March 19, 2024, 12:24:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lauren Spierer, 20yrs old, Indiana University student, missing 6/3/11  (Read 597461 times)
cheerio
Scared Monkey

« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2011, 09:41:08 PM »

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-lauren-spierer-bloomington-police-serve-search-warrant-at-missing-students-apartment-complex-20110607,0,3575069.story

Police serve search warrant at missing student's apartment complex
Bloomington Police have removed two computer hard drives from rooms off of the lobby at Smallwood Plaza.

By News Staff

Fox59

8:41 p.m. EDT, June 7, 2011
Bloomington, Ind.—

Bloomington Police have removed two computer hard drives from rooms off of the lobby at Smallwood Plaza. Missing IU student Lauren Spierer lives at Smallwood Plaza.

An apartment complex resident told Fox59 News the hard drives contain security camera footage. Police said there's no evidence Lauren ever entered her apartment building Friday.

Police are continuing to search the apartment building looking for clues into her disappearance.

The 20-year-old sophomore went missing early Friday morning. She was last seen walking towards her apartment on College Avenue.

At about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday night, the first of four Bloomington Police cars with lights flashing arrived in the 800 block of College Avenue. One officer was carrying a battering ram. An officer told Fox59 News that investigators were attempting to find a key to open an apartment.

At 8:25 p.m., police used the battering ram to knock down two doors near the lobby of the apartment building.

::snipping2::

What do you think Grace-land?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2011, 09:43:05 PM »

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/07/news.qp-0062550.sto

Police reportedly raid Smallwood
By Bethany Nolan 331-4373 | bnolan@heraldt.com
June 7, 2011, last update: 6/7 @ 9:05 pm

Bloomington Police have removed two computer hard drives from rooms off of the lobby at Smallwood Plaza where missing Lauren Spierer lives, Fox59 is reporting. Officers continue to search the apartment building looking for clues into her disappearance.

The first of four Bloomington Police cars with lights flashing arrived in the 800 block of College Avenue around 7:30 p.m., the report says. One officer was carrying a battering ram. An officer told Fox59 News that investigators were attempting to find a key to open an apartment.

At 8:25 p.m., police used the battering ram to knock down two doors near the lobby of the apartment building, according to Fox59.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2011, 09:47:13 PM »

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-lauren-spierer-bloomington-police-serve-search-warrant-at-missing-students-apartment-complex-20110607,0,3575069.story

Police serve search warrant at missing student's apartment complex
Bloomington Police have removed two computer hard drives from rooms off of the lobby at Smallwood Plaza.

By News Staff

Fox59

8:41 p.m. EDT, June 7, 2011
Bloomington, Ind.—

Bloomington Police have removed two computer hard drives from rooms off of the lobby at Smallwood Plaza. Missing IU student Lauren Spierer lives at Smallwood Plaza.

An apartment complex resident told Fox59 News the hard drives contain security camera footage. Police said there's no evidence Lauren ever entered her apartment building Friday.

Police are continuing to search the apartment building looking for clues into her disappearance.

The 20-year-old sophomore went missing early Friday morning. She was last seen walking towards her apartment on College Avenue.

At about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday night, the first of four Bloomington Police cars with lights flashing arrived in the 800 block of College Avenue. One officer was carrying a battering ram. An officer told Fox59 News that investigators were attempting to find a key to open an apartment.

At 8:25 p.m., police used the battering ram to knock down two doors near the lobby of the apartment building.

What do you think Grace-land?

Looking for evidence...security camera videos...who has access...gaining access to an apartment, etc.  Some ideas.  I'm still looking for more information.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2011, 09:47:15 PM »

radio scanner for the area, Monroe County:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?ctid=745
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2011, 09:48:39 PM »

Reporting here as well:

http://twitter.com/#!/idsnews
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2011, 10:00:01 PM »

reporting on here also--

http://www.facebook.com/idsnews

cheerio
Scared Monkey

« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2011, 10:00:28 PM »

Just heard "Smallwood....evidence"
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2011, 10:02:03 PM »

I did too Cheerio
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2011, 10:24:46 PM »

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81852

Bloomington Police serve search warrant
By From IDS report | IDS

POSTED AT 10:02 PM ON Jun. 7, 2011  (UPDATED AT 10:11 PM ON Jun. 7, 2011)

Bloomington Police executed a search warrant at Smallwood Plaza, missing IU student Lauren Spierer's apartment complex, today at approximately 8:30 p.m.

Police stood inside the main doors to Smallwood Plaza and then used two battering rams to break open two doors immediately adjacent to the lobby as dozens of Smallwood residents and people walking by watched in shock.

According to several residents of Smallwood standing nearby, the two rooms that the police broke into were the security room and the mail room.

Once the doors had been broken open, police officers immediately began snapping pictures of the interior of the rooms.

Lt. Scott Oldham of the Bloomington Police Department confirmed that BPD was serving a search warrant for the two rooms, but would not comment on what the police were searching for.

BPD will discuss the warrant Wednesday morning during a press conference at the Bloomington Police Station.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2011, 11:06:45 PM »

http://www.scarsdale10583.com/201106081712/parenting/service-of-hope-for-lauren-spierer-held-at-scarsdale-synagogue.html

Service of Hope for Lauren Spierer Held at Scarsdale Synagogue
Tuesday, 07 June 2011 21:04 Jen Geller

Elizabeth, Natalee, Chandra, and now, sadly, Lauren. We all know their awful stories: Stolen from her bed in the middle of the night; a tragic turn over spring break; an internship full of promise then suspicion.

Now it’s a beautiful young woman, a ‘fashionista’ as her friends call her, who went out for a night of fun in a college town only to disappear just before dawn. Lauren Spierer is from Edgemont. She’s one of ours. And no one can find her. And it’s awful.

On Tuesday night, Scarsdale Synagogue held a Service of Hope in honor of Lauren and her family. Rabbis Klein and Gordon and Cantor Becker led the hundreds of friends and neighbors and former classmates in prayer and a chance for the community to join together in this difficult time.

cheerio
Scared Monkey

« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2011, 11:08:12 PM »

Tonight I went with a close friend, my husband and daughter to a local synagogue for a community "Service of Hope" supporting Lauren and the Spierer family. Some of the inspirational words...

"This painful storm of anguish has descended upon the Spierer family, their friends, their congregation. There is little we can do, and yet we feel the need to "do something". Anything. And so we have come together as one community to share our concern and pray for this family. This is, above all, simply an opportunity for sharing... nothing very structured, just the words of our hearts and music from our tradition as a way to support one another. May Lauren and her family feel the strength to keep hope and faith alive."
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2011, 11:21:19 PM »

Tonight I went with a close friend, my husband and daughter to a local synagogue for a community "Service of Hope" supporting Lauren and the Spierer family. Some of the inspirational words...

"This painful storm of anguish has descended upon the Spierer family, their friends, their congregation. There is little we can do, and yet we feel the need to "do something". Anything. And so we have come together as one community to share our concern and pray for this family. This is, above all, simply an opportunity for sharing... nothing very structured, just the words of our hearts and music from our tradition as a way to support one another. May Lauren and her family feel the strength to keep hope and faith alive."

BBM

Sending my prayers to her family and friends--for Lauren.
cheerio
Scared Monkey

« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2011, 12:36:30 AM »

Kilroy's Sports Bar under investigation for serving Spierer
By Christy Mullins331-4266 | cmullins@heraldt.com
June 7, 2011, last update: 6/8 @ 12:24 am
http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/07/news.487289.sto 
Kilroy’s Sports Bar is under investigation for serving underage Lauren Spierer the night she disappeared.

The popular bar on North Walnut Street could be cited for allowing a minor to loiter there and for selling alcoholic beverages to a minor, Indiana State Excise police officer Travis Thickstun said Tuesday. Video surveillance shows 20-year-old Spierer at the bar past midnight Friday. Assuming bouncers let her in without a valid ID, and that bartenders served her, Thickstun said the bar could face a monetary fine, several days’ suspension or a revoked permit.

But he said excise police won’t dig too far at this point, because “the most important thing right now is to find Lauren. We’re not going to get in the way of what Bloomington police are doing.”

And he said excise police don’t plan to increase their presence at Kilroy’s after the discovery, because their officers patrol downtown Bloomington bars already more than any other bars in the state. That includes once or twice weekly appearances at Kilroy’s, where officers check IDs and sometimes ticket underage people who try to come inside.

Edit- Cheerio, thanks for posting the article.  In the future, please post the link back to the article and post only a partial article.  I've added the link for you and snipped your post.  MB

« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 10:28:42 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2011, 01:27:34 AM »

Press conference Wednesday at 11:30 a.m.; live streaming at wishtv.com

YouTube video: "Search for missing student goes viral"
Uploaded by wish on June 7, 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPQe6LMQEAQ&feature=player_embedded

cheerio
Scared Monkey

« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2011, 01:29:00 AM »

BBM

Thank you grace-land, joined by monkeys we are all one community.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2011, 01:32:17 AM »

BBM

Thank you grace-land, joined by monkeys we are all one community.

YW, cheerio.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2011, 01:47:04 AM »

Aerial view shows wide scope of search for missing student
Uploaded by wish on Jun 7, 2011

Chopper 8 retraces path police believe Lauren Spierer took before she

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlpLdVxAGck

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2011, 09:17:35 AM »

I brought this over from IDS.com's comment section!  Much more informative than anything I've read.  Notice what it says about the guy she was with last!!  I still can't bring a link over from an article.  I still don't know what I'm doing and really lucky when I get one thing cut and pasted!!! lol

38. Posted by Veteran at 08:34 AM on Jun 08, 2011 | Report this comment
Great comments by a lot of people here. Its most likely the BPD issued the warrant AFTER they received the account of the male that was with her last. His account puts them outside, or possibly within Smallwood's vestibule, almost an hour before previous accounts. None of the news reports have quoted that the BPD actually viewed the surveillance cameras. It's possible that no one looked at the video between 2:30am- 2:40am (just after the bars actually close, and when the male said they left.) The BPD issued the warrant, then went and recovered all the video to survey it themselves. The parents were called in, most likely to ID her on the video, before they took it.

melisb - wev'e GOT to have a link back to articles. If you can copy & paste, you can bring a link.  
Come over to the test thread and I'll leave you a message and you can practice.  Link to my message to you in the Test Thread:
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=114.msg1383031#msg1383031
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 11:40:03 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2011, 12:07:56 PM »

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/south_central/police-no-new-info-on-lauren-spierer

Police: No new info on Lauren Spierer
Updated: Wednesday, 08 Jun 2011, 11:58 AM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 08 Jun 2011, 11:55 AM EDT

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (WISH) - “We don’t have any big breaking news on the case. I wish we did,” said Bloomington Police Lt. Bill Parker as he updated the media Tuesday on the search for Lauren Spierer.

Officers seized computers Tuesday while executing a search warrant on her apartment building. Parker said those computers contained surveillance footage of Lauren leaving the building with people he described as acquaintances.

Perhaps the biggest details Parker offered Wednesday were that police found “items of value” in their search for clues and evidence in the case. He also indicated that polygraph tests were given to acquaintances.

“I don’t have anybody that we could characterize as a suspect,” Parker said.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2011, 12:09:42 PM »

Thank you for the update grace-land.  I wish there was some good news. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.