March 19, 2024, 12:44:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lauren Spierer, 20yrs old, Indiana University student, missing 6/3/11  (Read 597465 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #700 on: July 03, 2012, 06:15:36 PM »

http://findlauren.com/updates#announcements

::snipping2::

Announcements

July 3, 2012….
Posted: 1 hour 17 min ago

I cannot think of Lauren without thinking of the person responsible for her disappearance. Your lack of compassion will be repaid in kind…justice for Lauren will be served. Only then will you and your family know what a nightmare truly is.

Let today be the day someone starts the conversation, reaches out and shares what they know. Let today be the day someone thinks beyond their fears and actually considers what this never ending silence is doing to our family. Let today be the day you remember what Lauren meant to you.

Charlene Spierer

Find Lauren PO Box 1226 Bloomington, IN 47402
Tipline: 812.339.4477
Email: helpfindlauren@gmail.com
Beau Dietl Associates 800.777.9366
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #701 on: July 14, 2012, 08:23:50 PM »

http://www.lohud.com/article/20120714/NEWS02/120714002/Lauren-Spierer-case-Family-waits-information-about-skull-found-river

Lauren Spierer case: Family waits for information about skull found in river
6:54 PM, Jul 14, 2012

INDIANAPOLIS — After a dozen false alarms, Robert Spierer told The Journal News/LoHud.com today that he has no reason to believe that a human skull found in an Indianapolis river is that of his missing daughter — but he’s anxious to find out regardless.

“We don’t have any information,” Spierer said. “We’re just waiting like everybody else.”

Bloomington police called the family to notify them of the grisly discovery, made by a local fisherman a week ago. The skull was about six feet from the east bank of the White River underneath the Raymond Street Bridge in Indianapolis, about 60 miles from the Bloomington, Ind., street were 20-year-old Lauren Spierer was last seen on June 3, 2011.

Divers from the Indianapolis Fire Department combed a stretch of the river after the skull was found, but failed to find other body parts, according to the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department. It could take weeks to determine the age and gender of the skull.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #702 on: July 17, 2012, 12:10:46 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/16/identification-human-skull-found-in-indianapolis-river-will-take-weeks-coroner/

Identification of human skull found in Indianapolis river will take weeks, coroner says
Published July 16, 2012

Chief Deputy Coroner Alfarena Ballew said the skull, found last week in the White River, appears to have been in the water "about a year." Ballew said it will take several weeks to determine the race and gender of the skull -- and possibly the identity if authorities are able to extract DNA or match it with dental records of missing persons in a national database.

Lauren Spierer, 20, of Greenburgh , N.Y., disappeared from Indianapolis a little more than a year ago on June 3, 2011. She was last seen in the early morning -- standing barefoot and alone -- on the intersection of 11th Street and College Avenue in Bloomington, Ind., according to the woman's acquaintance and college classmate Jay Rosenbaum.

Rosenbaum claims he watched the petite, blonde-haired student walk from his building toward her off-campus apartment complex some three blocks away around 4:30 a.m. the morning she disappeared. Rosenbaum’s last reported sighting of Spierer followed a night of partying among a loose group of college friends and acquaintances.

The skull was found by a local fisherman near the east bank of the White River in an area about 60 miles from the street corner where Spierer was last seen. Ballew told FoxNews.com that the skull is now with a forensic anthropologist, who is working to determine the age, race and gender of the victim. Once that is established, authorities will try to match it with dental records of missing persons who fit the profile, she said. They will also try to extract DNA from it. 

"We have never had a case where we've had to extract DNA from a skull only," Ballew said, noting that authorities have not recovered any other body parts.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/16/identification-human-skull-found-in-indianapolis-river-will-take-weeks-coroner/#ixzz20qhaewg6
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #703 on: August 03, 2012, 12:18:59 AM »

http://newsonlaurens.blogspot.com/2012/08/letter-from-charlene-spierer.html

Letter from Charlene Spierer
August 2, 2012

To Whom This May Concern:

It sickens me to write to you once again, but I have no choice.   Time continues to pass and I cannot let you forget about Lauren.    Rebecca recently said she holds close those people who knew Lauren.   I realized in that moment that our lives will be forever defined as the time before Lauren disappeared and the time after.   Another thing you and I share, the before and the after.  For me, living without Lauren, it’s the little things in my day-to-day life which are the most difficult.  The things that aren’t mentioned.  Getting mail addressed to Lauren, walking past her room just as she left it the last time she was home, still waiting for her return.  The unpacked boxes I cannot bear to move.  The notice Rob has hidden away among so many other pieces of mail, from the Department of Motor Vehicles.  It’s Lauren’s.  It arrived shortly before her 21st birthday.  We try to shield each other from more pain.  It is impossible to do. 

On June 4, 2011, we were hoping for Lauren’s rescue.  That’s what the Bloomington Police Department was hoping for as well.  As time passed, we were hoping for Lauren’s recovery.  Today we are waiting to find out if the remains found in the White River belong to Lauren.  We wait along with other families of missing loved ones.  It could take as long as eight weeks.  That’s 80,640 minutes of agony.  We are waiting to find out if a skull found in the White River might be Lauren’s.  It’s chilling to say the words.  I find it incomprehensible that if by chance you are reading this, you know the answer already.   I recently read that the White River is 362 miles long.  I am guessing that if you placed Lauren in a body of water, the current could have relocated her to another area.   I can’t say that I have read anything about decomposition or what might happen to a body that has been in water for over a year.  Though this past year has taught me things I never would have expected to learn, decomposition is one area I refuse to explore.   Lauren’s DNA and dental records are on file with CODIS.  “CODIS is the acronym for the “Combined DNA Index System” and is the generic term used to describe the FBI’s program of support for criminal justice DNA databases as well as the software used to run those databases. The National DNA Index System or NDIS is considered one part of CODIS, the national level, containing the DNA profiles contributed by federal, state, and local participating forensic laboratories.” We continue to wait for the results from the Marion County coroner’s office. 

You may or may not be a parent.  Somehow I doubt that you are a parent.  I guarantee you have no idea what it’s like, waiting to find out if the remains recovered from any number of places are those of your child.   I hope I am making you uncomfortable.  I hope you have as many sleepless nights as I have.  I hope that some day, your parents, your siblings, your friends will all be in a courtroom when your true self is revealed, the self which was born on June 3, 2011 when you took Lauren from us.

We were shocked when several people hired attorneys within days of Lauren’s disappearance.   Five young men, five attorneys.   I’m still not sure why they felt it was necessary.  I know hiring an attorney is not an admission of guilt, however it leads me to believe there was something to hide.   Questions remain unanswered and law enforcement polygraphs remain untaken.  We are still without Lauren.  Did you hire an attorney?   I wonder if you are among those who continue to refuse to cooperate with the Bloomington Police Department.  You can well imagine, a year later, those conducting the investigation have more questions which need to be answered.  And yet those that could help, refuse to do so.   Who are you?  Did you go on any searches?   Maybe you were no longer in Bloomington as thousands helped look for Lauren.  Did you use Lauren’s disappearance to your advantage?   Have we met?  Time will tell.  So many questions.   I will never forgive those who could have helped and did not.  Though I doubt my sentiments matter to you, I will never forget you for as long as I live. I hope that every time you look into a mirror you remember the choices you made on June 3, 2011.  I hope with every breath you take, you remember Lauren.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #704 on: August 03, 2012, 12:26:34 AM »

That's just heartbreaking.   

These are my opinions and subject to change.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #705 on: August 03, 2012, 01:06:53 PM »

It is heartbreaking, KittyMom.  Charlene reminds me of Beth Holloway, both of them have the same determination and courage to find their daughters.  Bless them!

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #706 on: August 03, 2012, 01:10:01 PM »

http://www.lohud.com/article/20120803/NEWS02/308030049/Lauren-Spierer-Tooth-may-help-parents-get-speedier-answer-about-Indiana-skull

Lauren Spierer: Tooth may help parents get speedier answer about Indiana skull
12:32 AM, Aug 3, 2012

Lauren Spierer’s parents may learn within a matter of days whether a human skull found July 8 is that of their missing daughter, the Marion County, Ind., Coroner’s Office told The Journal News.

It would typically take eight weeks to get test results on a human skull, but forensic experts are extracting a tooth from the skull that will be cross-referenced with dental records for Spierer that are already on file, Deputy Coroner Alfarena Ballew said.

“We certainly want to relieve any stress the family is going through,” Ballew said, discussing the measure she said would probably allow authorities to rule Spierer in or out before other test results are known.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #707 on: August 06, 2012, 07:50:59 PM »

http://www.lohud.com/article/20120806/NEWS/308060078/Lauren-Spierer-Coroner-evaluate-pathology-report-week-found-skull-DNA-test-follow?odyssey=nav%7Chead

Lauren Spierer: Coroner to evaluate pathology report this week on found skull; DNA test to follow
5:05 PM, Aug 6, 2012

Lauren Spierer’s parents’ quest for answers may end this week as new tests shed light on the gender, ethnicity and age of a skull found last month in Indianapolis, the Marion County, Ind., coroner’s office told The Journal News today.

The information should be included in a pathologist’s report that the coroner’s office is expected to receive this week, senior deputy coroner Michelle Willis said.

“Hopefully we can at least know some prelimary findings, like race and gender,” she said.

If the skull, found in the White River by a fisherman on July 8, is identified as anything but a young caucasian woman, the office can rule out Spierer. If it does fit her basic profile, then the office will determine whether it is Spierer through a dental analysis.

Deputy coroner Alfarena Ballew told the paper last week that a tooth would be cross-referenced with Spierer’s dental records. Willis said the office has since decided that subsequent DNA testing of the tooth is necessary to prove a connection.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #708 on: August 09, 2012, 01:31:54 PM »

Man Found With Guns Was Watching Bloomington Bar
Last updated on Thursday, August 09, 2012

Bloomington Police Captain Joe Qualters says the man police that it was 66 yards from his position to the front door of Kilroy's and that he had been watching people come and go all evening.

The man also asked officers several questions about missing Indiana University student Lauren Spierer, who was at the sports bar the night she disappeared, and claimed he had met her two years ago at a shooting range, police said.

"He made some odd statements that were of concern to the officers, even making reference to the ongoing investigation of the Lauren Spierer case," said Qualters. "At that time, he was brought to the Bloomington Police Department and was interviewed."

http://www.wbiw.com/local/archives/2012/08/man_found_with_guns_was_watchi.php
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #709 on: August 09, 2012, 01:33:34 PM »

Lauren Spierer disappearance: Family awaits coroner report
Testing done to see if skull belongs to missing student

12:18 AM, Aug 7, 2012

Lauren Spierer’s parents’ quest for answers may end this week as new tests shed light on the gender, ethnicity and age of a skull found last month in Indianapolis, the Marion County, Ind., Coroner’s Office told The Journal News.

The information should be included in a pathologist’s report that the Coroner’s Office is expected to receive this week, Senior Deputy Coroner Michelle Willis said.

http://www.lohud.com/article/BH/20120807/NEWS/308070037/Lauren-Spierer-disappearance-Family-awaits-coroner-report?odyssey=nav%7Chead&nclick_check=1
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #710 on: August 10, 2012, 05:07:42 PM »

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-coroner-skull-found-in-white-river-not-connected-to-spierer-case-20120810,0,6717256.column

Coroner: Skull found in White River not connected to Spierer case

Preliminary findings show the skull has characteristics consistent with those of an East or Southeast Asian man.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #711 on: August 12, 2012, 12:03:16 PM »

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-coroner-skull-found-in-white-river-not-connected-to-spierer-case-20120810,0,6717256.column

Coroner: Skull found in White River not connected to Spierer case

Preliminary findings show the skull has characteristics consistent with those of an East or Southeast Asian man.

What a disappointment for one family and a relief for another.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #712 on: August 13, 2012, 05:41:38 AM »

How true...

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #713 on: August 29, 2012, 12:29:44 AM »

Image of ring at link

http://www.wdrb.com/story/19401451/spierer-family-hopes-ring-prompts-new-tips

Spierer family hopes ring prompts new tips
Posted: Aug 28, 2012 7:30 PM CDT Updated: Aug 28, 2012 7:31 PM CDT

LOUISVILLE, Ky.  (WDRB) -- The family of missing Indiana University student Lauren Spierer has posted online a photo of a ring similar to one they believe she was wearing the night she disappeared from Bloomington, Ind., in June of last year.

A family Facebook page that publicizes the search said, "Lauren was wearing a ring similar to this one the night she disappeared. It was a gift for her 20th Birthday. Anything small could lead to answers. If you have any information about Lauren's disappearance please contact us.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #714 on: September 06, 2012, 10:44:14 AM »

Police: Man attacks IU student walking home from bar where Spierer last seen
Posted on September 6, 2012 at 6:31 AM
Updated today at 8:41 AM

A composite sketch of a suspect in an attack near the IU campus in Bloomington. If you recognize this man call your local police department.

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (WHAS11) -- Police are beefing up patrols around the Indiana University after woman was attacked near campus Monday morning.

The 21-year-old was attacked as she was walking home from Kilroy's Bar – the same bar where missing IU student Lauren Spierer was last seen.

The victim said a man in hid 40's asked for directions then grabbed her hair, forced her to the ground and tried to sexually assault her. She used pepper spray and got away.

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/Police-Man-attacks-IU-student-walking-home-from-same-bar-where-Spierer-last-seen-168740866.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #715 on: September 06, 2012, 10:45:27 AM »

Lauren Spierer: Police investigate rape attempt near Indiana University for possible link
11:26 PM, Sep 5, 2012

BLOOMINGTON, IND. — Bloomington police are investigating whether an attempted rape early Monday near the Indiana University campus has any connection to the case of missing IU student Lauren Spierer.

http://www.lohud.com/article/20120906/NEWS02/309060059/Lauren-Spierer-Police-investigate-rape-attempt-near-Indiana-University-possible-link
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #716 on: October 04, 2012, 11:34:43 PM »

Video at link

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-bo-dietl-knows-arbys-and-a-high-profile-investigation-in-indiana-20121004,0,5135217.column

Bo Dietl knows Arby's and a high profile investigation in Indiana
4:20 p.m. EDT, October 4, 2012

Indianapolis
The grieving parents of Lauren Spierer brought in New York Detective Bo Dietl to be one of the front men to investigate their daughter’s disappearance. But now, Dietl is also the front man for Arby’s.
Dietl also said he’s got boots on the ground in Indiana looking for answers for the Spierers.

"These are the best detectives in the world," Dietl said."They're working the case day to day. We are actively as we speak now, actively involved with Spierer with two of my detectives, actively involved with it right as we speak."

He said he has emotional ties for the family and is hoping for a break.

"They had all these boys that were there and somebody knows something and we're hoping that someone feels for the family to get some kind of closure for the family," Dietl said.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #717 on: October 17, 2012, 09:22:05 AM »

Video at link

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-bo-dietl-knows-arbys-and-a-high-profile-investigation-in-indiana-20121004,0,5135217.column

Bo Dietl knows Arby's and a high profile investigation in Indiana
4:20 p.m. EDT, October 4, 2012

Indianapolis
The grieving parents of Lauren Spierer brought in New York Detective Bo Dietl to be one of the front men to investigate their daughter’s disappearance. But now, Dietl is also the front man for Arby’s.
Dietl also said he’s got boots on the ground in Indiana looking for answers for the Spierers.

"These are the best detectives in the world," Dietl said."They're working the case day to day. We are actively as we speak now, actively involved with Spierer with two of my detectives, actively involved with it right as we speak."

He said he has emotional ties for the family and is hoping for a break.

"They had all these boys that were there and somebody knows something and we're hoping that someone feels for the family to get some kind of closure for the family," Dietl said.

Still praying!

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #718 on: October 23, 2012, 12:51:02 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/Lauren.Spierer.Family.Updates

Official Lauren Spierer Updates from Her Family shared a link.
18 hours ago.

I know someone has the information that could help us find Lauren. Maybe you feel it is too late to help Lauren and so why bother. What you might not be considering is the heartache your lack of action has caused our family and friends.
The not knowing is almost unbearable. When I asked someone recently, why they thought no one was coming forward they gave two reasons…one was people are afraid that by sharing what they know they might get into trouble. The other reason was fear of being exposed through the media. Truly, could those be the reasons you are hesitating? If you know what happened the night of Lauren's disappearance, or if you have any information, please get in touch with me, either through this Facebook page or through any of the other avenues we have provided. Even if it is just to start the conversation, even if it is just to say you have information. If you have written an anonymous letter and feel you now have the courage to come forward, I beg you to do so. What we want more than anything is to show Lauren the respect she deserves by bringing her home. Hasn't she already paid for her mistakes with the ultimate sacrifice? Please…anything small could be big.

Charlene Spierer

www.findlauren.com
 helpfindlauren@gmail.com
 Bloomington Police Department: 812.339.4477
 Find Lauren PO Box 1226 Bloomington, IN 47402
 Beau Dietl & Associates 800.777.9366
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #719 on: November 02, 2012, 10:32:59 AM »

Mother Of Missing IU Student Lauren Spierer Reaches Out Again
Last updated on Tuesday, October 23, 2012

BLOOMINGTON) - The mother of missing Indiana University student Lauren Spierer has reached out again for any information that would help locate her daughter.

Charlene Spierer posted a letter on the family's Facebook page Monday night asking for someone with information to "please get in touch with me."

http://www.wbiw.com/local/archives/2012/10/mother_of_missing_iu_student_l.php
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.