute landfill no closer to finding missing IU student Lauren Spierer .

“The fact that no evidence related to this case was discovered is unfortunate, but we are confident that the proper area at the landfill was identified and thoroughly checked by the officers working there,” said Bloomington Police Chief Michael Diekhoff.

The search was conducted at Sycamore Ridge Landfill over nine days, police said, and more than 4,100 tons of waste was examined. That waste came from an area of the landfill that held trash from the Bloomington area, and had been sequestered within the firste few days of the investigation, Bloomington police said Friday.

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #548 on: August 26, 2011, 08:21:28 PM »

How was it possible to hide her so quickly and effectively?  So sad. 

Maybe she was driven many miles away. There would be little chance of finding her in a random farm field. So sad.

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #549 on: August 28, 2011, 01:44:05 AM »

Maybe the influx of several thousand returning students and staff will lead to a discovery. More people moving in should mean that more nooks and crannies are incidentally examined. Let us hope.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #550 on: August 28, 2011, 08:22:23 AM »

Maybe the influx of several thousand returning students and staff will lead to a discovery. More people moving in should mean that more nooks and crannies are incidentally examined. Let us hope.

I wonder with the return of the students, if there will be someone that talks, someone that overhears something or someone that remembers something that may not have been important then, that has become important since.    I hope there will be answers soon.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #551 on: August 29, 2011, 02:24:29 AM »

Lauren's parents are back in Bloomington!  They caught the last flight out of LaGuardia before hurricane Irene struck the East Coast! 

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=82521

Spierer parents cover city with new posters
By Colleen Sikorski | IDS
POSTED AT 11:27 PM ON Aug. 28, 2011

At 10 a.m. Sunday on the corner of Eighth Street and College Avenue, less than a block away from Lauren Spierer’s last confirmed sighting, Charlene Spierer hugged her daughter’s friends in a tearful back-to-school reunion.

By noon, only two hours into the seven-hour postering event, more than 125 people had distributed stacks of missing person posters and fliers.

The Spierers had a new poster designed to garner more attention for their daughter’s case since IU’s 40,000-plus students have returned from summer vacation.

“We’re now at the point they’re all back,” Robert Spierer said. “We’re hoping there’ll be more information about what happened. We desperately need it. That’s what we have to work off of.”

Almost 10,000 posters were distributed throughout Bloomington, and volunteers picked up piles of pastel sidewalk chalk to write “#findlauren” or “findlauren.com” on sidewalks.

“There’s just so many people to reach out to,” Robert Spierer said. “We’re begging.”
Before Charlene Spierer left to greet more volunteers, she had one last message for her daughter.

“We love you, honey,” she said. “We’re not going anywhere.”
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #552 on: August 29, 2011, 07:52:35 PM »

With video

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-lauren-spierer-jay-rosenbaum-breaks-silence-on-spierer-mystery-20110829,0,6562206.column

Jay Rosenbaum breaks silence on Spierer mystery
Rosenbaum has never spoken publicly about the night Spierer disappeared.
By Anne Yeager
5:43 p.m. EDT, August 29, 2011
Bloomington, Ind.

The last person who reportedly saw missing IU Student Lauren Spierer before she vanished spoke out for the first time Monday.

Fox59 caught up with senior Jay Rosenbaum off-campus on the first day of IU classes.

At first, Rosenbaum didn't answer us when we wanted to ask him questions. He did when we asked him if he has a message for Lauren's family, though.

"In order to protect this case, nobody wants me to talk. Please stop, " said Rosenbaum.

Spierers' parents are desperate for Lauren's friends to talk. Ever since she went missing, the family has held news conferences begging and pleading for information. We asked Rosenbaum if he has talked to them.

"I talk with them privately," he said.

While we asked him what happened to Lauren that night, he got into his car and pulled away, shaking his head.

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #553 on: August 29, 2011, 08:31:40 PM »

Good work, Graceland. I'm glad you're tracking this.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #554 on: August 29, 2011, 10:28:05 PM »

It was said that all of the persons of interest returned for the school year.  Hopefully, some information, small or big, might be shared with Lauren's parents or the police now that they have returned.  At the end of the video, the reporter told Lauren's mother that she spoke with Jay.  Charlene asked "what did he say," and the reporter told her that he has spoken privately to the parents.  Charlene said nothing in reply.  I wonder what that is all about.  IIRC, the persons of interest have not communicated with them or the police during summer.   
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #555 on: August 29, 2011, 11:15:22 PM »

http://www.lohud.com/article/20110829/NEWS02/108290358/Spierer-family-advocates-safety-letter-campus-newspaper

Spierer family advocates safety in letter in campus newspaper
Aug 29, 2011 
Written by
Shawn Cohen

The parents and sister of missing Indiana University student Lauren Spierer ran a full-page letter today in her campus newspaper, encouraging young people to take steps to protect themselves.

Here is the main part of the letter, posted in the Indiana University Daily Student and writen in the voice of Charlene Spierer:

A couple of years ago Lauren told me about a contact I should add to my cell phone. The contact is ICE. For those of you who don't know, ICE stands for "in case of emergency." I am Lauren's ICE contact. My husband is my ICE contact and so it goes. Unfortunately, Lauren did not have her cell phone with her when she needed it the most-June 3, 2011. There has been much speculation in the media about Lauren's disappearance. However, this is a fact...Lauren last used her cell phone at 12:16 a.m., just after midnight as June 2 became June 3 when she was still safely in the confines of Smallwood. Consider that fact when you read about Lauren's case or hear her story. Let me repeat it: Lauren last used her cell phone at 12:16 a.m., just after midnight as June 2 became June 3 when she was still safely in the confines of Smallwood. The purpose of what I am sharing with you is not to speculate about what happened. The purpose of this is to encourage people to take precautions to be safe.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #556 on: August 30, 2011, 12:22:43 AM »

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/south_central/excise-police-issue-nearly-200-tickets-in-bloomington

Excise police issue nearly 200 tickets in Bloomington
Updated: Monday, 29 Aug 2011, 3:09 PM EDT
Published : Monday, 29 Aug 2011, 3:08 PM EDT

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (WISH) - Excise officers issued nearly 200 tickets in the past week in Bloomington, as IU students returned to campus for a new school year.

Dozens of the citations arose from a single party, which police investigated after a noise complaint. The five residents of the apartment were preliminarily charged with aiding a minor to possess an alcoholic beverage, along with a noice ordinance violation. Dozens were preliminarily charged with illegal consumption of alcoholic beverages, and one underage woman was taken by ambulance to IU Health Bloomington Hospital because of her level of intoxication.

All told, over the week 89 people were preliminarily charged with illegal possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages; 33 were charged with possession of false ID; 23 were charged with using a false ID. In addition, 19 adults were charged with furnishing alcohol to a minor or aiding a minor to possess alcohol.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #557 on: August 30, 2011, 11:24:45 PM »

With video

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-lauren-spierer-charlene-spierer-jay-rosenbaum-is-lying-20110830,0,3219029.column

Charlene Spierer: Jay Rosenbaum is lying
Lauren Spierer's mother said Tuesday that one of the "persons of interest" in her daughter's disappearance is not telling the truth.
By Anne Yeager
5:52 p.m. EDT, August 30, 2011
Bloomington, Ind.

"We talk privately, we talk privately," said Rosenbaum.

But that's not what Lauren's mother said.

"We do not have, and have never had any relationship with Jay Rosenbaum. I have never spoken with Jay Rosenbaum about Lauren's disappearance and I have had absolutely no interaction with him whatsoever," said Charlene Spierer, Lauren's mother.

Lauren vanished June 3, and hasn't been seen since. Rosenbaum said he saw Lauren for the last time leaving his townhome at 4:30 a.m. that morning.

Charlene Spierer even doubts that that's true. In an earlier interview, she questioned why someone would let a girl walk home alone.

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #558 on: August 31, 2011, 12:52:55 AM »

Charlene Spierer's comment convinces me: Jay Rosenbaum did not talk to the family. Jay Rosenbaum is lying now. Jay Rosenbaum lied then. Jay Rosenbaum, the last person to admit seeing Loren, is a liar. He must be very arrogant or stupid to return to IU this fall. I would presume his lawyer told him to say nothing.

And this could be good: loose lips sink ships.

We should hope he keeps spouting off.

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #559 on: August 31, 2011, 09:07:33 AM »

Charlene Spierer's comment convinces me: Jay Rosenbaum did not talk to the family. Jay Rosenbaum is lying now. Jay Rosenbaum lied then. Jay Rosenbaum, the last person to admit seeing Loren, is a liar. He must be very arrogant or stupid to return to IU this fall. I would presume his lawyer told him to say nothing.

And this could be good: loose lips sink ships.

We should hope he keeps spouting off.

LE should put a plant in his classes to buddy up to him.  Get him out drinking and partying as much as possible and just wait on him to start talking.  Eventually, he'll hang himself.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.